Europe Tour Routing/Transportation

145791013

Comments

  • PJNBPJNB New BrunswickPosts: 5,038
    There's a train that stops at Warsaw then to Berlin, so I'm doing that during the day on the 4th. Apparently the direct line from Krakow to Berlin is getting maintenance for a couple of years?

    I'm staying in a hotel quite near the zoo, I think.
    I am by the Zoo as well. Hotel Pension Bernstein I think it is called. Are you anywheres near that? 
    PJ
    2013 Worcester 1 & 2
    2016 Quebec, Toronto 2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 2
    2018 Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Seattle 2, Wrigley 2, Fenway 1&2 

    EV
    2017 Firenze, Taormina 1 & 2
  • PJNBPJNB New BrunswickPosts: 5,038
    The Rock said:
    Sorry for all the questions.  The overnight bus arrives at the Central Bus Station (ZOB). Is the S-Bahn line nearby?
    I am from Canada and have never been to Berlin so maybe I am the last person you should listen too but this is what I do. Just type the hotel you are looking at into Google maps and click directions. Add the venue in your search. There is an option to choose car/walk/transit. Choose transit and it should give you a bunch of options. Make sure you note how far the walk to the transit is as well. 
    PJ
    2013 Worcester 1 & 2
    2016 Quebec, Toronto 2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 2
    2018 Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Seattle 2, Wrigley 2, Fenway 1&2 

    EV
    2017 Firenze, Taormina 1 & 2
  • SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 263
    PJNB said:
    There's a train that stops at Warsaw then to Berlin, so I'm doing that during the day on the 4th. Apparently the direct line from Krakow to Berlin is getting maintenance for a couple of years?

    I'm staying in a hotel quite near the zoo, I think.
    I am by the Zoo as well. Hotel Pension Bernstein I think it is called. Are you anywheres near that? 
    I'm relatively near you, I'm at the Energie Hotel.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I + II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I + II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, London II, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I + II
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,033
    PJNB said:
    The Rock said:
    Sorry for all the questions.  The overnight bus arrives at the Central Bus Station (ZOB). Is the S-Bahn line nearby?
    I am from Canada and have never been to Berlin so maybe I am the last person you should listen too but this is what I do. Just type the hotel you are looking at into Google maps and click directions. Add the venue in your search. There is an option to choose car/walk/transit. Choose transit and it should give you a bunch of options. Make sure you note how far the walk to the transit is as well. 
    Thanks, I didn't even realise it gave me more detailed info!  Found a good place now so I'm happy!
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
  • PJNBPJNB New BrunswickPosts: 5,038
    The Rock said:
    PJNB said:
    The Rock said:
    Sorry for all the questions.  The overnight bus arrives at the Central Bus Station (ZOB). Is the S-Bahn line nearby?
    I am from Canada and have never been to Berlin so maybe I am the last person you should listen too but this is what I do. Just type the hotel you are looking at into Google maps and click directions. Add the venue in your search. There is an option to choose car/walk/transit. Choose transit and it should give you a bunch of options. Make sure you note how far the walk to the transit is as well. 
    Thanks, I didn't even realise it gave me more detailed info!  Found a good place now so I'm happy!
    No problem. I have not used this yet but I have heard from the locals that there is a BVG app that works great in Berlin. You just put the two streets that you want to go in it and it maps it out for you. 
    PJ
    2013 Worcester 1 & 2
    2016 Quebec, Toronto 2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 2
    2018 Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Seattle 2, Wrigley 2, Fenway 1&2 

    EV
    2017 Firenze, Taormina 1 & 2
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 12,892
    The Rock said:
    The Rock said:
    Is Wahldbuhne fairly accessible by train/tram/bus or whatever?
    Looks to be, it's right next to the Olympic Stadium.
    Thanks!  I'm just going in circles looking at a million different hotels.  I really have no idea where to stay :s
    We're staying in Mitte. Easy to see the sights and get to the venue.
    We're staying at Mitte too..near to Pergamon museum..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
  • IZIIZI KrakówPosts: 69
    deftones said:
    Red Lukin said:
    Yeah same here. Plane too much of a hassle.  I may even consider the overnight train. I gain a day as the day train will eat up most of the day.

