Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    PJNB said:
    I looked up when Fenway tickets went on sale in 2016 and found out they went on sale Feb 12th. So we have got to be days away from an announcement. My guess is next Tuesday (1-12) we get some indication of an announcement. I am going to call the box office tomorrow. We bought season tickets and I am going to ask about the summer concert series. I will post any information I find out.
    Thats what I am talking about! 
    I called the Red Soxs tickets dept about Zac Brown and Pearl Jam. They wouldn't confirm/deny any tickets for Pearl Jam. I was told to keep an eye out for new announcements in the further weeks for more concert announcement's. Then told me Zac goes on sale next week. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    PJNB said:
    I looked up when Fenway tickets went on sale in 2016 and found out they went on sale Feb 12th. So we have got to be days away from an announcement. My guess is next Tuesday (1-12) we get some indication of an announcement. I am going to call the box office tomorrow. We bought season tickets and I am going to ask about the summer concert series. I will post any information I find out.
    I called the Red Soxs tickets dept about Zac Brown and Pearl Jam. They wouldn't confirm/deny any tickets for Pearl Jam. I was told to keep an eye out for new announcements in the further weeks for more concert announcement's. Then told me Zac goes on sale next week. 
    Excellent, thanks for making that call. I feel like the intel we have is solid enough now that I'll be surprised if Fenway doesn't happen. JUst gotta wait it out I guess.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763
    PJNB said:
    WEEKS?!?! Ugggghhh....
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    WEEKS?!?! Ugggghhh....
    I think anytime between now and mid-February is fair game for an announcement, unfortunately.

• Options
    Public sale for Fenway tics went up on 2/12/16. I am just going to "just breathe" for a few more weeks.....
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,574
    seen them at wrigley and fenway and in philly so seattle it is.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    edited January 2018
    ComeToTX said:
    seen them at wrigley and fenway and in philly so seattle it is.
    I still want to see them in texas.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Seattle and Philly are both tempting but Safeco and Citizens Bank are not. I'll probably just stay home for Fenway in 2018.

• Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
      JimmyV said:
    Seattle and Philly are both tempting but Safeco and Citizens Bank are not. I'll probably just stay home for Fenway in 2018.

Don't want to see the home of the team that won 116 games in 2001? :o

It really is a beautiful park (Safeco) with a great view in a fantastic city.

'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    kerbjack said:
      JimmyV said:

I would go to Safeco because it’s something new for the band. Wrigley and Fenway have been done already. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Dark EnergyDark Energy Here Posts: 203
    Zac Brown just officially announced his tour including dates at Fenway and Safeco.  This should help to rule out some dates for shows at those venues.
    http://www.zacbrownband.com/tour

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    kerbjack said:
      JimmyV said:

https://youtu.be/L9vrFzGEESY
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Zac Brown just officially announced his tour including dates at Fenway and Safeco.  This should help to rule out some dates for shows at those venues.

Back to back dates at Fenway. Hoping Pearl Jam does the same. 
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    kerbjack said:
      JimmyV said:

I would go to Safeco because it’s something new for the band. Wrigley and Fenway have been done already. 
    I’m thinking that as well. Hometown and something new. I’m sure they get pumped when they play new venues, especially ones near their hometowns. 
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    PJ needs to break in the Little Caeser's Arena in Detroit!!!! Paging Chris Chelios!!!!!
  • Options

Safeco Labour Day was ruled out due to Foos on Sept 1 in Seattle, and Fenway dates are while in Europe... nothing too new to help...but there are playing a bunch of parks. Minnesota, San Fran, Citi in NYC, Cinnci, San Diego, Atlanta, Toronto. Could be more than the 4 parks for PJ too?!?!
  • Options
    Dark EnergyDark Energy Here Posts: 203
    PJ needs to break in the Little Caeser's Arena in Detroit!!!! Paging Chris Chelios!!!!!
    Agreed!!
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881

Looks like Alpine is officially back after a 2017 hiatus.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    kerbjack said:
      JimmyV said:

Those are legitimate positives. Perhaps I spoke too soon. I just grew up going to Fenway and the original Boston Garden so the older buildings always interest me more.

