Poll--The Weakest Link: Backspacer Round 3

MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
edited May 2017 in The Porch
On to Round 3
Johnny Guitar, Speed Of Sound, and The Fixer eliminated in Round 1.
The End, Supersonic, and Gonna See My Friend eliminated in Round 2.

Again, you are going to pick the song that you think is the "Weakest Link" from the remaining list after a couple days I remove another two (2) songs with the most votes.
Remember for a song to be eliminated it must get a minimum of 10 votes.

ONLY 2 SONGS WILL BE ELIMINATED THIS ROUND

We will then move on to the Semi-Finals.

The poll will close on Friday (5/19) at 3:00pm cst.

Poll--The Weakest Link: Backspacer Round 3 175 votes

Got Some
18%
CantKeepmedownForce Of Nature104 years and countingchiwhitesoxdavidoswhichwaysignForiginal SinRP112579Kearn5yCP218430MRMACPHISTO75Cortez the Killer sent meMedozKrylanVitalogensiaangry_skullPapbrianluxALauxPJForceofNature 33 votes
Just Breathe
26%
jeffbrintodeepreleaseNYDr. Delight2-feign-reluctancejdopjlowenanpjpitt89Mike76tunodamaiDercheefmookieblalockryph raphcutzIndifference71BrainofBGAPA Jammerdimitrispearljamjoberschlakemace1229 46 votes
Amongst The Waves
13%
RiotAct10ledveddermanThe Akkusigotid88HebejebeAndySlashSpiritual_Chaosmfc2006dannyRoeghmannShaqdaddytbergsFlying MXZBettrMan21JB111896shetellsherself23scidooriley540oftenreadingRunIntoTheRain 24 votes
Unthought Known
6%
BEnglish017bootlegger10JimmyVIM160456ewok pantsRiotZactderbydavePJ_SoulHughFreakingDillonewillstweedyfanjen 11 votes
Force Of Nature
34%
elwayvedderCServantmcgruff10my_waveNewJPagespnoonesachtriva5pjpearljimlogan5ivegoldrushlolobuggNamirattzeynycratsP34RL J4MM3Rchinese_nSmellymanScreamHello_33Silver_Pearl 61 votes
Post edited by MedozK on

Comments

• whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 740
    Got Some
    Now it gets tough...
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself Posts: 8,818
    Amongst The Waves
    Lol. I'm the first to vote. Looks funny to see ATW with 100% of the vote. 
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Unthought Known
    Neither Unthought Known nor Force Of Nature should survive this round but both probably will.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,808
    Amongst The Waves
    Unthought Known or Force Of Nature. or Got Some
    I miss igotid88
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,895
    Unthought Known
    JimmyV said:
    Neither Unthought Known nor Force Of Nature should survive this round but both probably will.
    It seems that a fair number of people think Unthought Known is some kind of PJ masterpiece. Go figure!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    Force Of Nature
    PJ_Soul said:
    JimmyV said:
    It seems that a fair number of people think Unthought Known is some kind of PJ masterpiece. Go figure!
    It s an amazing song live.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Unthought Known
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    JimmyV said:
    I don't think so, but I'm glad someone enjoys it! ;) If I could choose to love everything PJ plays, I would. It's a lot more fun than disliking something, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Unthought Known
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    JimmyV said:
    Eh. Never got into it.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430
    edited May 2017
    Force Of Nature
    Really tough vote. I feel like these are all the songs that should be left at this point. I hate having to vote for any of them.
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    Got Some
    Tough choice this round.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    edited May 2017
    Force Of Nature
    JimmyV said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    JimmyV said:
    Eh. Never got into it.
    It kicked ass at Fenway 2! It seemed like all of Boston liked it that night. 
    Force Of Nature
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    JimmyV said:
    I don't think so, but I'm glad someone enjoys it! ;) If I could choose to love everything PJ plays, I would. It's a lot more fun than disliking something, lol.
    Much better than anything off of that 2002 album you love so much! ;)
  • PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Got Some
    I hate to see Force of Nature voted off, but it looks like it just might. 
    "A beacon on dry land"
    edited May 2017
    Unthought Known
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    JimmyV said:
    Much better than anything off of that 2002 album you love so much! ;)

:lol:
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,180
    Amongst The Waves
    Amongst the waves tried to be a Given to Fly epic but without the sharpness of Eddie Vedders 1991 to 2002 lyrics.

I guess it has been replaced by Lightning Bolt now in some sense. The "songs that wants to be epic, but will not be classics like the former true epics" tier.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,180
    Amongst The Waves
    Force of Nature has a cool sound to the guitars and a cool vibe. I dig it a lot. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Amongst The Waves
    Amongst the waves tried to be a Given to Fly epic but without the sharpness of Eddie Vedders 1991 to 2002 lyrics.

I guess it has been replaced by Lightning Bolt now in some sense. The "songs that wants to be epic, but will not be classics like the former true epics" tier.
    /\ He's not lying, folks. He's not lying. 
  • pearljam1809pearljam1809 Posts: 863
    Just Breathe
    It´s about time Just Breathe leaves this poll, never like it much, specially live
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    Unthought Known
    The correct answer is Unthought Known with a close second being Just Breathe.
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,483
    Force Of Nature
    3rd time lucky...

I've been reading the comments on the last 2 polls and wondered if I was missing something with Force of Nature. I just listened to it a few minutes ago and it did nothing to change my mind.
    Honestly, I don't think it's a bad song - it's certainly no Evacuation! The vocals and lyrics are ok, but musically it does nothing for me.

Got Some for the win (although I've been wrong in every other poll so far :))
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Posts: 4,830
    Just Breathe
    Force of Nature is the runaway best song on this album
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    Just Breathe
    For me Force of Nature is the best song on the album.
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Just Breathe
    Yes I understand that every song's life in a tournament must end, uh huh....
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    Got Some
    Force of Nature is the runaway best song on this album

6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Got Some
    jdopj said:
    For me Force of Nature is the best song on the album.
    Agree! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    Unthought Known
    Yes I understand that every song's life in a tournament must end, uh huh....
    I see what you did there.
  • Force Of Nature
    Tough choices for me, but Force of Nature, by definition of this particular poll, is the weakest link. 

I think the hook is great but I don't care for the beginning. To clunky of a start for me or something. Can't put it to words. :i_dunno:
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    Force Of Nature
    Cheese 
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Amongst The Waves
    I think the chorus of Force of Nature, with Marker in the Sand and Infallible, stands with the strongest and catchiest in the later albums. 
  • Got Some
    I think the chorus of Force of Nature, with Marker in the Sand and Infallible, stands with the strongest and catchiest in the later albums. 
    Infallible is a song that should be banished never to be heard from again, let alone being described with the word catchiest.
This discussion has been closed.