Options

Lottery

edited February 2018 in The Porch
Hey- New to TenClub- Was hoping someone could give me some info regarding credit card sales for the number of shows.  I would like to enter all shows instead of Missoula however I can't possibly afford all them being sucked out of one single credit card.  Does the lottery give you the option of splitting form of payment up per show/tickets? Do they use the card on file normally or do you enter a card of your choosing when prompted during the lottery?  Thanks for the info!! Seems 10C members are granted more access than ever for this round of shows and while I am so excited I joined at what seems to be the best time possible, now I'm weary about entering for all shows and getting them charged all at once.  I would normally split payments up in the past for runs of shows.
Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    You can only enter 1 card.
  • Options
    Thanks

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    anyone sweating yet?

• Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    anyone sweating yet?

Yeah, I'm wondering what the heck I'm going to do if I lose in the lottery. Resale prices are going to be insane.
  • Options
    I'm wondering if regular sale tickets are all distributed via smartphone as well- maybe there will be little to no second/third party market at all.  Or only single tickets available, forcing us to sit alone if we manage to score tickets that way and not thru 10C.  I can't enter for all the shows I want via 10C if its all on one card at once $$$$ :bawling:
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    If you put in reserve for all shows, assuming you are doing more than one, you should get all your choices. 
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    This would actually be a good option.  You dont know if you get shut out, or 1 show, or 4 shows.  Having the option to spread these over 2 cards would be good, but not sure how that could be implemented. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    MEK42MEK42 Posts: 116
    Is it possible to win reserved and GA for the same show?

Like, I want GA for Seattle night 1 or 2 (or both hehe) but if I put reserved as my 3rd and 4th picks, is there any way I'd win tickets for GA and Reserved, therefore screwing me over? No, right? 

Also, would putting reserved as priority 3/4 lower my chances for GA at all? First lottery, first time trying to see PJ... I'm beyond nervous and excited. 
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    MEK42 said:

Like, I want GA for Seattle night 1 or 2 (or both hehe) but if I put reserved as my 3rd and 4th picks, is there any way I'd win tickets for GA and Reserved, therefore screwing me over? No, right? 

Also, would putting reserved as priority 3/4 lower my chances for GA at all? First lottery, first time trying to see PJ... I'm beyond nervous and excited. 
    not on the same account
  • Options
    Which show do you think is the best chance to get a GA ticket out of Seattle and Wrigley 1/2?

I'm sorry, I'm so new- no idea how this is going to shake down.  Ive never had the pleasure of getting GA for them unless you count GLOBAL CITIZENS or Fenway- It would be a dream come true.  
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    edited February 2018
    MEK42 said:

A person can only win 1 type of pair for each show. So if you get GA to a show with your first pick, if any of your later picks are for reserved of the same show, you can not win the later reserved option.

And no, subsequent choices with lower picks have zero effect on your other picks.
  • Options
    nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 704
    What are people thoughts on ticket chances?  How confident are we in the statement about accommodating most if not all?
    my plan
    Wirgley 2 GA
    Fenway 1
    Fenway 2
    Wrigley 2 resv
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,253
    nalyd61 said:
    What are people thoughts on ticket chances?  How confident are we in the statement about accommodating most if not all?
    my plan
    Wirgley 2 GA
    Fenway 1
    Fenway 2
    Wrigley 2 resv

69%
    93%
    98%
    89%
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Sea 1
    Sea 2
    Miss
    Fen 1
    Fen 2

No Chitown for me again.  Been there the first go around.
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 559
    Poncier said:
    nalyd61 said:
    my plan
    Wirgley 2 GA
    Fenway 1
    Fenway 2
    Wrigley 2 resv

69%
    93%
    98%
    89%

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    Sea 1
    Sea 2
    Miss
    Fen 1
    Fen 2

Think that is my lineup as well.  Still on the Fenway 2 fence.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 704
    Jbarker said:
    Poncier said:
    nalyd61 said:
    my plan
    Wirgley 2 GA
    Fenway 1
    Fenway 2
    Wrigley 2 resv

69%
    93%
    98%
    89%

hope so
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,814
    Sea 1
    Sea 2
    Miss
    Fen 1
    Fen 2

Damn, both you guys are skipping Chicago? I was hoping to meet up with you guys for a beer. 

