Options

Abortion-Keep Legal, Yes or No?

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Ugh. That kind of thinking turns my stomach. 
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269

I haven't looked into the Idaho law but I probably wouldn't agree with it. The Governor of Washington is saying that he hopes citizens from Idaho will cross the border into Washington to get this medical care. Funny enough, during the pandemic, the Governor told Idaho residents to stay away from Washington. It was in the middle of the pandemic and both Idaho and Washington had high hospitalization numbers. Residents of Idaho were coming to Washington to get medical treatment. To quote Governor Inslee, he said, “Today in my state, Washington citizens in many cases cannot get heart surgery, cannot get cancer surgery that they need, because we are having to take too many people of unvaccinated nature and unmasked, many of whom come from Idaho, and that’s just maddening frankly,” Inslee said in an MSNBC appearance on Friday.

The residents of Idaho were not the reason why Washington hospitals were so clogged. The counties that border Idaho are red and have lower vaccination rates. The residents of Idaho didn't help our situation but it was a lie to say "many whom come from Idaho."

If the Governor of Washington cares so much about women's health, he should fix the issues going on with insurance in Washington state. My wife and I live in a rural county. We are only given 1 option for health insurance. This happened when Obamacare was enacted. The first year we had 2 companies we could buy insurance from. In the second year, the other option was taken away so the only company we can choose is Kaiser Permanente which sucks. We are both healthy and have never had to use our insurance because we've never been sick, FINGERS CROSSED. Preventative is part of our insurance plan because of Obamacare. This has happened before and it just happened again. My wife received a letter from Kaiser telling her that she was due for a pap smear. She called to make sure that it wouldn't cost us anything because that is a preventative measure. The person that answered told her that it all depended on the results. If the pap smear came back good, it would be covered. If it came back bad, we would be charged for the pap smear. I told her to call back and ask the same question again. Of course, the first person that told her that was wrong. The test would be covered but how frustrating that we are only given 1 option and we can't even get correct answers from them in regards to our health. Our Governor is more concerned about what is going on in Idaho than the healthcare mess going on in Washington state. Our insurance rates have gone up 270% since Obamacare was enacted and this the treatment we get.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    edited March 2022
    JB16057 said:

I haven't looked into the Idaho law but I probably wouldn't agree with it. The Governor of Washington is saying that he hopes citizens from Idaho will cross the border into Washington to get this medical care. Funny enough, during the pandemic, the Governor told Idaho residents to stay away from Washington. It was in the middle of the pandemic and both Idaho and Washington had high hospitalization numbers. Residents of Idaho were coming to Washington to get medical treatment. To quote Governor Inslee, he said, “Today in my state, Washington citizens in many cases cannot get heart surgery, cannot get cancer surgery that they need, because we are having to take too many people of unvaccinated nature and unmasked, many of whom come from Idaho, and that’s just maddening frankly,” Inslee said in an MSNBC appearance on Friday.

The residents of Idaho were not the reason why Washington hospitals were so clogged. The counties that border Idaho are red and have lower vaccination rates. The residents of Idaho didn't help our situation but it was a lie to say "many whom come from Idaho."

If the Governor of Washington cares so much about women's health, he should fix the issues going on with insurance in Washington state. My wife and I live in a rural county. We are only given 1 option for health insurance. This happened when Obamacare was enacted. The first year we had 2 companies we could buy insurance from. In the second year, the other option was taken away so the only company we can choose is Kaiser Permanente which sucks. We are both healthy and have never had to use our insurance because we've never been sick, FINGERS CROSSED. Preventative is part of our insurance plan because of Obamacare. This has happened before and it just happened again. My wife received a letter from Kaiser telling her that she was due for a pap smear. She called to make sure that it wouldn't cost us anything because that is a preventative measure. The person that answered told her that it all depended on the results. If the pap smear came back good, it would be covered. If it came back bad, we would be charged for the pap smear. I told her to call back and ask the same question again. Of course, the first person that told her that was wrong. The test would be covered but how frustrating that we are only given 1 option and we can't even get correct answers from them in regards to our health. Our Governor is more concerned about what is going on in Idaho than the healthcare mess going on in Washington state. Our insurance rates have gone up 270% since Obamacare was enacted and this the treatment we get.
    I don't care about any of this, but what do you think the correlation is between obamacare and your price of insurance? Do you think you're in the same insurance pool as people buying insurance in the public marketplace?
    If you have obamacare then theoretically you had nothing before.  
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

I don't care about any of this, but what do you think the correlation is between obamacare and your price of insurance? Do you think you're in the same insurance pool as people buying insurance in the public marketplace?
    I had healthcare insurance before Obamacare was enacted. I make too much money to qualify for Obamacare so I am not on Obamacare. Like I said, when Obamacare was enacted, we were then limited to health insurance companies we could choose from. The first year we had 2 choices. Since then, we've only had 1 choice and that 1 choice is a terrible company and we've had nothing but issues with them for the VERY limited interaction with them. I can't tell you the reasons why this happened but my insurance rate has gone up 270%.

