Options

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers Live Anthology 7 LP

Comments

• Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,179
    Matrix info will tell the story
    Matrix info is identical, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not a repress.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,082

having said that, amazons Product details state ...

"2009 seven 180gm vinyl LP box set containing live recordings drawn from 30 years of live performances".

Issue date: Nov 23 2009

Nobody knows for sure as it sounds like all the distributors were given different information from WB. The fact that it appears so readily Avilable leads me to believe it is indeed a repress. I honestly don’t care, as all the runout info is identical and impossible to discern from the original pressing. My guess is since this was advertised as limited back in 2009, they don’t want to open themselves up for false advertising. Between Amazon, Music Direct, Soundstage Direct, Bullmoose, Elusive Disc, Rarewaves, etc. all selling these, I find it difficult to believe it’s just a warehouse find.

As far as what Amazon lists under product description, I’ve seen at least 2 other sites completely contradict that. Who cares though? This is a great set and I’m happy to finally own it at a reasonable price.
    It could be that they have only so many but offered them up to the distributors?

I don't care either way.  Happy to get this!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited June 2018
    While I agree that this is an awesome set (one of my favorites actually; it even has a show in it that I attended), I think everyone should know that the source for the recordings is digital. So, yeah....
    The CD set sounds amazing too guys. Found it last yr for $15

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    While I agree that this is an awesome set (one of my favorites actually; it even has a show in it that I attended), I think everyone should know that the source for the recordings is digital. So, yeah....

I don’t care what the source is, it sounds freaking amazing!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:

Absolutely agree! But for folks who don't want to spend $100+ on 7 LPs that aren't truly analog, the 4-CD set is just as (if not more) stellar, much less expensive, and a tad more convenient.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    edited June 2018
    Where does it say it was a limited run and specify how many copies were pressed?

Either way, this is a great find and glad I'm not blowing hundreds of dollars for one. I think I saw the CD set going for $400 somewhere.
    Post edited by manitouman on
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,645
    Someone paid $800 for this last month on ebay.  Ouch
  • Options
    Someone paid $800 for this last month on ebay.  Ouch
    Anyone who paid $800 deserved to be ripped off anyway. These were listed for $800 everywhere for about a year, but people rarely bit on that gouge. 
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,889
    Absolutely had to jump on this... Looking forward to it...
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,484
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

Absolutely agree! But for folks who don't want to spend $100+ on 7 LPs that aren't truly analog, the 4-CD set is just as (if not more) stellar, much less expensive, and a tad more convenient.
    There's also a 96khz/24bit version.

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    I keep going back to this thread...
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    LukinFan said:
    Same here. Can’t shell out the $ for this right now, unfortunately 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    mfc2006 said:
    LukinFan said:
    Same here. Can’t shell out the $ for this right now, unfortunately 
    Same here
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Gotta say, this set is extremely well done. From the packaging, to the song selection, to the amazing sound. Instantly vaults towards the one of the best in my collection.
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Got shipping confirmation today. Can't wait to rip this sucker open and see what's inside. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,292
    edited July 2018
    I gave up on finding this on vinyl, and bought the deluxe cd set, that had the cd's, a single live vinyl, bluray, and a dvd (I think it's of the making of wildflowers).

Now I really want this.. glad I saw this.  Anyone figure out the cheapest way to get one to Canada?

edit:  Did some google searching and someone in the steve hoffman forum posted that collectors choice music has it for about $130 plus a 20% off code ( JUNE20).   Ends up being just under $100 before shipping.  Shipping to Canada was 30.95.  Seemed decent.  Put in an order.  It's tough because I just change jobs and have a temporary dip in pay, but I've wanted this for so long :)
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,292
    ya'll are smoking the wrong kind of wildflowers...
    i do wish jakob would get back out on tour again soon...
    I meant wildflowers lol
    I think Wildflowers is in the last Tom Petty album box set that came out, but for some reason when they release those records standalone, they didn't give it a standalone release.  Probably because of the rumours of them releasing the other half of the album (news broke a few years ago that it was intended to be a double album, so there's a whole other album of material they want to release).

• Options
    Your correct. Wildflowers was only in the box set while all others got released individually. It will get it's own special reissue. Hopefully soon.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Zod said:
    I gave up on finding this on vinyl, and bought the deluxe cd set, that had the cd's, a single live vinyl, bluray, and a dvd (I think it's of the making of wildflowers).

Now I really want this.. glad I saw this.  Anyone figure out the cheapest way to get one to Canada?

edit:  Did some google searching and someone in the steve hoffman forum posted that collectors choice music has it for about $130 plus a 20% off code ( JUNE20).   Ends up being just under $100 before shipping.  Shipping to Canada was 30.95.  Seemed decent.  Put in an order.  It's tough because I just change jobs and have a temporary dip in pay, but I've wanted this for so long :)
    Damnit...that's a great deal. I have on in my cart at $113 right now (shipping included). UGH.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Pull the trigger man
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    Saw this on vinyl collective the other day, picked it up for 113 shipped, not a bad deal at all.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,242
    I wonder if any of these will be original presses? Soundstage swears theres are.  I'll be demanding a full refund if mines not and getting it cheaper somewhere else. 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    I wonder if any of these will be original presses? Soundstage swears theres are.  I'll be demanding a full refund if mines not and getting it cheaper somewhere else. 
    They’re all the same. No discernible difference.
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    Original presses are always worth more though. Now that theyre available from cheaper sources ill be cancelling to get them cheaper.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Original presses are always worth more though. Now that theyre available from cheaper sources ill be cancelling to get them cheaper.
    I don’t think you understand.
  • Options
    The ones now available are identical. Literally.
  • Options
    If theyre represses theyre value is not identical. The original press was 2500, those will always be worth more.
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    If theyre represses theyre value is not identical. The original press was 2500, those will always be worth more.
    Good grief.....THERE IS NO DISCERNIBLE DIFFERENCE. The deadwax info/barcode, everything is literally identical. There is no way to distinguish the ones that just went up for sale from the ones that were sold in 2009. If I gave you 2 copies you’d have to literally guess the one sold in 2009.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,641
    Horse2345 said:
    Good grief.....THERE IS NO DISCERNIBLE DIFFERENCE. The deadwax info/barcode, everything is literally identical. There is no way to distinguish the ones that just went up for sale from the ones that were sold in 2009. If I gave you 2 copies you’d have to literally guess the one sold in 2009.
    Yeah, if that's true, then the original 2500 couldn't be worth more. What are buyers going to do? Just take the seller's word for it? That will only work for the most foolish buyers out there.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Yeah, if that's true, then the original 2500 couldn't be worth more. What are buyers going to do? Just take the seller's word for it? That will only work for the most foolish buyers out there.
    I’ve seen both side by side. Same item.