This place is going to be littered with posts tomorrow. I hope everybody gets the tickets they want.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    Sea 1
    Sea 2
    Miss
    Fen 1
    Fen 2

Damn, both you guys are skipping Chicago? I was hoping to meet up with you guys for a beer. 

This place is going to be littered with posts tomorrow. I hope everybody gets the tickets they want.
    Yeah, sorry, it is a matter of timing.  If I skip Fenway 2 I can do that w/o any days off and can put the kids with the in-laws.  Those other trips take lots of movement.  (It would be easier if my wife didnt like to go as well, although it would be less fun.) 
    We went to the first Wrigley and it was awesome.
    Seattle/Missoula will be new to us...and we did catch 1 of the Fenways as well but that is a holiday weekend so much easier.
    You should go to one of the other shows!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    edited February 2018
    Some order of Fenway 1, Fenway 2

Post edited by CantKeepmedown on
  • Options
    15 days of waiting for the drawing to open and then another 6 days of  waiting for it to close.  Gah! I need to limit the message board exposure. 
  • Options
    15 days of waiting for the drawing to open and then another 6 days of  waiting for it to close.  Gah! I need to limit the message board exposure. 
    Yup! I’m putting in my choices (SEA only) tomorrow and closing this window down for a while... I don’t think I’ll be able to handle the stress if I start looking at odds.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,814

Yeah, sorry, it is a matter of timing.  If I skip Fenway 2 I can do that w/o any days off and can put the kids with the in-laws.  Those other trips take lots of movement.  (It would be easier if my wife didnt like to go as well, although it would be less fun.) 
    Seattle/Missoula will be new to us...and we did catch 1 of the Fenways as well but that is a holiday weekend so much easier.
    I hear ya with the timing. I just started a new job in October and don't get any vacation time until this October. I can only do Chicago because it's close by and I will use sick days if necessary (I've never called off sick in my professional career). One of the Seattle shows or Missoula would have been pretty freaking awesome though. I have a strong feeling that our chances to get to see these guys is dwindling quickly. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128

I hear ya with the timing. I just started a new job in October and don't get any vacation time until this October. I can only do Chicago because it's close by and I will use sick days if necessary (I've never called off sick in my professional career). One of the Seattle shows or Missoula would have been pretty freaking awesome though. I have a strong feeling that our chances to get to see these guys is dwindling quickly. 
    Maybe you picked the wrong job! ;)
  • Options
    Sarava said:
    anyone sweating yet?

Yeah, I'm wondering what the heck I'm going to do if I lose in the lottery. Resale prices are going to be insane.
    Same here a bit. First chance I've been able to be in a position to go so really have my hopes up. GA  would be super amazing but reserved I'd be happy too!
  • Options
    Sarava said:
    anyone sweating yet?

Same here a bit. First chance I've been able to be in a position to go so really have my hopes up. GA  would be super amazing but reserved I'd be happy too!
    insane or non existent?? My hopes are up too but I'm thinking maybe its easier to try GA for Wrigley rather then Seattle- Seattle being the big wow factor show, i think?
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,131
    Everyone take a deep breath. Enter what you can attend (and can afford). Good luck to all!!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    I've seen this a few times now... why are people suggesting that they are going to tour less and less? They've been playing North America, South America, and Europe very frequently for a while now. Yes they only play around 30 shows per tour, but they still tour... besides last year. They make darn sure that they cover every corner. If you live on the West we are playing Seattle and Missoula. If you on the east we are playing in Boston. If you live in the middle we are playing in Chicago. They still tour and they make sure that you are able to see them. I don't see this band stopping for a while. 
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,310
    I'm going for both Chicago shows and one more, perhaps Boston 1 or Missoula.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    twmillstwmills Milwaukee Posts: 54
    I was planning on bidding for Wrigley 1 Reserved, and Wrigley 2 GA. But because my TC number is so high (I joined last year), I think I'll play it save and do Reserved for both shows. Probably hold off on GA next time they come to Chicago/Milwaukee.