Options

'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows' Merch

Comments

• Options
    we were told we could not put safeco on there, some mlb restriction... in the past I would often leave off the venue if it was some corporate name, I think pretty early on too, after the 2006 ottawa poster at the Corel Center I decided I was not going to include corporate venue names, always felt like that gave them free advertising and did not want to put the word At&T or whatever in the art, so I would just put the city, unless it was an old theater venue or some venue without a corporate sponsor name (still mad I left of the vic theater from that chicago poster)... I think by 2014 though I was told I need to include the venue name regardless... but for the mlb shows there are all kinds of restrictions, referencing similar logo typography, mascots, even referencing parts of certain stadiums we were told to avoid...for example  I had to get approval to use the ivy for the wrigley poster in 2016

Two things (if you don't mind):

1. Yours is the best. It's not even close.

2. What is the print run for your poster? I'm not going to fight the hordes and I'm just hoping the print run is big enough so that there might be a chance to grab one at a 'down moment' at the venue... or buy at a reasonable price through the secondary market.

If you cannot answer #2 for any reason... I understand.

Cheers!
    I have no idea what the print runs are for any show any more.  All i know is how many I get. For the seattle show I get 300 regular and 100 variants

If they feel comfortable selling stuff for 7 days, I would have to assume the print run is relatively high, so you very well could grab one at the venue during a down moment. I dunno... the pics of the line today looked pretty impressive and there was not even a show today... so during the shows, who knows... all I know is they say do a poster for this date and then I try and not hand it in late.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,938
    Keep up the great work @bradklausen! I hope you did some prints for the upcoming Wrigley shows too! 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I quit the merch game last week to save for my new truck 

im coming out of retirement for Brad’s poster.  So good.  
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 638
    Sooooo, do we think the merch lines will be worse the next couple of days because it’s getting closer to the show, or *perhaps* not quite as bad because it’s a weekday/workday? I know Wed. will be insane regardless. We land in SEA at 11:30 and are headed right to the merch booth, imagine we’ll ge there by 12:45 or so (yeah, we’ll be in line with our luggage), but we have dinner plans at 5. These pics and stories make me scared that we’ll get close but then will have to bail before we get a chance to buy :-/
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    we were told we could not put safeco on there, some mlb restriction... in the past I would often leave off the venue if it was some corporate name, I think pretty early on too, after the 2006 ottawa poster at the Corel Center I decided I was not going to include corporate venue names, always felt like that gave them free advertising and did not want to put the word At&T or whatever in the art, so I would just put the city, unless it was an old theater venue or some venue without a corporate sponsor name (still mad I left of the vic theater from that chicago poster)... I think by 2014 though I was told I need to include the venue name regardless... but for the mlb shows there are all kinds of restrictions, referencing similar logo typography, mascots, even referencing parts of certain stadiums we were told to avoid...for example  I had to get approval to use the ivy for the wrigley poster in 2016

Two things (if you don't mind):

1. Yours is the best. It's not even close.

2. What is the print run for your poster? I'm not going to fight the hordes and I'm just hoping the print run is big enough so that there might be a chance to grab one at a 'down moment' at the venue... or buy at a reasonable price through the secondary market.

If you cannot answer #2 for any reason... I understand.

Cheers!
    I have no idea what the print runs are for any show any more.  All i know is how many I get. For the seattle show I get 300 regular and 100 variants

If they feel comfortable selling stuff for 7 days, I would have to assume the print run is relatively high, so you very well could grab one at the venue during a down moment. I dunno... the pics of the line today looked pretty impressive and there was not even a show today... so during the shows, who knows... all I know is they say do a poster for this date and then I try and not hand it in late.
    Thanks for this.

I'll do my best.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    deadendp said:
    someone post some pics once they got a poster... I dont have my copies and am not sure when they will arrive, I know the printers have been swamped for a while working on the US leg, so you gotta figure artist copies are last to be shipped (i bet they do not arrive til next week)... always concerned about how colors print compared to how they look to the sample jpeg...it is seldom a direct match just because computer monitors and paper are obviously different beasts
    It's ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, Brad!!!  Amazing work, as always.  We appreciate you more than you know!

