Options

My story dealing with several horrible entitled “railbirds” in GA at Wrigley 2

Comments

• Options
    iwasthere said:
    This Springsteen system sounds amazing. 
    Yeah I really dig that idea - to me it is the best solution and a very workable and fair system
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    Which of you Americans are going to fly all the way to Australia? To Sydney, Melbourne,  Brisbane, etc. Just to sit on sidewalks day after day after day, see some concerts,  and then fly back home?
    I was waiting for this.  Thank you.  Here's the short answer..... It doesn't fucking matter.  I don't give a shit if you flew 21 hours, or drove 3 minutes.  None of that gives you an entitlement to shit.  10 Club set out specific times you could and couldn't lineup.  Don't like the rules, don't play the game.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,696
    iwasthere said:
    PJNB said:
    Again, the 8:00 am line up rule is set by an outisde authority, why should that take precedent over the group established rule of whoever gets there first is first in line? 
    I guess for me, personally all in all I don't see venue rules and policy as "outside authority", I see it as THE authority, so to speak.  And if their line and whoever gets there first is the only line they consider official, the people who get to that line first, in this case ascahn, their place in line is (IMO) as legitimate as anything else
    I have no clue why I am still talking about this but they were not the first in that line. The first in that line was moved by THE authority to another designated spot. 24 hours later his group claims that spot that was not allowed by group #1 but no security is there to move them. Are they lucky to get it and no authority is moving them or are they dicks for knowing others were in that spot but got moved. This is a question that will haunt us for years to come. 
    Did the venue specifically tell them "hey you guys are the first in line but we are moving you here" or did they go "we are moving you guys here because there technically is no line until 8am, but you guys are welcome to camp out over here for the chance to be first when the line starts"?

To me, based on the information given, the line did not start until 8am, and whoever physically is first in that 8am line when 8am starts, is first in line, right?  
    That just perpetuates the current problem because people will always arrive before 8:00. What I’m hearing is that if the 10c announced “the official line starts where the campers are” then people will follow that directive. What I’m saying is that we don’t need to wait for the 10c to declare that. Instead we do that ourselves. 
    Well if people always arrive before 8am, then following protocol set by the venue, the people officially physically present in the line first when it starts at 8am, is first in line

To me we DO need to wait for 10C to announce it, or the venue.  If there is no explicit rule, we as fans cannot set rules telling other fans what to do.   We can only abide by the official rules set by the venue or 10C.

The only thing that would perpetuate the current problem is when fans impose their own rules.  The campers were set aside not because they had to move a line, but because there was no line.  None of them had any right to be #1 in line, they only had the right to camp out close to where the line starts at 8am for the chance to be first in line

So to me the only issue is when campers got beat to the punch legitimately, but can't deal with it emotionally because they are so used to setting rules over other fans
    I guess I’m hung up on people
    giving credence to a venue rule that’s just in place so they aren’t responsible for what might be a hassle. 

