Options

Whiskey Clique

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    I was in Greenville, OH on Saturday and stopped by a state liquor store to get some beer. Saw Weller Special Reserve on the shelf and got two bottles (only one per customer so my wife bought one). $24 each.
    I used the search engine above and there is no $24 weller reserve, lol.

Great catch on that.  
    Yeah I about shit when I saw Weller on the shelf. And $24...wtf?

The cashier told us that the rumor was that the Winchester (IN) Wal-Mart got some Buffalo Trace. lol

But yeah....I googled it in the store and it seemed like retail was $60 so I'm not sure what was going on there.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    also....we got there around 11am and there were about 5 bottles up there. We stopped back by around 3 or so and they were all gone. Just got lucky.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    Neighbor is moving and gave me this. 
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    Neighbor is moving and gave me this. 
    That's a really nice neighbor!  The 15 is fantastic.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601

Is this good? Blacked out an engraving 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I prefer the 20, but when it comes to Pappy, you've gotta take what you can get.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Have literally never taken a sip of anything except maybe the 10 a long time ago, this was a gift 
  • Options
    dankind said:
    I prefer the 20, but when it comes to Pappy, you've gotta take what you can get.
    So true.  That 23 year old on the secondary is thousands of dollars!
    I've only had the 15 and the 20.  I did prefer the 15 over the 20...which is weird because I'm a big fan of oak-forward bourbons, and that extra age should have been up my alley.  I dunno.
    Either way, getting a 23 as a gift?!?!  That's fn amazing!
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544

Is this good? Blacked out an engraving 
    Good is subjective
    Last years was really oakey
    The younger ones were better
  • Options
    Was largely sarcasm, pretty sure I’m gonna like it
  • Options
    mca47 said:
    dankind said:
    So true.  That 23 year old on the secondary is thousands of dollars!
    I've only had the 15 and the 20.  I did prefer the 15 over the 20...which is weird because I'm a big fan of oak-forward bourbons, and that extra age should have been up my alley.  I dunno.
    Either way, getting a 23 as a gift?!?!  That's fn amazing!
    I knew it was going to be big. Pretty big thing at work, didn’t think it would be this though. I’m excited

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,105
    Had a tasting of some New York bourbons tonight: Iron Smoke bourbon with applewood smoked wheat, Widow Jane 10 yr, and Kings County. Really liked the Iron Smoke, but Kings County was good too. Would probably get a bottle of either if I saw them in a local liquor store. Not very keen on the Widow Jane though...weird, bittery aftertaste. 
  • Options
    That's pretty awesome getting Pappy 23 as a gift. Enjoy it @Cliffy6745!
  • Options
    never had Pappy...hoping I do someday

• Options
    Labor Day weekend, what's everybody drinking?

I'm on my second glass of Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve. Scotch is not my usual go-to, but this is just so damn tasty.
  • Options

I'm on my second glass of Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve. Scotch is not my usual go-to, but this is just so damn tasty.
    I probably had more gin than anything over the weekend.  Did pour a couple of small "tasters" (1/2-1 oz) from the collection.  ECBP (forget which one), Redbreast 15, and a SMWS (19 year old Highland).
  • Options

I was given a bottle of this and haven’t got around to tasting it yet.  Is it really that good?
  • Options

I was given a bottle of this and haven’t got around to tasting it yet.  Is it really that good?
    I'm a fan. I think it's the 12 just finished in rum barrels. You get a lot of the same notes as the 12, but it's a little sweeter.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    Picked this one up at Costco yesterday.  Can't beat $30 for a liter of single barrel.  Good stuff.

• Options

Found this Bomberger's at Total Wine today for $90. I honestly hadn't heard of Bomberger's until recently but decided to grab it since I'm not expecting to score any other LE bottles this season. Anybody here tried it before?
  • Options

Found this Bomberger's at Total Wine today for $90. I honestly hadn't heard of Bomberger's until recently but decided to grab it since I'm not expecting to score any other LE bottles this season. Anybody here tried it before?
    Haven't had that one, but have had a couple of pours of Bombs before.  Always good!  
  • Options
    Old Forester and King Ranch celebrate tradition and history in a one of  kind bourbon
    Limited to Texas only.  I am fortunate enough to have a friend in Texas that got me these and is sending them my way.

Can't wait to try it!
  • Options
    Nice! Big fan of Old Forester. Hope you enjoy it!
  • Options
    Yeah, that's a nice score!  I saw a review of in on the Bourbon Junkies Youtube channel.  They really liked it but said it's quite different than many OF releases.  
  • Options
    mca47 said:
    Yeah, that's a nice score!  I saw a review of in on the Bourbon Junkies Youtube channel.  They really liked it but said it's quite different than many OF releases.  
    I saw one where the guy was pleasantly surprised and liked it.

From what I am reading it's a good buy for $70.  not gonna pay over that.
  • Options

Trying this tonight. Been sitting on this bottle for a bit. 
  • Options
    Had to try this at work today. Feel free to be jealous...

• Options
    Had to try this at work today. Feel free to be jealous...

No thanks. I don't much care for candy corn to begin with, so I sure as hell don't want to mess up some whiskey with it.
  • Options
    I wonder what it would taste like if you mixed the PJ bourbon with it?  Would either of them improve, lol?!?
  • Options
    I wonder what it would taste like if you mixed the PJ bourbon with it?  Would either of them improve, lol?!?
    That would be a sugar overload