Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Wildlife Around Your Home (post pics if you've got 'em!)

1171819202123»

Comments

  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 759
    I live in a rural area. Lots of deer, turkeys, coyotes, possums, racoons, you name it. I almost hit a skunk about a week ago leaving town. 
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,418
    Just up the road from me. I thought they were horses but the wife says they are ponies.

  • FifthelementFifthelement LotuslandPosts: 6,675
    eddiec said:
    Just up the road from me. I thought they were horses but the wife says they are ponies.

    Gorgeous!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • tishtish taking the looooooong way,...Posts: 3,417
    edited March 21
    I love the snowy owl! Here's an osprey who didn't quite catch the fish today. 


  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 2,665
    ^^Nice. Love ospreys too. Strange to think how birds can be so specialized and different. Nature will always amaze me.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 20,854

    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 33,989
    edited May 3
    This is an interesting photo because what you see is a frog on the outside of the kitchen window and it is quite dark outside, but the kitchen light is on creating all kind of reflection.  I always love it when these little guys come around!

    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 20,854
    brianlux said:
    This is an interesting photo because what you see is a frog on the outside of the kitchen window and it is quite dark outside, but the kitchen light is on creating all kind of reflection.  I always love it when these little guys come around!

    no photo?

    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 33,989
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    This is an interesting photo because what you see is a frog on the outside of the kitchen window and it is quite dark outside, but the kitchen light is on creating all kind of reflection.  I always love it when these little guys come around!

    no photo?


    Shows on my computer but I'll try again.  Let me know if it doesn't show.

    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • FifthelementFifthelement LotuslandPosts: 6,675
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    This is an interesting photo because what you see is a frog on the outside of the kitchen window and it is quite dark outside, but the kitchen light is on creating all kind of reflection.  I always love it when these little guys come around!

    no photo?


    Shows on my computer but I'll try again.  Let me know if it doesn't show.

    Still nothing 😕
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 33,989
    edited May 4
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    This is an interesting photo because what you see is a frog on the outside of the kitchen window and it is quite dark outside, but the kitchen light is on creating all kind of reflection.  I always love it when these little guys come around!

    no photo?


    Shows on my computer but I'll try again.  Let me know if it doesn't show.

    Still nothing 😕

    How very strange!  I'll try it via Postimage which, unfortunately, always distorts the image....

    Ribbit, ribbit?

    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 2,665
    Nice Brian. Thx for posting. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 33,989
    Loujoe said:
    Nice Brian. Thx for posting. 

    I'm glad the image finally works!  I'm not sure what to do about posting photos.  I used to use Postimage but now for some reason it makes the image squashed.  If I copy and past an image from "Pictures" on my laptop, I can see them here but apparently others cannot.  Computer are so very useful but also sometimes so very vexing! 
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 17,571
    edited May 4
    brianlux said:
    Loujoe said:
    Nice Brian. Thx for posting. 

    I'm glad the image finally works!  I'm not sure what to do about posting photos.  I used to use Postimage but now for some reason it makes the image squashed.  If I copy and past an image from "Pictures" on my laptop, I can see them here but apparently others cannot.  Computer are so very useful but also sometimes so very vexing! 
    Brian,

    Instead of copying and pasting, use the "Insert an image" tab (see below), then choose the picture file (.jpg, .png, .gif) from your laptop, et voila.




    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 33,989
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    Loujoe said:
    Nice Brian. Thx for posting. 

    I'm glad the image finally works!  I'm not sure what to do about posting photos.  I used to use Postimage but now for some reason it makes the image squashed.  If I copy and past an image from "Pictures" on my laptop, I can see them here but apparently others cannot.  Computer are so very useful but also sometimes so very vexing! 
    Brian,

    Instead of copying and pasting, use the "Insert an image" tab (see below), then choose the picture file (.jpg, .png, .gif) from your laptop, et voila.





    OK!  Lets give it a try...

    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 33,989
    Hmmm... took a long to tom load and I see no frog. 
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 33,989
    Try again.  Can you see frog?
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 17,571
    brianlux said:
    Hmmm... took a long to tom load and I see no frog. 
    Bastiges! I wonder if your laptop saves images in an incompatible format.

    I'm going to try again just to see if my instructions sucked.

    So I'm using the tab, and finding the image on my laptop.



    It is a .jpg, so it should be good. After I select open, the image should load (and possibly take forever as well).



    I will note that I have had trouble uploading .png files recently, even though they were compatible with the site at one time. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 33,989
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    Hmmm... took a long to tom load and I see no frog. 
    Bastiges! I wonder if your laptop saves images in an incompatible format.

    I'm going to try again just to see if my instructions sucked.

    So I'm using the tab, and finding the image on my laptop.



    It is a .jpg, so it should be good. After I select open, the image should load (and possibly take forever as well).



    I will note that I have had trouble uploading .png files recently, even though they were compatible with the site at one time. 

    Well shiver me timbers and blow them bagpipes.  I'm stumped!
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 17,571
    brianlux said:
    Try again.  Can you see frog?
    THERE'S A FROG!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 33,989
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    Try again.  Can you see frog?
    THERE'S A FROG!!!

    Alright!  Cool, glad it worked!  :smile:
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 2,665
    Diiiiig this....toads are frogs, but frogs are not toads...
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 2,665
    I saw some ants enslaving other live ants to their mound the other day out by my firepit.  Creepy and there was nothing I could do but watch.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 2,665
    Also spotted some firefly larvae the other night walking to my car in the dark after fly fishing. I thought they were something else but just looked it up. If you look around they are constantly glowing. Had to be dark.and I guess close to water. Really wild stuff. We think we're so great.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 2,665

  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 33,989
    Loujoe said:
    I saw some ants enslaving other live ants to their mound the other day out by my firepit.  Creepy and there was nothing I could do but watch.
    Ants are a trip.  I read in an Edward O. Wilson book that the total biomass of all social insects in the world- bees, wasps, ants, and termites  weighs more than the total mass of all other animals combined.  Something to think about there!
    Loujoe said:
    Also spotted some firefly larvae the other night walking to my car in the dark after fly fishing. I thought they were something else but just looked it up. If you look around they are constantly glowing. Had to be dark.and I guess close to water. Really wild stuff. We think we're so great.

    One of my favorite things about visiting family back east- fireflies!  


    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 33,989
    eddiec said:
    Just up the road from me. I thought they were horses but the wife says they are ponies.


    Beauties!
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










Sign In or Register to comment.