Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    So why do people fold, if not for expeditious eating? I always thought that was the point, lol.
    Because you're generally eating a giant slice while standing or on the move. 

Sitdown pizza is another story. That generally is cut into smaller slices and eaten while sitting at a restaurant, so it doesn't get folded unless someone does it out of habit. 
    All the sit-down pizza I have ever had has been cut so you can fold it.  You fold it so the grease doesn't get on you lol.  
    If I actually have time to sit at a good pizzeria in NYC, knife and fork until the structural integrity is such that one can pick it up. Folding it is an insult to the pizzaiolo. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,892
    edited August 2017
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    So why do people fold, if not for expeditious eating? I always thought that was the point, lol.

Sitdown pizza is another story. That generally is cut into smaller slices and eaten while sitting at a restaurant, so it doesn't get folded unless someone does it out of habit. 
    All the sit-down pizza I have ever had has been cut so you can fold it.  You fold it so the grease doesn't get on you lol.  
    If I actually have time to sit at a good pizzeria in NYC, knife and fork until the structural integrity is such that one can pick it up. Folding it is an insult to the pizzaiolo. 
    Dude NO ONE uses a knife and fork when eating pizza. Just stop. 
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    edited August 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Dude NO ONE uses a knife and fork when eating pizza. You aren't Italian. 
    I remember that people in London didn't know how to eat pizza back in the 80s. When you went out for pizza (which was invariably disgusting, because they didn't know how to make pizza either. Fucking PIzza Hut was the best option, which is terrible), everyone was there eating it with a knife and fork, lol. We actually had to do it ourselves because everyone was acting like we were animals or something, eating it with our hands. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:
    'Cuz those who think they live at the center of the universe eat floppy pizza that can't be handled otherwise.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Dude NO ONE uses a knife and fork when eating pizza. Just stop. 
    Lou Malnatis is one pizza I'll sometimes start to eat with a fork and knife until the slice is halfway done.  Otherwise it's like trying to balance a 10 pound dumbbell with each bite lol 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    dankind said:
    Wobbie said:
    dankind said:
    This thread just confirms my suspicion that everyone who's not a New Yorker is just wrong.

you're not a new yorker....you're a masshole by way of florida. WTF?
    Wrong. I may currently reside in Massachusetts, but it is quite possibly the worst mistake I have ever made in my life.

Massholes actually enjoy living here. I'm miserable every damn day and take steps to try to escape back to New York. 

I'm still a New Yorker to anyone who actually knows me. You obviously don't.

Oh, and Massholes especially think I'm a New Yorker. 
    no true "new yorker" would be singing sweet caroline at sawx games.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    'Cuz those who think they live at the center of the universe eat floppy pizza that can't be handled otherwise.

:clap:  Thank you, Gambs!
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    dankind said:
    Wobbie said:
    dankind said:
    This thread just confirms my suspicion that everyone who's not a New Yorker is just wrong.

you're not a new yorker....you're a masshole by way of florida. WTF?
    Wrong. I may currently reside in Massachusetts, but it is quite possibly the worst mistake I have ever made in my life.

Massholes actually enjoy living here. I'm miserable every damn day and take steps to try to escape back to New York. 

I'm still a New Yorker to anyone who actually knows me. You obviously don't.

Oh, and Massholes especially think I'm a New Yorker. 
    no true "new yorker" would be singing sweet caroline at sawx games.
    I don't really either, except for the kid sometimes, and when I do, I know how to pronounce the letter "r."
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    true & im not a new yorker. i've saw plenty of food shows. new yorkers grab a giant slice on the go, fold it & eat while standing & walking. they claim they're busy, perhaps they're fulla doodoo? frickin relax a bit. it's a different lifestyle that's for sure       
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:
    true & im not a new yorker. i've saw plenty of food shows. new yorkers grab a giant slice on the go, fold it & eat while standing & walking. they claim they're busy, perhaps they're fulla doodoo? frickin relax a bit. it's a different lifestyle that's for sure       
    You'll look silly eating a slice without folding it.  Just sayin'...

Only pizza I've eaten with a knife and fork is that Chitown deep dish.  That 'ish is good because I love cheese.
  • Options
    what about a good slice of breakfast pizza? haven't had it in a number of years. in iowa, you grab a slice or two at a gas station deli. the sauce is a cheese based sauce. sausage, scrambled egg bits & cheese. the stuff rocks w/ a mocha or pumpkin spice latte.   

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Pumpkin spice latte? Mocha? Who the hell took over chadwick's account? 

