'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows'

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    New system isn't super good  how do they make sure its on your specific phone?  no way they check ID at the door for 50K people?  plus i am not a scalper but if me and my buddy both entered and won we would find people in 10 club and sell them at face.  that way we double our entries into the lottery. this way only one of us can enter or else run the risk of buying extra seats we can't get to other fans.  BOO
    your double winning would prevent a fan from winning the lottery.  i suspect this policy is in place to prevent people from multiplying their lottery chances 
  • choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    New system isn't super good.  how do they make sure its on your specific phone?  no way they check ID at the door for 50K people?  plus i am not a scalper but if me and my buddy both entered and won we would find people in 10 club and sell them at face.  that way we double our entries into the lottery. this way only one of us can enter or else run the risk of buying extra seats we can't get to other fans.  BOO
    They are saying they expect to accommodate all entries. Just enter once, not twice. Problem solved. 
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    Awsome! What a great year 2018 is turning out to be! For PJ fans anyway :)
    These shows will have been worth the wait.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    choop said:
    New system isn't super good.  how do they make sure its on your specific phone?  no way they check ID at the door for 50K people?  plus i am not a scalper but if me and my buddy both entered and won we would find people in 10 club and sell them at face.  that way we double our entries into the lottery. this way only one of us can enter or else run the risk of buying extra seats we can't get to other fans.  BOO
    They are saying they expect to accommodate all entries. Just enter once, not twice. Problem solved. 
    Good advice.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Jbarker said:
    I'm still waiting for something closer to home. Maybe next year. 
  • Really, Boston and Chicago AGAIN? What does it take to get them to California? I'm hoping these are not the last of these Away dates. 
  • PJ_Soul said:
    choop said:
    Good advice.
    Also we can monitor the odds to give us an idea if this true or not.  Won't be exact since you can enter most cities twice (GA or seats) but only win once.  
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    demetrios said:
    Jbarker said:
    2005 all over again in 2019 !!!!
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    More YAY!!!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• varty yovarty yo Posts: 105
    Booked a room in missoula on monday close to teh stadium!!!
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Jbarker said:
    demetrios said:
    Jbarker said:
    2005 all over again in 2019 !!!!
    Yes please! A show or two in Atlantic Canada would be sweet! Though I wouldn't mind a drive down to Maine with my car to see Pearl Jam someday. 
  • Same places every year. Sucks not to live in Chicago, Boston or Seattle I guess.
    Really? What´s left for the rest of PJ fans who don´t live even near the US or Europe for that matter.
    At least you have a chance to see them play almost every year.
    If we can´t afford to go see them this time, can we be just happy that they are back on the road? :peace:

• ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    edited January 2018
    choop said:
    Sort of.   Unless your gunning for GA.  Then there's all sort of strategies with two memberships, because GA tickets don't really make it past round 1.

The thing with Seattle is they say they have lots of tickets.  My brain has thought of all sorts of strategies.

1)  We repeat Wrigley 16 and both go GA/Reserved for our respective shows.  We use her's on the weekday show (probably lower demand) and mine for the Friday show (probably higher demand).  Greater chance of missing GA and overflowing to reserved for the Friday show, so at least it would be my 1998 fan club seniority with ticket location. 

2) I forgo GA for night 1, and try to get all the tickets under my membership.  GA2/Reserved 2/reserved 1.  Making it impossible to get GA for both nights, but insuring our tickets don't suck for night 1 (she's only been in the 10c for a few years).  This assumes 10c is accurately measuring demand.   It could backfire if they underestimated and there's no tickets left in round 3.

3) We both go for GA/Reserved for our respective nights, but I still tack on Reserved Night 1 as my 3rd pref.   Has the negative side effect of possibly causing a duplicate ticket.  Seems impossible to sell a pair to another 10c'er, would have to eat it.. ugh.

4)  If the 10c is right that there's more than enough tickets to go around.  I could get my wife to put in GA only (not reserved for 2nd pref) and put mine in as GA2/Reserved 2/Reserved1.    Slightly less chance of duplicate tickets if she only opts to try for GA.   Higher chance of missing tickets if demand is higher than the 10c estimates. 

There's so many ways it could go.  Using both or using 1.   It feels to me like night 1 might have less demand.  People only coming for one show will probably gravitate to Friday so they can jam it in with a weekend.    At the Wrigley shows.. the weekday show had enough GA tickets that everyone got a pair in round 1 (Wrigley 2).   On the other hand.  It's Seattle and lots of people are going to come out for that.

I guess I'll see what the odds look like once the lotto starts up.

Post edited by Zod on
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    So, I do have a smart phone, an Android, but it's not an expensive one and I don't know . . . am I going to need a lot of space on my phone to get the tickets?  or will it be through email, because that I can access of my phone, but I don't download a lot of stuff on my phone because I don't use it that way, I like to keep my bill down so I basically use it for text and calling.  
    I think my grandma joined the ten club.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Any clue on ticket prices?

Kind of lame that I got an email from Eventful telling me about the Safeco shows and already having tickets for sale on the site. WTF? 
    https://www.ticketnetwork.com/tix/tickets-3401120.aspx?utm_campaign=7896148&utm_medium=aff&utm_source=cj&ref=cj&xtor=AL-142-[cj]-[2095944]
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • on2legs said:
    So, I do have a smart phone, an Android, but it's not an expensive one and I don't know . . . am I going to need a lot of space on my phone to get the tickets?  or will it be through email, because that I can access of my phone, but I don't download a lot of stuff on my phone because I don't use it that way, I like to keep my bill down so I basically use it for text and calling.  
    I think my grandma joined the ten club.  
    ya! people with smart phones are super smart! i look up to them as being major hereos of mine LOL
    WHO fans UNITE ! i don't have a smart phone either  :)
    being old has it's advantages. until you get there, you will never really know...
  • ccjackccjack Posts: 134
    Kearn5y said:
    demetrios said:
    Sweet! :)

love these logos. Would make a cool set of shirts
    and buttons and stickers too! :blush:
    "Push me and I will resist"
  • VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 313
    I'm excited for these shows.  Seen them in a dirt field. Seen them in a theater. Seen them in a basketball field house. On the edge of a cliff. In a football stadium. In a soccer stadium. Baseball stadium will just be another cool experience. Can't wait.  
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    A dirt field! :rock_on:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    Is there no GA for Fenway and why?
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    MISSOULA

HELL YES!!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Anyone else who is planning on going solo for Wrigley 2 want to buddy up? Hoping for a GA ticket and it would be nice to know that if I get unlucky I still have a chance to get tickets from the presale! 
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • PinstrpsPinstrps Posts: 109
    So if I read this correctly there will be no lottery seating? Rows 1-2 and 9-10 will no longer be considered lottery rows? It's all strictly senority again?
  • The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    amethgr8 said:
    Is there no GA for Fenway and why?
    Fenway grounds crew considers this to be hallowed ground and don't want their field messed up by a rock concert. In 2016 the crew literally picked up all the seats and the plastic floor so they could groom and care for the field on the off day.  Actually made the floor experience better for those up front. I loved it.
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • Do you think there will be more cities announced at a later date?
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    Pinstrps said:
    So if I read this correctly there will be no lottery seating? Rows 1-2 and 9-10 will no longer be considered lottery rows? It's all strictly senority again?
    I don't think they said one way or the other.  It's kind of moot though isn't it?  Except for boston, the pits are so big.  Having first row behind the pit, is probably like being in row 30 at an arena show?
  • Zod said:
    Pinstrps said:
    I don't think they said one way or the other.  It's kind of moot though isn't it?  Except for boston, the pits are so big.  Having first row behind the pit, is probably like being in row 30 at an arena show?
    If you have an average to poor 10c number the equivalent of row 30 would sure still beat row 220.
  • What’s up with Wrigley and Fenway. Just did that. Whats up with California miss you out here been years. I have a 11 year old who is waiting for his concert 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Anyone know what the difference is for what order of locations you put for preference on the verified presale registration? I put down Boston but now think I should have done Chicago first if they are weighted at all. 
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    PJNB said:
    Anyone know what the difference is for what order of locations you put for preference on the verified presale registration? I put down Boston but now think I should have done Chicago first if they are weighted at all. 
     I was thinking the same thing, but I put Boston down for every option.  Should i just keep it at 1 if that's the only show I plan on going to?

I would imagine they weight them, even if just a little.  If not, why ask for 1st, 2nd, 3rd preference?  They would probably just have you list the shows you want to go to.