Options

Hillary Clinton: What happened

Comments

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    mace1229 said:
    Kat said:
    Started reading it this morning....she very clearly accepts all blame for her loss in the first few pages of the book.

The narrative that she blames others is over.
    They're going to keep saying that anyway though. People have their own truth now and facts don't matter to them. I'm enjoying the read. What she was thinking during the inauguration was interesting. I'll have to read more later.
    Don't care to read the book, but I heard her blame Russia and Comey in two different interviews about the book. I didn't hear her say she could have worked on trust or ran a better campaign. Which I think is the real reason. Agree or not, America has a trust issue with her.
    Thank god we dodged that bullet and elected someone with a sterling reputation for reliability!!
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    edited September 2017
    mace1229 said:
    Kat said:
    Started reading it this morning....she very clearly accepts all blame for her loss in the first few pages of the book.

They're going to keep saying that anyway though. People have their own truth now and facts don't matter to them. I'm enjoying the read. What she was thinking during the inauguration was interesting. I'll have to read more later.
    Don't care to read the book, but I heard her blame Russia and Comey in two different interviews about the book. I didn't hear her say she could have worked on trust or ran a better campaign. Which I think is the real reason. Agree or not, America has a trust issue with her.
    Disagree....Comey was CLEARLY an influence on the election.  Russia is to be determined but looks like there was major interference.

But yes, she blames herself.  She stated that she should have come out hard against Comey instead of ignoring it.  She also stated that she should have been much more vocal about Russia.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited September 2017
    mace1229 said:
    Kat said:

Disagree....Comey was CLEARLY an influence on the election.  Russia is to be determined but looks like there was major interference.
    Absolutely. She would have won that election (narrowly) if it hadn't been for Comey. I bet he regrets that shit now!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Hilliary wants to abolish the electoral college.

Maddow should change the name of her show to "Softball"

• Options
    JC29856 said:
    see this here, Laura Loomer, Hilliary knows who she is and is nothing but cordial beyond polite yet Loomer still decides to harass Hillary with alt-stupid questions. get a life.
    totally uncalled for, Hillary is or will be one of the top political figures in history, took her lumps year after year after year but idiots still feel it necessary to harassment her for self promotion.
    sick
    I hope she was dragged out by her nostrils. 

As featured on.....INFO WARS today
    https://www.infowars.com/hillary-confronted-during-book-signing-what-happened-to-seth-rich/

u
    g
    h

Can you quote Tomi Lauren again?
    Fox business is giving her a platform.
    The two most important issues facing America according to Loomer
    1. harassing Hillary
    2. Albedin Weiner divorce
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    see this here, Laura Loomer, Hilliary knows who she is and is nothing but cordial beyond polite yet Loomer still decides to harass Hillary with alt-stupid questions. get a life.
    totally uncalled for, Hillary is or will be one of the top political figures in history, took her lumps year after year after year but idiots still feel it necessary to harassment her for self promotion.
    sick
    I hope she was dragged out by her nostrils. 

As featured on.....INFO WARS today
    https://www.infowars.com/hillary-confronted-during-book-signing-what-happened-to-seth-rich/

u
    g
    h

Can you quote Tomi Lauren again?
    Fox business is giving her a platform.
    The two most important issues facing America according to Loomer
    1. harassing Hillary
    2. Albedin Weiner divorce
    The other impeachment shoe is about to drop.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    To those that say Hilliary has and is taking responsibility for her loss to an incompetent celebrity game show host, I ask these questions, has she taken responsibility for:
    1 being the worse candidate in history
    2 mocking the left (Bernie Bros), the right (deplorables) repeatedly and minorities (super predators)
    3 evading the press and uncomfortable questions for 9 straight months
    4 not campaigning in all states
    5 cheating the primaries
    6 cheating the debates
    7 recruiting endorsements from neocons
    8 caring more about republican votes than democrats
    9 accepting record breaking dirty money from anyone and everyone
    10 illegally coordinating with her super-pac
    11 the disastrous wars she gleefully chuckles about

If Hilliary truly cared about "what happened" maybe she should have done a tour of the states she lost and spoke to the democratic and indy voters that stayed home. In not at least talk to and get feedback from the Hilliary "cultists", listen to what they have to say before writing a book with-in her comfy bubble months after getting electorally landslid-ed by a buffoon. Maybe she would learn that she took the voters that matter for granted, maybe she would learn that voters aren't as dumb as she thought, maybe they were well informed of her political track record, her campaign devoid of policy, her warmongering, maybe she would have learned democratic voters are sick of being lied to and played for fools, maybe.
    Hilliary lost because voters chose to stay home, they made the conscience decision that they would rather not vote for either horrible candidate and risk a Trump presidency. They chose to not vote for Hilliary just because Trump. 
    A monkey that was dropped on its baby monkey head can figure it out.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    JC29856 said:
    To those that say Hilliary has and is taking responsibility for her loss to an incompetent celebrity game show host, I ask these questions, has she taken responsibility for:
    2 mocking the left (Bernie Bros), the right (deplorables) repeatedly and minorities (super predators)
    5 cheating the primaries
    6 cheating the debates

