Options

RIP Chris Cornell

Comments

• Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    We have been waking up to bad news every day but this had me shoot straight out of bed screaming !!!  
    WHAT???? This can't be happening!
    I am so sad, shocked, and angry along with everyone else ------ this can't be real. :bawling::anguished:
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    God fucking dammit!!!!!!!!!! Not another one. Anybody else crying at work right now? God.
    yes. a VP just walked by and asked if I had allergies. I said "nope, i was crying. Chris Cornell". 

he said something incredibly insensitive about suicide. if you don't understand depression, shut your mouth. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    froggsfroggs Posts: 17
    Shocked and saddened. :( RIP Chris
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    God fucking dammit!!!!!!!!!! Not another one. Anybody else crying at work right now? God.
    There was absolutely no way I was going to work today...
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    yes. a VP just walked by and asked if I had allergies. I said "nope, i was crying. Chris Cornell". 

he said something incredibly insensitive about suicide. if you don't understand depression, shut your mouth. 
    Seriously though - tell that person to shut his motherfucking mouth. Ugh.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    NWOntario said:
    There was absolutely no way I was going to work today...

If I didn't work from home, there is no way I could have went in. This is tough :(
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
  • Options
    PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    This sucks.  RIP
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    I've watched those I admire from the music industry pass before their time and this one hit me the hardest.  I don't know if I've ever cried over the death of an icon before.  His wonderful tribute to Andy Wood is also a wonderful tribute to himself.  I wish his family and friends all of the best.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    lcitrinitilcitriniti Posts: 51
    Still can't comprehend that this is true... getting anything done at work today is gonna be impossible. RIP
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    SHOCKED like everyone here..
    R.I.P. Chris...
    so so so sad......
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    GOD DAMMIT!! WHY?!! WHY?!!!!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Unbelievable.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    I'm in such disbelief and so sad that if his suspected cause of death is true that he suffered so much.  There are other answers to such pain. I'm so sad that those answers didn't find him first or weren't enough. 
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    I'm having trouble functioning. his poor family and friends. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BN260353BN260353 Posts: 28
    Shocked just shocked...Say Hello to Heaven...RIP Chris
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

I agree. I've been crying as well. I never thought I'd mourn like this over a celebrity death. But then I realized this isn't just another celebrity death. I feel like I know Chris, along with eddie and Layne staley. I grew up with them. He altered my life's path. I don't care that I never met him. His music touched me in a way very few people other than my children have. 

RIP CHRIS. I hope you found the peace you were looking for. 
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    my wife called me on her way to work to see if I had heard the news and to see if I was ok. I could barely speak. 

FUCK. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,984
    I'm having trouble functioning. his poor family and friends. 
    I'm with you...it's like the longer this day goes on the sicker I feel.

I can't imagine how his band mates and friends/family feel.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    Ed is the last man standing!
    It wasn't a fucking contest. This comment of yours sucks! Delete the hell out of this. junk comment for fuck sakes. 
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I managed to pull myself together and get to work. Still absolutely devastated.

I know that I was always destined to be a Pearl Jam fan, but if it wasn't for Soundgarden I might not have gotten into them until much later. I owe so much of my musical taste to Chris and SG, it's unreal. Thanks for the memories.

Give a big ol' hug to Shannon and Andy when you see 'em, Chris.
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,077
    Ray J. T. said:

Thanks for posting. Good version. Was the 3rd song I listened to today, after Say Hello 2 Heaven and Hunger Strike. Never got into SG but knew they were a great band. Watching the PJ20 DVD made me realize how Chris was as much the heart of the Seattle scene as anyone could be. Sorry to see him go so young.
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    There's a lot about this that's devastating, but to me, apart from the obvious (wife/kids/music), is the fact that a man who gave so much to so many millions of people died alone on a fucking bathroom floor in a hotel room. That's horrific no matter the cause.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    They used to write a song for each other everyday. They have a lot of catching up to do.

I don't believe in heaven, but today I hope that some version of it exists, and that some lucky group of people are listening to one of the most beautiful duets of all-time. Goodbye Chris, tell Andy we all say hello. 
  • Options
    i'ts not how we die. it's how we lived. and he lived LARGE. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    So absolutely devastated...sending light and love to his family and friends
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703

just saw him Friday night in council bluffs Iowa... played my favorite tune MY WAVE... Thanks for all the great memories and songs chris... RIP

• Options
    stevedsteved Posts: 651
    Just devastating news.. I am very grateful for the music and many experiences that have been gifted to us through his career. I have followed him closely, and had the pleasure of meeting him a few times and spending a little time with him. The music will always live on and the experiences will always be cherished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL40T2QWtyw

1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    vzouzalvzouzal Posts: 202
    Having dealt with the suicide of a close family member in the past, this stirs up all of those intense emotions of sadness, anger and all of the unanswered questions...suicide is such a devastating loss for the people left behind. My heart goes out to his wife and kids, band-mates and friends.

Chris we all loved you so much, I truly hope you have found peace.

• Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    wow.... been a long time since I logged in.... but... wow....

lost for words, other than those of condolences and sympathy for those close to him.

That community must be shattered right now... my best wishes of support to all those suffering...

shep
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place