Options

My story dealing with several horrible entitled “railbirds” in GA at Wrigley 2

Comments

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,749
    If you're over 30 and obsessed with getting the rail...you're kooky.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    ascahnascahn Posts: 13
    PJNB said:
    Is this narrative wrong on what happened?

- Night 1 ends and an unofficial line forms. Security moves them to a location that they are allowed to form the line and wait to be moved until 8:00am

- You guys show up, know that there is an unofficial line that was made long before you got there and you still push to get ahead of it knowing they camped out right after the show. 

- Security comes, does not give a shit and moves on

I have a couple of questions. If you knew that people were there way before you, 8:00am lineup time or not, why did you feel the need to get ahead of them? I would never have done that myself official line or not.  I am not defending them just find it ballsy to try and slip in like that. Yes 8:00am is the designated time but these people were moved to a section by security and told to wait there until they would all be moved to the official location. In the meantime you guys come in not waiting nearly as much as the others and take the front spot. I can understand how the other group would not be overjoyed by this but them using the list and confrontational attitude is ridiculous. I am not sure what 10 club thought would happen with the 8:00am but it seemed like they were ok with the unofficial line. Posting vids and pics on social media over this was unnecessary as well by them. To have your faces smeared on a page of over 60,000 people was not fair to you or your group. Fuck them for doing that. 

PJ_Soul said:
    PJNB said:
    Is this narrative wrong on what happened?

- Night 1 ends and an unofficial line forms. Security moves them to a location that they are allowed to form the line and wait to be moved until 8:00am

- You guys show up, know that there is an unofficial line that was made long before you got there and you still push to get ahead of it knowing they camped out right after the show. 