Okay, so picture the 8:00 am rule taken literally and how this would play out in reality. You’d have 400+ people milling about across the street at 7:59 and the. All hell would break loose at 8:00. Pushing, shoving, running, elbows, etc. A mob would arrive at the entry gate. Who’s going to sort that out? The conflicts from that would make this OP story look like Disney. 
    Over 400+ people at 8am?
    I wouldn't doubt there were 400 by 8am on Monday, it was several blocks anyway.
    In that case, I would say if the venue was serious about the 8am thing, for sure there would be security there at the initial time to make sure everything is all good just like they do when you are inside the venue and it is a free for all when people are running into the GA area to get a spot.  Easy solution there!
    What does “everything is all good” mean? Security won’t change the fact that you have a massive blob of people who are excited to be first in line. It would be a shit show
  • Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    Gtilley8 said:
    Which of you Americans are going to fly all the way to Australia? To Sydney, Melbourne,  Brisbane, etc. Just to sit on sidewalks day after day after day, see some concerts,  and then fly back home?
    I was waiting for this.  Thank you.  Here's the short answer..... It doesn't fucking matter.  I don't give a shit if you flew 21 hours, or drove 3 minutes.  None of that gives you an entitlement to shit.  10 Club set out specific times you could and couldn't lineup.  Don't like the rules, don't play the game.  
    I mean, that's a noble attitude, but you are going to be 1/4 mile back with that nobility. This is the game unfortunately. 
    tacos
  • Options
    ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,201
    edited August 2018
    iwasthere said:
    PJNB said:
    Again, the 8:00 am line up rule is set by an outisde authority, why should that take precedent over the group established rule of whoever gets there first is first in line? 
    I guess for me, personally all in all I don't see venue rules and policy as "outside authority", I see it as THE authority, so to speak.  And if their line and whoever gets there first is the only line they consider official, the people who get to that line first, in this case ascahn, their place in line is (IMO) as legitimate as anything else
    I have no clue why I am still talking about this but they were not the first in that line. The first in that line was moved by THE authority to another designated spot. 24 hours later his group claims that spot that was not allowed by group #1 but no security is there to move them. Are they lucky to get it and no authority is moving them or are they dicks for knowing others were in that spot but got moved. This is a question that will haunt us for years to come. 
    Did the venue specifically tell them "hey you guys are the first in line but we are moving you here" or did they go "we are moving you guys here because there technically is no line until 8am, but you guys are welcome to camp out over here for the chance to be first when the line starts"?

To me, based on the information given, the line did not start until 8am, and whoever physically is first in that 8am line when 8am starts, is first in line, right?  
    That just perpetuates the current problem because people will always arrive before 8:00. What I’m hearing is that if the 10c announced “the official line starts where the campers are” then people will follow that directive. What I’m saying is that we don’t need to wait for the 10c to declare that. Instead we do that ourselves. 
    Well if people always arrive before 8am, then following protocol set by the venue, the people officially physically present in the line first when it starts at 8am, is first in line

To me we DO need to wait for 10C to announce it, or the venue.  If there is no explicit rule, we as fans cannot set rules telling other fans what to do.   We can only abide by the official rules set by the venue or 10C.

The only thing that would perpetuate the current problem is when fans impose their own rules.  The campers were set aside not because they had to move a line, but because there was no line.  None of them had any right to be #1 in line, they only had the right to camp out close to where the line starts at 8am for the chance to be first in line

So to me the only issue is when campers got beat to the punch legitimately, but can't deal with it emotionally because they are so used to setting rules over other fans
    giving credence to a venue rule that’s just in place so they aren’t responsible for what might be a hassle. 

Okay, so picture the 8:00 am rule taken literally and how this would play out in reality. You’d have 400+ people milling about across the street at 7:59 and the. All hell would break loose at 8:00. Pushing, shoving, running, elbows, etc. A mob would arrive at the entry gate. Who’s going to sort that out? The conflicts from that would make this OP story look like Disney. 
    Over 400+ people at 8am?
    In that case, I would say if the venue was serious about the 8am thing, for sure there would be security there at the initial time to make sure everything is all good just like they do when you are inside the venue and it is a free for all when people are running into the GA area to get a spot.  Easy solution there!
    What does “everything is all good” mean? Security won’t change the fact that you have a massive blob of people who are excited to be first in line. It would be a shit show
    Not if security properly handles it properly.

Look we can talk hypothetical problems all day, but all in all going back to the original point -  I just think that unofficial un-unanimously agreed upon arbitrary rules set by only a few fans upon other fans, should not be actually employed.  And the people who were first in line in the case of Wrigley 2, were not doing anything wrong per the official rules. 

The online harassment and even this whole thread shouldn't have been made, but unfortunately all it takes is a few line-nazis and a few inconsiderate people in the GA section during the concert to create issue
    Post edited by ForceofNature101 on
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    edited August 2018
    Loose and vague rules, and the laughable notion this fan base can self-police only favors the bold and the cliques.  We have "fans" buying loads of stuff to exploit other fans via raffles, "flash sales", and auctions all over the known map.  Fans will do anything to get a leg up.  
    Post edited by BCBA on
  • Options
    iwasthere said:
    PJNB said:

Over 400+ people at 8am?
    Not if security properly handles it properly.