    Any locals wanna look into private transportation?  I'd be willing to pay a premium especially if they are willing to stop in auschwitz on the way.
    I can't see any overnight train. The only overnight option right now is the bus. This would work for me if train fails.
    Definately a direct overnight train on Monday. Here it is 

    collapsePraha hl.n.Kraków Główny08.05.18
    09.05.18

    depDEPARTURE22:19  

    arrARRIVAL06:38

    8:190EN   443

    PRAHA HL.N. - KRAKÓW GŁÓWNY DEPARTURE 22:19

    Connection details 

    CATEGORY: EuroNight
    OPERATOR: PKP Intercity
    DISTANCE: - km
    runs not every day: 26. Apr until 9. Jun 2018

    Look at the last sentence....It's polish train (I'm think) and this information from polish railway timetable....
    I'm not sure that this night train will be
    As I told you polish railway timetable will change at 09/10.06 and maybe the train will be ...but if you try to check in official polish railway timetable there isn't this train after 09.06.2018.
     It's possible to find others trains after this date (with information that timetable will change after 09.06) but this train it isn't in timetable after 09.06.2018 
    1996 Warszawa, 2000 Katowice 1 ,2007 Chorzów, 2010 Gdynia, 2014 Gdynia, 2018 Amsterdam 1+2, Londyn 1, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Londyn 2
  • PJNBPJNB New BrunswickPosts: 5,038
    IZI said:
    deftones said:
    Red Lukin said:
    Yeah same here. Plane too much of a hassle.  I may even consider the overnight train. I gain a day as the day train will eat up most of the day.

    Any locals wanna look into private transportation?  I'd be willing to pay a premium especially if they are willing to stop in auschwitz on the way.
    I can't see any overnight train. The only overnight option right now is the bus. This would work for me if train fails.
    Definately a direct overnight train on Monday. Here it is 

    collapsePraha hl.n.Kraków Główny08.05.18
    09.05.18

    depDEPARTURE22:19  

    arrARRIVAL06:38

    8:190EN   443

    PRAHA HL.N. - KRAKÓW GŁÓWNY DEPARTURE 22:19

    Connection details 

    CATEGORY: EuroNight
    OPERATOR: PKP Intercity
    DISTANCE: - km
    runs not every day: 26. Apr until 9. Jun 2018

    Look at the last sentence....It's polish train (I'm think) and this information from polish railway timetable....
    I'm not sure that this night train will be
    As I told you polish railway timetable will change at 09/10.06 and maybe the train will be ...but if you try to check in official polish railway timetable there isn't this train after 09.06.2018.
     It's possible to find others trains after this date (with information that timetable will change after 09.06) but this train it isn't in timetable after 09.06.2018 
    So the 60 day window is not true then? Is there a chance that we book 60 days out and the schedule will then change after June 10th? Sorry not used to this stuff where I am from. 
    PJ
    2013 Worcester 1 & 2
    2016 Quebec, Toronto 2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 2
    2018 Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Seattle 2, Wrigley 2, Fenway 1&2 

    EV
    2017 Firenze, Taormina 1 & 2
  • Red LukinRed Lukin CanadaPosts: 2,795
    Okay for kicks I reached out to a company called Krakow Travel Time, and inquired about private transportation from Prague to Krakow with a 4 hour stop in Auschwitz.

    Total cost is 1870 PLN and includes everything except Auschwitz tickets.  Which is $86 CND or 55E.  Also the van is a 2015/16 Ford Tourneo Custom van.

    Pros - can leave whenever we want (likely 8am), can visit Auschwitz, and quicker
    Cons - not as comfortable as a train, cost a bit higher

    Not sure I wanna go this route but keeping all options open.
  • PJNBPJNB New BrunswickPosts: 5,038
    edited April 2018
    Red Lukin said:
    Okay for kicks I reached out to a company called Krakow Travel Time, and inquired about private transportation from Prague to Krakow with a 4 hour stop in Auschwitz.

    Total cost is 1870 PLN and includes everything except Auschwitz tickets.  Which is $86 CND or 55E.  Also the van is a 2015/16 Ford Tourneo Custom van.