- Security comes, does not give a shit and moves on

I have a couple of questions. If you knew that people were there way before you, 8:00am lineup time or not, why did you feel the need to get ahead of them? I would never have done that myself official line or not.  I am not defending them just find it ballsy to try and slip in like that. Yes 8:00am is the designated time but these people were moved to a section by security and told to wait there until they would all be moved to the official location. In the meantime you guys come in not waiting nearly as much as the others and take the front spot. I can understand how the other group would not be overjoyed by this but them using the list and confrontational attitude is ridiculous. I am not sure what 10 club thought would happen with the 8:00am but it seemed like they were ok with the unofficial line. Posting vids and pics on social media over this was unnecessary as well by them. To have your faces smeared on a page of over 60,000 people was not fair to you or your group. Fuck them for doing that. 
    IMO, the second that group created a list, they lost their right to that spot in their illegitimate line, as per 10C rules. Technically, all of them should have been sent to the back of the line.
    We didn’t know for sure that they had a list until we actually saw them lining people up from the list in order. We had no list. We just got in line. There were four of us there to start and an additional person walked up and joined us.  The rules per Ten Club were clear to me in that all attempts to create a list or numbering system were prohibited. Now, it would be different if all Ten Club members were aware of their list and had an opportunity to be on it, but that wasn’t the case. They opened that opportunity to those that they chose. They offered the opportunity to be on their list to us, but we refused citing the Ten Club rule.  Also, I don’t believe security told them to go wait inside Murphy’s until a time that they would be moved, and that’s where many of them were. In addition, 8 vehicles arrive at 4:00 am and drop off numerous people carrying their gear for waiting all day. They were not in any kind of line, they just appeared and joined the others. 
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,748
    edited August 2018
    First I wanna start by saying this was my 20-21st show with 6-7 GA shows so I’m no novice with the rail situation and what it takes to get on it.  I’ve never been fortunate enough to camp out with my kids and whatnot makes it hard but we’ve gotten there at 7am several times and been 3 rows back and been totally cool with never ever getting a rail chance.  This show we decided to wait until 2pm to line up for the simple reason of what happened,  we all know what happens when any lighting is close the evacuate the field and a clusterfuck ensues like I watched from seats in the first rainout show.  We were 6-7 rows back center stage before the evacuation so I gave up good seats too wasn’t like I showed up at 730 before it started but anyways...  I knew by watching the last clusterfuck that the people who got pushed into the grandstands had no shot at getting a good spot so hung out by the beer stand until they made us move and funneled everyone towards those tunnels where the lines stopped and suddenly we were 1-2 people from the end of line and we realized holy shit we’ve got a rail shot here so yes I’m going to take that if it’s given to me on a platter so on it went!  My wife and I ran (with everyone else who wasn’t on the rail before standing by me) and we made it YES!!!  Then out of know where this woman comes up phyically pushing me pack and spreads both her arms out as far she can saving spots for 2 more people who showed up 30 seconds later which seemed like an hour and then pushed us back and out again just being totally disrespectful and rude my wife was like wtf!  So I’m hot but then the dudes she was with were cool and they said they had been on rail to begin with they had this spot before they cleared.  So being the bigger person I backed off and said cool then if u were here and made it back (mostly) I’m cool and I APOLIGIZED and said let’s have a good show...  3 minutes later GA getting filled up I feel this person pushing on me again!!!  This time from the back into the rail!  It’s another woman claiming I’m now in her spot!!!  She had pissed off the whole crowd to get to this point and then she wouldn’t get off me to point my wife had ask her wtf she was doing and I finally said fuck this stupid shit and gave this woman my 2nd row spot so I could stand with my wife for fucksake.  Then this woman gets into with the other woman standing next to her to the point we’re security was called halfway thru show and they were taking shit to each other all night!  Then this happened can’t make this up I had the red shirt on with the picture of the spin magazine cover with eddies mouth tapped up stones side.  another fucking person arrives claiming I’m in his 3rd row spot with his 6’5” son!  This time I’d had enough and so had my cool neighbor buddy we start having words with this D Bag hes basically standing on top of me at this point and he’s running his mouth about how we weren’t here before and la la la and we said we’re don’t moving so there he stood!!!  The whole first set he’s failing back into me and holding his arm up for obsurd amounts of time trying to block my view just total fucking asshat!!!  Ruined the first set completely.  Then the encore break comes and he’s all trying to pull his son in front of us again to the point I thought I was gonna have to smack this dude then he finally says we’ll do you wanna trade me then and I can stand by my son!  (Which by the way what kind of example this dude sets is unreal) but I said yes of course I’ll trade you and then my wife and I actually got to enjoy the second half of the show!!   But where do we draw the lines on stuff like this?  Anyone who was at the first show knew there was slim to none chance to get back where u we’re just the way the cards fell!   Let’s be real here I’m betting 60-70% of people on the rails every night have been there before!  And if the First Lady I encountered had been there before it’s pisses me off more she acted like that.  I totally realize they wasted all day maybe the day before also to get there but they had to know the risk of evacuation with it happening before!!   I’d love some feedback on this issue if I’m in the wrong for even trying to get the rail should I have just sat back and waited for GA to fill up until I got my 6th row seats back?   Thanks all except the lady’s who bumped me back and the D-bag in red shirt with glasses and a 6’5” 16 year old son whom he’s a horrible role model too!!    
    I got my front and center when there were seats during the 09 tour. Did GA for Phoenix 2013 and stood in the back (which was really only about halfway back from the area cleared) where this douche kept dancing into me, there was literally nobody behind me. Fuck GA, I’m getting too old for this shit, couldn’t imagine people “claiming spots.” So ignorant, need to look up what General admission means 
    Post edited by Foriginal Sin on
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    those people are the worst. I laugh at them  yet feel sorry for them as well.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,493
    have any of these "Aussies" responded to this thread? Or maybe they are only 10c members to get GA tickets & bully the GA line?
    Oh, the ''Aussies'', again..i met them in Argentina and this summer to Europe..
    no words..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    edited August 2018
    This is hilarious, I have done my time queuing in the past when we used number in Europe and now this is the precise reason why I don't queue up anymore, when a lady couldn't scan my ticket properly after waiting a bunch of hours I realise that wasn't worth it anymore. You're meant to be on holiday!
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,539
    Gtilley8 said:
    Which of you Americans are going to fly all the way to Australia? To Sydney, Melbourne,  Brisbane, etc. Just to sit on sidewalks day after day after day, see some concerts,  and then fly back home?
    I was waiting for this.  Thank you.  Here's the short answer..... It doesn't fucking matter.  I don't give a shit if you flew 21 hours, or drove 3 minutes.  None of that gives you an entitlement to shit.  10 Club set out specific times you could and couldn't lineup.  Don't like the rules, don't play the game.  
    You missed the goal of my question. 

Are there any Americans on here who would fly all the way to Australia  and spend all their time on sidewalks rather than visiting its beautiful cities, sites, and enjoying the people?

And where are the Aussies to defend/explain themselves?
  • Options
    Beat me to it...
    Imagine flying all the way to Seattle/Chicago to camp in the street. What an amazing pair of cities a lot of people probably missed. Their loss
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    Beat me to it...
    Imagine flying all the way to Seattle/Chicago to camp in the street. What an amazing pair of cities a lot of people probably missed. Their loss
    I don't understand why most people think that most fans are only in town for the day of the show. You can say that if you were talking about the tours before let's say 2005 but this year Pearl Jam had show dates that were spread far apart between countries and cities.

Some people could afford to stay in one country or city for a week and lineup however they want and still have a few days to see the city or country they're in.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    KS1695 said:
    hrd2imgn said:
    pjl44 said:
    Team All Reserved Seating 2019
    wasn't any better, I was an aisle seat and all nigh long a parade of people coming and standing right in front of me with no regard since it was the aisle.
    That's how Seattle went too. I had an aisle seat in row 4 Section M on the floor and the aisle between sections M and N turned into it's own GA pit. It was bad and security kept trying to clear the aisle but eventually gave up. I was more beat up than my days in GA. They should have been amazing seats, but the etiquette was worse than most GA crowds I've been in. Good thing the music is amazing! LOL
    Re: Fenway 2018 

I was impressed how great security was in keeping the aisles clear in my section on the turf. I hope security is just as good this year!
  • Options
    Beat me to it...
    I don't understand why most people think that most fans are only in town for the day of the show. You can say that if you were talking about the tours before let's say 2005 but this year Pearl Jam had show dates that were spread far apart between countries and cities.

Some people could afford to stay in one country or city for a week and lineup however they want and still have a few days to see the city or country they're in.
    I didn't think for one second that people fly in just for the shows and fly home.
    I still think thats 2 days or however long in two of my favourite cities in the US that you won't get back, for what effectively amounts to 5 yards at a show.

Each to their own of course, if that works for you then who am I to judge
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,507
    edited August 2018
    Rob aka Santos works the 10C ticket window at the stadium shows. If you spot abuse of any kind in the GA line send someone to the box office once it opens and let Rob know what’s up. No doubt he’ll make his way over and instruct security on exactly what needs to be done. 

Otherwise pretty sure none of those GA nazis post here or even care about what’s being said. I mentioned spotting the bearded Australian rushing over right after the 1st Wrigley show let out so he can be at the front of the GA line for the 2nd show. Like he told the camera operator in the DVD, he flies 25,000 miles to line up for days in the GA line so he’s clearly conscious of his actions and if he and that red haired girl in that group want to let all their friends sneak in to join them on line right before the show and treat their fellow fans like shit they’re clearly conscious of those actions as well. 

If these people fill the voids in their lives doing these things that’s for them to decide. Ultimately I’m pretty sure when they walk out of the show having spent days on the sidewalk to get rail and *maybe* a wink from Ed or Mike the void will still exist afterwards...and so it’s back onto the next sidewalk.
    Post edited by 100 Pacer on
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    100 Pacer said:
    Rob aka Santos works the 10C ticket window at the stadium shows. If you spot abuse of any kind in the GA line send someone to the box office once it opens and let Rob know what’s up. No doubt he’ll make his way over and instruct security on exactly what needs to be done. 

Otherwise pretty sure none of those GA nazis post here or even care about what’s being said. I mentioned spotting the bearded Australian rushing over right after the 1st Wrigley show let out so he can be at the front of the GA line for the 2nd show. Like he told the camera operator in the DVD, he flies 25,000 miles to line up for days in the GA line so he’s clearly conscious of his actions and if he and that red haired girl in that group want to let all their friends sneak in to join them on line right before the show and treat their fellow fans like shit they’re clearly conscious of those actions as well. 

If these people fill the voids in their lives doing these things that’s for them to decide. Ultimately I’m pretty sure when they walk out of the show having spent days on the sidewalk to get rail and *maybe* a wink from Ed or Mike the void will still exist afterwards...and so it’s back onto the next sidewalk.

And THIS post ^^^ can pretty much end this discussion!
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    Seeing familiar-faced fans, making many sacrifices for the love of music, on the rail every night on tour is everything this band is about

The means in which most of these fans get the rail every night on tour is everything this band is against 

don’t make no sense
    to fight
    near the GA tents
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Beat me to it...

