Member Number Question

1235»

Comments

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,867
    Interesting, it seems the big rush was more 2000-2003.

Guessing that's when online purchases turned mainstream, plus two global tours as a 'touring band', plus discounted bootlegs for members.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
    105,xxx

No idea when I joined 
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,867
    edited May 2023
    KV4053 said:
    105,xxx

No idea when I joined 
    7-1-98? Or are profile join dates only the boards?
    Post edited by mookeywrench on
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • matt3846matt3846 Posts: 156
    KV4053 said:
    105,xxx

No idea when I joined 
    7-1-98? Or are profile join dates only the boards?

I think that was the day the board went live because my board profile shows the same date.
    I’m also 105xxx and joined sometime before the 95 tour.
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    They switched forums from Synergy to here and everyone that was on the old forum got 7-1-98
    Things were different then
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,137
    I still don’t get how so many people let their memberships expired , once I joined in 93 the very next year I got the chance at great tickets for the Paramount show after that I knew it was something I was not gonna let go best decision I’ve made concerning my concert experience...27xxx
    I get that you’ve maintained your membership for 30 years. That is really cool. 
    But… you know, it isn’t the same for everyone. I lived in rural England with a seven hour train ride to London. Pearl Jam were never going to play close to me. 
    when I got my first membership in 1995, I was 15. I had to go to the post office, pay to exchange £ to a postal order for $ and then pay a lot to post anything to Seattle. At the age of 15, and not even being able to travel to London let alone further afield, money for 10C was a cool gift from my aunt. 
    I didn’t pay again until 2009. When I was an adult who could travel to gigs and could pay by card 😂
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • NiktoNikto Posts: 135
    I am in Australia, I joined in 1995 but completely forgot to renew in 1997/98 and had to join again in 1999. And for some reason they sent me another copy of the Olympic Platinum single when I rejoined.
    Melbourne: March 17 1995, March 18 1995, March 2 1998, February 18 2003, November 13 2006, November 20 2009, January 24 2014
    Ed Solo
    Melbourne: March 24 2011, February 16 2014
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,671
    442xxx

Joined in 09
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,167
    dottles said:
    I still don’t get how so many people let their memberships expired , once I joined in 93 the very next year I got the chance at great tickets for the Paramount show after that I knew it was something I was not gonna let go best decision I’ve made concerning my concert experience...27xxx
    I get that you’ve maintained your membership for 30 years. That is really cool. 
    But… you know, it isn’t the same for everyone. I lived in rural England with a seven hour train ride to London. Pearl Jam were never going to play close to me. 
    when I got my first membership in 1995, I was 15. I had to go to the post office, pay to exchange £ to a postal order for $ and then pay a lot to post anything to Seattle. At the age of 15, and not even being able to travel to London let alone further afield, money for 10C was a cool gift from my aunt. 
    I didn’t pay again until 2009. When I was an adult who could travel to gigs and could pay by card 😂
    I get it I was 33 when I joined in 93 an adult with income! So it was an easy thing for me to do 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    edited May 2023
    For a long time membership was only $10 and that included the annual single. It was worth it when they weren’t even touring back then. Cost has really only been an issue the last several years.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • JB56195JB56195 Posts: 303
    MayDay10 said:
    the ticketing system that rewarded multiple memberships happened
    This is accurate.  I had a membership since 96.  When I started to not be able to get tickets, my wife got one.  Now that our 3 kids are older and enjoy concerts and we can't guarantee getting 4 tickets, they have memberships too.  Kids try for GA.  Wife and I use our seniority for seats.

95-Milwaukee, 98-East Troy, 00-East Troy, 03-Detroit  Nights 1 and 2, 03-Toronto, 04-Grand Rapids, 05-Kitchener, 06-Cincinnati, 06-Auburn Hills, 10-New Orleans, 10-Kansas City, 11-PJ20 Nights 1 and 2, 13-Chicago, 14- Moline, 16-Chicago Nights 1 and 2, 18-Seattle Nights 1 and 2, Chicago Night 1, 21-Ohana Encore Night 1 and 2, 22-Imola, St. Louis.

• 343xxx Australia … hopefully this serves me well when they tour in 2024 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,153
    343xxx Australia … hopefully this serves me well when they tour in 2024 

If they are doing GA and festival events, I think you are fine. 
  • mace1229 said:
    For a long time membership was only $10 and that included the annual single. It was worth it when they weren’t even touring back then. Cost has really only been an issue the last several years.
    I've said it a few times in a couple different threads over the years. Ten club knows they can collect dues from a lot of people (like me) because we are worried we may miss out or regret the cancelation. 

Tour stops are few and far between and expensive now. No guarantees about getting tickets. There should be two different membership prices at this point. 1. Signing up for Ten Club the way it is or. 2. pay a smaller fee for your number and ticket access if/when they a a tour date and give up whatever other benefits come with being a member.