Look we can talk hypothetical problems all day, but all in all I just think that unofficial un-unanimously agreed upon arbitrary rules set by only a few fans upon other fans, should not be actually employed.  And the people who were first in line in the case of Wrigley 2, were not doing anything wrong
    And I'm not talking about arbitrary rules. The people who get there first are first in line and first through the gates. This is widely accepted in all areas.

I'm curious what you think proper handling by security in the 8:00 am scenario looks like? Maybe having people form a line who are already there?
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,102
    ascahn said:
    I’ll take this opportunity to give my side of a story that occurred in the the GA line for the Monday show with information going back to the Saturday show. 

As I have never been on the rail before, our party of 4 decided to try and make that happen. Prior to the first Wrigley show, we were aware of the 8:00 am lineup rule and checked the line several times throughout the night to see if anyone had begun to line up or if everyone was adhering to that rule. It was at 6:20 am on Saturday when we found that a line had been started and we entered that line. Clearly not everyone adhered to the 8:00 am rule. 

Moving forward to Sunday night and knowing that the 8:00 am rule was not going to be followed, we stood at the designated area, off of Cubs property, the same exact spot that the line began for the previous show. If not everyone was going to follow the rules, then I see it as fair game. 

Now, it becomes apparent that there is a group of Ten Club members with apparent Australian accents and a very cult like bearded leader that appear on the rail at just about show, including the Wrigley 1 show where they were at the front of the line as usual. You don’t have to search too hard to find or recognize this “fan”.  I would be happy to provide a picture to anyone that asks.  After sitting for about 3 hours, a member of their group which, at this time, appears to number in the range of 30-40 people, approaches us and inquired as to what we are doing. We said we are waiting. We were then told that what we were doing was not good and they offered to let us in to their group where we could be added to their list. When we reminded this person that, as per TC rules, there are not to be any lists, we were told that the outcome of this would not work out well for us. There would be an additional 4 people that work come over from their group and do the exact thing over the next several hours, even telling us what number we would be on that list. We declined every time to join there list citing the Ten Club rules on lists and numbering systems. Several times we were even told that Ten Club and Ten Club Security approved of their system and authorized them to continue to do it that way. When we asked to be shown this document nothing was ever shown. We were told that we were “cutting in their line”, when in fact, we had started the line. At any time they could have lined up behind us. 

Moving forward to 4:00 am on Monday morning, it became very apparent that 4:00 am was the time given to others to arrive as no less than 8 vehicles arrived and dropped off people that went straight to the group that had assembled in front of Murphy’s on the southeast corner of Waveland and and Sheffield. Sometime about 5:30 am or so every person in that group ran at the same time across Waveland Ave and line up on Cubs property where the official line would be moved to at 8:00. Once there, they were put into order from a list carried by one of the female Australians that travels with this group. Not long after, they were removed from that property, by security I assume, and moved behind where we were lined up. It was at this time that the now 5 of us ahead of them would be verbally abused and attempts to intimidate us were made. This would be a constant stream until 8:00 am, when we were all moved to the start of the official line on Cubs property.  Again, we were at the front of the line having not been intimidated from their constant stream of attempted bullying and verbal abuse.  Members of there group began to take pictures and video of us, with which they proceeded to post on various Ten Club and PJ Facebook groups, lying about how we cut into the line, and calling us names. Many comments were made by others, some suggested violence against us and others laced with profanity towards us. Can someone explain to me how a group of 5 could cut in front of a group of roughly 70 and not physically removed?  Really?  This group got people to believe that our group of 5 just walked in front of their group of 70 and muscled them out of the way and they let it happen?  We became a group of 4 at this time, as one member of our group decided to leave due to the circumstances. Again, we did not “cut” into the line, we started the line. They had every right to start the line at the designated spot as they did for the previous show and they chose not too. They somehow thought that their list was law, even though Ten Club prohibits lists. We chose to not be intimidated and stand out ground. 

