Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,921
    I'm thinking the lack of other leaks means there's not much else out there.  This day an age, you almost always hear about something before it happens.  Safeco, Wrigley, Fenway, and Philly (was that rumor solid?)
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 917
    edited January 2018

It’s pretty much confirmed. But I’ve a friend that works for the cubs and he told me wrigley is 100% confirmed this summer. 
    any chance he could give you dates?
    thanks
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    edited January 2018
    I'm thinking the lack of other leaks means there's not much else out there.  This day an age, you almost always hear about something before it happens.  Safeco, Wrigley, Fenway, and Philly (was that rumor solid?)
    Yeah. It just feels odd that after big South America and Europe tours, that they would only touch America so lightly. Hopefully there's more. The west coast is seriously overdue for a tour.
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Sarava said:
    Yeah. It just feels odd that after big South America and Europe tours, that they would only touch America so lightly. Hopefully there's more. The west coast is seriously overdue for a tour.
    I agree. I thought after nothing last year that this year would be big in the states. Still a possibility I guess of an arena tour but I also feel like some rumors would have leaked by now. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Really hoping tomorrow is the day they drop the tour announcement. Anyone remember roughly the time of day this happens. I am on night shift tonight and do not want to miss the hysteria. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,920
    In 2016 there was a spring tour of arenas and then the ballpark shows followed up in August. It's possible this time around they are going to announce a few ballpark shows in August and then follow that up with a fall tour of arenas. Maybe supporting a new album?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    edited January 2018
    My gut is telling me that we are only getting the arena shows this year. I really think they will then head into the studio to finish up a new album for 2018 and then a regular arena tour. But there is still hope for fall US arena dates. Stadium announcements (and therefore stadium rumors) always come out earlier. There is still time for them to book fall arena dates, and then the rumors will start. I’m hopeful, but not expecting it. 

As for the Philly concert, that rumor coming out so soon after people were on here were talking about making up something false to feed alternativenation has me a little worried. As soon as people started talking about putting fake rumors in here, I wondered if any more rumors could be taken seriously. That’s my birthday weekend, so I’m really hoping that  one works out. 
    Post edited by CW55354 on
  • Options
    jmug23 said:
    Sarava said:
    I agree. I thought after nothing last year that this year would be big in the states. Still a possibility I guess of an arena tour but I also feel like some rumors would have leaked by now. 
    Just pure speculation. But I'm starting to wonder if it will be just the ballpark shows. Then maybe they go in and finish the new album off, and a huge North America tour could happen in 2019 to coincide with the album release?
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Hoping for a few shows other than the ballparks but I don’t think it’s happening this year.  Hoping to get out to Seattle or somewhere I’ve never been... will be bringing my 11 year old daughter for her first shows!!!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Sarava said:
    jmug23 said:
    Sarava said:
    Just pure speculation. But I'm starting to wonder if it will be just the ballpark shows. Then maybe they go in and finish the new album off, and a huge North America tour could happen in 2019 to coincide with the album release?
    I'm am 100% OK with that! We need new music and I would love 2019 Tour covers every region of the U.S. Somewhere around 40 Shows hitting all major US Cities in Most States. That would be Awesome! Save a lot of money/time/traveling. 
    6/27/06 St. Paul**MN
    11/16/13 OKC**OK
    10/09/14 Lincoln**NE
    10/19/14 St. Paul**MN
    5/02/16 NYC**MSG #2
    8/20/16 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1
    8/13/18 Missoula**MT WA-Grizz Stadium 
    8/18/18 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1 
    4/2/20 Nashville**TN 
    4/4/20 St. Louis**MO 