My point was the our Governor is worried about the policy of other states before he worries about his own.
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

I had healthcare insurance before Obamacare was enacted. I make too much money to qualify for Obamacare so I am not on Obamacare. Like I said, when Obamacare was enacted, we were then limited to health insurance companies we could choose from. The first year we had 2 choices. Since then, we've only had 1 choice and that 1 choice is a terrible company and we've had nothing but issues with them for the VERY limited interaction with them. I can't tell you the reasons why this happened but my insurance rate has gone up 270%.

My point was the our Governor is worried about the policy of other states before he worries about his own.
    So isn't your health insurance through your employer? 

I agree that health insurance is outrageous but there's no connection to Obamacare.  In fact,  nationwide the price increases has slowed from 2014 to about 2019 (haven't checked recently) compared to to the pace from about 2005 to 2014. 

I'm not sure there is much a governor can do to control pricing from a private company. 

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

So isn't your health insurance through your employer? 

I agree that health insurance is outrageous but there's no connection to Obamacare.  In fact,  nationwide the price increases has slowed from 2014 to about 2019 (haven't checked recently) compared to to the pace from about 2005 to 2014. 

I'm not sure there is much a governor can do to control pricing from a private company. 

No. I have small business so I pay for my own insurance. This year I had a slight increase and the 2 years prior, it stayed the same. 2 years before that though, it increased almost 30% in one year.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    Men have always preferred rapists to their victims. Womens' bodies are on loan until menopause. 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    OnWis97 said:
    Men have always preferred rapists to their victims. Womens' bodies are on loan until menopause. 
    This law doesn't  allow the rapist to sue but does allow his immediate family members to sue the victim.
    Add Idaho to the list of states that I will not visit and or spend money in.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    Holy shit. That story ought to get "what the fuck" trending...
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Fetuses: It's what's for dinner.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    um....why? why steal fetuses? to bless them or some shit?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    um....why? why steal fetuses? to bless them or some shit?
    They make good throw pillows.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    My god I will never get over how twisted your sense of humour is. lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    edited March 2022
    LOL.

I would bet that they stole them so they can mutilate them and take photos, claiming that that is what's done to fetuses during abortions.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,805
    so much for the dignity of human life
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    LOL.

I would bet that they stole them so they can mutilate them and take photos, claiming that that is what's done to fetuses during abortions.
    I dunno....if you're that religiously fanatical about something, I don't think that end justifies the means. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited March 2022
    PJ_Soul said:
    LOL.

I dunno....if you're that religiously fanatical about something, I don't think that end justifies the means. 

Then you don't know hard core anti-choicers. Some of them will do ANYTHING to send their message. I mean, they are willing to attack and/or kill doctors, harass pregnant women, etc... why would they not be willing to steal fetuses and stage those photos? The have loved to use those mutilated fetus photos for years and years during their protests and in their propaganda.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    LOL.

Then you don't know hard core anti-choicers. Some of them will do ANYTHING to send their message. I mean, they are willing to attack and/or kill doctors, harass pregnant women, etc... why would they not be willing to steal fetuses and stage those photos? The have loved to use those mutilated fetus photos for years and years during their protests and in their propaganda.
    I agree.  And since life begins at conception (to them), how can this woman possibly justify her treatment of said life?  It's both insane and repulsive.  
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    LOL.

I'm proud to say I certainly do not. 

true enough. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    LOL.

All of them will also proudly be pro-death penalty
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    LOL.

All of them will also proudly be pro-death penalty
    Yup. Apparently life becomes a lot less sacred after birth. It's so fucked up.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Is it me, or is that a lot fetuses?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

1 is a lot so in answer to your question......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

1 is a lot so in answer to your question......
    Yeah I'm not a great judge on how many fetuses is your home is too many. 
  • Options
    You guys are cracking me up!
  • Options
    weird thought as to how this woman came to her base beliefs. these are from her.....