Options

CAN'T DENY ME!!!

Comments

• Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,850
    MP59559 said:
    MP59559 said:

What an incredibly lazy way to fulfill paid member benefits that had been neglected. “Here’s a shit quality, 160 kbps mp3 of a song the whole world will have access to in full quality in 3 days. We’ve fulfilled our 2017 member obligation.” LOL
    we still get it on vinyl, and a b-side, presumably. it is odd, though, for digital members, to pay that much for a song that is supposed to be exclusive to the club and can buy it on itunes for a buck. 
    That’s just it man. There are a lot of us that are digital members. I can listen to it at 2x the quality today on Spotify. We basically didn’t get that 2017 benefit (a single exclusive to 10c members.)
    I get what you're saying, but it seems like a petty thing to be upset about. The bigger benefit to my membership is that I was able to secure tickets to the Fenway shows with zero stress of dealing with an online sale. That alone is worth my $20 (and another $20 to get the t-shirt, as I'm analog). The singles are fun to get, but I tend to listen to them once or twice and shelf them.
    That’s fantastic that you’re OK with it. Doesn’t mean everyone feels the same way. It’s not a huge deal, and yes, tickets are the only reason I’m a member. But I don’t think it’s out of line to point out that this is still a benefit we pay for, and that it has always been an exclusive song for us. I'm guessing when they decided to kill two birds with one stone they were counting on a lot of members to brush it off like you did.
    I "brush it off" because I consider it a tiny benefit compared to the other benefits of being in the 10c. As noted, the song is available for purchase for $1. Should we demand $1 be refunded to our credit cards for this year?
    If you're so inclined. Knock yourself out. I think it's lame to have an essential member benefit greatly eroded, you've made it clear that it doesn't bother you. Rock on. 
    I think the issue is that I don't consider it "essential". IMHO, it ranks up there with getting a copy of "Deep" magazine.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Right, but at this point, we are basically talking about 1 99 cent song. The b-side will be "exclusive" ....whatever exclusive means in the internet age anyway.

Like i said before,  none of the 10c songs are actually exclusive.  The very fact we get a digital download at all is gravy. We used to just get the vinyls, and people complained that they had no way to listen to it.

uh, not for digital members, it's not. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,453
    DMB is 35. U3 is 50
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Let's relax for a moment.   We pay 40 bucks a year.  For a music band's fan club.  This is not a Country Club Membership.  This isn't season tickets to a sporting event.  It's literally 40 bucks a year.   Its the right to purchase tickets ahead of the crowd, a record, and a special gift.  I mean, Pearl Jam isn't going to go into the studio to record stuff exclusively for 10c fans every year.  Sometimes, its a cool bootleg.  Sometimes, its a cover song.  Sometimes, its some ranting and raving, etc. This time, its the first single off the new album, on record, along with an unnamed b-side.  

We just got news that not only did they drop a song unexpectedly, they also have a forthcoming album, and are starting their tour tonight. This also likely means that more shows will be on the way (Late this year, early next year) in support of the album. 

I get it, some people like the song, some don't.  It's totally ok to not like it, or whatever.  But the amount of whining is getting out of control.  

It's not like 10C members are the only ones that get to hear the 10C songs.   Lost Dogs was a release of a bunch of songs, some of which were previously 10C only.  Besides that...they are REALLY painfully easy to find on the internet. 

I think we can all make comments without being told to relax. I am quite relaxed. I just find some of this bands/management's practices, when it comes to their fan club, a little puzzling. I mean, it says right in the ten club member bio thing that the single is exclusive to fan club members. 

is it a massive deal? no. but all these little deals keep adding up. 
    Never in the history of calm down has anyone calmed down by being told to calm down.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Right, but at this point, we are basically talking about 1 99 cent song. The b-side will be "exclusive" ....whatever exclusive means in the internet age anyway.

Like i said before,  none of the 10c songs are actually exclusive.  The very fact we get a digital download at all is gravy. We used to just get the vinyls, and people complained that they had no way to listen to it.

Vedd Hedd said:

Right. You chose the 20 buck package. You dont get the the record, or the tshirt/item, or the bootleg.

With 20 bucks, you get access to the site, the discounts, the ticket access, the deep pdf, and the mp3 of whatever is on the record.

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Let's relax for a moment.   We pay 40 bucks a year.  For a music band's fan club.  This is not a Country Club Membership.  This isn't season tickets to a sporting event.  It's literally 40 bucks a year.   Its the right to purchase tickets ahead of the crowd, a record, and a special gift.  I mean, Pearl Jam isn't going to go into the studio to record stuff exclusively for 10c fans every year.  Sometimes, its a cool bootleg.  Sometimes, its a cover song.  Sometimes, its some ranting and raving, etc. This time, its the first single off the new album, on record, along with an unnamed b-side.  

We just got news that not only did they drop a song unexpectedly, they also have a forthcoming album, and are starting their tour tonight. This also likely means that more shows will be on the way (Late this year, early next year) in support of the album. 

I get it, some people like the song, some don't.  It's totally ok to not like it, or whatever.  But the amount of whining is getting out of control.  

It's not like 10C members are the only ones that get to hear the 10C songs.   Lost Dogs was a release of a bunch of songs, some of which were previously 10C only.  Besides that...they are REALLY painfully easy to find on the internet. 

I think we can all make comments without being told to relax. I am quite relaxed. I just find some of this bands/management's practices, when it comes to their fan club, a little puzzling. I mean, it says right in the ten club member bio thing that the single is exclusive to fan club members. 

is it a massive deal? no. but all these little deals keep adding up. 
    Never in the history of calm down has anyone calmed down by being told to calm down.
    That is an absolute FACT, especially if you're talking about women. I once told a male friend that telling a woman to calm down is like throwing gasoline on a fire and expecting it to go out. :lol:

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited March 2018
    MP59559 said:
    MP59559 said:

What an incredibly lazy way to fulfill paid member benefits that had been neglected. “Here’s a shit quality, 160 kbps mp3 of a song the whole world will have access to in full quality in 3 days. We’ve fulfilled our 2017 member obligation.” LOL
    we still get it on vinyl, and a b-side, presumably. it is odd, though, for digital members, to pay that much for a song that is supposed to be exclusive to the club and can buy it on itunes for a buck. 
    That’s just it man. There are a lot of us that are digital members. I can listen to it at 2x the quality today on Spotify. We basically didn’t get that 2017 benefit (a single exclusive to 10c members.)
    I get what you're saying, but it seems like a petty thing to be upset about. The bigger benefit to my membership is that I was able to secure tickets to the Fenway shows with zero stress of dealing with an online sale. That alone is worth my $20 (and another $20 to get the t-shirt, as I'm analog). The singles are fun to get, but I tend to listen to them once or twice and shelf them.
    That’s fantastic that you’re OK with it. Doesn’t mean everyone feels the same way. It’s not a huge deal, and yes, tickets are the only reason I’m a member. But I don’t think it’s out of line to point out that this is still a benefit we pay for, and that it has always been an exclusive song for us. I'm guessing when they decided to kill two birds with one stone they were counting on a lot of members to brush it off like you did.
    I "brush it off" because I consider it a tiny benefit compared to the other benefits of being in the 10c. As noted, the song is available for purchase for $1. Should we demand $1 be refunded to our credit cards for this year?
    Im pleased you get a lot out of the 10c. I'm international and pay $50. For this I get a t-shirt, a magazine (none of which I really care too much for)  and the ticket thing is of no benefit to me and so the annual single is the one constant that keeps me signed up each year (new pj recordings). So to pass this track off as the annual single for the previous year is really rubbish, maybe the b-side will be Ole which will  also be on the new album.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Vedd Hedd said:

Right. You chose the 20 buck package. You dont get the the record, or the tshirt/item, or the bootleg.

With 20 bucks, you get access to the site, the discounts, the ticket access, the deep pdf, and the mp3 of whatever is on the record.

i'm analog. 

it's fine if you don't understand the term "exclusive", but I do. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,358
    This thread turned into an annual single bitching thread? Christ
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    Discounts? We get discounts as part of membership? When?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RP112579 said:
    it only turns into that when people are calmly discussing something they find odd and people on the other end make ridiculous assertions that we think the world is coming to an end and we are forced to defend ourselves and tell them that, in fact, our hair is not on fire. it's passive agressive bullshit that builds an argument out of fucking nowhere. 

same old shit. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Vedd Hedd said:

i'm analog. 

