Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,451
    my2hands said:
    I’ll never respect this vile racist pig known as our president and if you support him you won’t get my respect either ! For instance I wouldn’t welcome any supporters into my home at all ...
    You wouldn't let a Republican voter in your home?

And we're the good guys? lol

Ladies & gentlemen of the jury, i rest my case :)

Still love you Jose, but c'mon brother. 
    That’s not what I meant I’m saying a Baffoon supporter on the level of a racist I have friends that are Republicans but they are not like the Baffoon supporters I’m pointing at ...
    I knew what you meant.

Some people are really too quick to judge in here....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,436
    There is a difference between sane Republicans and nut job Baffoon supporters..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Yep. There's the really deplorable base (about 25-30% of his supporters) and then there's the more reasonable republicans who held their nose and voted for him over the other horrible candidate.

(I feel like I've repeated this about a billion times over the last couple years. Some day people will listen!)
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    I love the smell of elitism in the morning
    'Elitism' is starting to parallel the term 'try-hard'.

They're both in our current vernacular to normalize- almost celebrate inferior qualities in humans: moronicness (elitism) and laziness (try-hard). 
    I assume my2hands was actually referring to all of us in this thread....
    I know.

Those terms are feeble terms that are uttered by the weak to take the wind out of the sails of people who typically contribute much to society.

The backwards bumf**k slurs 'elitism' as he drools chewing tobacco down the front of his shirt (as if higher intelligence is something to be mocked). The lazy bastard snickers 'try-hard' to the person making great effort (as if doing so makes weak and feeble efforts acceptable and more 'the norm').

* I get the sense my2hands is using them in the context of being confrontational as he has become these past few weeks.
    I'm not weak, i'm not a backwards bumfuck, and i don't chew tobacco.  But i did learn as a child that name calling is not nice and is not acceptable, and has also been rampant since 2016.

Morons, idiots, suckers, blah, blah, blah...

You (us) blame trump for the toxic discourse we are currently experiencing...... not me, i blame you (us), it takes two sides to tango... congratulations on being Trumps dance partner and helping destroy common civility in our political atmosphere 

Also, im not confrontational, you would know if i was... unless challenging the echo chamber in here is confrontational? You prefer everyone in a circle jerk agreeing with each other, slapping each other on the back, and calling everybody on the other side a fucking moron scumbag redneck? 

When they go low, we go into the gutter... i learned name calling was wrong when i was a child... seems progressives and moderates forgot the lesson.

Carry on Cletus, I've got a reservation for us at Golden Corral tmw night and the end piece has your name on it 

I own my shit, unlike most in here... i was once guilty of all the above... and sometimes still want to do it lol... but then i looked in the mirror, stepped back, had a realization, and decided to correct my ways. 

But feel free to name call "the other side" if it makes you feel better... but it's not accomplishing anything, it's quite the opposite actually in my opinion
    My point was obviously that you're still guilty of it, and that you haven't corrected your ways. You've just changed directions. 

Calling out the rampant elitism and name-calling  currently found with progressives and here is not name calling, or elitism. 

Where am i calling people scum, losers, idiots, etc?
    So you're judge and jury when it comes to what "names" are or are not acceptable? You've decided to consistently insult everyone here, and then for some reason expect everyone to acknowledge that you're on some kind of moral high ground, so yeah, you're acting like an AMT elitist, no question.
    How have i insulted anybody? Disagreeing is not insulting 
    I would have thought that by now you'd know that I have no issues with disagreement. You can always assume that if I've got an issue like this it is because of something above and beyond simply disagreeing.
    Trump's dance partner. Circle-jerk. In the gutter. Elitists (ad nauseam), echo chamber, accusing us being hypocrites (without warrant - you just base it on mindless assumptions), etc etc etc.
    Yeah yeah, we get it, you think you've morally elevated yourself above us. We, the elitists.
    I'm not above you, never claimed that. I just realize name calling and stereotyping 60 million people you never met as "fucking scum" is wrong and unhealthy. 

You cant even own that as wrong
    60 million again? Really? Nah. Again-it's like 15 million.
    Not my words
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

They're both in our current vernacular to normalize- almost celebrate inferior qualities in humans: moronicness (elitism) and laziness (try-hard). 
    I know.

Those terms are feeble terms that are uttered by the weak to take the wind out of the sails of people who typically contribute much to society.

The backwards bumf**k slurs 'elitism' as he drools chewing tobacco down the front of his shirt (as if higher intelligence is something to be mocked). The lazy bastard snickers 'try-hard' to the person making great effort (as if doing so makes weak and feeble efforts acceptable and more 'the norm').

* I get the sense my2hands is using them in the context of being confrontational as he has become these past few weeks.
    I'm not weak, i'm not a backwards bumfuck, and i don't chew tobacco.  But i did learn as a child that name calling is not nice and is not acceptable, and has also been rampant since 2016.