@bradklausen  Awesome greatness there!  :plus_one:
    I love the continuity of the baseball player - as it's the same style from Wrigley 2016.  Nice work.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    The seven days of #MERCHMAS
  • Options
    What time did they stop letting people line up. I know the booth closed at 7 so when was the last person in line allowed
    1996- New York - Downing Stadium
    1998- Tibetan Freedom Concert
    2000- Seattle
    2005 - Vancouver
    2009- Vancouver
    2011-Vancouver
    2013 - Vancouver
    2016 - Ottawa
    2016 - Toronto 1
    2016 - Toronto 2
    2018 - Seattle 1
    2018 - Seattle 2
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    The seven days of #MERCHMAS
    It's crazy. I'm local, was hoping to swing by tomorrow or Tuesday before I head out to work but with it opening at 12 I would only have an hour or so to get in and out. So much for that. I might just wait and see what they still have left on Saturday. I mean, flippers can't really be hoarding shit for 7 straight days can they? I guess I will find out.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 399
    Ames bro doublin down on jackelope. Lol
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    What are the dimensions of the BK?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,483
    I love all the artwork. Ames, emek, williams, and all the others. Always had an affinity for brad's work in particular. Glad he is on the forums. Hey brad, in case you read this, love your work. Multiple posters are framed and hanging in my house. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    BRONDO said:
    Ames bro doublin down on jackelope. Lol
    Funny that you pointed out that particular poster! I was at that show last night and was pretty bummed when I saw it. The shiny silver background was kind of neat, but the poster itself left a lot to be desired (in my opinion).
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    edited August 2018
    PJ-Cubs said:
    Mikemzl91 said:
    Thank you sticker flipper. 
    That seller had a lot of bootleg stickers for sale.  I wasn’t sure if they were selling real Seattle stickers or fake ones.
    I hear that, I questioned some listings too. It's being shipped from Seattle. I'll let you know. 
  • Options
    frisbiecfrisbiec Seattle, WA Posts: 112
    ComeToTX said:
    What are the dimensions of the BK?
    12 x 32
    Remove yourself from comfort . . . all progress involves risk
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    jdopj said:
    I’ve been around this band for awhile and have traveled to see them since ‘94. I pick cities I want to go to, enjoy my time there and go see my favorite band. Didn’t line up in ‘03 when there were “blocks”, don’t line up for GA, and sure as fuck won’t line up for merch. I go for the music.
    The most disheartening thing about this band right now is the fans. All the craziness with merch, the rail, etc...
    It really has become quite the circus, hasn't it?  :|
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    DC29940 said:
    Sooooo, do we think the merch lines will be worse the next couple of days because it’s getting closer to the show, or *perhaps* not quite as bad because it’s a weekday/workday? I know Wed. will be insane regardless. We land in SEA at 11:30 and are headed right to the merch booth, imagine we’ll ge there by 12:45 or so (yeah, we’ll be in line with our luggage), but we have dinner plans at 5. These pics and stories make me scared that we’ll get close but then will have to bail before we get a chance to buy :-/
    Some are saying you want to be in line at Safeco by 5pm just to get into stadium.  Can folks chime in if that’s truly the case due to extemely slow security lines at the ballpark?
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    Just read Emek's FB post about his poster.  It's pretty amazing to see how many people were kissing his ass in the comment section.  I mean he has some amazing work, but this one? Com'on, not only is it so-so, the art is also kind of stolen. Then as I scrolled down and read more names, it all made sense. Guess you gotta suck-up to score on every Emek drop.
  • Options
    Deadman said:
    DC29940 said:
    Some are saying you want to be in line at Safeco by 5pm just to get into stadium.  Can folks chime in if that’s truly the case due to extemely slow security lines at the ballpark?
    2 hours early for non GA? Absolutely not. Thats insanity. Its not that bad unless you go right at 7:00. 
  • Options
    Deadman said:
    DC29940 said:
    Last season there were some shockingly long waits just to get into a random Mariners game. This year they seem to have figured out that they actually need to have more entrances open?! I'm hoping that they are prepared for a full house and handle the entrances accordingly. I haven't experienced any long delays getting into the park this season. 5 seems pretty early to me.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    sherm said:
    Deadman said:
    DC29940 said:
    Last season there were some shockingly long waits just to get into a random Mariners game. This year they seem to have figured out that they actually need to have more entrances open?! I'm hoping that they are prepared for a full house and handle the entrances accordingly. I haven't experienced any long delays getting into the park this season. 5 seems pretty early to me.
    Cool.  That seemed pretty early.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Deadman said:
    sherm said:
    Deadman said:
    DC29940 said:
    Cool.  That seemed pretty early.
    Post edited by sherm on
  • Options
    TM307021TM307021 Raleigh, NC Posts: 42
    I assume they have endless poster tubes for sale at the tent?

Raleigh - 2003

MSG NYC 1&2 - 2016

Fenway 2 - 2016

Seattle 2 - 2018

Missoula - 2018

• Options
    comatose_253comatose_253 Posts: 270
    edited August 2018
    PJ-Cubs said:
    Mikemzl91 said:
    Thank you sticker flipper. 
    That seller had a lot of bootleg stickers for sale.  I wasn’t sure if they were selling real Seattle stickers or fake ones.
    Yep, once I entered the merch tent it was very nice with about 10 or more individual lines, I ended up in a line where three people (they all knew each other, perhaps traveling together) from Brazil each bought over $1,500.  Each one of the three bought over $1,500, it looked like they bought the limit of each item available.  I asked the young lady who helped me how much each order was and she said $1,500.  One of the three had previously been in another line and completed a large order and joined the other two in my line, we didn't expect him to do another purchase.  The bummer for me as each order took about 40 minutes to assemble, add up, and check out.  Two other folks ahead of me and several behind me must have waited over two hours for those three people to finish.  I got in line at 10:50 and left the merch tent at 3:30.  I'm not even exaggerating.  Link to some video I took:
    [Link removed by Admin]

Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    comatose_253comatose_253 Posts: 270
    edited August 2018
    demetrios said:

Yep, I had three people in front of me who each had $1,500 orders:

They should put a limit on the dollar amount or amount of items per person.  She bought a least 50 items and had three others in her group buying with her:

Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    demetrios said:

Yep, I had three people in front of me who each had $1,500 orders:

They should put a limit on the dollar amount or amount of items per person.  She bought a least 50 items and had three others in her group buying with her:

What a joke. Hopefully they made tons of this shit.
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    LandojamLandojam Posts: 163
    Got there at 5pm today just after the Mariners game ended. Waited 5 minutes outside and about 30 minutes for my turn. 
    07/22/92 -Bremerton, WA (Lollapalooza) 09/05/93 - George, WA
    12/08/93 - Seattle Center Arena: Seattle, WA 09/16/96 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA
    07/21/98 07/22/98- Memorial Stadium: Seattle, WA 11/05/00 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA
    10/22/01 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA (Groundwork 2001 Benefit)
    12/09/02 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA 03/18/05 – Paramount Theater, Seattle, WA
    07/22/06 –George, WA,
    09/21/09 09/22/09 - Key Arena, Seattle, WA
    09/03/11 09/04/11 Alpine Valley
    12/6/2013 Key Arena, Seattle, WA
  • Options
    dutz054dutz054 Dallas Posts: 68
    I got in the “pre” line up line at 8:34am. We moved across the street at 9, lined up in the corral a little later on. The shop didn’t open up until about 12:25.  That extra half hour after the 3.5 hour wait was aggravating but overall it was ran very well.  My girlfriend and I were 39 and 40 in line (I counted as we walked through the corral).  We got inside and were 3-4 in the mini line.  A couple was first and then another guy. I made the mistake of asking the guy if he was going to be more organized than the couple, turns out they were together. Dick move on my part, oops.  It wasn’t their fault, the girl working was clueless when calling out posters. I requested 2 dogs, 2 Black and whites, and 1 top right, she was beyond confused.  The mini line next to me started out rough. Most likely a flipper was up first. He bought 2 of each poster, a half dozen of each hat, multiples of every shirt and maxed out on the small items.  He checked out and then found out they weren’t providing bags, so he had a second transaction for 4 totes.   We checked out and the tables at the end of the tent were nice for packaging the posters and were out the door shortly after 1pm. Overall the event was ran well, the people were great, and all the posters are good. The pictures don’t do the Klausen justice.  My favorite is the Faile but I thought the colors could have popped a bit more. 
    Good luck to those lining up over the next few days. 

Side note: the person next to me in line got turned away for a Faile poster because they were out at the time. The lines inside hadn’t been opened 15 minutes. They were all being restocked as they went, but he didn’t get a Faile because it was out at the time. 
  • Options
    dutz054 said:
    I got in the “pre” line up line at 8:34am. We moved across the street at 9, lined up in the corral a little later on. The shop didn’t open up until about 12:25.  That extra half hour after the 3.5 hour wait was aggravating but overall it was ran very well.  My girlfriend and I were 39 and 40 in line (I counted as we walked through the corral).  We got inside and were 3-4 in the mini line.  A couple was first and then another guy. I made the mistake of asking the guy if he was going to be more organized than the couple, turns out they were together. Dick move on my part, oops.  It wasn’t their fault, the girl working was clueless when calling out posters. I requested 2 dogs, 2 Black and whites, and 1 top right, she was beyond confused.  The mini line next to me started out rough. Most likely a flipper was up first. He bought 2 of each poster, a half dozen of each hat, multiples of every shirt and maxed out on the small items.  He checked out and then found out they weren’t providing bags, so he had a second transaction for 4 totes.   We checked out and the tables at the end of the tent were nice for packaging the posters and were out the door shortly after 1pm. Overall the event was ran well, the people were great, and all the posters are good. The pictures don’t do the Klausen justice.  My favorite is the Faile but I thought the colors could have popped a bit more. 
    Good luck to those lining up over the next few days. 

Side note: the person next to me in line got turned away for a Faile poster because they were out at the time. The lines inside hadn’t been opened 15 minutes. They were all being restocked as they went, but he didn’t get a Faile because it was out at the time. 
    I agree, "overall the event was ran well, the people were great"!!  It was just obscene people could spend 30 or 40 minutes building huge orders of 40 or 50 items. 
  • Options
    I got in line at 3:45 PM, I checked out and was walking out the exit exactly one hour later.  Only thing not available was the Bigfoot poster, so will try on gameday Wednesday. 
This discussion has been closed.