    Pros - can leave whenever we want (likely 8am), can visit Auschwitz, and quicker
    Cons - not as comfortable as a train, cost a bit higher

    Not sure I wanna go this route but keeping all options open.
    Thanks for the info and I maybe interested in this. Looking at the price though we would need 10 people (does the van hold this many) just to get the price down to $70 CAD.  Like you stated it is more but the convenience is there. Also I looked into the Auschwitz tour and it looks much cheaper ($20 CAD) to me then what you stated unless I am missing something. I used this site for reference https://visit.auschwitz.org/?lang=en

    PJ
    2013 Worcester 1 & 2
    2016 Quebec, Toronto 2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 2
    2018 Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Seattle 2, Wrigley 2, Fenway 1&2 

    EV
    2017 Firenze, Taormina 1 & 2
  • Red LukinRed Lukin CanadaPosts: 2,795
    Sorry I meant the van price is which is $86 CND or 55E.  That's with 8 people, which is the max for this type of van.  Seems kinda pricey to go to Auschwitz.  I think it's free if you go in the morning or evening.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin CanadaPosts: 2,795
    Oh it's 50 PLN.  I thought it was 50 Euro.  Not so bad then.
  • PJNBPJNB New BrunswickPosts: 5,038
    Red Lukin said:
    Sorry I meant the van price is which is $86 CND or 55E.  That's with 8 people, which is the max for this type of van.  Seems kinda pricey to go to Auschwitz.  I think it's free if you go in the morning or evening.
    Ah my bad makes sense reading it again. Lets keep this open as an option. I think I will really regret not visiting Auschwitz while in Poland. 
    PJ
    2013 Worcester 1 & 2
    2016 Quebec, Toronto 2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 2
    2018 Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Seattle 2, Wrigley 2, Fenway 1&2 

    EV
    2017 Firenze, Taormina 1 & 2
  • IZIIZI KrakówPosts: 69
    PJNB said:

     

    CATEGORY: EuroNight
    OPERATOR: PKP Intercity
    DISTANCE: - km
    runs not every day: 26. Apr until 9. Jun 2018

    Look at the last sentence....It's polish train (I'm think) and this information from polish railway timetable....
    I'm not sure that this night train will be
    As I told you polish railway timetable will change at 09/10.06 and maybe the train will be ...but if you try to check in official polish railway timetable there isn't this train after 09.06.2018.
     It's possible to find others trains after this date (with information that timetable will change after 09.06) but this train it isn't in timetable after 09.06.2018 
    So the 60 day window is not true then? Is there a chance that we book 60 days out and the schedule will then change after June 10th? Sorry not used to this stuff where I am from. 
    No problem.
    From 60 days before trip it's only time for buy ticket 
    Normally at Summer it's small correction of timetable(for example about few minutes) 
    But as you see this night train it isn't in timetable after the date of change....maybe it's only mistake but maybe this train it will be cancelled after 09.06.2018. I don't know

    1996 Warszawa, 2000 Katowice 1 ,2007 Chorzów, 2010 Gdynia, 2014 Gdynia, 2018 Amsterdam 1+2, Londyn 1, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Londyn 2
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    IZI said:
    PJNB said:

     

    CATEGORY: EuroNight
    OPERATOR: PKP Intercity
    DISTANCE: - km
    runs not every day: 26. Apr until 9. Jun 2018

    Look at the last sentence....It's polish train (I'm think) and this information from polish railway timetable....
    I'm not sure that this night train will be
    As I told you polish railway timetable will change at 09/10.06 and maybe the train will be ...but if you try to check in official polish railway timetable there isn't this train after 09.06.2018.
     It's possible to find others trains after this date (with information that timetable will change after 09.06) but this train it isn't in timetable after 09.06.2018 
    So the 60 day window is not true then? Is there a chance that we book 60 days out and the schedule will then change after June 10th? Sorry not used to this stuff where I am from. 
    No problem.
    From 60 days before trip it's only time for buy ticket 
    Normally at Summer it's small correction of timetable(for example about few minutes) 
    But as you see this night train it isn't in timetable after the date of change....maybe it's only mistake but maybe this train it will be cancelled after 09.06.2018. I don't know

    I emailed them and they said it would be running.  Here's hoping. 
  • IZIIZI KrakówPosts: 69
    Red Lukin said:
    Sorry I meant the van price is which is $86 CND or 55E.  That's with 8 people, which is the max for this type of van.  Seems kinda pricey to go to Auschwitz.  I think it's free if you go in the morning or evening.
    I asked  firm which I used from Kraków to Prague(Muse show with friends) 
    8 person bus with driver 1500 zł (Prague-Auschwitz-Kraków)
    18 persons bus with two drivers 2700(Prague-Auschwitz-Kraków)
    It'c company from Kraków
    If you need contact send me priv

    1996 Warszawa, 2000 Katowice 1 ,2007 Chorzów, 2010 Gdynia, 2014 Gdynia, 2018 Amsterdam 1+2, Londyn 1, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Londyn 2
  • SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 263
    PJNB said:
    Red Lukin said:
    Sorry I meant the van price is which is $86 CND or 55E.  That's with 8 people, which is the max for this type of van.  Seems kinda pricey to go to Auschwitz.  I think it's free if you go in the morning or evening.
    Ah my bad makes sense reading it again. Lets keep this open as an option. I think I will really regret not visiting Auschwitz while in Poland. 
    Definitely, it's a must do. And if you think you're gonna struggle to make it out to Poland for a while then you should grab this opportunity.

