• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    Hobbes said:
    Artichokes. 

Mayo or melted butter?
    Stuffed.
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    Chicken swarma, red pepper hummus and a salad. Still trying to recover from last weeks dietary shit show in Chicago!!
    This is my kinda food, man.  Hummus looks good,
    Thanks! Roasted red pepper hummus.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yes, Hellmans instead of butter makes a mean grilled cheese!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    All this talk! So I tried it this evening. I've only ever made a grilled cheese with butter. Didn't know this was a thing. I used Duke's mayonnaise..not a mayo snob just what I had in my fridge.

* Result: It was damn good and this is why*

1. It cooked the sandwich evenly 
    2. It gave it a good "greasy diner" burn..even the crust
    3. Makes me want to buy some cheap white bread and try it again. My bread was too healthy for that greasy mess

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Strong work
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Strong work
    :smiley: Ha ha thanks! I was apparently able to do this after consuming a large amount of alcohol. Guess that's why the greasy mess was so good!!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    I like how you put "I was apparently able to do this" -- you would make a good (dangerous?) drinking buddy.
    I end up saying things like that frequently.

I'm going to fuck up some Philadelphia sushi & sake this evening....because nothing says "Fenway Prep" like going out and chowing down locally, bigly.
  • Options
    Haa! Exactly you never know what might happen. Enjoy that Sushi! I need to eat something soon. Been too busy with my Fenway prep. Cleaning the house so it's "mom approved" when she arrives to stay with the child. I still need to pack and flight is early tomorrow morning. Cannot wait!!

Any Boston cuisine worth checking out?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Haa! Exactly you never know what might happen. Enjoy that Sushi! I need to eat something soon. Been too busy with my Fenway prep. Cleaning the house so it's "mom approved" when she arrives to stay with the child. I still need to pack and flight is early tomorrow morning. Cannot wait!!

Any Boston cuisine worth checking out?
    You like backyard BBQs?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ^ Of course, you grilling? ;)
  • Options
    Not a great picture, but we have some pan toasted Naan bread with hummus, feta cheese, a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, and of course some super sweet cherry tomatoes from the garden.
    Anybody have a name for such a thing?  I've heard people call it felafel, but I don't think that's right.  Delicious though, going to add some thin shaved onion when I do lunch today.

• Options
    Onion pull was 41lbs, that's a 9lb increase from last year, so that's awesome.  Now I need to find a place for a laundry baskets worth of onions.
    Making more salsa this weekend, I will take a final tally when the maters Peter out.
  • Options
    That looks great
  • Options
    Starters

• Options

• Options
    That lobster roll might be the best thing I have eaten.....in a long while

• Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,401
    Back home after spending a day grazing at the MN State Fair.  A run down of the goodies I consumed (some was shared with the wife):

- Irish Tater Kegs: giant tater tots with corned beef, Swiss cheese,and kraut. Drizzled with 1000 island.

- Fried bologna sandwich.

- Scotch egg: hard boiled egg, wrapped in sausage patty, battered, and deep fried. Topped with honey mustard.

- Chocolate covered, frozen key lime pie on a stick.

- Pronto pup, also known as a corndog.

- Cheese curds (not fried).

- Grilled peach with honey and feta.

- Roasted corn on the cob.

- A Gizmo sandwich: Italian beef and sausage, red sauce, covered with mozzarella, on a hoagie bun.

I need a salad...
  • Options
    Heart attack time, look out!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    13 year old wanted to make his own monster quesodilla tonight.

Brought him to the store and let him stock up.
    Started with nice little rib eye.  He cooked it a little over his medium rare goal but they still had some red and he seasoned aggressively.

Cooked up four strips of bacon.  Easy peasy.

(I did slice up the steak for him - don't want him to hack a finger off with one if my Globals)

Wayyyy overloaded his tortilla with cheese/meat/bacon and instead of making two, he made one giant one from two tortillas.  (Nice save!)

Turned out pretty good - got carried away with the sour cream but I tasted a spot w/o sour cream

He couldn't finish it and had to use the toilet about twenty minutes after but was very proud of his work.

:lol:

• Options
    Can't go wrong with those ingredients :)
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Yes. 
    I tried to talk him into a dip of sour cream (if any) and he insisted on the nut butter spread 

He is young.  He will learn.
  • Options
    He also missed Hot Sauce.
    Key ingredient on everything...but especially quesodilla
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    A rainy cool Sunday. Windows open. Saquon took one to the house. A chicken roasting. Beets and carrots going in the oven next. 

A good day indeed
  • Options
    Mmmmm beets
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    Took a shot at making a Banh Mi. Came out pretty good. Marinated the pork in ginger, garlic and lemongrass. 
  • Options

Food truck festival selections...
    Bacon apple grilled gruyère cheese with homemade tomato soup and Argentine empanadas!  The empanadas were so good, we got a box frozen to make at home.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    rgambs said:

Bacon apple grilled gruyère cheese with homemade tomato soup and Argentine empanadas!  The empanadas were so good, we got a box frozen to make at home.
    I decided to stay home.  65 degrees and rainy just ain't my gig. All my friends went and got an AirBnb and I didn't have money to stay the night anyway.  Too bad the weather sucked though because I was looking forward to those two trucks in particular.  That grilled cheese looks awesome!
  • Options
    We went to one recently and we all picked different trucks.  I picked the Dumpling truck and it was the best choice, we all agreed.
    Those empanadas look really great!
  • Options
    rgambs said:

I decided to stay home.  65 degrees and rainy just ain't my gig. All my friends went and got an AirBnb and I didn't have money to stay the night anyway.  Too bad the weather sucked though because I was looking forward to those two trucks in particular.  That grilled cheese looks awesome!
    The weather was a real bummer, if it would have been a nice day it would have been epic.  Billy Strings was amazing.
    I might take some empanadas out for dinner tonight, I should wait, but the only other dinner option tonight is nuggets and fries.
    ?