Soon after we moved, in order, to the offical line at 8:00, security became involved and a discussion began. Their group of 70 all began to lie about what happened, saying they had no list and we cut to the front. I then showed the security personnel the Ten Club rules on unofficial lists and numbering systems and how they are prohibited. Security then decided to bring in event staff to further assist. Again their group shouted and screamed and I asked the event staff to read the same Ten Club rules. After discussion, event staff decided that we would stay at they front of the line and that any further issues of intimidation or threats would result in that person behind removed from the GA line. 

For the the next 8 hours we endured a continuous stream of subtle intimidation and even had people come up to us from the street to call us names and make faces. One of these people made a video andnposted to several Facebook groups in which he told us that we would have beer dumped on us all night for what we did. We had several people come to us in the front of the line asking us if this is where they receive their number. It was obvious that some people were told by the group to stop by the front of the line to find your number, as they would be in the front of the line. A pretty telling detail. 

Eventually, we enterered through security and into Wrigley Field, where there were still members of that group trying to intimidate us. We all know the rain that followed and we chose not to enter the melee that followed to get back into GA after the storm, instead watching from the back. 

This group, that contains many Australians, is on the rail at what may very well be every opportunity to do so. How can that be?  Every time?  They all win GA tickets and are lucky enough to be at the front of the GA line every show?  The odds on this happening randomly would be huge. Only it’s not happening randomly. Their system is in place and they intimidate anyone that might get in the way of them being first. It is very much like a
    cult. The tactics that they used, the mode by which they organized, the intimidation they attempted. When we didn’t break or give in to them, they turned to social media to spread lies, trying to make themselves, this group that far outnumbered the 4 of us, look like victims.  We had no way to get our side of the story to those same people, so we must be in the wrong. It’s sad, but we stood up for ourselves and I would do it again the exact same way if I had to. The clear leaders of this group appear to be all Australians. Their tactics need to be stopped. Everyone that is a member of Ten Club and purchases their GA tickets should have the same opportunities to experience a show from the rail if that’s what they choose. They shouldn’t have to abide by the rules and lies of a group who have decided to claim the rail every show and that if you don’t join their group, you will never have a chance to experience a show from the rail. 

I know this was a crazy crazy long post, but there is no other way to get the story across. There are certainly details that haven’t been added that I would gladly discuss with anyone that would care to hear them.  I also have many pictures to support my claims if anyone is interested and feels like they need additional proof. I could have put those pictures all over Facebook groups as well, but I chose not too. Anyone is certainly free to make their own decision as to whom they thought were right or wrong. I just ask that you make an educated decision based on as much factual information as possible and not just base your decision based on who can yell and scream the loudest. Thanks for reading. 

I'm only on pg 7 and this is GREAT!!!

I do hope I get to read other points of view from the "list" group.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    iwasthere said:
    Yeah I really dig that idea - to me it is the best solution and a very workable and fair system
    Radiohead does the same thing. No waiting in line  just show up to get your random number. Or don't show up until showtime and hang in the back 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,201
    edited August 2018
    And I'm not talking about arbitrary rules. The people who get there first are first in line and first through the gates. This is widely accepted in all areas. 

True, the people who get to the line first, are the first through the gates.  Just like the fine people who were the first through the gates at Wrigley 2

And well if you want a proper way to handle it, apparently Wrigley has many concerts and the 8am thing is assumed to be a thing at every show, no?  And there is no reported crazy mobs, so maybe call them up - I don't mean that in a condescending way at all, but just I have followed many bands and been to many shows and PJ is the only band where this line issue has really happened in such a big way.  I am sure not every band that plays there have the exact same "unofficial line rules" set by fans like this and it must be going well.  
    Post edited by ForceofNature101 on
  • Options

True, the people who get to the line first, are the first through the gates.  Just like the fine people who were the first through the gates at Wrigley 2

And well if you want a proper way to handle it, apparently Wrigley has many concerts and the 8am thing is assumed to be a thing at every show, no?  And there is no reported crazy mobs, so maybe call them up - I don't mean that in a condescending way at all, but just I have followed many bands and been to many shows and PJ is the only band where this line issue has really happened in such a big way.  I am sure not every band that plays there have the exact same "unofficial line rules" set by fans like this and it must be going well.  
    I guess I'm surprised to see people adopt this 8:00 am thing over people who created the line by camping out. Now I'm curious what 'line issues' you're referring to? I've never been to see a band where fans camp out the previous night(s). Only ones where they get there really early in the morning the same day of the show
  • Options
    Travels WithTravels With Posts: 552
    edited August 2018
    oops wrong thread.
    Post edited by Travels With on
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    iwasthere said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    I mean, that's a noble attitude, but you are going to be 1/4 mile back with that nobility. This is the game unfortunately. 
    Eh, I'm not trying to be noble here.  I wanted to be close Saturday, so I got in line at 830.  I know I'm not getting on the rail... I've already had to deal with the down under shit at Lolla 07.  I know what the game is....."this is our 82nd show and you're on the rail that we think we should have, but, we got to Chicago 3 days ago and we're going to try and muscle you off this spot all day."
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 437
    ascahn said:
    I’ll take this opportunity to give my side of a story that occurred in the the GA line for the Monday show with information going back to the Saturday show. 

As I have never been on the rail before, our party of 4 decided to try and make that happen. Prior to the first Wrigley show, we were aware of the 8:00 am lineup rule and checked the line several times throughout the night to see if anyone had begun to line up or if everyone was adhering to that rule. It was at 6:20 am on Saturday when we found that a line had been started and we entered that line. Clearly not everyone adhered to the 8:00 am rule. 

Moving forward to Sunday night and knowing that the 8:00 am rule was not going to be followed, we stood at the designated area, off of Cubs property, the same exact spot that the line began for the previous show. If not everyone was going to follow the rules, then I see it as fair game. 

Now, it becomes apparent that there is a group of Ten Club members with apparent Australian accents and a very cult like bearded leader that appear on the rail at just about show, including the Wrigley 1 show where they were at the front of the line as usual. You don’t have to search too hard to find or recognize this “fan”.  I would be happy to provide a picture to anyone that asks.  After sitting for about 3 hours, a member of their group which, at this time, appears to number in the range of 30-40 people, approaches us and inquired as to what we are doing. We said we are waiting. We were then told that what we were doing was not good and they offered to let us in to their group where we could be added to their list. When we reminded this person that, as per TC rules, there are not to be any lists, we were told that the outcome of this would not work out well for us. There would be an additional 4 people that work come over from their group and do the exact thing over the next several hours, even telling us what number we would be on that list. We declined every time to join there list citing the Ten Club rules on lists and numbering systems. Several times we were even told that Ten Club and Ten Club Security approved of their system and authorized them to continue to do it that way. When we asked to be shown this document nothing was ever shown. We were told that we were “cutting in their line”, when in fact, we had started the line. At any time they could have lined up behind us. 

Moving forward to 4:00 am on Monday morning, it became very apparent that 4:00 am was the time given to others to arrive as no less than 8 vehicles arrived and dropped off people that went straight to the group that had assembled in front of Murphy’s on the southeast corner of Waveland and and Sheffield. Sometime about 5:30 am or so every person in that group ran at the same time across Waveland Ave and line up on Cubs property where the official line would be moved to at 8:00. Once there, they were put into order from a list carried by one of the female Australians that travels with this group. Not long after, they were removed from that property, by security I assume, and moved behind where we were lined up. It was at this time that the now 5 of us ahead of them would be verbally abused and attempts to intimidate us were made. This would be a constant stream until 8:00 am, when we were all moved to the start of the official line on Cubs property.  Again, we were at the front of the line having not been intimidated from their constant stream of attempted bullying and verbal abuse.  Members of there group began to take pictures and video of us, with which they proceeded to post on various Ten Club and PJ Facebook groups, lying about how we cut into the line, and calling us names. Many comments were made by others, some suggested violence against us and others laced with profanity towards us. Can someone explain to me how a group of 5 could cut in front of a group of roughly 70 and not physically removed?  Really?  This group got people to believe that our group of 5 just walked in front of their group of 70 and muscled them out of the way and they let it happen?  We became a group of 4 at this time, as one member of our group decided to leave due to the circumstances. Again, we did not “cut” into the line, we started the line. They had every right to start the line at the designated spot as they did for the previous show and they chose not too. They somehow thought that their list was law, even though Ten Club prohibits lists. We chose to not be intimidated and stand out ground. 