Um if you are going to queue on the rail then that most likely means you are going to be doing more than 1 show. I'm not sure if you have seen the tour schedule but its usually show > travel day > show > travel day > show travel day so not much time to go sight seeing after all the logistics of getting everywhere.
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • Options
    moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 455
    Even if you do random number draws, it won’t help the rain evacuation scenario that started this thread with people’s entitlement to their previous spots.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,637
    Even if you do random number draws, it won’t help the rain evacuation scenario that started this thread with people’s entitlement to their previous spots.

Agreed, but that is rare and the conversation has turned with ascahn's post about lines, lists and behavior.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Actually, random draws would dismantle so much of the entitlement that apparently exists now, I disagree that a rain delay/evacuation wouldn't also be positively impacted.  If more attention could be paid to how people are evacuated and let back in, and if security could be prepared for the rush and insist on checking each person's wristband (i.e. take security from elsewhere just for the re-opening of the pit and make sure it's more orderly and crashers don't get in) then it will totally change the tone of the re-entered pit.  

Some people will always act like entitled idiots and bullies.  But doing a random draw for order to go in will go FAR in changing most of the bad stories that are in this discussion.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

some of you folks are nuts lol

meanwhile, my fat ass is relaxing side stage reserved with easy access to a concession stand and bathroom, que even flow!

it's a concert, not a survival event!

• Options
    PJNB said:
    I ran into those Aussies at the Prague show. They had a Canadian flag over them protecting themselves from the sun. I went over to chat and say hi since it was Canada day. I asked if they were Canadian and they said why the fuck would you think that with an attitude. Caught me off guard since I was just saying hi. I said well you have a Canadian flag above you. They said what the fuck does that matter. Cool guys have a great fucking show I said laughing at them as I walked away. I went back to another group and told them of the conversation I had with them and they were not surprised I had that experience. You only get one first impression with people and that was an odd one to have.

Saying that and correct me if I am wrong as I may be but did these people not line up unofficially right after the first show? If yes and you guys knew that or were made aware that why did you try and get ahead of that line knowing they camped out two nights? If I showed up to line up at a show and knew people were ahead of me waiting to get to the official line there is no way I would try and outrun them at 8:00am official line or not. Saying that fuck them for treating you guys like they did on social media and in person. Mcgruff is right it is a rock concert grow the fuck up and start acting like adults here.

With regards to them always being in GA and upfront it really is not that hard with the size of their group to get tickets for a lot of the shows. They seem to have a large network working together and to get upfront all they need to do is put the time in that others will not do. Pretty simple to do if you are crazy enough to do it. 

Funny thing i think i know this aussies you met
    guy was fuckin burnt out on the krakow show
    he can barely speak and walk
    i dont know what their goal is
    do they have reward or get congratulation stamps from the band
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    delete
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,746
    Brisk. said:
    I see the GA and quite honestly there isn’t some Gaga amount of energy at the shows I attend.  It looks rather tame to be honest so I call BS on that.  
    Yeah people barely move, even on the rail every show no energy.
    Berlin GA this year had amazing energy from the rail all the way to the back. I have been in 4 GA pits this year and all 4 of them have had great energy in my area. That said you can only see a small section of the pit that you are in so it might not hold true for the whole section. Seattle 2 on the other hand I had reserved and people were falling asleep beside me. Didn't take away from my show but it would have added to the show a bit if others were rocking out as hard as we were. 
  • Options
    MT236122MT236122 Pittsburgh Posts: 132
    iwasthere said:
    PJNB said:
    By the sounds of things this is what happened. 

- Group 1 leaves show early to start new line after night 1
    - Group 1 is told to move to another area by security and are going to allow them to stay there until it is time to walk them up to the official line at 8:00am
    - Group 1 may or may not have used a list and may or may not have been in line the whole time 
    - Group 2 comes in 24 hours later on Sunday night and claims the 8:00am spot that security told group 1 they were not allowed to be at
    - There is no security to tell group 2 that they are not allowed to be there.
    - Group 1 tells group 2 about the other line already started and about security moving them
    - Group 2 does not care about the other line and keeps their spot
    - Some of Group 1 acts like a bunch of idiots bullying and posting on social media.
    - Rain comes pouring down and both groups get a much needed wash 

exactly.

PJNB said:
    By the sounds of things this is what happened. 

