Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    Kusy said:
    Texico said:
    Kusy said:
    Was at the Gliwice Arena in Poland on Friday.
    Spectacular place! It would be nice to have PJ there (or somewhere else in Poland)...
    @dimitrispearljam Dimi, I have a plan to do 6 PJ's in 2020 - AMS x2. Berlin (maybe two shows?), Poland, Austria - will I be good? 
    ‘there is no x 2 on the plan’
    There always are 'no x2' but they add it later. It's all matter of the dates, if there is a gap they will add a show.
    Dimitris said “plan”. i think he is implying that in other tours he knew the plan was to have two shows in a city all along, but here I think he is saying there is no talk of having two shows in a city.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,822
    edited October 2019
    Really curious with the hint that there are other places in Poland to play and also if they are playing somewhere else in Poland if that fits with the spicy trio. 
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 928
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the dates. If they skip ireland I'd love to go to Italy or Scandinavia 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Other years was x2 on the plan and add second later. At the moment there is no x2
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Lets hope we see Pearl Jam in 2020 at this site;);)
  • Options
    Where is that ?
  • Options

Has anyone ever looked into chartering flights for tours?  I see two main problems:  (1) Cost; (2) Making sure to fill the flight and not getting stuck with cancelations.   Trains are part of the fun of Europe but airports suck.   

• Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990

Has anyone ever looked into chartering flights for tours?  I see two main problems:  (1) Cost; (2) Making sure to fill the flight and not getting stuck with cancelations.   Trains are part of the fun of Europe but airports suck.   

It’s not overwhelming domestically.  I never researched internationally.
  • Options
    Festivalpark Werchter
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911
    I m playing around with airfare to Europe next summer and god damn it is freaking expensive !
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    mcgruff10 said:
    I m playing around with airfare to Europe next summer and god damn it is freaking expensive !
    Try Norwegian... NY-London for 250 bucks
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's become outrageous.  Unless it's April/May, I'm probably done with Europe.  June-August is outrageous $$$
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    I’ve seen about 715 from So Cal. Not terrible. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019

I expect to pay $1100 to $1400 because there is only one direct Euro flight out of my airport.  Anything under $1,000 is a great price in my mind, under $1500 is reasonable for leaving your house and 10 hours later stepping foot on another continent, and then over $1500 is getting expensive. 

Can't wait to plan this thing.  I hope we get news before Thanksgiving. 

• Options
    jmug23 said:
    I’ve seen about 715 from So Cal. Not terrible. 
    Yeah, might not be terrible right now, but by the time they announce the headline shows, it got crazy the last couple years (went to Barcelona in 2018 and Amsterdam this year). Brutal.
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    I'm in the UK and it worked out cheaper to fly to Amsterdam and stay there than get to London and get a cheap hotel.
  • Options
    RE658041RE658041 Sweden Posts: 401
    Will they come to Sweden?
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    First two weeks of June I can fly out of O Hare direct to Amsterdam for under $1000. I’d be in for that if only I had some tour dates. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,822
    I got the fever lets get some shows announced! @mcgruff10 use those airmiles! 
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,526
    PJNB said:
    I got the fever lets get some shows announced! @mcgruff10 use those airmiles! 
    Do it!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Dude it's a shit load of miles!!!!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    “I can’t wait to use my air miles to fly to Topeka!” - said no one ever.

You won’t regret going to Europe to see Pearl Jam and vacation in Europe at the same time.  Leave some food out for the kids and get over there.  
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,804
    @mcgruff10 hop you got a cancel insurance on that trip to VT. Those kids don't need a trip quit yet. Take em' in 2021!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,526
    mcgruff10 said:
    Once in a lifetime experience.. ask @PJNB..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982

I work with corporate jets...You have to ask yourself this one question: How many thousands of dollars per flight hour are you willing to spend?
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    MM20303MM20303 Jackson, WY Posts: 8
    Higher up at a US arena in the west (was asked not to say where exactly), confirmed to me a spring date, held for PJ. That being said, they've had other dates held over the last few years that didn't come to fruition. So...we'll see.
  • Options
    stonesstones Posts: 187
    Other years was x2 on the plan and add second later. At the moment there is no x2
    I read this to mean for London there is a higher possibility of a UK festival date or outdoor show. On previous tours there is no x2 in London if there's a UK festival/outdoor show.  2010 - Hyde Park, 2012 - Isle of Wight, 2014 - Milton Keynes.

• Options
    MM20303 said:
    Higher up at a US arena in the west (was asked not to say where exactly), confirmed to me a spring date, held for PJ. That being said, they've had other dates held over the last few years that didn't come to fruition. So...we'll see.
    Very cool! Thanks for sharing this!
  • Options
    MM20303 said:
    Nice!!
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,804
    mcgruff10 said:
    MM20303 said:
    Nice!!
    That’s a nice little rumour to start the day.  Thanks for sharing 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....????