• Options
    Save WhoSave Who Posts: 294
    Yes,  they need to make up for not closing JLA!!!
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    kerbjack said:
      JimmyV said:

Those are legitimate positives. Perhaps I spoke too soon. I just grew up going to Fenway and the original Boston Garden so the older buildings always interest me more.
    I was sarcastic about the history portion...that it lacks. That lack of history makes my lottery odds better though. 

I'm 100% with you on old buildings, would have loved to have seen a game on the parkay floors at the Garden!
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763
    kerbjack said:

Safeco Labour Day was ruled out due to Foos on Sept 1 in Seattle, and Fenway dates are while in Europe... nothing too new to help...but there are playing a bunch of parks. Minnesota, San Fran, Citi in NYC, Cinnci, San Diego, Atlanta, Toronto. Could be more than the 4 parks for PJ too?!?!

I was thinking thus could be a possibility as well. Of course I have not done all the schedule researching, but as it stands with the rumors, the cities kind of line up (yes, SEA i's further north). I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to throw either CLE/PIT and STL/MIN in there as well. Geographically, Cleveland is literally on the way from Boston to Chicago. And depending on how they travel from Chicago to Seattle, a stop in Minnesota would be on the way as well.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    kerbjack said:

Zac Brown going from Sioux Falls, SD to Boston, MA is an enjoyably random tour route. Granted there are some days off in between but still.

• Options
    Given2FlyGiven2Fly Seattle Posts: 168
    I'll never understand the "OMG HOMETOWN SHOW!" people. Have you not been to, or seen the setlists for the couple concerts here the last 20 years? They don't like playing here, it's why they never do and why the setlists are always average at best.
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    Given2Fly said:
    I'll never understand the "OMG HOMETOWN SHOW!" people. Have you not been to, or seen the setlists for the couple concerts here the last 20 years? They don't like playing here, it's why they never do and why the setlists are always average at best.
    The last couple times Eddie has come out and said how the crowd just stands around and doesn' give them any energy. That's why they love to play places like Philly, NYC, boston, Chicago. HIGH energy crowds. The band really feeds off of it. 
  • Options
    JM144705 said:
    Given2Fly said:
    The last couple times Eddie has come out and said how the crowd just stands around and doesn' give them any energy. That's why they love to play places like Philly, NYC, boston, Chicago. HIGH energy crowds. The band really feeds off of it. 
    Yeah, I understand why they don't like hometown shows. The combo of a stale crowd plus horrible venues (Key Arena is a shithole with horrible sound). I don't understand the people who go out of their way to see a hometown show. Based on the rumored shows coming up, it'll likely be the worst setlist and worst crowd of the tour, and the only thing going really does is take tickets away from Seattle people who have had 3 shows in 9 years -1 show in 8 years- (This is the part where I'm bitter from being shutout of the stupid lotto's.).
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    JM144705 said:
    Given2Fly said:
    I haven’t been to a show in Seattle, but why are the places u mentioned more high energy than most other cities? I’ve seen them in Boston and Chicago multiple times and I didn’t personally notice anything different from all the other shows I’ve been to around the country. Just my opinion though. 
  • Options
    Given2Fly said:
    JM144705 said:
    Given2Fly said:
    Yeah, I understand why they don't like hometown shows. The combo of a stale crowd plus horrible venues (Key Arena is a shithole with horrible sound). I don't understand the people who go out of their way to see a hometown show. Based on the rumored shows coming up, it'll likely be the worst setlist and worst crowd of the tour, and the only thing going really does is take tickets away from Seattle people who have had 3 shows in 9 years -1 show in 8 years- (This is the part where I'm bitter from being shutout of the stupid lotto's.).
    And hah, I just looked at my concerts I've been to, it's technically 3 "non-special" SEATTLE shows in over 15 years. God they despise Seattle shows. Hah.
  • Options
    jmug23 said:
    JM144705 said:
    Given2Fly said:
    I haven’t been to a show in Seattle, but why are the places u mentioned more high energy than most other cities? I’ve seen them in Boston and Chicago multiple times and I didn’t personally notice anything different from all the other shows I’ve been to around the country. Just my opinion though. 
    I've heard we in the States all pale in comparison to the South American crowds.

• Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 825
    Eastcoasters are biased towards their hometown shows, that's fo sho