    I'm settled, I'll be doing the train. I've visited Auschwitz before, and while I'd want to visit again sometime, it's still fresh in my memory from four years ago. I think I'll do it again when I have more time in Poland.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I + II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I + II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, London II, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I + II
  • Red LukinRed Lukin CanadaPosts: 2,795
    The company I mentioned above has pretty good reviews.  https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g274772-d7392305-Reviews-Krakow_Travel_Time-Krakow_Lesser_Poland_Province_Southern_Poland.html

    Not sure yet if I plan to go this route but if I did would anyone else be interested?  We'd need 8 passengers to get this price of 55 Euro.

    IZI, what is the company name?  1500 seems better than 1870.
  • IZIIZI KrakówPosts: 69
    It's not a good idea to go to Auschwitz in a day of Pearl Jam show in my opinion 
    1996 Warszawa, 2000 Katowice 1 ,2007 Chorzów, 2010 Gdynia, 2014 Gdynia, 2018 Amsterdam 1+2, Londyn 1, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Londyn 2
  • Red LukinRed Lukin CanadaPosts: 2,795
    thinking the 2nd..
  • IZIIZI KrakówPosts: 69
    Better option - You will see
    1996 Warszawa, 2000 Katowice 1 ,2007 Chorzów, 2010 Gdynia, 2014 Gdynia, 2018 Amsterdam 1+2, Londyn 1, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Londyn 2
  • I just posted this elsewhere, this is what I received regarding the train from Prague to Krakow
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • PJNBPJNB New BrunswickPosts: 5,038
    PJ
    2013 Worcester 1 & 2
    2016 Quebec, Toronto 2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 2
    2018 Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Seattle 2, Wrigley 2, Fenway 1&2 

    EV
    2017 Firenze, Taormina 1 & 2
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 12,892
    I just posted this elsewhere, this is what I received regarding the train from Prague to Krakow
    This is what i get today from my friend in Prague..

    ''I exchanged few mails with them. Good they reply quickly. But sometimes they do not answer the question properly.

     

    Finally I have the result for you. But it is not confirmation :-(

     

    The timetable is going to be changed on 10/6 so they cannot guarantee it will stay as it is. When I asked them if the train EC115 is planned for 2/7 they replied that it is in the draft but the departure time and price may change. They cannot say anything concrete now ''

     

    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
  • timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CAPosts: 228
    Needless to say, the real winners in this game are those who booked that nonstop Ryanair flight when the price was reasonable
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 12,892
    What you think guys??..we should take the risk and wait until 10-6 or we check other options??..
    i'm starting to worry..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
  • PJNBPJNB New BrunswickPosts: 5,038
    23scidoo said:
    What you think guys??..we should take the risk and wait until 10-6 or we check other options??..
    i'm starting to worry..
    What other options are there though? Besides taking a bus this is pretty much our only option right?
    PJ
    2013 Worcester 1 & 2
    2016 Quebec, Toronto 2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 2
    2018 Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Seattle 2, Wrigley 2, Fenway 1&2 

    EV
    2017 Firenze, Taormina 1 & 2
  • nippleholicnippleholic TorontoPosts: 1,065
    Waiting until June 10 kind of sucks since I'll already be in Europe by then for the Amsterdam shows. But the train is still my preferred mode of transportation in this case. 
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
  • deftonesdeftones Athens, GreecePosts: 2,434
    PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    What you think guys??..we should take the risk and wait until 10-6 or we check other options??..
    i'm starting to worry..
    What other options are there though? Besides taking a bus this is pretty much our only option right?
    There is nothing to worry about. One way or another we will get to Krakow. Worst case scenario is that the timetable won't be the best but I wouldn't worry. Nothing to worry about when you are travelling from one PJ show to another!  =)
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • deftonesdeftones Athens, GreecePosts: 2,434
    timdwilli said:
    Needless to say, the real winners in this game are those who booked that nonstop Ryanair flight when the price was reasonable
    This is true
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
Sign In or Register to comment.