@rollings, is that you again?
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

laughing

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    chadwick said:

laughing

Me too =)

chadwick, maybe Iowa is better than CA in terms of gas station (deli?!) food but I wouldn't trust eating from any of the ones I go to.
  • Options
    This is chadwick coffee, goddamn it!

Not this.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    chadwick said:
    what about a good slice of breakfast pizza? haven't had it in a number of years. in iowa, you grab a slice or two at a gas station deli. the sauce is a cheese based sauce. sausage, scrambled egg bits & cheese. the stuff rocks w/ a mocha or pumpkin spice latte.   
    Your first mistake was you were in Iowa.

Your second mistake was eating pizza in Iowa.

Third mistake was eating pizza from a(shudder) gas station...

Fourth was eating a breakfast pizza?  Does it have eggs and bacon on it?

I am a NYer and take pizza very seriously.
  • Options
    hey i've drove a freightliner w/ a 53ft trailer fulla fish thru your east-coast pizza haven. what a fucking nightmare. if i lived there, i'd fold my pizza too. i'd also fold my everything else. you fuckers are unique, out of your minds,     

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:
    hey i've drove a freightliner w/ a 53ft trailer fulla fish thru your east-coast pizza haven. what a fucking nightmare. if i lived there, i'd fold my pizza too. i'd also fold my everything else. you fuckers are unique, out of your minds,     
    I think you're on to something here. Folding pizza is a survival instinct for those people.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    hey, phuckers, iowa rocks balls. as a matter of fact the best pizza i've ever had was in iowa at a little mom & pop joint. they had a backroom w/ arcade games & two pool tables. as a teenager this place was partytownusa. great grub, lenient with us young dickheads, & many of us worked there. i was a delivery guy from time to time. we'd stash our supplies in the men's restroom & have a pool shooting party. this went on for a few yrs. super great pizza. no i will not give up the name or address. y'all are screwed, go to nyc           

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:
    hey, phuckers, iowa rocks balls. as a matter of fact the best pizza i've ever had was in iowa at a little mom & pop joint. they had a backroom w/ arcade games & two pool tables. as a teenager this place was partytownusa. great grub, lenient with us young dickheads, & many of us worked there. i was a delivery guy from time to time. we'd stash our supplies in the men's restroom & have a pool shooting party. this went on for a few yrs. super great pizza. no i will not give up the name or address. y'all are screwed, go to nyc           
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    chadwick said:
    We had a place like that in my college town. I can't remember if the pizza was any good (probably not), but when you've got a couple of pitchers on the table to share with friends, good tunes cranking on the jukebox and you're waiting for your shot with a pool cue in your hand, it may as well be the best pizza in the world.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    chadwick said:
    I built a prison in Burlington Iowa.  I actually enjoyed myself there.  In the summer we got rafts and inner tubes to ride on and a cooler of beer, maybe a flask or two and float down the river. 
  • Options
    i like y'all. this is a great thread. fact of the matter is, nyers are a pain in the intestines  

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:
    i like y'all. this is a great thread. fact of the matter is, nyers are a pain in the intestines  
    Amen!
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    chadwick said:
    Amen!
    Oh c'mon and y'all are just gems, lol!
  • Options

hedonist,

back in iowa there could be a small town w/ just less than 500 residence. sure there could be a town 10-20 miles away w/ more people. if you are running a gas station deli, in a tiny ass town, it'd be in your best interest to have something decent. at least that's how i see it  

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    In my college town, we had a little place called Four Star Pizza.  They had what they called the General's Special - a general sized pizza (24" diameter), 20 wings, and a 2-liter for $16.  My roommates and I would order that a couple times a week.  It probably wasn't that great of pizza, but when you're a starving college kid and $4 gets you 4 or 5 giant slices, 5 wings, and some soda to wash it all down... you'd take the Pepsi challenge against Eric Repert any day.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options
    The best fried chicken I've ever had came from a gas station.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    chadwick said:
    Amen!
    Oh c'mon and y'all are just gems, lol!
    Gems and rhinestones!  The kind that are encrusted around the anus of a treasure hoarding troll who doesn't know the meaning of the word "bathe".
    But at least we know so and don't think otherwise!

• Options
    edited September 2017
    chadwick said:
    I built a prison in Burlington Iowa.  I actually enjoyed myself there.  In the summer we got rafts and inner tubes to ride on and a cooler of beer, maybe a flask or two and float down the river. 

near burlington or actually in burlington? do you remember which river? mississippi, skunk, des moines?
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce