Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,256
    Ms. Haiku said:
    I love pizza, but I can't have dairy anymore. Pizza without dairy is a flatbread, right? I was thinking of a whole wheat/chestnut crust. I haven't made it, but it sounds like it could work.
    Have you ever had tomato pie? This place makes the best tomato pies if you are ever in the Philly area

https://conshybakery.com/best-bakery-products/best-tomato-pies-pizza/

I used to live down the street and the smell from just walking by the place was enough to make you start salivating...

A food adventure in the making!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    23scidoo said:

Maybe that is an artisanal pie from a real wood burning oven. If so, I would guess it was good. But there have been a bunch of places around here that appear to serve killer pies just that one only to find they are not good. I call them corporate pizzas. Menu looks great, atmosphere is good, but the pies are not.  If you liked that's all that matters.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,586
    23scidoo said:

This doesn't look appealing to me.

What's going on here Scidoo?
    Crust looks good.  Is that prosciutto there strewn haphazardly across?  :)
    I would eat that.  Perhaps cook a bit longer....but it looks decent.
    With mozzarella, a variety of fresh mushrooms (champignon & shimeji), crudo prosciutto, arugula, truffle oil & parmesan flakes..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,586
    Get_Right said:
    23scidoo said:

Maybe that is an artisanal pie from a real wood burning oven. If so, I would guess it was good. But there have been a bunch of places around here that appear to serve killer pies just that one only to find they are not good. I call them corporate pizzas. Menu looks great, atmosphere is good, but the pies are not.  If you liked that's all that matters.
    Real wood here..great crust..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,359
    Ms. Haiku said:
    Ms. Haiku said:
    I love pizza, but I can't have dairy anymore. Pizza without dairy is a flatbread, right? I was thinking of a whole wheat/chestnut crust. I haven't made it, but it sounds like it could work.
    Have you ever had tomato pie? This place makes the best tomato pies if you are ever in the Philly area

I used to live down the street and the smell from just walking by the place was enough to make you start salivating...

Have you ever had a tomato pie?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:
    Ms. Haiku said:

No. It looks like pizza without the cheese. Is that what it is?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,584
    Ms. Haiku said:
    Ms. Haiku said:
    Ms. Haiku said:

Yes and the tomato is cold. It's a Philly thing.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,124
    Ms. Haiku said:
    Ms. Haiku said:
    Ms. Haiku said:

They couldn't afford mozzarella, lol.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,276
    Ms. Haiku said:
    Ms. Haiku said:
    Ms. Haiku said:

They couldn't afford mozzarella, lol.
    Or ovens!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Reminds me of this.
    https://youtu.be/BG7273yDpdA
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,227

• Options

What in SAM'S HELL is that?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    😂 
    I thought it might get a reaction.

Wood-fired place near us does some crazy pies and we usually can’t decide and go half and half.

One side is a white pie, ground beef, pico de gallo, avocado and fresh lime juice.

Right side is soprasetta, arugula, roasted onions, and roasted garlic.

Sounds crazy but they are good. Crust there is always great.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,959

Hmmmmmmmm. To each their own.  ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,684
    edited July 2023
    Gotta say I don't think it looks that great but I'd happily try a piece of each and then be able to appreciate what you are saying.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,553
    sorry, zero :nuh_uh:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd try the one on the left. I like arugula, but not sprinkled on a pizza.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The best thing about the arugula is it falls right off if you don’t want it!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,684
    The best thing about the arugula is it falls right off if you don’t want it!
    Hahaha.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,200

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    😂 

Wood-fired place near us does some crazy pies and we usually can’t decide and go half and half.

One side is a white pie, ground beef, pico de gallo, avocado and fresh lime juice.

Not a pizza. One side is a soft taco the other is an appetizer.
  • Options
    He isn't worried about the price of milk. He's worried about the price of arugula!!!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    I love pizza. Is there anything better than pizza? I can't have cheese anymore, but so what. I can still enjoy the awesomeness from afar. Pizza is love. Love is pizza.
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:
    I love pizza. Is there anything better than pizza? I can't have cheese anymore, but so what. I can still enjoy the awesomeness from afar. Pizza is love. Love is pizza.
    Can you do a non dairy cheese?
  • Options
    He isn't worried about the price of milk. He's worried about the price of arugula!!!
    YARN  Its a vegetable  My Blue Heaven 1990  Video gifs by quotes   5a816352
  • Options
    Sorry - it's one of those political quotes that just cracks me up.

• Options
    Sorry - it's one of those political quotes that just cracks me up.
    Any time I hear "arugula" I think of Steve Martin in My Blue Heaven, lol.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,959
    We just had what appears to be day old pizza delivered to the camp I work at.  Top five worst pizza I ever had.  The kids didn’t even eat it. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    That looks rough. Has some weird circular pattern going on there.
  • Options
    😂 

Not a pizza. One side is a soft taco the other is an appetizer.
    Hmm, well I did fold that slice in half. Maybe I did eat a taco? 🤔 😜 

Nah, it was pizza! But, yeah, weird pizza.