Soon after we moved, in order, to the offical line at 8:00, security became involved and a discussion began. Their group of 70 all began to lie about what happened, saying they had no list and we cut to the front. I then showed the security personnel the Ten Club rules on unofficial lists and numbering systems and how they are prohibited. Security then decided to bring in event staff to further assist. Again their group shouted and screamed and I asked the event staff to read the same Ten Club rules. After discussion, event staff decided that we would stay at they front of the line and that any further issues of intimidation or threats would result in that person behind removed from the GA line. 

For the the next 8 hours we endured a continuous stream of subtle intimidation and even had people come up to us from the street to call us names and make faces. One of these people made a video andnposted to several Facebook groups in which he told us that we would have beer dumped on us all night for what we did. We had several people come to us in the front of the line asking us if this is where they receive their number. It was obvious that some people were told by the group to stop by the front of the line to find your number, as they would be in the front of the line. A pretty telling detail. 

Eventually, we enterered through security and into Wrigley Field, where there were still members of that group trying to intimidate us. We all know the rain that followed and we chose not to enter the melee that followed to get back into GA after the storm, instead watching from the back. 

This group, that contains many Australians, is on the rail at what may very well be every opportunity to do so. How can that be?  Every time?  They all win GA tickets and are lucky enough to be at the front of the GA line every show?  The odds on this happening randomly would be huge. Only it’s not happening randomly. Their system is in place and they intimidate anyone that might get in the way of them being first. It is very much like a
    cult. The tactics that they used, the mode by which they organized, the intimidation they attempted. When we didn’t break or give in to them, they turned to social media to spread lies, trying to make themselves, this group that far outnumbered the 4 of us, look like victims.  We had no way to get our side of the story to those same people, so we must be in the wrong. It’s sad, but we stood up for ourselves and I would do it again the exact same way if I had to. The clear leaders of this group appear to be all Australians. Their tactics need to be stopped. Everyone that is a member of Ten Club and purchases their GA tickets should have the same opportunities to experience a show from the rail if that’s what they choose. They shouldn’t have to abide by the rules and lies of a group who have decided to claim the rail every show and that if you don’t join their group, you will never have a chance to experience a show from the rail. 

I know this was a crazy crazy long post, but there is no other way to get the story across. There are certainly details that haven’t been added that I would gladly discuss with anyone that would care to hear them.  I also have many pictures to support my claims if anyone is interested and feels like they need additional proof. I could have put those pictures all over Facebook groups as well, but I chose not too. Anyone is certainly free to make their own decision as to whom they thought were right or wrong. I just ask that you make an educated decision based on as much factual information as possible and not just base your decision based on who can yell and scream the loudest. Thanks for reading. 

Thanks for sharing. Very messed up. Good for you for holding your ground...sorry the rain got in the way! But it was still an awesome show and you were a heck of a lot closer than me!
  • Options
    BCBA said:
    Loose and vague rules, and the laughable notion this fan base can self-police only favors the bold and the cliques.  We have "fans" buying loads of stuff to exploit other fans via raffles, "flash sales", and auctions all over the known map.  Fans will do anything to get a leg up.  
    Not to mention how it got so bad that the 10C had to intervene and issue a statement regarding the number queue system in GA!  
  • Options
    timdwilli said:
    Oh you hung out on the sidewalk by murphy’s The last two days? That’s odd.  
    When I saw someone post that they left during YLB on night one to get in line for night two, I thought I misread it because imy brain couldn’t process that anyone would wait two full days. Insane. 
    How does one even enjoy the show if they've spent the previous 48 hours on a sidewalk?
    And to top it all off they are MISSING part of the first show they probably waited for hours for too. Beyond pathetic. 
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited August 2018
    iwasthere said:
    Radiohead does the same thing. No waiting in line  just show up to get your random number. Or don't show up until showtime and hang in the back 
    U sure about that?  The 4 shows I went to, the people who got there earliest on line had waited overnight.  And there were people trying to pull similar stuff as here, where they were telling venue staff that THEY were the ones with FANCLUB tix through WASTE, but there were other fans who were NOT fanclub tix, so they should be allowed in first before the "non-fanclub ticket holders".  Thing was, everyone I spoke to in the "non-fanclub line" were all also WASTE/fanclub members, they just (like me) hadn't been able to get tix in time through the WASTE pre-sale and had to try again (like me) in the regular public onsale.

Anyway, point being that when I got there (about an hour before they let the GA peopl in) I was curious how long the people waiting longest were.  And it was always at least since the night before.

Me, I was deliriously happy with my seats for 3 of the 4 shows. And for the last 2 I got to watch Lars Ulrich air drum to Phil Selway's drumming while also watching the show, which was just too much fun to watch!
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • Options

I guess I'm surprised to see people adopt this 8:00 am thing over people who created the line by camping out. Now I'm curious what 'line issues' you're referring to? I've never been to see a band where fans camp out the previous night(s). Only ones where they get there really early in the morning the same day of the show
    I haven't seen much of that either - however all in all I just feel that a small number of fans should not be the ones to make the official call.  If that means maybe 10C making additional rules and guidlines, I would personally have no problem with that

But the original point, about this guy and the people he was with getting first in line, if I were "the Aussies" I would have left it at the line after the security guard told them they did nothing wrong.  I wouldn't have bullied him in line for hours making remarks, I wouldn't have tried to video shame him, and I certainly wouldn't have made such a big fuss over an amount of people that is no more than less than what you can count on one hand.  
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    have any of these "Aussies" responded to this thread? Or maybe they are only 10c members to get GA tickets & bully the GA line?
  • Options
    Why would I honor a line that starts before 8am if the official line up is not allowed until 8am?    I can’t help what people chose to do and where with their time before 8am.  

Oh you hung out on the sidewalk by murphy’s The last two days? That’s odd.  
    That’s the issue. The 8:00 am line isn’t official, that’s an external rule from the venue. What’s official is the informal line that starts however many days prior. If someone’s sleeping on the sidewalk for two days, hell yes they should have the rail. 
    Wouldn't the "official" line be whichever one is considered legitimate by the actual venue?  External rules from the venue automatically supercede all else right?
    Which is where the tension comes into play. What is “official”? To me, it would be fan determined because I think we should be able to regulate ourselves and I value rewarding those who put in the commitment. It’s kind of like in ye old days when people would camp out to buy tickets. Just because a venue doesn’t want the hassle of campers out front doesn’t determine norms around who has priority. I say we just view it as the line started away at a certain distance from the door. I think we can handle that. 
    It's amazing how many people don't even consider the community you are in...it is not just the venue. It is the neighborhood you are squatting in. It is the people who live there who don't want hundreds of PJ fans on their front stoop for four days.
  • Options
    JH6056 said:
    iwasthere said:
    U sure about that?  The 4 shows I went to, the people who got there earliest on line had waited overnight.  And there were people trying to pull similar stuff as here, where they were telling venue staff that THEY were the ones with FANCLUB tix through WASTE, but there were other fans who were NOT fanclub tix, so they should be allowed in first before the "non-fanclub ticket holders".  Thing was, everyone I spoke to in the "non-fanclub line" were all also WASTE/fanclub members, they just (like me) hadn't been able to get tix in time through the WASTE pre-sale and had to try again (like me) in the regular public onsale.

Anyway, point being that when I got there (about an hour before they let the GA peopl in) I was curious how long the people waiting longest were.  And it was always at least since the night before.

Me, I was deliriously happy with my seats for 3 of the 4 shows. And for the last 2 I got to watch Lars Ulrich air drum to Phil Selway's drumming while also watching the show, which was just too much fun to watch!
    I guess I can only speak for the Chicago shows. I had waste tix and got an email saying to show up between 8-2 or something to get the random number  

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Yes this ga system is fucked. 10c should address it. 

• Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 920
    Some crazy scary stuff happening in the GA lines. I only ever go reserved due to alot of what was mentioned. I say get rid of GA for a while and go back to Arena shows  =)
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,400
    Long live GA 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    Long live GA n
    Fick that and 21 pilots 

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    have any of these "Aussies" responded to this thread? Or maybe they are only 10c members to get GA tickets & bully the GA line?
    I don’t know if they have WiFi under the overpass a tenth of a mile from Fenway right now.
  • Options
    I don’t know if they have WiFi under the overpass a tenth of a mile from Fenway right now.

Ha Ha their coverage network must blow

• Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    edited August 2018
    To be fair to the Aussie bunch, most of the noise was coming from some of them but plenty of them never said a word and were not involved. It's not like they were all best friends just because they were from the same country. I met fine Aussies too!
    Post edited by iwasthere on
    tacos
  • Options
    iwasthere said:
    To be fair to the Aussie bunch, most of the noise was coming from them but plenty of them never said a word and were not involved. It's not like they were all best friends just because they were from the same country. I met fine Aussies too!
    I am just fucking around, all the Aussie's I have ever met have been super cool, especially a beautiful 5'6" blonde sheila, she was super duper cool
  • Options
    MikusxkmMikusxkm Posts: 33
    PJ_Soul said:
    dnlbauer said:
    Keep GA!  Was in GA for Seattle I (first time in GA).  I have been to 20 shows in all types of sections but GA.  Loved the energy, cool people and being so close to the stage.  Arrived at 6p, no problem getting in, was very close (maybe 10 rows back), and was able to easily get all the beer I wanted and use bathroom.  

I now want GA if possible every show!  It was hard to go back to the 100’s section for Seattle II, and field seats for Wrigley I.  Another idea, be like U2 and make the entire field GA - eliminating field seats that just get in the way and are never used.  We had U2 GA last year and there was plenty of space and it was easy to move.
    Yeah, I agree with having the whole floor GA. A 10C pit up front, and then general public GA behind that, separated by a barrier... Doing that increases the number of tix available by several thousand, so it seems like a no-brainer to me. I know some prefer the convenience and comfort of seats, but I don't see why that should trump having thousands of more tickets available to the fans.
    Please don’t forget a few reserved seats on the field for us gimps! I can tell you that Seattle 2 and Chicago 1, we had some incredible energy. All positive too!!!!! A shout out to the Seattle group of 4 younger guys, mid 30’s, next my daughter and I in the back. The 1 guy in a wheelchair could dance his ass off in it. Literally he could make it jump and spin, pretty killer moves. His buddies and my daughter stayed in the very back and danced and sang and had one great time. So pits, GA for some, all, none? I don’t know the right answer. Just leave us a little room so we can rock out with the rest of you awesome fans! To the rude fans...... give yourself a gut check. You have the opportunity to have a fantastic experience, and yet you choose to be rude, dumb and ugly. I doubt I will ever understand. I do kinda feel sorry for you if you consider being pissed off, angry etc...a “fun” time. Not how I want to live my life. Just sayin....
    For my family, we are already looking forward to next year! 
    I live about 4 mikes east of Red Rocks and would die to see PJ play there. Come see us please?! Best venue ever. I would gladly put up a few of those awesome fans I met and will keep in touch with. 
    PJ, you keep the music coming and all you awesome fans, I hope to meet more of you in the future!
This discussion has been closed.