Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,756
    RS65573 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    After Wrigley 2013...never again. 
    After Wrigley 2018, never again either.  The diminished concert experience just wasnt worth the money, travel, time off, etc.  
    Im happy I saw rain in the rain from miles away in 18, but id not do it again. Seats or im out. Id do fenway just because my number gets me nice and close.
    Need a concert buddy?  :lol:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    The Anti Trump tour. They will be playing swing states and more throughout 2020.  New record/ song  in November. 

Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    JP218404 said:
    The Anti Trump tour. They will be playing swing states and more throughout 2020.  New record/ song  in November.
    Pretty much the only thing that can get me through next year.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    Meh. States that can't get their shit together well enough not to vote for Trump shouldn't be rewarded. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,506
    Never understood the hate for ballpark shows. Everyone involved has a great time and there are always plenty of surprises. Not to mention the city overrun with more PJ fans than you’d typically see. They’ll be plenty of options next year but stadiums every couple of years is a niche this band thrives in.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    Never understood the hate for ballpark shows. Everyone involved has a great time and there are always plenty of surprises. Not to mention the city overrun with more PJ fans than you’d typically see. They’ll be plenty of options next year but stadiums every couple of years is a niche this band thrives in.
    Absolutely agreed. They become like mini fan conventions. Wrigley 2013 and Seattle 2018 felt like we had taken over both cities. 

• Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    JimmyV said:
    Meh. States that can't get their shit together well enough not to vote for Trump shouldn't be rewarded. 
    They have fans that didn't vote for Trump in every state. If they want to screen their destinations based on red/blue, that's their choice obviously, but I give them more credit than to make that the litmus for show locations.  
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    Looking for ride for “red rocks/mt. Rushmore/gorge” leg

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    Noload said:
    JimmyV said:
    They have fans that didn't vote for Trump in every state. If they want to screen their destinations based on red/blue, that's their choice obviously, but I give them more credit than to make that the litmus for show locations.  
    I don't disagree at all. I guess I should have said, "States that can't get their shit together well enough not to vote for Trump shouldn't be rewarded because of that."

The band is going to play where the band is going to play, and I doubt red/blue is really much of a consideration. 

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,258
    JimmyV said:
    Darn. I guess no Philly shows. 

What a bunch of nonsense. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Darn. I guess no Philly shows. 

What a bunch of nonsense. 
    I think Philly will be OK.

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    edited September 2019
    100 Pacer said:
    I am a mile and a half away and the sound quality is diminished, if not distorted at times.  Unless I go into a giant GA pit with all sorts of competition for personal space.  The whole scene is very open-air and the very opposite of 'intimate'.  From a $200? seat last year, I couldn't even see Mike 70% of the time as he was blocked by the rigging/stage, and couldnt see the drum kit at all.  Had to watch on the screen for the most part. 

The venues themselves (like Wrigley) arent designed for that many humans.  Everything is packed and uncomfortable, whether its the streets around the stadium, gates to get in, or the concourses.  

The weather uncertainty, with the urgency of lots of $$$ spent for travel.

The merch conventions blown up.  4-6 posters for the show(s).  I realize we get this with more conventional shows, but with these ballpark shows the merch thing is injected with roids.  

And yes, a Pearl Jam concert is still a concert.  But for me, to take multiple days off of work, pay money for flights, beg parents or in-laws to watch the kids for a few days, board the dog, pay for hotel room, etc, the ballpark show is not enough of a payoff of a concert experience.  There is a lot of alternative things I would rather do with that currency than see a ballpark show.  
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    JimmyV said:
    rewarded?  doucheknuckle WON those states.  more reason for them to go into PA, MI, Ohio, Florida, Carolinas.  Tie in voter registration, etc
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,058
    MayDay10 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    I am a mile and a half away and the sound quality is diminished, if not distorted at times.  Unless I go into a giant GA pit with all sorts of competition for personal space.  The whole scene is very open-air and the very opposite of 'intimate'.  From a $200? seat last year, I couldn't even see Mike 70% of the time as he was blocked by the rigging/stage, and couldnt see the drum kit at all.  Had to watch on the screen for the most part. 

The venues themselves (like Wrigley) arent designed for that many humans.  Everything is packed and uncomfortable, whether its the streets around the stadium, gates to get in, or the concourses.  

The weather uncertainty, with the urgency of lots of $$$ spent for travel.

The merch conventions blown up.  4-6 posters for the show(s).  I realize we get this with more conventional shows, but with these ballpark shows the merch thing is injected with roids.  

And yes, a Pearl Jam concert is still a concert.  But for me, to take multiple days off of work, pay money for flights, beg parents or in-laws to watch the kids for a few days, board the dog, pay for hotel room, etc, the ballpark show is not enough of a payoff of a concert experience.  There is a lot of alternative things I would rather do with that currency than see a ballpark show.  
    Yeah, I'm pretty much with you. If they play Fenway again, I'll go, but I'm definitely ready to get back to arena shows. I'm happy it was all reserved seating, though. GA would make it a tougher call.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,561
    Don’t blame the large cities in Texas for the rural voters that keep electing morons. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    I know this makes me public enemy number 1 in this place but a return to Hyde Park for the 10th anniversary of the first time they played there would be great.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • Options
    I know this makes me public enemy number 1 in this place but a return to Hyde Park for the 10th anniversary of the first time they played there would be great.
    Public Enemy #1? I don't even think that puts you on the Ten Most Wanted List.

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,442
    July and August dates, please. May and June suck for my schedule. :)

And arenas, not stadiums. 

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Vedd Hedd said:
    July and August dates, please. May and June suck for my schedule. :)

And arenas, not stadiums. 

Memorial Day to Labor Day. Something for everybody.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,896
    Yeah, I'm not going to NOT go to Fenway, should it happen.  But given the choice between a couple shows at TD Garden and Hartford, I'm picking the latter every time.  
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Can someone write the quote, you can only listen if you in USA.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,745
    edited September 2019
    Brisk. said:
    Can someone write the quote, you can only listen if you in USA.
    They were just talking about it casually as if it was well known. 
    "They will be back at Wrigley next year" "Next Season"

I could listen to it btw in Canada. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    Could it be that they signed a multi-year agreement with shows in 2016, 2018 and (at least) 2020?

• Options
    Here come the stadium announcements for next year.  Tickets being sold 11 months in advance.
    Green Day - Weezer - Fall Out Boy - August 13 - Wrigley

Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Here come the stadium announcements for next year.  Tickets being sold 11 months in advance.

Only thing that is more annoying than stadium shows, is having to buy tickets so insanely early. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 650

Well theres one weekend gone.  As for the lineup of this one the interrupters should be a headliner imo
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Only thing that is more annoying than stadium shows, is having to buy tickets so insanely early. 
    Holy crap, they're doing all giant baseball stadiums.  Bad sign for PJ if this is the trend.

Post edited by given2fly23 on
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 299
    Prague 2018 was phenomenal in part that it was an arena.  Even though a big place it still has a much better atmosphere than a stadium.  
    Absolutely! That was my first ever PJ show after 27 frickin' years...and it was mindblowing. I never thought that an arena show could be intimate, but Prague 2018 pulled it off.
    As much as I like travelling for gigs, I shure hope they'll do the Nordic countries on the next Euro tour...they completely got overseen in 2018.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611

Holy crap, they're doing all giant baseball stadiums.  Bad sign for PJ if this is the trend.

ugh.  Awful.  

If that is what it looks like, I probably will choose to punt.  I dunno.  It just felt like going to ballpark shows was just another 'feather in the cap' and I was just going through the motions to check off another show.  It didnt really feel like a PJ concert.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

Even the 3 of them together, kind of surprised it would sell enough for stadiums 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...