If Hilliary truly cared about "what happened" maybe she should have done a tour of the states she lost and spoke to the democratic and indy voters that stayed home. In not at least talk to and get feedback from the Hilliary "cultists", listen to what they have to say before writing a book with-in her comfy bubble months after getting electorally landslid-ed by a buffoon. Maybe she would learn that she took the voters that matter for granted, maybe she would learn that voters aren't as dumb as she thought, maybe they were well informed of her political track record, her campaign devoid of policy, her warmongering, maybe she would have learned democratic voters are sick of being lied to and played for fools, maybe.
    Hilliary lost because voters chose to stay home, they made the conscience decision that they would rather not vote for either horrible candidate and risk a Trump presidency. They chose to not vote for Hilliary just because Trump. 
    I guess you'll have to read her book to find out. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JC29856 said:
    5 cheating the primaries
    6 cheating the debates

you need to learn the difference between objective and subjective
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    5 cheating the primaries
    6 cheating the debates

I guess you'll have to read her book to find out. 
    I'm opting for the book on tape, Hilliary voice version.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    I still say, no matter what anyone thinks of Hillary Clinton, the fact that she lost to a clown says a lot about out both the poor showing of her candidacy and even more so, the wretched state of the American voting public.  How could so many people vote so foolishly? Why are there so many idiots in this country?   It boggles my mind. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    edited September 2017
    brianlux said:
    I still say, no matter what anyone thinks of Hillary Clinton, the fact that she lost to a clown says a lot about out both the poor showing of her candidacy and even more so, the wretched state of the American voting public.  How could so many people vote so foolishly? Why are there so many idiots in this country?   It boggles my mind. 

I really believe the lack of enforcement of immigration law over the last few decades is a key factor in why Trump won.  The illegals aren't the reason that jobs are gone (technology followed by globalization is), but they are a scapegoat to a large number of Trump supporters because there are so many.  They have to blame something and our political leaders and their ineptitude feed this way of thinking.   Trump played on this sentiment and it got him in the White House.   I don't think a large portion of Trump's voters are racist, but they just need someone to blame for their economic woes.   The Dems think that all but ignoring borders will help Hispanic immigrants, but I think it feeds unrest in the country that wouldn't be there if we had 12 million legal immigrants in this country instead of illegal. 
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    The right focuses on illegal immigrants because it fits two of their talking points - tough on crime and immigration. But the truth is, they're pretty much opposed to legal immigration, too, especially of the non-white variety. And generally opposed to refugee claimants, despite the fact that they are coming from horrific conditions through a legal mechanism. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    edited September 2017
    The right focuses on illegal immigrants because it fits two of their talking points - tough on crime and immigration. But the truth is, they're pretty much opposed to legal immigration, too, especially of the non-white variety. And generally opposed to refugee claimants, despite the fact that they are coming from horrific conditions through a legal mechanism. 
    I don't think the majority are opposed to legal immigration.  If someone is opposed I think it would be for economic reasons.  Now refugees from the Middle East are different.  That opposition is based on religious and cultural differences with a perceived fear of eventual terrorism risk. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    I don't think the majority are opposed to legal immigration.  If someone is opposed I think it would be for economic reasons.  Now refugees from the Middle East are different.  That opposition is based on religious and cultural differences with a perceived fear of eventual terrorism risk. 
    "Religious and cultural differences" applies to the majority of people who might seek to immigrate, and is essentially saying "we only want white Christians" in a somewhat less overt way. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Lets see what this racist sexist right wing extremist says about Hill and her last book.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/09/15/hillary-happened/

Final paragraph
    What Happened is a sordid book, petulant and spiteful. It made me feel queasy and dirty while reading it, like the whole 25-year-long experience of Clintonism itself. By the end, I got the sense that its sleazy torrent of invective and blame-mongering was more an attempt to console the frail psyche of the author rather than to repair her shattered image to any readership the book might find. In the years to come, What Happened will prove much more valuable as documentary evidence for psycho-historians than political scientists.

• Options
    JC29856 said:
    Lets see what this racist sexist right wing extremist says about Hill and her last book.

Final paragraph
    What Happened is a sordid book, petulant and spiteful. It made me feel queasy and dirty while reading it, like the whole 25-year-long experience of Clintonism itself. By the end, I got the sense that its sleazy torrent of invective and blame-mongering was more an attempt to console the frail psyche of the author rather than to repair her shattered image to any readership the book might find. In the years to come, What Happened will prove much more valuable as documentary evidence for psycho-historians than political scientists.

