Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    @ dimitrispearljam:
    can you tell us how many shows are planned for Europe 2020?
  • Options
    tino_11 said:
    For those big venues and festival line ups you really needs to hope that 10c sell golden circle tickets. Otherwise it's a very long day hanging out at the front of the stage 
    Really hoping for this - Hyde Park 2010 was tough going....
  • Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195
    tino_11 said:
    For those big venues and festival line ups you really needs to hope that 10c sell golden circle tickets. Otherwise it's a very long day hanging out at the front of the stage 
    absolutely. no way am I standing at the front for hours for some folk to barge their way through at last minute. Gold circle or I'll enjoy it from a distance.
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,957
    VillagePJ said:
    tino_11 said:
    absolutely. no way am I standing at the front for hours for some folk to barge their way through at last minute. Gold circle or I'll enjoy it from a distance.
    Yeah, I held back a bit stone's side last time at Hyde Park and, looking at reviews of others, it was a good choice. We had great fans around us and there was a bit of a slope down so views were good. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 578
    Cosimo82 said:
    Imola gig is something that we can’t call festival, i m sure there will be 10c tickets for that gigs.

I would also ask: who reserved at cabin metro in copen?And who at the Danhostel(much cheaper)? At the momet i ve 2 nighst at the hostel  Danhostel

also: venue in wien? 
    We chose danhostel
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    Apone said:
    Cosimo82 said:
    Imola gig is something that we can’t call festival, i m sure there will be 10c tickets for that gigs.

I would also ask: who reserved at cabin metro in copen?And who at the Danhostel(much cheaper)? At the momet i ve 2 nighst at the hostel  Danhostel

We chose danhostel
    Cool! :) see u there!!
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 900
    We’ve got to wonder at this point why they don’t tour the US, especially a big election year. I’m guessing the euro tours are easy money and the travel times are minimal.
  • Options
    Cosimo82 said:
    Apone said:
    Cosimo82 said:

We chose danhostel
    Danhostel too. Seems it will be crowded with PJ fans
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Was hoping to see one of the upcoming Europe shows. I experienced sticker shock (2K- 2.5K Round trip PP) when checking flight prices from NJ to Amsterdam and Lodz. Are there any stops on the Europe tour that one can buy a lower priced flight to?  Thanks,  Andrew
  • Options
    WakefieldrobWakefieldrob Manchester 1 (2012), Leeds (2014), London 1 & 2 (2018) Posts: 13
    Drdeal said:
    Was hoping to see one of the upcoming Europe shows. I experienced sticker shock (2K- 2.5K Round trip PP) when checking flight prices from NJ to Amsterdam and Lodz. Are there any stops on the Europe tour that one can buy a lower priced flight to?  Thanks,  Andrew
    Not sure re cheapest to fly to from the states BUT check skyscanner from wherever it is to lodz, etc plenty of budget airlines in europe.  Lodz not particularly well served but easy on the train from Krakow, which is.  Ams v good connections, fairly reasonably priced, from all over europe, 
  • Options
    DaughterXDaughterX Germany Posts: 34
    Drdeal said:
    What about round trip flights with eurowings from/ to JFK or Newark to Berlin-Tegel? Costs about 1200 $ per person.
  • Options
    Ms0331Ms0331 United States Posts: 81
    Drdeal said:
    What about round trip flights with eurowings from/ to JFK or Newark to Berlin-Tegel? Costs about 1200 $ per person.