OK lets not get sarcastic about it. 

The b-side will be exclusive.  The record itself is exclusive.  And the 10 club got the drop on the single 3-4 days before the general pop did.  We didnt have to pay for it, and others did.  

But again..."exclusive" isnt what it used to mean.   the singles in 1994?  Those were exclusive.  They were on actual records, and the internet was not the sharing place that it is today.  

Within minutes of downloading my song, it was already up on You Tube.   I mean....how exclusive can you be with a digital song in this world now?
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Vedd Hedd said:

i'm analog. 

Last Kiss wasn’t exclusive to fan club members. It was a holiday sIngle then a widely released single. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    edited March 2018
    RP112579 said:
    Totally, I'm not going to stop until I receive my 2016 single. :)
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Guys let's not bicker about the fact that we didn't get a single that was exclusive to us. In this day and age everyone has access to every single that comes out anyway. I only joined last year and heard most of the singles that they released to the 10 Club whenever I searched them.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    RP112579 said:
    it only turns into that when people are calmly discussing something they find odd and people on the other end make ridiculous assertions that we think the world is coming to an end and we are forced to defend ourselves and tell them that, in fact, our hair is not on fire. it's passive agressive bullshit that builds an argument out of fucking nowhere. 

same old shit. 
    I'm not sure I've ever loved a post on here more than this one. 100%. Disagreement is not "bitching," "whining," or "entitlement." It means there are other points of view other than your own.

9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options
    RP112579 said:

same old shit. 
    I'm not sure I've ever loved a post on here more than this one. 100%. Disagreement is not "bitching," "whining," or "entitlement." It means there are other points of view other than your own.

My comment was not passive aggressive arguing.  It was merely saying, "Lets stop for a second and think about all of the other benefits that we still get".  
    I apologize if it sounded like i "told people to calm down", even when I said, "this comment isnt directed at you then"

For cripes sake. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:
    Discounts? We get discounts as part of membership? When?
    In the shop.  There are "Ten club member exclusive items, as well as knock downs on prices on things.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    KW6232KW6232 Posts: 349
    And in exclusive single could that not mean the 7" vinyl. Is that not a single that only the fan club gets. 
  • Options
    Ole for the b-side of the single and on the album...anyone
  • Options
    Well someone told someone to calm down!!!!!

• Options
    The best benefit of 10c membership for me is being able to buy the Vault vinyl and things like Sevens (if you are lucky). I'd hate not to be part of that.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,906
    RP112579 said:
    I was surprised too.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 729
    edited March 2018
    JimmyV said:
    RP112579 said:
    I was surprised too.
    "can't deny me"
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    FR181798 said:
    The best benefit of 10c membership for me is being able to buy the Vault vinyl and things like Sevens (if you are lucky). I'd hate not to be part of that.
    Yes, I agree with that, plus access to this hilarious message board. I don't know what I'd do with my downtime at work without it, lol. And TBH, without the complaining and arguing, there wouldn't be much going on. =)
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I can solve all of this Can’t Deny Me bitching.....

you guys think its ok to bring a (insert month) old kid to a PJ show??
  • Options
    KW6232KW6232 Posts: 349
    edited March 2018
    $40 for the fanclub is nothing. Break it down. 
    $10 bootleg code. 
    $10 vinyl single. ( then add shipping). 
    Tshirt or other gift. $10-15. ( then add shipping.)
    Deep magazine $ (don't know what to price this)
    chance to purchase exclusive Pearl Jam merchandise. 
    Chance for tickets. 
    If you break it all down it's not that much. 

Post edited by KW6232 on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,906

JimmyV said:
    RP112579 said:
    I was surprised too.
    "can't deny me"
    "The right to bitch on the internet shall not be infringed!" :lol:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    I can solve all of this Can’t Deny Me bitching.....

you guys think its ok to bring a (insert month) old kid to a PJ show??
     =) 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,677
    Stay Calm and listen to More Pear Jam people