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    what dates are we thinking for wrigley?  I just need to go to one show there.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    greatwoods98greatwoods98 Boston Posts: 85
    2016 history Ballpark shows

tuesday jan 19th tour announced noon

feb 4th  presale announced 10 club lottery

feb 8th lottery results

Friday feb 12 sales To the general public
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    2016 history Ballpark shows

tuesday jan 19th tour announced noon

feb 4th  presale announced 10 club lottery

feb 8th lottery results

Friday feb 12 sales To the general public
    Noon eastern? 
  • Options
    greatwoods98greatwoods98 Boston Posts: 85
    yes eastern
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,430
    For the sake of variety and a new venue, I would be happy to see them in Philly for a ballpark show.  If that doesn’t happen then Fenway would be a nice fallback option.  Had a great time there in 2016. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    Please no more ballpark shows!  My opinion of course but the baseball obsession is becoming cliche.  I'm cool with Wrigley every once in a while but this notion of every major MLB market getting that touring experience is gimmicky.  Nothing beats PJ in an acoustically friendly arena.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    rvapete said:
    Please no more ballpark shows!  My opinion of course but the baseball obsession is becoming cliche.  I'm cool with Wrigley every once in a while but this notion of every major MLB market getting that touring experience is gimmicky.  Nothing beats PJ in an acoustically friendly arena.
    Unfortunately, I think we're stuck with ballparks and festivals in non-album years/tours.  It's a sucky trend.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    they've played five shows in major league ball parks out of approx 1000 shows...how exactly is that cliche when compared to playing msg 10x in their career?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    they've played five shows in major league ball parks out of approx 1000 shows...how exactly is that cliche when compared to playing msg 10x in their career?
    MSG is just a popular tour stop.  I can't recall the band specifically going out of their way to create an isolated "destination experience" there.
    Post edited by rvapete on
  • Options
    Fenway and Wrigley are the two most historic ballparks in the country. Seattle is their home market. Philadelphia is one of their favorite places to play. There is no indication that any other ballparks are on the schedule. Hardly a cliche.

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    Fenway and Wrigley are the two most historic ballparks in the country. Seattle is their home market. Philadelphia is one of their favorite places to play. There is no indication that any other ballparks are on the schedule. Hardly a cliche.
    They just released a movie in which the lead singer manipulates his fame to gain unprecidented access to a Major League baseball team...  The baseball aspect of following this band has become extremely cliche IMO
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    ^ Ed and Theo are friends. No manipulation to gain access. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,430
    rvapete said:
    Yes. Pearl Jam should never change or try new ideas.  I like this way of thinking. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,937
    Sarava said:
    Have to be saving themselves for an album tour the year after. Europe and Sth America bring the dollars. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    And were friends since long before Theo was hired by the Cubs.

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    If I was famous, you can bet your ass I'd be at as many Pearl Jam shows, other concerts and Cubs/Bulls/Bears/Blackhawks games as possible.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    rvapete said:
    Yes. Pearl Jam should never change or try new ideas.  I like this way of thinking. 
    5 years later its no longer a new idea
  • Options
    edited January 2018

JimmyV said:
    bbiggs said:
    That's right!  They went to grade school together and fame played no part in the relationship.  Seems Bill Murray and Eddie were the only contacts of Theo's to get the locker room invite group text though.  It's brilliant cross marketing and good fun don't get me wrong and I'm sure the band will continue these types of events as long as they are profitable and popular.  I just don't happen to enjoy the concept that's all.   
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Sarava said:
    Have to be saving themselves for an album tour the year after. Europe and Sth America bring the dollars. 
    Honestly, I’d be ok if they doubled or even tripled their prices for 10C tickets if it meant they toured more. I definitely think they should only tour as much as they want, but if it’s about making more money, count me in as someone who thinks we get an amazing price for an unbelievable 3-4 hour experience. I would have no problem paying much higher prices.  Just my opinion of course. 
  • Options
    rvapete said:

JimmyV said:
    bbiggs said:
    That's right!  They went to grade school together and fame played no part in the relationship.  Seems Bill Murray and Eddie were the only contacts of Theo's to get the locker room invite group text though.  It's brilliant cross marketing and good fun don't get me wrong and I'm sure the band will continue these types of events as long as they are profitable and popular.  I just don't happen to enjoy the concept that's all.   
    Why are you being so negative? Theo used his place in baseball to gain access to PJ every bit as much as EV did with the Cubs. They're just friends...why does it need to be picked apart?

I think most of us would prefer arena shows. Or shows at Alpine Valley or other amphitheaters. But you know what? The guys are in their 50s and have bigger priorities in their lives than Pearl Jam. To me, I'll be happy with anything they give us. It's better than nothing.