Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 885
    Think it's going to be at least another couple weeks unfortunately...
    wouldn't be surprised if the PJ shows are the last to be announced for these ballparks. Especially if they're only doing the 3 venues all year. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    edited January 2018
    2016 they had a "tour announcement soon" the day before the announcement. They have been very quite on hints of anything being announced today or tomorrow for that matter. Hope to be pleasantly surprised though. 

• Options
    Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    edited January 2018
    dmb 46 shows in 146 days 
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,438
    PJNB said:
    2016 they had a "tour announcement soon" the day before the announcement. They have been very quite on hints of anything being announced today or tomorrow for that matter. Hope to be pleasantly surprised though. 

I thought the same thing but they didnt do that for Europe or SA did they?
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    link93link93 Posts: 404
    Jack White announced Salt Lake show. Pretty pumped. Doubt we get a PJ tour announcement today. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    PJNB said:

I thought the same thing but they didnt do that for Europe or SA did they?
    Seems like they do it for North America shows. I remember them showing a subway sign in New York for the Global Citizen Festival and they gave a heads up in 2013 as well. Can not remember 2014 though. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,938
    If we don't get an announcement by 1pm Eastern today then fingers crossed for something later this week or next week. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,892
    link93 said:
    Jack White announced Salt Lake show. Pretty pumped. Doubt we get a PJ tour announcement today. 
    crazy that there is nothing in the philly/nyc area with the exception of the governor's island festival.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    link93 said:
    Coming to Omaha, NE as well. Pry should check this out? 
    6/27/06 St. Paul**MN
    11/16/13 OKC**OK
    10/09/14 Lincoln**NE
    10/19/14 St. Paul**MN
    5/02/16 NYC**MSG #2
    8/20/16 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1
    8/13/18 Missoula**MT WA-Grizz Stadium 
    8/18/18 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1 
    4/2/20 Nashville**TN 
    4/4/20 St. Louis**MO 

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    prerty cool how DMB gives a free copy of their new album (cd or digital) to every member who buys presage tickets.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    pjpitt89 said:
    Jack White announced too....but no Philly yet again
    Chicago got skipped too, which probably means Lolla, unfortunately. 
    Lots of other midwest options for Jack if you don't want to see him at a festival. Lolla headliners shaping up pretty nicely this year: Jack White, Arctic Monkeys, Vampire Weekend...
  • Options
    pjpitt89 said:
    Playing Minnesota on Monday after, does that violate the screwy terms lolla has about nearby shows?
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    pjpitt89 said:
    Playing Minnesota on Monday after, does that violate the screwy terms lolla has about nearby shows?
    No. The "radius clause" doesn't really seem to be enforced by Lolla anymore.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    I would think since Zach Brown band was announced last week for some ballpark shows that they would give that one a few weeks or a month of promotion time to sell tickets and then announce the next big set of ballpark shows.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,938
    I would think since Zach Brown band was announced last week for some ballpark shows that they would give that one a few weeks or a month of promotion time to sell tickets and then announce the next big set of ballpark shows.
    Good point.  In 2016 Pearl Jam sold out both shows at Fenway & Wrigley in about 5 minutes as I recall. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Yes...but again the shows in 16 never went on sale until a  3-4 weeks later in February. All I want confirmed dates so I can book Flights and Hotels is all. 
    6/27/06 St. Paul**MN
    11/16/13 OKC**OK
    10/09/14 Lincoln**NE
    10/19/14 St. Paul**MN
    5/02/16 NYC**MSG #2
    4/2/20 Nashville**TN 
    4/4/20 St. Louis**MO 

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    I love how DMB tours. Plus they toss in a new album announcement. Damn.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 826
    I wish PJ toured half as much as DMB but the band doesn’t seem to be a priority for them any longer.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    prerty cool how DMB gives a free copy of their new album (cd or digital) to every member who buys presage tickets.
    RHCP did the same on their last tour.

I like what Phish does - offers the actual live show as a free download after the show (I think you can upgrade to a physical disc too?)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Mikemzl91 said:
    dmb 46 shows in 146 days 
    Yup, just got the email this morning and I'm like Whyyyyyy!  Why can't PJ  be this easy???

Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    LukinFan said:

I like what Phish does - offers the actual live show as a free download after the show (I think you can upgrade to a physical disc too?)
    BHIC did the same thing with Call It What It Is tour. I ended up with multiple copies of the album since I went to more than one show. 
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564

chiefnjk said:
    pjpitt89 said:
    Lots of other midwest options for Jack if you don't want to see him at a festival. Lolla headliners shaping up pretty nicely this year: Jack White, Arctic Monkeys, Vampire Weekend...
    chiefnjk said:
    pjpitt89 said:
    Jack is a good bet for OSL as well even though his SF show is right around that time. I don’t think OSL cares about radius clause.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    pjpitt89 said:
    Really? Because it seems like Chicago gets skipped by TONS of bands who are playing lolla year after year.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    SOLAT319 said:
    LukinFan said:

BHIC did the same thing with Call It What It Is tour. I ended up with multiple copies of the album since I went to more than one show. 
    Either he stopped doing this last year or I had no idea when I saw them.  I guess either way, I already had the album. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    pjpitt89 said:
    Bummed about this. Never saw Jack White and I don't care to do Lolla. Thinking about going to the Grand Rapids show...if I can get tickets.
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    david byrne announcing as well..  come on pj, everybodys doing it 
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    With DMB & Jack White announcing today I don't see a PJ announcement coming, but who knows 
  • Options
    timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    Looks like JW is giving the option to upgrade from CD to vinyl...first time I've seen that with this "free copy" approach. Hope this starts a trend...nice bonus for an artist you are gonna buy tix and the vinyl for anyway.
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    my2hands said:
    With DMB & Jack White announcing today I don't see a PJ announcement coming, but who knows 
    I agree. Plus no Greek sighting is never a good sign. Maybe in the next week or two. 
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Yeah...this is a bummer. But now the question is when? I just need the announcement so I can get my work done..lol! 
    6/27/06 St. Paul**MN
    11/16/13 OKC**OK
    10/09/14 Lincoln**NE
    10/19/14 St. Paul**MN
    5/02/16 NYC**MSG #2
    4/2/20 Nashville**TN 
    4/4/20 St. Louis**MO