Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 918
    they just toured Europe last year, WTF!. No legit tour here, USA, since 2016?? A couple stadium shows is not a tour by a long shot imo. Just sucks. EU gets another PJ tour AND EV tour this fricken year. Lame
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    ddeschler said:
    Ed said during the '18 Prague show what a great time the band's families were having in Europe.  Being able to take your family to Europe for a few weeks, in the summer, and play some shows while you're there, is quite attractive (magical even).  There is plenty of time to play the US in the fall, if they want to.
     ι never listen what the band ,eddie say on stage,,the only thing i listen is when promoters do offers to bring the band for tour,,thats the only thing matters!!!
    this is true. most front-men say very complimentary things on stage towards the crowd, most of which is just that. every time I hear a band say "see ya next year", I know there's nothing planned. they just say that to keep people engaged after the show is done. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,892
    ddeschler said:
    Ed said during the '18 Prague show what a great time the band's families were having in Europe.  Being able to take your family to Europe for a few weeks, in the summer, and play some shows while you're there, is quite attractive (magical even).  There is plenty of time to play the US in the fall, if they want to.
     ι never listen what the band ,eddie say on stage,,the only thing i listen is when promoters do offers to bring the band for tour,,thats the only thing matters!!!
    this is true. most front-men say very complimentary things on stage towards the crowd, most of which is just that. every time I hear a band say "see ya next year", I know there's nothing planned. they just say that to keep people engaged after the show is done. 
    "We'll never not play Boise again."  Ed Vedder, Boise 2000
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    Regardless of what Ed says on stage, based on the fact that he goes there every year, it’s easy to infer that he enjoys Europe a lot. 
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    mcgruff10 said:
    ddeschler said:
    "We'll never not play Boise again."  Ed Vedder, Boise 2000
    Hahahaha
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 300
    Poland would be a great trip, but I still hope they do Stockholm...and maybe Stockholm and Gdansk in a row.
  • Options
    Kurt Brutus BaconKurt Brutus Bacon Posts: 77
    edited October 2019
    Poland would be a great trip, but I still hope they do Stockholm...and maybe Stockholm and Gdansk in a row.
    Post edited by Kurt Brutus Bacon on
    Roskilde 2000, Barcelona 2006, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, London 2010, Arras 2010, Berlin x 2 2012, Stockholm 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Seattle 2013, Stockholm 2014, Boston x 2 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Budapest 2022
  • Options
    stonesstones Posts: 187
    The Fenway Sports Group (FSG) own Liverpool FC, and have been looking to gain extra revenues from the stadium (Anfield) when it's not in use in the same way as they do at Fenway.  Last year they had Pink, Bon Jovi and Take That concerts in June/July.  There will be more this summer and they already have commercial relationships with PJ from the Fenway shows.

Possibility maybe??
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,437
    ddeschler said:
    Regardless of what Ed says on stage, based on the fact that he goes there every year, it’s easy to infer that he enjoys Europe a lot. 
    Ed has some spinal tap-ish banter that makes me smile when I hear it.  It’s cool and you can’t take it too seriously.  My favorite is when he compliments the venue and how nice it is and then tells everyone to relax and get comfortable because they’re going to be here a long while.  Which makes the crowd go wild because they think they’re getting an extra long set when in reality you’re getting pretty much the same set length that every other show gets.  I’ve heard him say it so many times that it’s a running joke between me and my ticket buddy.  We get disappointed if he doesn’t say it. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    ddeschler said:
    Ed has some spinal tap-ish banter that makes me smile when I hear it.  It’s cool and you can’t take it too seriously.  My favorite is when he compliments the venue and how nice it is and then tells everyone to relax and get comfortable because they’re going to be here a long while.  Which makes the crowd go wild because they think they’re getting an extra long set when in reality you’re getting pretty much the same set length that every other show gets.  I’ve heard him say it so many times that it’s a running joke between me and my ticket buddy.  We get disappointed if he doesn’t say it. 
    HELLO CLEVELAND!
  • Options
    pjrusspjruss Posts: 456
    stones said:
    The Fenway Sports Group (FSG) own Liverpool FC, and have been looking to gain extra revenues from the stadium (Anfield) when it's not in use in the same way as they do at Fenway.  Last year they had Pink, Bon Jovi and Take That concerts in June/July.  There will be more this summer and they already have commercial relationships with PJ from the Fenway shows.

Possibility maybe??
    I don’t know if it’s possible, but as a huge LFC fan, that would be amazing. I would def make the trip over for it. 
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    Sweden is not very good for concerts. Personally i'll hope they'll focus on Denmark.
    Why do you say that about Sweden? I'd love to go there for an "In Flames" concert one day. (I'd need a passport first)
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Album in March, US arena shows in April/May, Europe in June, a few US ballpark and festival dates in August/September, and then Australia in November. 
       thats not the plan 
    I really think you're in the right direction with EU can't say the same for au😂
    Dimi few people here in Italy are close to some other people ecc. They are pretty sure there'll be more than a single show 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    stones said:

Possibility maybe??
    That is an interesting theory. There is certainly a logic to it. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 270
    jmug23 said:
    Are you able to say if U.S tour is before or after summer Europe tour? Thanks. 
     what europe tour?hehehehe

Does the hehehe imply sarcasm?
  • Options
    LinhasportLinhasport Porto - Portugal Posts: 61
    stones said:

Possibility maybe??
    Anfield road + PJ, that seems to be a well worth trip to UK (before the brexit)
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,694
    stones said:

Possibility maybe??
    As a United fan, please no Anfield.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 300
    Kearn5y said:
    stones said:

Possibility maybe??
    As a United fan, please no Anfield.
    Hear hear!!!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    rey said:
    jmug23 said:
    Are you able to say if U.S tour is before or after summer Europe tour? Thanks. 
     what europe tour?hehehehe

Does the hehehe imply sarcasm?
    Its just his Speedy imitation.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Kurt Brutus BaconKurt Brutus Bacon Posts: 77
    edited October 2019
    JM144705 said:
    Sweden is not very good for concerts. Personally i'll hope they'll focus on Denmark.
    Why do you say that about Sweden? I'd love to go there for an "In Flames" concert one day. (I'd need a passport first)
    Post edited by Kurt Brutus Bacon on
    Roskilde 2000, Barcelona 2006, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, London 2010, Arras 2010, Berlin x 2 2012, Stockholm 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Seattle 2013, Stockholm 2014, Boston x 2 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Budapest 2022
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    The show at the Globen Arena in 2012 was rather decent.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    mrk2 said:
    Was good but they don’t play there in 2020
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 483
    mrk2 said:
    Cough. Lollapalooza. Cough cough. (Just guessing.)
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,938
    Congrats to all those in Europe and to those that will be traveling over there.  Fingers crossed for some US news!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    Is 2020 setting up to be just like 2018 with Europe in the summer and US stadiums thereafter?
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,938
    chiefnjk said:
    Is 2020 setting up to be just like 2018 with Europe in the summer and US stadiums thereafter?
    Thats what I'm wondering too.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JackD. said:
    mrk2 said:
    Cough. Lollapalooza. Cough cough. (Just guessing.)
    Its Lolla in Stockholm and Paris. Maybe they play both? 
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    chiefnjk said:
    That would be awful
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,773
    chiefnjk said:
    That's the way it seems. Maybe some sheds announced for October dates after the stadiums sell out?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory