Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 271
    chiefnjk said:
    Dimi, is USA in spring 2020 the plan?
    no

OK, that kind of squashes the rumor about the west coast US arena hold in the spring.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,921
    chiefnjk said:
    no
    Sometimes the best path is the direction question and we get a direct answer. The simple "no" seems to poo poo this mornings rumor for the west coast arena hold. 

PJ to not tour until at least June, in Europe. Would you say this is accurate, Dimi? 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    rey said:
    chiefnjk said:
    no

OK, that kind of squashes the rumor about the west coast US arena hold in the spring.
     the plans changes,the booked tours unlikely...
    however.i have not a single info or even a maybe about spring tour.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    Aw man...

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Just seems like a lot of the North America stuff is in flux right now and not completely worked out yet. Nothing to worry about. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Just seems like a lot of the North America stuff is in flux right now and not completely worked out yet. Nothing to worry about. 
     i have no doubt they will tour usa next year..as i said alot of time ago,.,its election year,,the tour will be connected with that part.,.
    for fans like me that travel alot kinda sucks,cos other continents might pushed backed,..but its important elections for your country,and the band ,so i can respect that.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,921
     i have no doubt they will tour usa next year..as i said alot of time ago,.,its election year,,the tour will be connected with that part.,.
    for fans like me that travel alot kinda sucks,cos other continents might pushed backed,..but its important elections for your country,and the band ,so i can respect that.
    Truer words were never spoken. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    Have the Europe summer dates been pushed back?
  • Options
    chiefnjk said:
    Have the Europe summer dates been pushed back?
      europe is not connected with that
  • Options
    Footsteps416Footsteps416 Pa Posts: 33
    So they don’t like to tour in fall because of baseball.  Summer in U.K.  has to be spring in US.  Then winter for election time?  
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    Are there plans for a late Summer/Fall US Tour since there are no plans for US in Spring? 
  • Options
    reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 271
    edited October 2019
    bbiggs said:
    Are there plans for a late Summer/Fall US Tour since there are no plans for US in Spring? 

Well, election day in the U.S. is in the beginning of November so based on the above I would assume it will be some time prior to that.  Maybe in light of this year's election, Ed will back off on his no touring during the MLB playoffs/World Series rule.
    Post edited by rey on
  • Options
    MM20303MM20303 Jackson, WY Posts: 8
    rey said:
    chiefnjk said:
    no

As of yesterday, the date was still held at the arena in the late spring.  But as stated, they've had dates held previously, that haven't happened. Held and booked, two different animals. Keeping fingers crossed that we'll know more soon.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,540
    chiefnjk said:
    no
    I'm still trying to figure out  how we're getting our minds blown as i can't put this puzzle together.
  • Options
    Thanks @dimitrispearljam for any and all hints - much appreciated. 
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 485
    stones said:
    Other years was x2 on the plan and add second later. At the moment there is no x2
    I read this to mean for London there is a higher possibility of a UK festival date or outdoor show. On previous tours there is no x2 in London if there's a UK festival/outdoor show.  2010 - Hyde Park, 2012 - Isle of Wight, 2014 - Milton Keynes.

Good reading 
    Same is for Amsterdam. No second show probably means stadium or (more likely) Pinkpop. Or something crazy happend and there would be too many shows in the same area with AMS 2 because western Germany gets a show. Like EV solo.
  • Options
    GrifGrif Posts: 12
    It seems that Imola will be July 5th...
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    rey said:
    bbiggs said:

Well, election day in the U.S. is in the beginning of November so based on the above I would assume it will be some time prior to that.  Maybe in light of this year's election, Ed will back off on his no touring during the MLB playoffs/World Series rule.
    Exactly. So if we’re reading the tea leaves here, everything points to a limited run of US stadium shows. No US Spring dates planned (per Dimi). Europe very likely in June/July. That leaves August and September only, in lead up to the 2020 election. I’m ruling October out because I don’t believe Ed is willing to tour during the MLB postseason. 

Translation...2018 repeat with some added stadiums to the list. 
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    Grif said:

But that would be the same weekend as Werchter.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    ddeschler said:
    Grif said:

Both are festivals so they don't have to transport all their gear. Should be doable.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    ddeschler said:
    Grif said:

there is no problem .Werchter starts 2 july,ends 5th.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    Are there many shows scheduled after Imola?
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 295
    mrk2 said:
    From the current rumours Imola should be somewhere in the middle of the tour... For me the more interesting question is if they go north or southwards after Imola...?
  • Options
    mrk2 said:
    yes
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,728
    mrk2 said:
    yes
    Is that a confirmation of this show and date
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,220
    Did Dimi imply stadiums? No. Could be yes could be no.

But if they're looking for multiple cities to promote their new music, they have yet to invest in stadium infrastructure to move quickly from city to city (multiple stage setups, etc)

With a new album, the goal might be to land in as many cities as possible, basically the opposite of their 2018 approach which was to give the US fans "something" before an extended 22 month hiatus from touring.

Did Dimi say it's very possible Ed may want to tour the states right before the election ? Yes.

Did Dimi imply Euro festivals are likely? Yes.

Did Dimi imply spring touring is  unlikely? Yes.

Given its unlikely the potential new release is out before the late spring, this implied timeline makes some sense. 
  • Options
    British Summer Time show at Hyde Park would be a good call for a UK outdoor show. Usually mid July.
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 496
    edited October 2019
    DELETED
    Post edited by wsimon74 on
  • Options
    SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    wsimon74 said:
    Am I the only one that missed this or is an old performance?  .... https://www.facebook.com/radioterroniarock/
    Lollapalooza Brazil 2013
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 496
    wsimon74 said:
    Am I the only one that missed this or is an old performance?  .... https://www.facebook.com/radioterroniarock/
    Lollapalooza Brazil 2013
    Gotcha, thanks!