I guess I will keep paying the pearl Jam fan tax because I don't want to give up my number and Pearl Jam/Ten club knows they have many more like me continually signing up. They have reason to improve the membership or even coming close to what it was. 
  • JK109224JK109224 Posts: 604
    248xxx, joined mid 2002
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • demetrios said:

Do they generally do GA and seats? Australia last tour was 2009, so I’ve never had to stress through a lottery.. but I’ve read many horror stories of people missing out! Plus I don’t think there are as many members in Aus as there is in USA and Europe. Most likely only 1 show in my closest location (Gold Coast) I would be gutted if my missed out on GA tho. 
    demetrios said:

Do they generally do GA and seats? Australia last tour was 2009, so I’ve never had to stress through a lottery.. but I’ve read many horror stories of people missing out! Plus I don’t think there are as many members in Aus as there is in USA and Europe. Most likely only 1 show in my closest location (Gold Coast) I would be gutted if my missed out on GA tho. 

Wasn't their last tour in Australia back in 2014? 5 shows on the Big Day Out run.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    demetrios said:

Demand for tickets for shows down there will be off the charts, so prepare a plan B and some coping skills for ticket day. Beer and gummies maybe? 
  • JK109224 said:
    248xxx, joined mid 2002

279xxx from Jan 2003.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • demetrios said:
    demetrios said:

Wasn't their last tour in Australia back in 2014? 5 shows on the Big Day Out run.
    Didn’t use 10C… did they even offer for festivals back then ? Not sure but I sourced tix elsewhere. 
  • demetrios said:

Demand for tickets for shows down there will be off the charts, so prepare a plan B and some coping skills for ticket day. Beer and gummies maybe? 
    They will be in high demand due to a very long time between shows. Not sure how many 10C Australia would have. Would love a member count. Surprised PJ 10C haven’t done sort of where are you from thing. Plan B is buying tickets via the general public I guess and hope for the best  *shrugs* 
    Australia will be stadiums - it won't be difficult to get tickets. For the 2014 tour (Big Day Out festival run) I think 10c got a pre-sale, but it was just part of the promoter pre-sale anyway. In 2009 10c got a pre-sale for GA tickets, and also early entry (30 minutes prior to public entry). I gather it will be similar again.

Yes PJ hasn't been to Australia for a decade, but they won't sell out stadiums quickly if at all.
  • JK109224 said:
    Australia will be stadiums - it won't be difficult to get tickets. For the 2014 tour (Big Day Out festival run) I think 10c got a pre-sale, but it was just part of the promoter pre-sale anyway. In 2009 10c got a pre-sale for GA tickets, and also early entry (30 minutes prior to public entry). I gather it will be similar again.

Yes PJ hasn't been to Australia for a decade, but they won't sell out stadiums quickly if at all.
    Yeah I used 10c in 09’ and we got early entry. We had a seperate line which was very good to get up the front. But it was just a standard pre-sale not a lottery. And I’ve read that people are missing out on tickets and I’m not really keen ons eats. So in two minds about even choosing seats as an option because I 100% want G.A. And only 1 show at the Gold Coast (my local) also ups the ante of trying to secure a ticket. 
  • DN36753DN36753 Posts: 134
    175 xxx Joined in 98 
    JK109224 said:

Yeah I used 10c in 09’ and we got early entry. We had a seperate line which was very good to get up the front. But it was just a standard pre-sale not a lottery. And I’ve read that people are missing out on tickets and I’m not really keen ons eats. So in two minds about even choosing seats as an option because I 100% want G.A. And only 1 show at the Gold Coast (my local) also ups the ante of trying to secure a ticket. 
    You won't have a problem getting a ticket.
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,512
    DN36753 said:
    175 xxx Joined in 98 
    Image tagged in ghostsam wheatpatrick swayzeditto - Imgflip

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • NiktoNikto Posts: 135
    My member number is 188XXX and I am from Melbourne.  

EV had 10c tickets in the lottery for both his solo tours and I missed out on tickets in both.  Had to get my tickets in one of the ticket pre-sales. I had awesome tickets in 2003 and 2006 third or fourth row center both times.  Decided against GA in 2009 which I regret.  2014 I can't remember how I brought my tickets but managed to work my way through the crowd to be a nice comfortable distance from the stage.  
    Melbourne: March 17 1995, March 18 1995, March 2 1998, February 18 2003, November 13 2006, November 20 2009, January 24 2014
    Ed Solo
    Melbourne: March 24 2011, February 16 2014
    Rumor is stadium tour Down Under in 2024.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,763
    Malroth said:
    DN36753 said:
    175 xxx Joined in 98 
    Image tagged in ghostsam wheatpatrick swayzeditto - Imgflip

+1
  • GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ Posts: 1,080
    demetrios said:
    Rumor is stadium tour Down Under in 2024.
    Yup!
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & 2, Las Vegas 1 & 2