Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Why the hell would you fold a slice that's the size of an iPhone??
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Was poking fun a bit...but the fold is designed to keep the contents on the slice and from not spilling out.  I get the feeling that spill is inevitable with those center squares.
    Does look good, though, I would chomp that down and enjoy it.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Was poking fun a bit...but the fold is designed to keep the contents on the slice and from not spilling out.  I get the feeling that spill is inevitable with those center squares.
    It’s hard to fold even the outer squares because thin crust is usually cooked a little bit crispier here. So you can hold it on the edge and it would keep its shape, unlike a softer, doughier east coast slice. They’re both delish! 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    bbiggs said:
    It’s hard to fold even the outer squares because thin crust is usually cooked a little bit crispier here. So you can hold it on the edge and it would keep its shape, unlike a softer, doughier east coast slice. They’re both delish! 
    I'm great with that...just hoping that hot cheese and clumps of sauce do not end up on me/clothing/table.  Next time in Chicago I am going to hunt down a pizza that is not deep dish or pot pie and that people love...give it a whirl.  I am sure there is good pizza in every city of size, with different strokes for different folks. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    I'm great with that...just hoping that hot cheese and clumps of sauce do not end up on me/clothing/table.  Next time in Chicago I am going to hunt down a pizza that is not deep dish or pot pie and that people love...give it a whirl.  I am sure there is good pizza in every city of size, with different strokes for different folks. 
    Absolutely. The heavy majority of pizza here is non deep dish. Those are more a once in a while type pie. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Absolutely. The heavy majority of pizza here is non deep dish. Those are more a once in a while type pie. 
    What's with this kumbaya shit? 

Brooklyn in the house (Lucali)!

Get that Chicago Prego and Sargento shit out of my fucking face!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

:lol:
    That does look delicious.  Only think I would ask is for them to take a moment pull the basil from the stems.
    Parsley & Basil - no stems.  Cilantro?  Stems ok.
    Personal preference, I guess, if this is how they normally serve.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

True Dan! Too much kumbaya around here. Chicago pizza always has been and always will be the best! That pie above looks amazing though, minus the stems. 
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

That does look delicious.  Only think I would ask is for them to take a moment pull the basil from the stems.
    Hey, the pizzaiolo got stabbed for fucking a wise guy's goomah, and he didn't rat or press charges; he can do what he likes with the basil.

Look at this cracker crust.

Fuhgeddaboudit!
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Hey, the pizzaiolo got stabbed for fucking a wise guy's goomah, and he didn't rat or press charges; he can do what he likes with the basil.
    I'm not telling him to take the moment to pick them...I'm telling YOU it would be good if they did.  ;)

Love bringing the goomah into it. :lol:   
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    That pic I posted is from Michaels, just a little north of Wrigley. Next time PJ has a show there, be sure to hit it up! I’ll definitely join if I’m there.
  • Options
    Just overheard a girl at work: "I put ice in my wine, I like it coooooold!"  @mcgruff10 You have family in western Maryland?? :lol:
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Just overheard a girl at work: "I put ice in my wine, I like it coooooold!"  @mcgruff10 You have family in western Maryland?? :lol:
    Could be an ex girlfriend! Lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    That pizza looks SOOO much better than deep toilet or pig pot ones.  A little heavy on the sauce, but if the sauce is good I am a-ok with that.  Also fine with the square cuts, so long as I get an outside one that I can fold.  Looks like if you tried to fold the middle 4 that you might end up spilling the cheese anyway...which is what the fold is designed to avoid.
    Not sure about Chicago, but here in the northeast, that is how greek style pizza is cut. We do not fold a greek style pie as the crust is thicker and less pliable than a thin crust pie. Love me a greek pie!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Good lord I hope not!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Good lord I hope not!
    That bad?  Maybe it is my ex wife?! Lol
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    bbiggs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    bbiggs said:
    Anyone ever eat at Oven Grinder in Chicago? I’ve heard about their legendary Pizza Pot Pie but have never had it myself. Looks delicious.

It looks disgusting to me! :lol: Why don't people in Chicago like actual pizza? They always want to turn it into something other than pizza, lol.
    "Actual" Chicago pizza: :wink:

Spot on, Dyer. This is what most Chicago pizzas look like (notice square slices). The misconception is that we’re a one trick pony for deep dish. That ‘za looks amazing. 
    Yes!  Thank you!  This is what I eat 95% of the time.  Deep dish is maybe 3-4 times per year.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Good lord I hope not!
    "Upgrade" would be a pretty big understatement. :lol:
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Good lord I hope not!
    lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

You are an asshole but that pizza looks good as hell. 

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

:kiss:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    I happened to see this thread while eating Dominos pizza at work.  My one comment in this 110 page thread is about Dominoes.  That will be all.
  • Options
    I happened to see this thread while eating Dominos pizza at work.  My one comment in this 110 page thread is about Dominoes.  That will be all.
    Your first post on this thread is about dominos?  Can we get a vote to allow bootlegger to contribute?  Good dude and has seen over 109 pj shows but a clear virgin when it comes to good pizza. I vote yes but with a trial period. One more dominos reference and he is permanently banned. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    mcgruff10 said:
    Your first post on this thread is about dominos?  Can we get a vote to allow bootlegger to contribute?  Good dude and has seen over 109 pj shows but a clear virgin when it comes to good pizza. I vote yes but with a trial period. One more dominos reference and he is permanently banned. 
    If S_C is allowed to post actual photos of him cutting frozen vegan pizza with scissors, I think bootlegger10 should get to join with full member status, and also get to make at least a couple more Dominos faux pas before getting banned.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

• Options
    I have no beef with Domino’s. And Alli is right re: frozen vegan pizza scissors! 
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    mcgruff10 said:
    See the source image
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,476
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

yes and maybe.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    If S_C is allowed to post actual photos of him cutting frozen vegan pizza with scissors, I think bootlegger10 should get to join with full member status, and also get to make at least a couple more Dominos faux pas before getting banned.
    Hmmmmmm.  This is an excellent point. I think spiritual needs a thirty day timeout. 
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    When you land in a strange city at 10pm and get to the Courtyard Marriott starving at 11pm, Domino's is the only game in town. It works in a pinch.  Every stoner has ordered Domino's and ranch dressing for dipping.  Just always regret it the next day!