Options

Trade gone south...

13»

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    TFlyer said:
    deadendp said:
    I hope that you are able to get this sorted out.  Those photos are rough.  

Does it play?  
    It was supposed to be new and sealed, it is a backspacer and it came in a bag not shrink wrapped. He insists it is how backspacer came sealed. I am confused however because there is wear on the spine and as you can see obvious scratching on the vinyl. I have never personally seen a sealed vinyl in a bag but I don't know...
    I can verify that is how my backspacers were, so he may not be all wrong on that.
    I bought several when they went on sale for $10, and it looked like a bag. Held on to them for 10 years, but sold them to help fun a trip to Wrigley.  I was afraid people would think it wasnt legit or sealed, so I made sure to take pics and send them before any deal was made when I traded/sold them.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    Shakescky said:
    PP193448 said:
    Pretty sure the first batch of Backspacers had flaws from the processing plant. Even the random variant red ones. They reissued new ones, but you had to contact them. So it is actually possible he sent you a damaged one he didn’t know about.  But that wasn’t the case with the Coke Ten.  
    It is my understanding you could be mixing up two albums. I remember Lightning Bolt having flaws (released on black and random red). Backspacer, as far as I know, only had releases on black and white.
    You’re correct. It was LB not backsprayer.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    TFlyerTFlyer DMV (dc,md,va) Posts: 881
    mace1229 said:
    TFlyer said:
    deadendp said:
    I hope that you are able to get this sorted out.  Those photos are rough.  

Does it play?  
    It was supposed to be new and sealed, it is a backspacer and it came in a bag not shrink wrapped. He insists it is how backspacer came sealed. I am confused however because there is wear on the spine and as you can see obvious scratching on the vinyl. I have never personally seen a sealed vinyl in a bag but I don't know...
    I can verify that is how my backspacers were, so he may not be all wrong on that.
    I bought several when they went on sale for $10, and it looked like a bag. Held on to them for 10 years, but sold them to help fun a trip to Wrigley.  I was afraid people would think it wasnt legit or sealed, so I made sure to take pics and send them before any deal was made when I traded/sold them.
    OK well we have throughly debated the legitimacy of this bag and now I know if I ever come across it again :rofl:

Still though the rest of the vinyl was damaged and at this point we are all just repeating ourselves and feeding into the one small portion of the issue. 

But thank you for clearing it up, the mystery continues on how that one was so horribly damaged. But lets not discuss it further :rofl: 
  • Options
    Shakescky said:
    PP193448 said:
    Pretty sure the first batch of Backspacers had flaws from the processing plant. Even the random variant red ones. They reissued new ones, but you had to contact them. So it is actually possible he sent you a damaged one he didn’t know about.  But that wasn’t the case with the Coke Ten.  
    It is my understanding you could be mixing up two albums. I remember Lightning Bolt having flaws (released on black and random red). Backspacer, as far as I know, only had releases on black and white.
    You’re correct. It was LB not backsprayer.
    Thanks for clearing that up, I thought the red vinyl was LB also but I wasn't sure
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Shakescky said:
    PP193448 said:
    Yes. You’re right. It was Lightning Bolt.  Damn. Sorry.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    mlregamlrega Northern Virginia, USA Posts: 42
    Still not sure how I'm the bad guy here....  When did it become ok to unseal vinyl, then return it to the sender.  Post office damaged the coke 10, but if you didn't want the records, why did you unseal backspacer? 

How about I send you the backspacer you opened, and you send me a sealed one?    
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    mlrega said:
    Still not sure how I'm the bad guy here....  When did it become ok to unseal vinyl, then return it to the sender.  Post office damaged the coke 10, but if you didn't want the records, why did you unseal backspacer? 

How about I send you the backspacer you opened, and you send me a sealed one?    
    I had to open the backspacer to see that it was so horribly scratched up. You knew that I was going to open it because I told you I wanted a Pearl Jam vinyl that I could listen to. I have already told you that I sent your records back to you in a PM, I have also publicly posted that I did so in this thread as well. Again I apologized the backspacer was opened yet you continue to fixate on it (even though it was 1/3 items). I am not the only person who has stated that the best course of action is to move on from this situation now but you are refusing to do so. 

Take your $50 that you are getting from the postal claim and buy a new backspacer for 19.99 if you really care that much about it. I am not going to be responding to your posts anymore because you can't see around this situation.

Everyone else in this thread seems to think that I did right to the best of my abilities so I don't feel bad in this situation. If you bought any item from any store (online or in person) and you opened it up to find any sort of damage no matter what it was vinyl/cd/dvd/anything and opened the case to see the item inside was damaged you could return it that's how the world works.

And they didn't just damage the coke ten they damaged all three records the corners were dented on the backspacer and the bottom seem was horribly split on the bowie vinyl which you told me was in a different condition. So nothing arrived as described!
    Post edited by TFlyer on
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    :fearful:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options

First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options

:rofl: grab some of the tea...there's plenty to go around apparently it's still being brewed :hushed:

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,081
    mlrega said:
    Can you open a sealed record from a record store, then take it back?  Just curious...
    If you get home, open it, and the record is damaged? Yes, that is exactly what I would do. 
  • Options
    not a record that's been sealed for 9 years
  • Options
    I don't think everyone on here agrees with you...  Consensus with the people I've spoken with feel if someone opens a sealed vinyl... it's theirs. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,081
    mlrega said:
    I don't think everyone on here agrees with you...  Consensus with the people I've spoken with feel if someone opens a sealed vinyl... it's theirs. 
    If the vinyl was in the stated condition, I can see that. If it is not, like in this case, different story.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    mlrega said:
    If the vinyl was in the stated condition, I can see that. If it is not, like in this case, different story.
    The pictures show the state it was in upon arrival for everyone to see. I am done discussing this, admins can close the thread for all I care it's getting out of hand. I just thought it was important for people to see what happened here. 
  • Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,792
    pjl44 said:
    mlrega said:
    Schrödinger's vinyl
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,146

Where have you been, man?!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,932
    edited August 2018
    Private messages are private. Please do not post them. Same goes for emails. Thank you

Post edited by Sea on
This discussion has been closed.