CM189191 said:
    JC29856 said:
    Have you ever noticed that all the news sources you link to have the same exact web page format?  Any idea as to why that might be?
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Final paragraph

Are you incapable of forming your own opinion? Seems so.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    JC29856 said:

Final paragraph

It doesn't sound like he read it at all. I can't imagine what kind of hate is in his heart and I don't want to think about it any longer
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat said:
    JC29856 said:

Final paragraph

It doesn't sound like he read it at all. I can't imagine what kind of hate is in his heart and I don't want to think about it any longer
    He hasn't read it, he's waiting for the book on tape.  Remember?

Oh wait - you meant the counterpunch "article" "author".
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    brianlux said:

I really believe the lack of enforcement of immigration law over the last few decades is a key factor in why Trump won.  The illegals aren't the reason that jobs are gone (technology followed by globalization is), but they are a scapegoat to a large number of Trump supporters because there are so many.  They have to blame something and our political leaders and their ineptitude feed this way of thinking.   Trump played on this sentiment and it got him in the White House.   I don't think a large portion of Trump's voters are racist, but they just need someone to blame for their economic woes.   The Dems think that all but ignoring borders will help Hispanic immigrants, but I think it feeds unrest in the country that wouldn't be there if we had 12 million legal immigrants in this country instead of illegal. 
    No doubt immigration had some bearing on the election.  Just how much, I'm not sure.

America is conflicted, confused, and often contradictory regarding immigration issues.  Many don't want any immigrants and even more don't want illegal immigrants and yet we wouldn't have much of our agriculture without both so we bring them in to pick and hoe and clean our motel rooms. 

When it comes to farming, how many white people do we see out in the fields picking?  I don't know about in other parts of the country but our here in the west, almost never.  My brother runs a small family farming operation.  He relies on help from legal Mexican immigrants for plant, hoeing, picking, etc.  Without their employment, he would not be able to bring in crops.  The only white guys I ever saw in the fields were a few white kids with work permits making a few bucks in the summer and me, in my 40's between teaching jobs trying to help out a little.  And that work damn near busted my ass.  Damn, that's hard work!  White guys almost never want to work like that, at least that's my experience from empirical evidence.

We don't want them here! 
    We need them here to pick and clean!
    Send them away!
    Sneak them in, especially the illegals to corporate farms, fuck yeah!
    Build a wall!
    Sneak 'em over the wall!
    Keep them all out!
    Let them all in!

America has its head up its ass when it comes to immigration.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Meanwhile Hillary released 20 years of tax returns, has faced multiple investigations and yet, has never been charged with a crime nor copped a plea or settled to make a charge go away. Wonder if our president can claim the same?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    And Bernie and his wife seem to be in some trouble. But hey, you know, Antifa!

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited September 2017

I really wasn't ready to run against a monkey that was dropped on his baby monkey head either
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

I really wasn't ready to run against a monkey that was dropped on his baby monkey head either
    So she wasn't ready to run against the guy she was running against?

must be Russia's fault....or Comey...or Bernie....who else again Hills???? She's literally the worst candidate ever. Lost dem nomination to Obama when it was a "slam dunk". Lost to Obama because of "hope and change" no real issues. Then loses easily the most winnable presidential contest to an freakin idiot.  Lost to another candidate that had no specifics and only offered phrases "make America great again".  Fool me once (2008) Shane on you, fool me twice? Dammit Hillary admit it you had all the opportunities in the world k be prepared but your ego and general inability to have any smidgen of likeability killed your chances again.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    What kind of message does it portray to women that standing by your husbands infidelity is ok?  She is so pathetic and weak.  The only thing I think of when I hear her name or see her face is Bill Clinton getting oral sex in the oval office from someone other than her.  She has no platform to speak to women or girls on any issue of empowerment after not ditching her husband.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    JC29856 said:

So she wasn't ready to run against the guy she was running against?

must be Russia's fault....or Comey...or Bernie....who else again Hills???? She's literally the worst candidate ever. Lost dem nomination to Obama when it was a "slam dunk". Lost to Obama because of "hope and change" no real issues. Then loses easily the most winnable presidential contest to an freakin idiot.  Lost to another candidate that had no specifics and only offered phrases "make America great again".  Fool me once (2008) Shane on you, fool me twice? Dammit Hillary admit it you had all the opportunities in the world k be prepared but your ego and general inability to have any smidgen of likeability killed your chances again.
    the one thing she won't admit, not enough republicans voted for her
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

She just needs to go away.  She lost to Donald Trump :rofl:
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

She just needs to go away.  She lost to Donald Trump :rofl:
    I think republicans want her to hang around awhile