2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    Here come the stadium announcements for next year.  Tickets being sold 11 months in advance.
    Green Day - Weezer - Fall Out Boy - August 13 - Wrigley

Only thing that is more annoying than stadium shows, is having to buy tickets so insanely early. 
    Holy crap, they're doing all giant baseball stadiums.  Bad sign for PJ if this is the trend.

If the trend is PJ playing shows, then so be it. Just play shows. Anywhere.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    RP112579 said:

Yep. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    Here come the stadium announcements for next year.  Tickets being sold 11 months in advance.

Only thing that is more annoying than stadium shows, is having to buy tickets so insanely early. 
    Holy crap, they're doing all giant baseball stadiums.  Bad sign for PJ if this is the trend.

Even the 3 of them together, kind of surprised it would sell enough for stadiums 
    100% they can do it.  Weezer pretty much sold out MSG with the Pixies.  Added Green Day and FOB it's a 35K avg per show sold so even if they dont sell out thats the size they need to play.  priced right they can sell out. 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    RP112579 said:

Sure, this just makes it much harder/more expensive to do a stretch of shows compared to arenas.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,766
    MayDay10 said:

ugh.  Awful.  

If that is what it looks like, I probably will choose to punt.  I dunno.  It just felt like going to ballpark shows was just another 'feather in the cap' and I was just going through the motions to check off another show.  It didnt really feel like a PJ concert.
    Playing PNC park in Pittsburgh on August 15th.
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    edited September 2019
    Alright, let's look at the Fenway possibilities.  Assuming over the weekend with a day off in between. So, it's either Fri-Sun or Sat-Mon, we have.........
    June 19th-22nd 
    July 17th-20th
    **Aug 7th-9th 
    Aug 21st-24th
    **Aug 28th-30th 
    Sept 18th-21st

**would have to be a Fri/Sun show, but with game on Monday, probably doubtful

Still, lots of availability there.  But I'm still hoping it'll be arenas
    Post edited by CantKeepmedown on
  • Wild if they only play baseball stadiums again. Such little interest at this point... we are long overdue for arena shows at this point.

Oh well, maybe 2021.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    Mike D88 said:
    I'm not white enough to leave the country and guarantee I can get back in.
    Same here. I actually was harassed by CBP in 2018 when I got back from shows in Barcelona/London/Italy.  I'd prefer to not go through that again.
    I’m so sorry you endured this.  Very sad.
    Thank you. It's important that people know this is happening. I was born here to legal parents and even have Global Entry/pre-check--didnt matter. Only suspicion was that I'm brown. We're at their mercy. 

Narrow minded people don’t even realize that we all came from Africa. Nothing more satisfying than telling a room full of racists they’re actually black when you explain the migration of humans. 
    There are a lot of us out there who know what’s happening and care. I just don’t know if or when it will change because it seems to get worse.
    Well said cock block 4 life.
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    edited September 2019
    Aug. 8 & 10 (Saturday/Monday) at Wrigley looks like a pretty good guess.

Maybe US/Can arenas in April-May (primarily west coast); Euro dates/fests in June-July; US/Can stadiums in August-September. Basically 3 legs of about 10 shows each, with roughly 3-4 week breaks in between legs.

It seems unlikely that PJ would follow the exact same routing as those GD/FOB/Weezer stadium shows, but at the same time don't these stadiums usually try to bunch some shows together since they have the stage setup? If you look at just the August dates of that GD/FOB/Weezer tour (starting in mid-August), they are all midwest/east coast dates. We know Target Field has been rumored for PJ, Wrigley and Fenway are all but givens, etc. So it's at least possible there could be some overlap there. Probably more likely that PJ would spread its stadium shows out a bit like they did in 2018. Something like Target Field (MN), Wrigley (x2), Toronto, Boston (x2), NYC (x2), Philly (x2).
    Post edited by chiefnjk on
  • Wish they would do what The Hold Steady has been doing lately... three night residencies in various cities.  Instead of playing two nights at Citi Field, Pearl Jam could play six nights at MSG.  
  • D-Rod said:

@D-Rod
    you guessing or have intel?
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    verceman said:
    D-Rod said:

@D-Rod
    That's the green day show. Confused me too at first. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,879
    chiefnjk said:

Maybe US/Can arenas in April-May (primarily west coast); Euro dates/fests in June-July; US/Can stadiums in August-September. Basically 3 legs of about 10 shows each, with roughly 3-4 week breaks in between legs.

It seems unlikely that PJ would follow the exact same routing as those GD/FOB/Weezer stadium shows, but at the same time don't these stadiums usually try to bunch some shows together since they have the stage setup? If you look at just the August dates of that GD/FOB/Weezer tour (starting in mid-August), they are all midwest/east coast dates. We know Target Field has been rumored for PJ, Wrigley and Fenway are all but givens, etc. So it's at least possible there could be some overlap there. Probably more likely that PJ would spread its stadium shows out a bit like they did in 2018. Something like Target Field (MN), Wrigley (x2), Toronto, Boston (x2), NYC (x2), Philly (x2).
    And somewhere way back in this thread a few weeks ago I alluded to some info I had been given related to a meeting in MN regarding PJ...
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    verceman said:
    D-Rod said:

@D-Rod
    @D-Rod =)
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,618
    JimmyV said:
    RP112579 said:

Yep. 
    ^^^
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    jwhjr17 said:
    chiefnjk said:

And somewhere way back in this thread a few weeks ago I alluded to some info I had been given related to a meeting in MN regarding PJ...
    I'll admit...I hope this had something to do with the album more than a show.

• ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    The night off between shows makes travel much more expensive. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,766
    verceman said:
    D-Rod said:

@D-Rod
    @D-Rod =)
    Sorry for the confusion,  It was the Green Day show.   Ever since I was referenced on Alt Nation i have been inundated with autographs and interview requests.  My head is swelling up to the point where it won't fit through my front door.   
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
    ComeToTX said:
    The night off between shows makes travel much more expensive. 
    Yeah it does. We ended up only doing Seattle 2 in part for that reason.

• LizJLizJ Posts: 334
    chiefnjk said:

I am hoping for Europe. But someone on the board mentioned that Eddie said on his last European Tour that he wants to be home on Olivia’s 16 th Birthday. I think that’s in June. So my guess is that they won’t be that far away from home around June.
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    Does anyone have any actual reliable intel or are we just “guessing” that it will be another ballpark tour?  People are really reaching here with all this noise.  
    vedpunk said:
    Does anyone have any actual reliable intel or are we just “guessing” that it will be another ballpark tour?  People are really reaching here with all this noise.  
    That's what we do here. But, earlier there were some Chicago radio DJ's pretty convinced Wrigley was a go for 2020. 

• vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    I know but don’t kill my “arena tour buzz” ;)
  • SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 914
    edited September 2019
    I think it would be very different if they did a full ball park tour. The Cubs and Red Sox, great teams,  great franchises. But theres 30 major ballparks in the U.S./Canada alone, and of course all of them are in major cities.....

Instead, it sounds like Fenway and Wrigley will be every other summer until the band just fades away..."Oh Pearl Jam just announced a 'tour', see you in Boston and Chicago............ again." Not even the Grateful Dead kept it that bland....
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    edited September 2019
    JP218404 said:
    The Anti Trump tour. They will be playing swing states and more throughout 2020.  New record/ song  in November. 

Promise a show to any state that voted Trump in 2016 that turns blue this time if Trump is voted out.

This could help Ed keep the on stage politicking to a minimum since its results based. 
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
    JP218404 said:
    The Anti Trump tour. They will be playing swing states and more throughout 2020.  New record/ song  in November. 

Promise a show to any state that voted Trump that turns blue this time if Trump is voted out.

This could help Ed keep the on stage politicking to a minimum. 
    This I could get behind.

100 Pacer said:
    Never understood the hate for ballpark shows. Everyone involved has a great time and there are always plenty of surprises. Not to mention the city overrun with more PJ fans than you’d typically see. They’ll be plenty of options next year but stadiums every couple of years is a niche this band thrives in.

It's a decent idea if they build up a good stadium light show with much much larger color screens spread throughout the venue. Also if they do stadiums again they should have a random ticket draw comparable to GA shows (if they play no GA venues again like fenway).

And of course avoid obstructed view ancient stadia  ;)

JimmyV said:
    Noload said:
    JimmyV said:
    Meh. States that can't get their shit together well enough not to vote for Trump shouldn't be rewarded. 
    They have fans that didn't vote for Trump in every state. If they want to screen their destinations based on red/blue, that's their choice obviously, but I give them more credit than to make that the litmus for show locations.  
    I don't disagree at all. I guess I should have said, "States that can't get their shit together well enough not to vote for Trump shouldn't be rewarded because of that."

The band is going to play where the band is going to play, and I doubt red/blue is really much of a consideration. 

The country has changed drastically since 2013/14 (the last full tour) and I wonder if progressives like some in this band are starting to feel honestly uncomfortable in solid red states. For example open carry laws do make some of us blue staters VERY uncomfortable. 

(BTW the above comment is not about politics)
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    JimmyV said:
    Noload said:
    JimmyV said:
    Meh. States that can't get their shit together well enough not to vote for Trump shouldn't be rewarded. 
    They have fans that didn't vote for Trump in every state. If they want to screen their destinations based on red/blue, that's their choice obviously, but I give them more credit than to make that the litmus for show locations.  
    I don't disagree at all. I guess I should have said, "States that can't get their shit together well enough not to vote for Trump shouldn't be rewarded because of that."

The band is going to play where the band is going to play, and I doubt red/blue is really much of a consideration. 

The country has changed drastically since 2013/14 (the last full tour) and I wonder if progressives like some in this band are starting to feel honestly uncomfortable in solid red states. For example open carry laws do make some of us blue staters VERY uncomfortable. 

(BTW the above comment is not about politics)
    The last time I saw a show in Nashville (2003), there was a delay in getting into the venue. I asked a cop if he knew why there was a delay, and the guy said, "Well that sonofabitch singer was killing a doll of the president on stage during his last show, so now there is a bomb threat."

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Ugh, I go back to school/work August 10. So knowing my luck, this will be the show (it has happened almost every time they played Wrgley)