Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,537
    eddiec said:
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    Really hoping for a couple of close shows together. Fly in fly out. Amsterdam was really the only option last tour and I am guessing it will be the same for this tour. 
    Would you say it's simple and economical based on your experience? 
    I have been pricing flights out of Halifax ($712 CAD per person) for some dates during June. It is really an easy flight too with one short layover in Iceland. Why I am doing this with out dates is beyond me lol. I can not remember though if the second Amsterdam show was added after the first sold out or not. Are you thinking of going to some shows?
    Contemplating the feasibility of a 24-36 hour trip. 
    Feasible but not fun.
    #giveandtake
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    100 Pacer said:
    eddiec said:
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    Really hoping for a couple of close shows together. Fly in fly out. Amsterdam was really the only option last tour and I am guessing it will be the same for this tour. 
    I have been pricing flights out of Halifax ($712 CAD per person) for some dates during June. It is really an easy flight too with one short layover in Iceland. Why I am doing this with out dates is beyond me lol. I can not remember though if the second Amsterdam show was added after the first sold out or not. Are you thinking of going to some shows?
    Feasible but not fun.
    #giveandtake
    Direct flights from TO are only 7 hours oneway and roughly 800$. That is not bad at all imo. If you are a strong traveler and can sleep on a plane I would do it in a heart beat. If you could extend your trip by a day you could catch 2 shows and usually spacing out your dates for departing and arriving you would save $$$. All speculation of course on the back to back shows.  

Can anyone recall how the second night of Amsterdam was announced? Was it along with the first date or after a sell out? 
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    eddiec said:
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    Feasible but not fun.
    #giveandtake
    Direct flights from TO are only 7 hours oneway and roughly 800$. That is not bad at all imo. If you are a strong traveler and can sleep on a plane I would do it in a heart beat. If you could extend your trip by a day you could catch 2 shows and usually spacing out your dates for departing and arriving you would save $$$. All speculation of course on the back to back shows.  

Can anyone recall how the second night of Amsterdam was announced? Was it along with the first date or after a sell out? 
    What seems odd to me is...why spend all that money, and not just spend a little bit more and get a few days to enjoy Europe? If all one wants is PJ and not to spend time doing Europe things, you can just wait for the fall tour which will save you a ton of money. To each his own of course :)
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    eddiec said:
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    Feasible but not fun.
    #giveandtake

From memory it wasn't announced. The tour dates went out originally with only the one show. A second one was added shortly after the general sale for the first show commenced.
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Options
    Sarava said:
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    eddiec said:
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    Feasible but not fun.
    #giveandtake

What seems odd to me is...why spend all that money, and not just spend a little bit more and get a few days to enjoy Europe? If all one wants is PJ and not to spend time doing Europe things, you can just wait for the fall tour which will save you a ton of money. To each his own of course :)
    I agree and wish we could! We were lucky enough to spend 8 days in Italy this year following Eddie around. We are now going from a family of 4 to a family of 5 and it would not be feasible to spend a long period of time in Europe with a baby. 
  • Options
    TC282314TC282314 Posts: 380
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    eddiec said:
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    Feasible but not fun.
    #giveandtake

From memory it wasn't announced. The tour dates went out originally with only the one show. A second one was added shortly after the general sale for the first show commenced.
    This is how I remember it as well. Had 10c night one and public tickets from someone here. Great place to see a show (or two). 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    If I'm reading the tea leaves correctly, we're getting SA in Spring, Europe in Summer and NA in Fall. The question is, will the entire 2018 tour get announced at once or one continent at a time? 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    If I'm reading the tea leaves correctly, we're getting SA in Spring, Europe in Summer and NA in Fall. The question is, will the entire 2018 tour get announced at once or one continent at a time? 
    Pretty much. My guess is two separate announcements spread apart by 4 months or so. The wild cards in this are Dimi saying April is on as well as some saying they hear that some arenas in the States are getting holds in the spring. 
  • Options
    Just hope it's to promote new music 
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    My guess is more Latin America/S. Ametica in april. Can't see new album in 18. With dates in march, means limited studio time in the 1st of the year. Feels like best case is early 19
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,017
    There will be a new record at some point next year.  

Someone here posted this morning what is going on in April and quickly deleted it.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Ryan said:

Someone here posted this morning what is going on in April and quickly deleted it.
    What was it? Lots of top secret info around here. 
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    jmug23 said:l
    Ryan said:

Hawaii was mentioned in the deleted post.
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    CopperTom said:
    Ryan said:

That would be awesome... awesomely expensive, but awesome 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,537
    My wife forwarded me an email link this morning and asked me to purchase tickets. So I go ahead and see the opposing team is the Grand Rapids Drive. Of course my immediate reaction is "I'm driving back to Grand Rapids in 2018."

It's only logical.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    isn't it time for a new weekend PJ 2018 Tour rumour?
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    Ryan said:

Wow, that would be cool. We are planning to go there next year anyways. May as well make the dates line up. :)
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    100 Pacer said:
    My wife forwarded me an email link this morning and asked me to purchase tickets. So I go ahead and see the opposing team is the Grand Rapids Drive. Of course my immediate reaction is "I'm driving back to Grand Rapids in 2018."

It's only logical.
    Uh yeah - drinks are on me!!!
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    I just want to know what’s planned in April since im
    off the entire month
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    Ryan said:

Wow, that would be cool. We are planning to go there next year anyways. May as well make the dates line up. :)
  • Options
    Looked back and could not see a post where Dimi edited in the last couple of days. Was it someone else that stated that?
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    CopperTom said:
    Ryan said:

My wife and I were considering going back for our 10 year anniversary (Jan., 2019). Maybe this could get us there a little early! :)
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I smell travel packages in 2018
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    there is a  must go arena show...they never played before in this town...
    when i saw it,,i felt..this is the "moline" european show right there
    date sucks for my trip..cos seems need to skip other shows ..return to greece and return back for this show only..if i miss it,,i know ill regret it..shit
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    It would be nice to know. We all have so many responsibilities that we have to consider. Next year is going to be a big one in my own life and I need to plan things out
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,697
    date sucks for my trip..cos seems need to skip other shows ..return to greece and return back for this show only..if i miss it,,i know ill regret it..shit
    Any hint to when the euro tour will begin?
    Kearnsy
  • Options

• Options
    It would be nice to know. We all have so many responsibilities that we have to consider. Next year is going to be a big one in my own life and I need to plan things out
    I agree. We are already trying to iron out next years travel plans and we are putting everything on hold until we get tour dates. Kind of hard because seems like you don’t get a ton of early notice. 
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,391
    I just hope Europe shows aren't in April because I'm going to Wrestlemania in New Orleans and that's wiping me out financially.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,968
    The Rock said:
    I just hope Europe shows aren't in April because I'm going to Wrestlemania in New Orleans and that's wiping me out financially.
    Euro tour is widely rumoured to be June/July so you should be good.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam