The Food Thread

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    edited May 2021
    Two different types of sausage rings from the local Italian deli on the grill tonight.  Peppers and onions as a side.  

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    ^Looks great!
    Basil Chicken.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Great googly moogly!  (The amount of sausage - wonderful!)
    That chicken looks grinding as well.  Very nice!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,925
    mcgruff10 said:
    Two different types of sausage rings from the local Italian deli on the grill tonight.  Peppers and onions as a side.  

Barese? Looks great!
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,624
    mcgruff10 said:

That looks great. I always look forward to the San Gennero festival in Little Italy. I always get the sausage, pepper, and onion. So good. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I like tacos. 

Downed two just like this one before taking a picture. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    dankind said:
    I like tacos. 

Downed two just like this one before taking a picture. 

I am hungry again. Homemade or from a Taqueria? I could eat tacos al pastor every day but I always defer to the experts.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    ^^^Homemade. Leftover grilled chicken. Nom!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    No photos but my father in law brought us some rice balls that he picked up in Brooklyn today....my god were they good.  just the right amount of riche, cheese and prosciutto.  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Made some hummus today and then some chicken, tomatoes, pickled veggies to eat with some pita for dinner.
    I cleaned this plate in less than ten minutes.  Had to stop myself from making another plate.  
    Lunch tomorrow!

Made some hummus today and then some chicken, tomatoes, pickled veggies to eat with some pita for dinner.
    I cleaned this plate in less than ten minutes.  Had to stop myself from making another plate.  
    Lunch tomorrow!

That looks great, and very healthy. I need to try to make hummus. I know it is fairly easy. I have a recipe for red pepper hummus. Maybe something to try this weekend. 
    Thanks.
    Do you have a food processor?
    If you do, yes, very easy.
    A few tips if you have never made, ones that I like and learned over reviewing a bunch of recipes and making a number of times.

Soak the beans in baking soda and warm water, makes it much easier to remove the skins.

Also, if the consistency is not getting to what you want, add a small ice cube through the food drop in the processor while it is running.  Even another.  

These two things solves the consistency inconsistency....which was my only real gripe about the hummus recipes.
    Thanks.
    A few tips if you have never made, ones that I like and learned over reviewing a bunch of recipes and making a number of times.

Soak the beans in baking soda and warm water, makes it much easier to remove the skins.

Also, if the consistency is not getting to what you want, add a small ice cube through the food drop in the processor while it is running.  Even another.  

These two things solves the consistency inconsistency....which was my only real gripe about the hummus recipes.
    Thanks for the tips. I do have a food processor so I think I will give it a try. 
    GlowGirl said:
    Thanks.

Thanks for the tips. I do have a food processor so I think I will give it a try. 

Let us know how it turns out.  I could put this shit on everything.  So good!
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,828
    Lunch tomorrow!

Looks great. My wife loves hummus- always buying the store bought stuff.
    Is it mostly chickpeas?
    Yep.  Chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    edited May 2021
    So easy to make at home and so good. That looks awesome 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    Rainy evening made apple turnovers from scratch! Can’t wait to have with scoop of ice cream ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Looks great

Nice little Monday dinner 
    Scallops, so good!
    Octopus is in the pot.

eddiec said:
    Octopus is in the pot.

Oh yes!
    Making a few batches of hummus again today.  
    Would like a side of tako sashimi, thank you!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    Hello and welcome to Sunday Morning. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    Razor Clams with Fennel.

Looking good, guys!
    eddiec said:
    Razor Clams with Fennel.

Duuuuude
    Those razor clams.......wow!
    My wife and I are heading up to Providence, Rhode Island for two nights at the end of June.  Any restaurant recommendations?
    Two batches of hummus....my wife conveniently found something to do just as I set out the chickpeas for taking off their shells.  Only part of the task that is painful.  
    She doesn't get garlic nor lemon juice so we need to make two batches since I want both of those in mine.
    Do you guys cook with your significant others or solo?

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    All look great. Those razor clams look amazing, well done.