Options

'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows' Merch

Comments

• Options
    Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    Banjo said:
    Is it just me or does anyone else find it strange that not a single poster named the venue?
    I noticed that too. Thought maybe they didn't want to include the corporate sponsor's name on the posters.
    Probably this.....have they named corporate locations on previous posters?
  • Options
    Running In The DarkRunning In The Dark Denver Posts: 674
    Redrumh2o said:
    Banjo said:
    Is it just me or does anyone else find it strange that not a single poster named the venue?
    I noticed that too. Thought maybe they didn't want to include the corporate sponsor's name on the posters.
    Very rarely do they not list the venue. Corporate or otherwise. 
    107 Shows and counting
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Redrumh2o said:
    Banjo said:
    Almost every arena/stadium is named after a corporation. 
  • Options
    Does anyone know if there is anything on the back of the E Flo shirt?
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,367
    Nothing on the back. Something on the inside.
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,678
    edited August 2018
    Lines are 4.5 hours  long and everything has sold out except wristbands and baby onsies
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Lines are 4.5 hours  long and everything has sold out except wristbands and baby onsies
    Fortunately, wristbands can also be baby headbands
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    Yeezus!
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,678
    I was joking, I’m in Denver and drunk
  • Options
    Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    pjl44 said:
    Onsies can be adult headbands
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    Redrumh2o said:
    Banjo said:
    Almost every arena/stadium is named after a corporation. 
    Not the KFC Yum! Center. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,506
    as opposed to in Denver and sober?
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,437
    That’s weird.  Because I’m drunk but I’m in New Jersey. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Redrumh2o said:
    pjl44 said:
    Onsies can be adult headbands
    Officially still something for everyone 
  • Options
    we were told we could not put safeco on there, some mlb restriction... in the past I would often leave off the venue if it was some corporate name, I think pretty early on too, after the 2006 ottawa poster at the Corel Center I decided I was not going to include corporate venue names, always felt like that gave them free advertising and did not want to put the word At&T or whatever in the art, so I would just put the city, unless it was an old theater venue or some venue without a corporate sponsor name (still mad I left of the vic theater from that chicago poster)... I think by 2014 though I was told I need to include the venue name regardless... but for the mlb shows there are all kinds of restrictions, referencing similar logo typography, mascots, even referencing parts of certain stadiums we were told to avoid...for example  I had to get approval to use the ivy for the wrigley poster in 2016
  • Options
    adusick said:
    Nothing on the back. Something on the inside.
    Cheers, thanks for the info!

I think I'm actually going to order the Space Needle shirt, in my opinion I think it's the nicest of the show specific shirts, all proceeds go to charity and I don't have to wait in line to get it : )

• Options
    we were told we could not put safeco on there, some mlb restriction... in the past I would often leave off the venue if it was some corporate name, I think pretty early on too, after the 2006 ottawa poster at the Corel Center I decided I was not going to include corporate venue names, always felt like that gave them free advertising and did not want to put the word At&T or whatever in the art, so I would just put the city, unless it was an old theater venue or some venue without a corporate sponsor name (still mad I left of the vic theater from that chicago poster)... I think by 2014 though I was told I need to include the venue name regardless... but for the mlb shows there are all kinds of restrictions, referencing similar logo typography, mascots, even referencing parts of certain stadiums we were told to avoid...for example  I had to get approval to use the ivy for the wrigley poster in 2016
    I found this super interesting, thanks for the insight and peek behind the curtain!
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    Appreciate the information Brad.  Great job on the Seattle 2018 poster.
    I found this super interesting, thanks for the insight and peek behind the curtain!
    Very interesting indeed
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    edited August 2018
    I wonder if Ames had to get permission from Hanna-Barbera to use Jabberjaw in the background of their poster?

Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    everything’s on ebay now. shame. hopefully they sell it on the online store soon. 
    EV - Hammersmith Apollo, 06 Jun 17
    EV - Hammersmith Apollo, 07 Jun 17
    PJ - O2 Arena, London, 18 Jun 18
    PJ - O2 Arena, London, 19 Jun 18
    PJ - O2 Arena, London, 17 Jul 18
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    This is some really interesting info. Thanks for sharing this, Brad. Fantastic job on the Seattle poster!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    approval for the use of the ivy... wow....

poster looks cool!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,461
    Thanks for the explanation Brad. Great job on your poster. Best one of the bunch. I love the ticket stub theme. It is unique. 
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    on2legs said:
    I wonder if Ames had to get permission from Hanna-Barbera to use Jabberjaw in the background of their poster?

First thing that came in mind when I saw it!
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    everything’s on ebay now. shame. hopefully they sell it on the online store soon. 
    I saw multiple people buying over 2K worth of merch slowing down the lines so much and then they were listing it on eBay while they were still in the merch tent. People were getting pretty upset with them. 
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    on2legs said:

Highly underrated Saturday morning cartoon right there.

• Options
    We get in about 5 on Tuesday. Is it worth it to go straight from the airport to the merch line? Will we even be able to get in line at that point or will there be anything left for the day or just wait until later? We're there for the rest of the week and both shows.
  • Options
    snow_board_ridersnow_board_rider Posts: 943
    edited August 2018

Great poster Brad
    Post edited by snow_board_rider on
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    on2legs said:
    JP218404 said:
    on2legs said:

Highly underrated Saturday morning cartoon right there.
    Agree but messed him up on the laff Olympics and yogis space race 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
This discussion has been closed.