Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    Everyone loves pizza.  No matter the kind.  
  • Options
    Pizza thread is becoming my favourite thread.

We had some stone fired pizza tonight after getting all our crap moved. It took everything in me not to snap a few shots and get in here and brag, but I thought my buddies might think I'm an idiot.

We had beer too. A great day. Rode our bikes up a mountain in the morning. Moved all my shit. Ate pizza. Drank beer. 

And now I sit without internet or TV. Can't watch the last two episodes of Ozark. Can only sit here and type on my phone and wonder if the new internet will be up so I can do my fantasy football draft at my house.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    I will admit whilst on the road if I wanted pizza I would purchase the Stouffers French bread deluxe and add mozzarella on top and cook until the cheese started to brown.

This was cooked in my toaster oven.

This was actually yummy.

Poison, but yummy.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I will admit whilst on the road if I wanted pizza I would purchase the Stouffers French bread deluxe and add mozzarella on top and cook until the cheese started to brown.

This was cooked in my toaster oven.

This was actually yummy.

Poison, but yummy.
    They are tasty if prepped right.
    Poison?
    I don't think that's fair to the fine folks at Stouffer's.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    edited August 2017
    Del,
    pictures of the pizza or it didn't happen. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

cauliflower crust pizza. been meaning to try this for over a year now. that's it, gonna get the ingredients tonight. except my version will have meat i think

https://youtu.be/XaCYSX5WE5M

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    chadwick said:

cauliflower crust pizza. been meaning to try this for over a year now. that's it, gonna get the ingredients tonight. except my version will have meat i think

Let us know how bad this tastes, lol.
  • Options
    chadwick said:

I tried this and broccoli pizza; it was terrible and I farted for days. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    Anyone ever made meatzza? That would be pizza with a lean ground beef "crust" (meant for low-carb diets). It's actually fucking delicious if done right. I've done it in the oven and on the grill. I know some might say, "THAT'S NOT PIZZA!" :lol: Either way, it's good!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Anyone ever made meatzza? That would be pizza with a lean ground beef "crust" (meant for low-carb diets). It's actually fucking delicious if done right. I've done it in the oven and on the grill. I know some might say, "THAT'S NOT PIZZA!" :lol: Either way, it's good!
    Does the "crust" fall a part if you try to fold a slice? How does the crust bind?  
    Sounds good but a cholesterol nightmare lol. 
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Does the "crust" fall a part if you try to fold a slice? How does the crust bind?  
    No, it holds together very nicely if you make it properly. You mix an egg in to bind it. And you use extra lean beef, so it's actually not unhealthy, especially not if you cook it on the grill so what little grease there is in the beef drips out (although cooking it on the grill is a bit tricky, albeit tastier, if you can manage to keep it from being dry - using the oven is definitely easier). It's probably healthier than regular pizza overall, since it's low carb.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    That make sense!  I m gonna have to give that a try!  Sounds delish. 
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    That make sense!  I m gonna have to give that a try!  Sounds delish. 
    Ya! Another important ingredient for the crust is garlic powder, IMO. Without it (and a little salt), the crust is bland. I'm sure other spices in there would be good too. :)
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Haha it's a sad state of pizza affairs when people make the assumption that a slice should be folded.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Haha it's a sad state of pizza affairs when people make the assumption that a slice should be folded.
    Oh, you know what, I didn't even notice that he mentioned the folding part. I thought he was asking if it fell apart, period. Folding? I don't do it, and I don't understand why people do, really. Yeah, I doubt a meatzza crust would stand up to folding. It would probably just break at the fold. But you wouldn't need to fold it anyhow unless you decided to make a ridiculous huge one, lol. A slice of meatzza slice is way more filling than a regular slice, so no need for very large meatzza pies. :tongue:
  • Options
    If you live in nj/ny you fold your slice when eating.  That s not even up for debate. And I m obviously not talking about a Sicilian slide. 
    I cant believe the rest of you don't.  It seems so unorthodox. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    If you live in nj/ny you fold your slice when eating.  That s not even up for debate. And I m obviously not talking about a Sicilian slide. 
    I cant believe the rest of you don't.  It seems so unorthodox. 
    I have seen this done on TV and in the movies, but there is no way I'm folding my pizza. It is pointless and fucks up the bite IMO.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    folded or unfolded, im golden. i actually prefer square cut slices. squares i don't fold. i'm mostly after thin crust as i cut breads out of my diet    
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    My opinion on folding pizza: If you wanted a calzone, why didn't you just get a calzone?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    This thread just confirms my suspicion that everyone who's not a New Yorker is just wrong.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    dankind said:
    This thread just confirms my suspicion that everyone who's not a New Yorker is just wrong.

I think it just confirms that New Yorkers always think they're right.  Key word: think.
  • Options
    My opinion on folding pizza: If you wanted a calzone, why didn't you just get a calzone?
    why can't I figure out what you are saying lol.  You are saying you fold your pizza, correct?
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,478
    dankind said:

you're not a new yorker....you're a masshole by way of florida. WTF?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,472
    I have never folded a pizza slice, I always thought it was wierd when I first saw people folding pizza. Although it does look like a great idea.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I think folding pizza is great for those who want to cram as much food in their mouths as they can as quickly as possible. :lol: But I am a really slow eater. I like to savour my food more than what's considered normal, so take small bites.
  • Options
    You just take small bites when folding.  Lol

i love that we all have our own customs and cultures!  Seriously. Good times everyone.  
  • Options
    So why do people fold, if not for expeditious eating? I always thought that was the point, lol.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    dankind said:

you're not a new yorker....you're a masshole by way of florida. WTF?
    Wrong. I may currently reside in Massachusetts, but it is quite possibly the worst mistake I have ever made in my life.

Massholes actually enjoy living here. I'm miserable every damn day and take steps to try to escape back to New York. 

I'm still a New Yorker to anyone who actually knows me. You obviously don't.

Oh, and Massholes especially think I'm a New Yorker. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    So why do people fold, if not for expeditious eating? I always thought that was the point, lol.
    Because you're generally eating a giant slice while standing or on the move. 

Sitdown pizza is another story. That generally is cut into smaller slices and eaten while sitting at a restaurant, so it doesn't get folded unless someone does it out of habit. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Because you're generally eating a giant slice while standing or on the move. 

Sitdown pizza is another story. That generally is cut into smaller slices and eaten while sitting at a restaurant, so it doesn't get folded unless someone does it out of habit. 
    All the sit-down pizza I have ever had has been cut so you can fold it.  You fold it so the grease doesn't get on you lol.