You (us) blame trump for the toxic discourse we are currently experiencing...... not me, i blame you (us), it takes two sides to tango... congratulations on being Trumps dance partner and helping destroy common civility in our political atmosphere 

Also, im not confrontational, you would know if i was... unless challenging the echo chamber in here is confrontational? You prefer everyone in a circle jerk agreeing with each other, slapping each other on the back, and calling everybody on the other side a fucking moron scumbag redneck? 

When they go low, we go into the gutter... i learned name calling was wrong when i was a child... seems progressives and moderates forgot the lesson.

Carry on Cletus, I've got a reservation for us at Golden Corral tmw night and the end piece has your name on it 

I own my shit, unlike most in here... i was once guilty of all the above... and sometimes still want to do it lol... but then i looked in the mirror, stepped back, had a realization, and decided to correct my ways. 

But feel free to name call "the other side" if it makes you feel better... but it's not accomplishing anything, it's quite the opposite actually in my opinion
    My point was obviously that you're still guilty of it, and that you haven't corrected your ways. You've just changed directions. 

Calling out the rampant elitism and name-calling  currently found with progressives and here is not name calling, or elitism. 

So you're judge and jury when it comes to what "names" are or are not acceptable? You've decided to consistently insult everyone here, and then for some reason expect everyone to acknowledge that you're on some kind of moral high ground, so yeah, you're acting like an AMT elitist, no question.
    I would have thought that by now you'd know that I have no issues with disagreement. You can always assume that if I've got an issue like this it is because of something above and beyond simply disagreeing.
    Trump's dance partner. Circle-jerk. In the gutter. Elitists (ad nauseam), echo chamber, accusing us being hypocrites (without warrant - you just base it on mindless assumptions), etc etc etc.
    Yeah yeah, we get it, you think you've morally elevated yourself above us. We, the elitists.
    I'm not above you, never claimed that. I just realize name calling and stereotyping 60 million people you never met as "fucking scum" is wrong and unhealthy. 

Not my words
    Oh. Someone took over your account. I get it!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yep. There's the really deplorable base (about 25-30% of his supporters) and then there's the more reasonable republicans who held their nose and voted for him over the other horrible candidate.

(I feel like I've repeated this about a billion times over the last couple years. Some day people will listen!)
    I think people understand the point... my point is a vote is a vote, whether by a nazi or a moderate GOP voter... you're going to decide who is good and bad out of the bunch?
  • Options
    my2hands said:

I think people understand the point... my point is a vote is a vote, whether by a nazi or a moderate GOP voter... you're going to decide who is good and bad out of the bunch?
    Actually, based on your reply to Jose, I don't think you understood the point. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    my2hands said:

I have to agree , I’m putting it on a personal basis if I meet you at a party and you spew racist crap and nationalist message that kind of person would not be welcome in my house wether Democrat or Republican..
  • Options
    Whats the difference? They both support the agenda and voted for him and will vote for him again. What has been accomplished so far is the GOP wet dream. Tax cuts, deregulation, border security, two conservative SCOTUS, dismantling Obamacare, etc, etc, etc....

They dont support him because they are racists, they support him because they are fucking winning and accomplishing their political agenda. He has become Captain GOP and that is why they are all falling in line, like Lindsey Graham 
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

I know.

Not my words
    Oh. Someone took over your account. I get it!
    A poster here said anybody and everybody tgat voted for Trump was scum.

Again, not my words
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Whats the difference? They both support the agenda and voted for him and will vote for him again. What has been accomplished so far is the GOP wet dream. Tax cuts, deregulation, border security, two conservative SCOTUS, dismantling Obamacare, etc, etc, etc....

They dont support him because they are racists, they support him because they are fucking winning and accomplishing their political agenda. He has become Captain GOP and that is why they are all falling in line, like Lindsey Graham 
    You accuse people here of not really knowing these people's motivations....while at the same time telling us you know their motivations.

Irony is alive and well, folks!

Enjoy your Saturday everyone. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    my2hands said:

I have to agree , I’m putting it on a personal basis if I meet you at a party and you spew racist crap and nationalist message that kind of person would not be welcome in my house wether Democrat or Republican..
    Thats a bit different then your original comment. I would not let them in my home either. But you initially said any Trump supporter, again feeding the stereotype that all Trump supporters are scum racists. He's going to get another 60+ million votes in 2020, and thats not because of racism. Its because he is a GOP POTUS who has helped advance the GOP political platform, whether we like it or not.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

You accuse people here of not really knowing these people's motivations....while at the same time telling us you know their motivations.

Irony is alive and well, folks!

Enjoy your Saturday everyone. 
    No, i accuse people of name calling and stereotyping... things progressives supposedly stand against, until they are the ones doing it. 

