Options

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers Live Anthology 7 LP

Comments

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,231
    PJ_Soul said:
    Horse2345 said:
    The ones now available are identical. Literally.
    If theyre represses theyre value is not identical. The original press was 2500, those will always be worth more.
    Good grief.....THERE IS NO DISCERNIBLE DIFFERENCE. The deadwax info/barcode, everything is literally identical. There is no way to distinguish the ones that just went up for sale from the ones that were sold in 2009. If I gave you 2 copies you’d have to literally guess the one sold in 2009.
    Yeah, if that's true, then the original 2500 couldn't be worth more. What are buyers going to do? Just take the seller's word for it? That will only work for the most foolish buyers out there.
    I’ve seen both side by side. Same item.
    Then theyre not represses.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    acpaxton01acpaxton01 Oklahoma Posts: 172
    These are a repress. The only difference is the original was 180 gram and these are 140 gram.

October 17, 2000 Dallas, TX
    April 3, 2003 Oklahoma City, OK
    September 22, 2012 Atlanta, GA
    November 15, 2013 Dallas, TX
    November 16, 2013 Oklahoma City, OK
    October 8, 2014 Tulsa, OK
    May 1, 2016 New York, NY
    May 2, 2016 New York, NY
    August 13, 2018 Missoula, MT
  • Options
    Everywhere has them listed as 180 gram?
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    I'm really not sure. I was just sharing information posted by Billy Fields from Warner Music Group. It seems like he would know. 
    May 1, 2016 New York, NY
    May 2, 2016 New York, NY
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Horse2345 said:
    If theyre represses theyre value is not identical. The original press was 2500, those will always be worth more.
    Good grief.....THERE IS NO DISCERNIBLE DIFFERENCE. The deadwax info/barcode, everything is literally identical. There is no way to distinguish the ones that just went up for sale from the ones that were sold in 2009. If I gave you 2 copies you’d have to literally guess the one sold in 2009.
    Yeah, if that's true, then the original 2500 couldn't be worth more. What are buyers going to do? Just take the seller's word for it? That will only work for the most foolish buyers out there.
    Apparently not.
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    I'm really not sure. I was just sharing information posted by Billy Fields from Warner Music Group. It seems like he would know. 
    Yea seems weird. Looks like a bunch of places just copied and pasted without knowing the facts. Kind of a piss off ordering one thing and getting something else.  
     Soundstage seems pretty shady though if they dont have the original presses. 
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    Horse2345 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Apparently not.
    Buy a sealed copy. Know it all.
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    All new hype stickers say “180 grams”
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Apparently not.
    So Warner is just making stuff up? 
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Apparently not.
    So Warner is just making stuff up? 
    You’re lecturing me on spotting the difference. You CANNOT distinguish them. 
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Yea seems weird. Looks like a bunch of places just copied and pasted without knowing the facts. Kind of a piss off ordering one thing and getting something else.  
    He didn't mention soundstage directly, but he did say on twitter that one website marketing it as a warehouse find was what compelled him to post. I haven't bought from Soundstage since they should their allotment of Radiohead - Burn the Witch 7"s at a huge markup on discogs rather than selling them for list price on their site. This is just another reason for me to steer clear of them.
    May 1, 2016 New York, NY
    May 2, 2016 New York, NY
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    He said on twitter that the hype stickers are incorrect and they've fixed it on any going out from now on.
    May 1, 2016 New York, NY
    May 2, 2016 New York, NY
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    He said on twitter that the hype stickers are incorrect and they've fixed it on any going out from now on.
    That’s all well and good (if what he says is accurate), but the damage is done and now any sealed copies will be indistinguishable on the secondary market.
  • Options
    Weigh them.
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    He didn't mention soundstage directly, but he did say on twitter that one website marketing it as a warehouse find was what compelled him to post. I haven't bought from Soundstage since they should their allotment of Radiohead - Burn the Witch 7"s at a huge markup on discogs rather than selling them for list price on their site. This is just another reason for me to steer clear of them.
    Yea thats a bullshit move by soundstage. I messaged them specifically asking them and there response was that Warner solicited them stating they were original presses found in the warehouse.
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    Weigh them.
    Just weighed the set I just received and they are all 160 grams or more.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Still haven’t pulled the trigger to buy this. We’re on such a budget crunch, but I think I may sell a few LP’s to make this happen. Keep your eyes peeled on Lost Dogs in the next few days!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited July 2018
    Where did people see that this was initially limited to only 2500? It’s not numbered, I remember them being advertised as limited... but that’s it. I always make the joke “limited to how many they can sell”.

These seem to be NOS or a perfect representation of NOS, investors need to buy stock, not records.. lol.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Still excited I ordered it! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Still excited I ordered it! 
    No doubt, a great set to own.
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Mine should arrive today, can't wait!!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    If it is a repress, I'll have wished I'd waited a bit for a better price and/or availability in Canada.   I'm still pretty stoked to get one as I missed it the first time around.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    I'm still just waiting for Wildflowers to be reissued.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    Where did people see that this was initially limited to only 2500? It’s not numbered, I remember them being advertised as limited... but that’s it. I always make the joke “limited to how many they can sell”.

These seem to be NOS or a perfect representation of NOS, investors need to buy stock, not records.. lol.
    Mojo magazine is one place I've read it to be limited to 2500 copies. Tom Petty tribute edition that goes over all his albums and breaks down some of the rarities. I know I've heard that # elsewhere but can't remember.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

Mojo magazine is one place I've read it to be limited to 2500 copies. Tom Petty tribute edition that goes over all his albums and breaks down some of the rarities. I know I've heard that # elsewhere but can't remember.
    I’ve heard it a lot lately, but I never saw it advertised as that in the initial offerings.
  • Options
    Ya not sure. Vinyl wasn't as hot as it is today when this release came out so maybe the release # wasn't advertised at the time. 
    Not sure, just thinking.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    Ya not sure. Vinyl wasn't as hot as it is today when this release came out so maybe the release # wasn't advertised at the time. 
    Not sure, just thinking.
    2500 copies believe it or not is a huge pressing.  Vinyl has a resurgence but not anywhere in the millions of copies, nor will it.

So @mookieblalock tell me/us more about the side by side comparison please!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Volume 2 Boxset is back in stock
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    MedozK said:
    Volume 2 Boxset is back in stock
    Must resist- only really want wallflowers....must resist 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640