The Food Thread

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    This was born out of practical concerns from trial and error over the last month.
    1 quesadilla rice on the side, not enough.
    2 quesadilla, one's cold or we don't eat together.
    1 quesadilla overstuffed, no structure sloppy mess.
    1 megadilla with several tortillas, perfect!
    Marijuana was involved in both the creation and consumption of all steps of this great and glorious journey.

I didn't flip it, I put the ingredients other than cheese in hot and I put a hot skillet on top to sear the top 'tilla.
    The middle 'tillas were just quickly browned before construction.

Old lady is a quesadilla lover and she gave it an enthusiastic approval.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    I applaud your ingenuity!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited December 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    It's office potluck day today, so I just had a big lunch of really fucking gross, lukewarm dishes. :lol:
    I try my best not to participate in office potlucks anymore.  Let alone the dishes, half of the people I work with are really fucking gross!
    I absolutely hate them... but people who don't participate are seen as antisocial, so I just suck it up and do it anyway. I dread them.
    I'm so happy that I work from home and only talk to my dog all day long.  Absolutely hated that nonsense when I worked in an office everyday.
    Yikes. Sometimes I think it would be nice to work at home simply to sleep in or not blow dry my hair every morning, haha, but I know for a fact that actually doing so would be terrible for me. I would basically turn feral in no time, lol. I live alone, so would become quite lonely and bored working from home every day .... it was just a small, somewhat tongue in cheek complaint on my part - I like working with my colleagues. i'm pretty social and i have many enriching and fun conversations on a daily basis, and being around other people keeps me on my toes. Sure a few things annoy me, but that is well worth it. I can't believe that an office potluck or co-workers in general are this repellent for some of you, lol. Maybe I am just really lucky to not work with a bunch of assholes or something???
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    It's office potluck day today, so I just had a big lunch of really fucking gross, lukewarm dishes. :lol:
    I try my best not to participate in office potlucks anymore.  Let alone the dishes, half of the people I work with are really fucking gross!
    I absolutely hate them... but people who don't participate are seen as antisocial, so I just suck it up and do it anyway. I dread them.
    I'm so happy that I work from home and only talk to my dog all day long.  Absolutely hated that nonsense when I worked in an office everyday.
    Yikes. Sometimes I think it would be nice to work at home simply to sleep in or not blow dry my hair every morning, haha, but I know for a fact that actually doing so would be terrible for me. I would basically turn feral in no time, lol. I live alone, so would become quite lonely and bored working from home every day .... it was just a small, somewhat tongue in cheek complaint on my part - I like working with my colleagues. i'm pretty social and i have many enriching and fun conversations on a daily basis, and being around other people keeps me on my toes. Sure a few things annoy me, but that is well worth it. I can't believe that an office potluck or co-workers in general are this repellent for some of you, lol. Maybe I am just really lucky to not work with a bunch of assholes or something???
    Speaking for myself, I’m an introvert. Other people just drain all of my energy—even people I like/love. 

I’m not antisocial. I don’t want to go postal or anything. I’d just rather not participate in any group
    activities that aren’t directly related to work. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    There are definitely aspects of working in an office that I miss.  There were always a few good people to talk to, but I just don't miss the nonsense like team potlucks or being guilted into eating cake for someone's birthday on a Tuesday afternoon!  I don't want any cake...just leave me alone! 

And you can't beat just rolling out of bed in the morning and turning your computer on.  And having a 1 year old now makes me appreciate the peace and quiet I get all day even more!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Not true form, but had some awesome shrimp and grits with a creole ham and pepper sauce for dinner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMMVvS_mmqE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpeM_s10g0s
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

Drinking in the snow, making some red and sweet potatoes, and some spiedies.

Happy Saturday night. 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

Happy Saturday night. 
    Spiedies!!! My man. In honor of the yanks getting Stanton?

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Cliffy6745 said: 

Happy Saturday night. 
    Spiedies!!! My man. In honor of the yanks getting Stanton?

Had a round roast I had to cut up; At least the Yanks are back to being truly hateable again.

Smoked salmon scramble with cream cheese, black pepper and sautéed onions; sourdough toast points with salted pasture butter.  
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Went to dinner with one of my sales guys in Orange County last night.
    Roti place
    Started with splitting a Bone Marrow app and a few martinis
    then went with the 2 person board of Roti...
    Porchetta, Lamb, and Chicken
    Fingerling pots that cooked beneath the meat spits...meaning the fat dripped on them throughout
    Pickled veg

Wow, that shit was good!

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    You had me at bone marrow.

(but jeez, I could scarf on the lamb and potatoes, big-time)
  • I go to a place called "plancha" here in NY and LOVE the bone marrow.  I once had beef heart too.  

It's one of the best Tapas places I've been to.

Anybody in NY go check it out, it's in Massapequa, NY.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Classic American meal
    Meatloaf
    Mashed potatoes
    Beets
    Peas
    Wild berry cobbler
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    rgambs said:
    Classic American meal
    Meatloaf
    Mashed potatoes
    Beets
    Peas
    Wild berry cobbler
    You had me at meatloaf, but then you had to go there:flushed:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    My office decided to go with the theme of "Holiday Balls" for our party this afternoon ;) 

Meatballs - Sweet n Sour, Vegan, Chicken Parm
    Risotto Balls
    Mac n Cheese Balls
    Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
    Jalapeno Cornbread Balls
    And of course, cheese balls 

Whole lotta balls in the conference room today... 
    My office decided to go with the theme of "Holiday Balls" for our party this afternoon ;) 

Risotto Balls
    Mac n Cheese Balls
    Jalapeno Cornbread Balls

But no Schweddy balls?

https://youtu.be/bPpcfH_HHH8
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

Risotto Balls
    Mac n Cheese Balls
    Jalapeno Cornbread Balls

But no Schweddy balls?

https://youtu.be/bPpcfH_HHH8
    There were a few misshapen.... nothing like those Schweddy balls!
    We had a few of the chocolate salties :cowboy:
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    I bought America's Test Kitchen Perfect Cookie cookbook. I look at it to be happy. I have the ingredients for the first recipe in the book. Yay!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    It's all about mangos. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    "Gotta be a mango tree here somewhere."
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    "Gotta be a mango tree here somewhere."
    I didn't know that quote but googled it.
    Best summer fruit. Nothing comes close. Maybe watermelon.

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    edited December 2017
    I just had a very nice premium creamy yoghurt with muesli. The mix of tartiness from the yoghurt and the sweet from the honey muesli, mmmmmmm.
    I made this tonight (without the mash so I don't get any fatter). It's one of my favourite dishes.
    https://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/schnitzel-mashed-potatoes-and-red-cabbage?cid=23230
    That sounds delicious....but if concerned about weight everything in that recipe is wrong for you.  Cooking cabbage in goose fat and frying breaded pork is going to make a fella bigger.

I want to eat it, though.  
    That sounds delicious....but if concerned about weight everything in that recipe is wrong for you.  Cooking cabbage in goose fat and frying breaded pork is going to make a fella bigger.

I never use goose fat.
    Butter!

I never use goose fat.
    Butter!
    Both bad for you....but both so, so delicious!