:)
    Try using google flights.  It searches all airline and booking websites for lowest cost.  I used it last year to fly out of JFK at a much lower rate than Philly or Baltimore airport.  
  • Options
    Drdeal said:
    Have a look on skyscanner. Roundtrip from jfk to london from 300€!! With norwegian, finnair or british airways!! It s really cheap! Then from london tou can reach any european city at reasonable price
  • Options
    OL289189 said:
    Cosimo82 said:
    Apone said:
    Cosimo82 said:

We chose danhostel
    Danhostel too. Seems it will be crowded with PJ fans

awesome!!! ;) 
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    Only way to get direct to Lodz Airport is by Ryanair from London (daily) or Dublin or East Midlands (less frequent)

Best option for others is to fly to Warsaw and then take a train or bus. It is only about 130 km
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 300
    Anyone have info when the Vienna gig will take placera? There's been some talk if PJ has a mini vacation after Imola or not...
  • Options
    Anyone have info when the Vienna gig will take placera? There's been some talk if PJ has a mini vacation after Imola or not...
    Yes, its weird that nobody is having in count any vacation in the last bets, It seems obvious to me that will be something after the first half of the tour but... who knows!? Only @dimitrispearljam can shed light on this ;)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon
    2019: EV Dublin
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Dimi seemed to rule out 8 and 9 july for vienna.  In my view that makes 7 july most likely, with the london show following on friday the 10 july or saturday 11 july.

The vienna show could also be fri 10 july, but this seems very unlikely as would severly hamper the schedule and we still have to fit the london show in somewere.

Please note tho this is a best guess at the moment.
    Post edited by Apone on
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 300
    alexfeba said:
    Anyone have info when the Vienna gig will take placera? There's been some talk if PJ has a mini vacation after Imola or not... Lo
    Yes, its weird that nobody is having in count any vacation in the last bets, It seems obvious to me that will be something after the first half of the tour but... who knows!? Only @dimitrispearljam can shed light on this ;)
    Last time they had four days off between Rome and Prague.
  • Options
    alexfeba said:
    Anyone have info when the Vienna gig will take placera? There's been some talk if PJ has a mini vacation after Imola or not... Lo
    That's why I cannot see the 8 of july in Vienna, the 9 well, could fit, but still looks complicated to me, just following my guts though
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon
    2019: EV Dublin
  • Options
    alexfeba said:
    Maybe that was not the plan though. It just happened.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    retroretro Posts: 116
    alexfeba said:
    And visited a friend in Sardinia. 
  • Options
    If I had a job where I only worked one month every two years I could probably make do without a vacation during that one month.

Just saying.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Is it possibel that they play at the Loreley in the near of Frankfurt? It's like the Waldbühne in Berlin, only smaller.
    And does anybody knows, if the Berlin date is fix or could it be 1 or 2 days later?
  • Options
    edited November 2019

TT111515 said:
    Is it possibel that they play at the Loreley in the near of Frankfurt? It's like the Waldbühne in Berlin, only smaller.
    And does anybody knows, if the Berlin date is fix or could it be 1 or 2 days later?
    We cannot say anything is 100%, only the main man on these boards will know for sure.

However berlin on the 25 june is something we are really confident in.  we think it is at waldbuhne and there are other shows booked there in the 23 and 24 june.  PJ have a confirmed gig at stockholm on 27, so 26 is very unlikely.

Gap for a possible 2nd german show appears to be on weekend of 20/21 june, but the very start of the tour is what we have least information on.
    Post edited by Apone on
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    kst said:
    If I had a job where I only worked one month every two years I could probably make do without a vacation during that one month.

Just saying.
    I’m seriously not being a jag off but don’t forget they spent a lot of time getting to where they are now like most of us have. They are no different than any other person in the same age range who already retired, put their time in, has a pension, IRA, 401k, whatever, and is now doing what they want. I’m the same age, retired after 30+ years and can do what I want now. Our only mistake was that following PJ around was part of the retirement plan.  But from 2013 till now it’s been a blast.
    Not enough, but we feel lucky we get anything at all. 

• Options
    Booked hotel in Vienna 7. july. 2 minutes walk from arena. Art Hotel Wien Statdhalle 4 stars 89 euro. 
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    Booked hotel in Vienna 7. july. 2 minutes walk from arena. Art Hotel Wien Statdhalle 4 stars 89 euro. 
    Same. Nothing beats a 2 minute walk to a hotel after a show. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Could we be less than 2 weeks from an announcement?