- Group 1 leaves show early to start new line after night 1
    - Group 1 is told to move to another area by security and are going to allow them to stay there until it is time to walk them up to the official line at 8:00am
    - Group 1 may or may not have used a list and may or may not have been in line the whole time 
    - Group 2 comes in 24 hours later on Sunday night and claims the 8:00am spot that security told group 1 they were not allowed to be at
    - There is no security to tell group 2 that they are not allowed to be there.
    - Group 1 tells group 2 about the other line already started and about security moving them
    - Group 2 does not care about the other line and keeps their spot
    - Some of Group 1 acts like a bunch of idiots bullying and posting on social media.
    - Rain comes pouring down and both groups get a much needed wash 
    This is the best post ever!!
    +1
    Riding high amongst the waves
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    set up multiple stages.  Make people guess where they are going to play
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    my2hands said:

some of you folks are nuts lol

meanwhile, my fat ass is relaxing side stage reserved with easy access to a concession stand and bathroom, que even flow!

it's a concert, not a survival event!

+1
  • Options
    ascahnascahn Posts: 13
    iwasthere said:
    ascahn,
    I was 6th in line.

I saw what happened. I see your side for sure. Not exactly full story in my view. I never spoke to you, and that BS was over the top, you are right about that. Still, I did leave in the middle of Yellow Ledbetter on Saturday to get in line for Monday. Was allowed to be there til daybreak and told to move. Was in the exact spot you were and again told to move as the rule was 8am the next day. But still went across street to keep kicking can down road and linger. I didnt leave, I didnt sleep. I would have been where you were entire time but was told to leave tiI 8am. Well, you were still 9 hours early too and came at 11pm and go where I and others were told not to be. You just didnt encounter anyone telling you to leave again. I know the guy who was first came over and told you we had been there since the show ended the night before and was just waiting across street because we couldn't loiter there. You told him it didn't matter. It's fine I guess, you didn't break any laws or anything. I knew entire time you didn't operate outside of any 10c rules. You just knew there were several of us waiting directly across street and wanted to get around them. Now the large amount that showed up at 4, they aren't who I'm talking about and were not who we were asking you to get behind. At 4am I know the mob came across the street to line up, but not at 11pm when you arrived. I am talking to you about the people waiting in the unofficial line directly across the street that was looking back and forth with your crew all night, lol. That was less than 20 people that had been there. This is all unofficial of course as neither you nor us were supposed to be there yet. But you were 100% aware we were across street waiting for 24 hours longer than you and you thought if you stayed there you could get around them. Again, that's how you wanted to handle it, fine. I was sixth in line. Think we would agree the noise was coming from further back than me. With you in front, I was 10th, wasn't that big of deal. I was one of two people actually saying fuck it and to just get behind you at midnight even though I didn't like it. 

Beside all that, I get the railbird stuff! Was only my 2nd PJ show in past 5 years and first time up front in a decade. Was front and center before the rain and with much skill, lol, was front and center after rain. I had a great time but here is my vote to go back to reserved seating!!! Damn! The competitive nature is just to natural of a reaction. Everyone wants a good spot! 
    Of course, I knew there was people at Murphy’s as well as other locations waiting to in. My issue was with the list and their feeling of supremacy regarding who would or could be on that list. We refused to succumb to the pressure that was placed on us which was basically either we would get on their list or we would be forced to deal with their consequences. They had zero right to use any list or numbering system. We were also aware that there was a real possibility that we would be told to leave by police or security and we would have left as you did. We lined up in the exact spot where the line begun for Saturday’s show. Did we disobey the 8:00 am rule?  Yes we did. We also knew that many others would disobey the rule so we took a “What’s good for the goose is good for the gander” approach. 

Also so I will say that yes, not every person in your group participated in the verbal abuse directed at us. There were even a couple of people that approached us to say that they didn’t approve of the way we were being treated and that they would be happy to stand with us. One of the more hilarious things that took place was at one point I had a face to face confrontation with the supreme Aussie leader after I had taken his picture for my own personal use in case the situation escalated to our of control. As he walked up to me and was literally standing within inches of my face, a group of about 8 others ran up from where they were standing in, to apparently show a sign a strength if I was to get out of control. Nothing more than another attempt at intimidation to me. 

Here is the link to the Ten Club rule that I was citing. That was my foundation and we were dead set against being bullied into their list. https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/271970/there-is-no-list-number-system-for-10c-ga-lines  

• Options
    Brisk. said:
    Beat me to it...

Um if you are going to queue on the rail then that most likely means you are going to be doing more than 1 show. I'm not sure if you have seen the tour schedule but its usually show > travel day > show > travel day > show travel day so not much time to go sight seeing after all the logistics of getting everywhere.

I disagree. If you can afford it and are a bit creative you could easily have stayed in Seattle, Missoula, Chicago, Spain, Italy, London, and Holland for about a week
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,846
    ascahn said:
    iwasthere said:
    ascahn,
    I was 6th in line.

I saw what happened. I see your side for sure. Not exactly full story in my view. I never spoke to you, and that BS was over the top, you are right about that. Still, I did leave in the middle of Yellow Ledbetter on Saturday to get in line for Monday. Was allowed to be there til daybreak and told to move. Was in the exact spot you were and again told to move as the rule was 8am the next day. But still went across street to keep kicking can down road and linger. I didnt leave, I didnt sleep. I would have been where you were entire time but was told to leave tiI 8am. Well, you were still 9 hours early too and came at 11pm and go where I and others were told not to be. You just didnt encounter anyone telling you to leave again. I know the guy who was first came over and told you we had been there since the show ended the night before and was just waiting across street because we couldn't loiter there. You told him it didn't matter. It's fine I guess, you didn't break any laws or anything. I knew entire time you didn't operate outside of any 10c rules. You just knew there were several of us waiting directly across street and wanted to get around them. Now the large amount that showed up at 4, they aren't who I'm talking about and were not who we were asking you to get behind. At 4am I know the mob came across the street to line up, but not at 11pm when you arrived. I am talking to you about the people waiting in the unofficial line directly across the street that was looking back and forth with your crew all night, lol. That was less than 20 people that had been there. This is all unofficial of course as neither you nor us were supposed to be there yet. But you were 100% aware we were across street waiting for 24 hours longer than you and you thought if you stayed there you could get around them. Again, that's how you wanted to handle it, fine. I was sixth in line. Think we would agree the noise was coming from further back than me. With you in front, I was 10th, wasn't that big of deal. I was one of two people actually saying fuck it and to just get behind you at midnight even though I didn't like it. 

Beside all that, I get the railbird stuff! Was only my 2nd PJ show in past 5 years and first time up front in a decade. Was front and center before the rain and with much skill, lol, was front and center after rain. I had a great time but here is my vote to go back to reserved seating!!! Damn! The competitive nature is just to natural of a reaction. Everyone wants a good spot! 
    Of course, I knew there was people at Murphy’s as well as other locations waiting to in. My issue was with the list and their feeling of supremacy regarding who would or could be on that list. We refused to succumb to the pressure that was placed on us which was basically either we would get on their list or we would be forced to deal with their consequences. They had zero right to use any list or numbering system. We were also aware that there was a real possibility that we would be told to leave by police or security and we would have left as you did. We lined up in the exact spot where the line begun for Saturday’s show. Did we disobey the 8:00 am rule?  Yes we did. We also knew that many others would disobey the rule so we took a “What’s good for the goose is good for the gander” approach. 

Also so I will say that yes, not every person in your group participated in the verbal abuse directed at us. There were even a couple of people that approached us to say that they didn’t approve of the way we were being treated and that they would be happy to stand with us. One of the more hilarious things that took place was at one point I had a face to face confrontation with the supreme Aussie leader after I had taken his picture for my own personal use in case the situation escalated to our of control. As he walked up to me and was literally standing within inches of my face, a group of about 8 others ran up from where they were standing in, to apparently show a sign a strength if I was to get out of control. Nothing more than another attempt at intimidation to me. 

Here is the link to the Ten Club rule that I was citing. That was my foundation and we were dead set against being bullied into their list. https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/271970/there-is-no-list-number-system-for-10c-ga-lines  

I want to know what the supreme leader looks like. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I think the Springsteen method would help. Plus it would piss off the rail Nazis. And it could open the rial up to new people every show. Would not solve everything,  but it sounds like a winner. Will be fun if they implement this in 2019. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Take GA away, please. I'll be in my comfy seat on the 'wings' with my unimpeded line of sight right there even with the stage hanging out watching happy people get situated and seated like normal human beings.
    www.cluthelee.com
This discussion has been closed.