Jose said any Trump supporter. Again bud, not my words
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Thats a bit different then your original comment. I would not let them in my home either. But you initially said any Trump supporter, again feeding the stereotype that all Trump supporters are scum racists. He's going to get another 60+ million votes in 2020, and thats not because of racism. Its because he is a GOP POTUS who has helped advance the GOP political platform, whether we like it or not.
    Ok I agree ..
  • Options
    Clarification was needed from me ..
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Umm, no. No 60 million + votes. Team Trump Treason’s corruption will be laid bare.

https://apple.news/A12YGQ68yTx61PvbS7crypA

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I agree with my2hands.

Ultimately, there is no difference between the red hatted simple fool voting for Trump... or the distinguished and classy staunch Republican voting for Trump.

The effect is the same: while one has become the caricature of an idiot... the other is highly compromised and void of values.

Comparing the two... I prefer the idiot. At least the idiot doesn't know any better (that slogan was so damn catchy!).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,153
    my2hands said:
    I’ll never respect this vile racist pig known as our president and if you support him you won’t get my respect either ! For instance I wouldn’t welcome any supporters into my home at all ...

That’s not what I meant I’m saying a Baffoon supporter on the level of a racist I have friends that are Republicans but they are not like the Baffoon supporters I’m pointing at ...
    I knew what you meant.

Wait so words do or don’t matter? Y’all confuse me.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025
    Walking the dog a few days ago I ran into a 70 something woman.  I encouraged her to make sure she voted, something that I've been doing, without saying ANYTHING partisan, since early voting started here in MD.  Just "vote".  Not vote blue, just vote.  She immediately asked me if my dog (Tiki) was a republican or a democrat.

I said he was unaffiliated.  He's a dog.

She then went on to tell me how much she LOVED Trump.  I told her that I understood why she would, and then I went on my way.  Zero judgement, just two Americans on the street. 

She went back inside to Fox News all day every day.  I went back to things in my life that I could control.  

VOTE.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    It would be nice to move on from this tedious line of dialogue.  That would entail just accepting that those of us who have engaged in it feel as we do.  And it would also entail bypassing comments we feel are unfair generalizations.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,797
    my2hands said:

I knew what you meant.

Wait so words do or don’t matter? Y’all confuse me.
    Words matter. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,797
    OnWis97 said:
    It would be nice to move on from this tedious line of dialogue.  That would entail just accepting that those of us who have engaged in it feel as we do.  And it would also entail bypassing comments we feel are unfair generalizations.
    Yes,  this is an argument without any substance whatsoever. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    Tiki said:
    Walking the dog a few days ago I ran into a 70 something woman.  I encouraged her to make sure she voted, something that I've been doing, without saying ANYTHING partisan, since early voting started here in MD.  Just "vote".  Not vote blue, just vote.  She immediately asked me if my dog (Tiki) was a republican or a democrat.

She then went on to tell me how much she LOVED Trump.  I told her that I understood why she would, and then I went on my way.  Zero judgement, just two Americans on the street. 

She went back inside to Fox News all day every day.  I went back to things in my life that I could control.  

VOTE.
    I'm with you
    I always encourage people to vote.
    No matter which way
    Just get out and vote

What part of MD are you in?
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    If Trump gets re-elected some of you people will have a nervous breakdown...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Likely myself included, that would be a disappointment in my country, to say the least
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Umm, no. No 60 million + votes. Team Trump Treason’s corruption will be laid bare.

I hope you're right, we are on the same team on this.

But if this whole thing boils down to emails and Roger Stone, then it is a massive disappointment, and frankly Stone is pretty slick so my hopes arent high. Manafort, Stones former long time partner, is already doing time and it hasnt had any real effect on the Trump presidency. 

I'm just not sure this lives up to the hype or brings down the Trump presidency. To be frank, at this point i fully expect him to be on the 2020 ballot
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

I hope you're right, we are on the same team on this.

But if this whole thing boils down to emails and Roger Stone, then it is a massive disappointment, and frankly Stone is pretty slick so my hopes arent high. Manafort, Stones former long time partner, is already doing time and it hasnt had any real effect on the Trump presidency. 

I'm just not sure this lives up to the hype or brings down the Trump presidency. To be frank, at this point i fully expect him to be on the 2020 ballot
    I don’t think you can make that assumption in the absence of Team Mueller’s report. I expect some furious indictments after the mid terms.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025
    Tiki said:

VOTE.
    I'm with you
    I always encourage people to vote.
    No matter which way
    Just get out and vote

What part of MD are you in?
    About 30 minutes south of Annapolis.  I can throw a rock from my front yard into the Chesapeake Bay.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,926
    If that happens, I'm sure a lot of people will be very unhappy maybe even have a nervous breakdown, but the smart thing to do would be to to either hack or pack.  That is, regroup and work even harder at turning things around or just give up trying and withdraw from things. The choice is that simple- either make a stronger effort or just say eff it and do nothing.  I honestly don't know which way I would go but hopefully I would chose "hack" not "pack".
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
This discussion has been closed.