2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    froggy bunnymanfroggy bunnyman Posts: 164
    edited November 2019
    And weird to go to London in between Vienna and Lodz too
    (regarding geography and kilometers)
    Post edited by froggy bunnyman on
    Still waiting for a gig in Paris (in a venue not a festival) since 2006...
    Spin, spin !!

Marseille + Paris 2006
    London + Werchter 2007
    Arras + Belfast 2010
    Arras 2012
    Paris Lollapalooza 2022
  • Options
    CB254133CB254133 Posts: 153
    And weird to go to London in between Vienna and Lodz too
    (regarding geography and kilometers)
    London will be one  the Hyde Park BST series of concerts, mot much PJ logistics required as the stage, lights etc will all be there.  So more than possible!!

In Dimi I Trust!!
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    edited November 2019
    Flying in to do a festival date on the other side of Europe is not a big issue for bands this size. They do not need their full gear. Stage, lights, PA will travel from Vienna to Lodz, while the band and the backline gear goes to London.

Compare this to for example System of a Down tour in June:  6/12 iDays Festival Milan, 6/14 Download Festival UK, 6/16 O2 Arena Prague. Even tighter schedule.

Besides, one of Dimi's earliest hints was "the tour isnt going  with the "logic" of travellin to the next close place......goes east and west and north and south and then east and west and east again,.etc...."

Post edited by mrk2 on
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    stonesstones Posts: 187
    edited November 2019
    weremin23 said:
    Cosimo82 said:
    peng said:
    not sure if this was posted here before (nice summary ;):
    http://pearljamnordic.net/?p=431

If this is correct, Pinkpop is 21.06. (only headliner slot left) which leaves 17.06. and/or 18.06. for Amsterdam...
    Based on hints ams will go after lolla paris
    Would be a change of pace for Amsterdam to get the tour closer as opposed to opening previous tours. 
    Just pure speculation on my part, but If Amsterdam is moved to the end of the tour, then does it put another UK date back in the mix as an option? Just based on the previous history of tours that usually start either in the UK or Netherlands.... Also last time they played Hyde Park they also played a 2nd UK date.

Manchester Arena is available  around the rumoured tour starting dates.
    Post edited by stones on
  • Options
    Looks like Werchter announcement coming on the week starting December 2nd.  (according to ken19, who seems to be in the know)
    https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/230017-rock-werchter-2020/page/39/#comments

225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    maxsiepmaxsiep Cologne - Germany Posts: 27
    Only all the guitars of Mike are a full truck to drive to UK;)
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    mrk2 said:
    Looks like Werchter announcement coming on the week starting December 2nd.  (according to ken19, who seems to be in the know)
    https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/230017-rock-werchter-2020/page/39/#comments

Haha is this guy mental?

"You don’t have to mention names of course, but are there some surprises on the horizon that will make the lineup less standard? The idea of FF, PJ and RHCP bores the hell out of me..."
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    Brisk. said:
    mrk2 said:

Haha is this guy mental?

"You don’t have to mention names of course, but are there some surprises on the horizon that will make the lineup less standard? The idea of FF, PJ and RHCP bores the hell out of me..."
    PJ has played there a ton.
  • Options
    lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    first announce for bst hyde park is little mix. i didnt even know their existence 😂😂
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • Options
    Brisk. said:
    mrk2 said:

Haha is this guy mental?

None of those bands are boring though.
  • Options
    Brisk. said:
    Brisk. said:
    mrk2 said:

Haha is this guy mental?

They would be if you aren’t a fan.  
  • Options
    SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    Brisk. said:
    Brisk. said:
    mrk2 said:

Haha is this guy mental?

PJ are the only exciting live one there. FF with their "we're gonna rock on until they chuck us off stage, but actually we need to go now because it's a midnight curfew" & lack of setlist variation is getting dull, RHCP do their standard 16 songs, jam + f'off. Musically are all great, though.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • Options
    exileexile Dublin Posts: 82

• Options

I took the comment that Pearl Jam has played Werchter every other year for practically a decade and the person wanted some new blood to headline.  Not necessarily saying that Pearl Jam was boring.  

Frankly, a lot of people would find Pearl Jam's set boring.  I'd get bored at a Neil Young concert.  I'd get bored at Clapton show I'm sure.  Great music but it isn't a style I'm as interested in right now.

• Options
    RATM Stockholm 26.6? PJ on the 27th. Damn. Sounds tempting. I assume its lolla for both
  • Options
    exile said:

Fake?
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    Could be, but people are saying it was on their IG for a few minutes. 
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 485
    exile said:

Fake?
    Think so.
  • Options
    That doesn’t look like a tour of a band that is gonna play shows the next few years.  They are a playing a few shows in a lot of regions.
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 581
    Dont think thats legir. Dublin is not in the uk.  also somerset is a region within england, not a specific city

2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Apone said:
    Dont think thats legir. Dublin is not in the uk.  also somerset is a region within england, not a specific city

This is normally done for festivals for us...Somerset is Glastonbury...If a band plays Download festival a t shirt will say 'Donington' on it etc etc.
    It doesn't say UK for Ireland, it says IE.
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • Options
    Brisk. said:
    Brisk. said:
    mrk2 said:

Haha is this guy mental?

PJ are the only exciting live one there. FF with their "we're gonna rock on until they chuck us off stage, but actually we need to go now because it's a midnight curfew" & lack of setlist variation is getting dull, RHCP do their standard 16 songs, jam + f'off. Musically are all great, though.
    Actually I used to Love FF, during the White Limo days they played 3 hour shows and sets were amazing. But now their latest stuff is shit and yea the show is a bit predictable but as a one off show all the bands are great. Never seen RHCP some how but their jams are so fucking sweet, top of my list of bands to see that I haven't yet. You could also argue PJ were also getting boring, especially at festivals  :D
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,265
    Brisk. said:
    Brisk. said:
    Brisk. said:
    mrk2 said:

Haha is this guy mental?

Actually I used to Love FF, during the White Limo days they played 3 hour shows and sets were amazing. But now their latest stuff is shit and yea the show is a bit predictable but as a one off show all the bands are great. Never seen RHCP some how but their jams are so fucking sweet, top of my list of bands to see that I haven't yet. You could also argue PJ were also getting boring, especially at festivals  :D
    I agree.  The Springsteen/PJ/Phish thing of playing different setlists every night.  It's rare.  Most bands (FF, Metallica, U2) have a fairly standard setlist and sub a few songs in/out every night.    Some bands are worth going to multiple shows, some are worth catching once a tour (or once every couple of tours).  FF might be the latter, but it's a pretty damn good show.  It's that it's not the kind of show one needs to see repeatedly.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Zod said:
    Brisk. said:
    Brisk. said:
    Brisk. said:
    mrk2 said:

Haha is this guy mental?

I agree.  The Springsteen/PJ/Phish thing of playing different setlists every night.  It's rare.  Most bands (FF, Metallica, U2) have a fairly standard setlist and sub a few songs in/out every night.    Some bands are worth going to multiple shows, some are worth catching once a tour (or once every couple of tours).  FF might be the latter, but it's a pretty damn good show.  It's that it's not the kind of show one needs to see repeatedly.
    Right.  It isn't right or wrong.   I saw FF and totally enjoyed the energy of it.   I don't need to see it four more times though. 
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    I wish the Prague and Berlin dates were certain as the travel to do Prague and Berlin is dirt cheap. I can fly from Manchester to Prague, train to Berlin and Flight back to Manchester for under £100 total.
    yeah me too - priced similar for lodz/budapest flights to Poland from N England also dirt cheap, as are the ones between Poland/Hungary and back to Leeds or Manchester 
    Love the name. Ill be coming from Newcastle and picking my mate up via Dewsbury mate
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,890
    From a very reliable source...the RATM poster is fake. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    damnaxedamnaxe Posts: 135
    must be. if any band plays "nürburg" which doesnt actually exist, I think they mean "nürburgring", which then means "rock am ring", they have to play also "Nürnberg", which is "rock im park".
  • Options
    lellopjlellopj Posts: 233

no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 304
    They are coming to Europe but that is a fake one.
  • Options
    lavilalavila Ireland Posts: 34
    lellopj said:

Can't wait!!!  :o