Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    blackhawksblackhawks Posts: 307
    Pardoning does nothing as there could/will be state charges which Trump cannot pardon.
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,657
    Yet Team Trump Treason didn't know? Yea, right.

Trump’s company approved $420,000 in payments to Cohen, relying on ‘sham’ invoices, prosecutors say

Documents released as part of longtime Trump lawyer’s plea deal reveal new details about the financial arrangements behind efforts to silence women in the 2016 campaign.

By Carol Leonnig, Michelle Lee  •  Read more »

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Opinion

What you might have missed in the Cohen plea

Cohen has the goods, and Trump's in legal or political hot water.

By Jennifer Rubin  •  Read more »

Fake news? Disappearing headlines? Brilliant briliance in all its brilliancy?

PowerPost • Analysis

The Daily 202: A terrible day for Trump could foretell more bad days to come

Mueller still knows much more than we do after Cohen’s plea deal and Manafort’s conviction.

By James Hohmann  •  Read more »

"Only the best people, folks. Only the best people."

Cohen lawyer Lanny Davis says his client doesn’t want to be ‘dirtied’ by a presidential pardon

During a whirlwind media tour, Davis took repeated shots at Trump, accusing him of committing impeachable offenses related to hush money payments.

By John Wagner, Tom Hamburger, Isaac Stanley-Becker  •  Read more »

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    JC29856 said:
    my2hands said:

meanwhile.... I go to foxnews.com.... and the headline splashed across my screen is

MONSTER DOWN THE ROAD: illegal immigrant arrested in murder of Mollie Tibbetts

they just spoon feed their watchers this xenophobic bullshit and they swallow it down and repeat it.... its a very sad story, no doubt.... but the only reason its a story nationally is because the guy wasn't an American citizen... the sad reality is people get abducted and murdered every day by American citizens... but let it be a white woman and an undocumented immigrant and holy shit, look out

I warned you.
    immigration screamed from:
    The Right: illegal immigrants rape and murder
    The Left: separating children from parents
    You warned me?

Ship the print, comrade
    What's the story on the print?  I went in burrito for a while and must have missed this one.
    I believe my2hands won the Missoula poster but he rather forfeit it for silly responses.
    PAY UP or SHUT UP
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Electoral CRIME is still CRIME.
    Enough already.
  • Options
    Sarah Sanders must be hammered by the press corps today.   RELENTLESSLY HAMMERED.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,664
    Tiki said:
    Enough already.
    What will be the Giuliani spin? “It’s only a crime because someone decided it was a crime, but it’s not really a crime if you didn’t intend for it to be a crime”. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    Tiki said:
    Enough already.
    What will be the Giuliani spin? “It’s only a crime because someone decided it was a crime, but it’s not really a crime if you didn’t intend for it to be a crime”. 
    oh probably pull out the old nixon. it's not a crime if the president does it. and honestly, this whole "you can't indict a sitting president" is bizarre to me. I mean, who came up with this idea that a president cannot be charged?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,664
    Tiki said:
    Enough already.
    oh probably pull out the old nixon. it's not a crime if the president does it. and honestly, this whole "you can't indict a sitting president" is bizarre to me. I mean, who came up with this idea that a president cannot be charged?
    And isn’t that basically unconsciously admitting guilt? If I’m going the speed limit, I don’t mentally play out how I can try to talk myself out of a ticket like I do if I’m speeding.  
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Tiki said:
    Enough already.
    I’m guessing it was to prevent spurious legal claims from opposition parties from derailing the business of government, but I agree it doesn’t appear warranted. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,148
    JC29856 said:
    my2hands said:

meanwhile.... I go to foxnews.com.... and the headline splashed across my screen is

they just spoon feed their watchers this xenophobic bullshit and they swallow it down and repeat it.... its a very sad story, no doubt.... but the only reason its a story nationally is because the guy wasn't an American citizen... the sad reality is people get abducted and murdered every day by American citizens... but let it be a white woman and an undocumented immigrant and holy shit, look out

I warned you.

And how many violent crimes occur at the hands of US citizens?
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    mrussel1 said: 
    dignin said:
    Too soon?

ItS Happening Ron Paul GIF

Ha!!  
    He's not getting impeached any time soon, I'm sorry to say.  Remember that's a political process.  Nixon held on until he lost support of the Senate.  Today, Trump has a firm grip on the GOP so until that changes, no impeachment.  That is unless somehow the Dems can get 66 Senate seats and that isn't happening this cycle.  

I agree it's very unlikely but the key is Dems need to vote and win the house.

If they do, they get subpoena power and can have all the crooks testify on national TV every week.

Getting a public answer to who junior called with a blocked number the day of his Russia emails would be yuuuge.

Public hearings were key in Watergate. Having all the current investigating hush hush has given trump the ability to make this look like a witch hunt.

Just the other day a few libertarians were making Mueller jokes in the office. Not anymore. I vow to call trump a crook any time politics is mentioned in public near me.

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,131
    JC29856 said:
    my2hands said:

I warned you.

Too many.  Does that mean we should ignore it when our laws have failed and that person here illegally commits a crime? Certainly doesn’t mean illegal immigrants are more violent...they are less so actually...but it still shows a breakdown of our really poor immigration system. I think that should be highlighted when it’s a contributing factor to anything. Or shall we just ignore it cause citizen guys kill girls all the time too?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    That gif is hysterical.  I need it.  
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    edited August 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    That gif is hysterical.  I need it.  
    It's one of the greatest gifs on the internet ever, I've always loved it, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    JC29856 said:
    my2hands said:

I warned you.

Too many.  Does that mean we should ignore it when our laws have failed and that person here illegally commits a crime? Certainly doesn’t mean illegal immigrants are more violent...they are less so actually...but it still shows a breakdown of our really poor immigration system. I think that should be highlighted when it’s a contributing factor to anything. Or shall we just ignore it cause citizen guys kill girls all the time too?
    Statistically, we would be safer if there were more immigrants and fewer native-born Americans. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    my2hands said:

I warned you.

Statistically, we would be safer if there were more immigrants and fewer native-born Americans. 
    Statistically is my favorite word.

by the way..."The Economy" is not a real thing.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    Tiki said:
    Enough already.
    Isn't an untouchable president a bit too close to, I don't know, a king?  Didn't we already decide to escape that?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    I feel like some laws need to be changed or amendments added when it comes to this. Trump has highlighted some serious holes in the office of the president. The US needs to take steps that will work better to control a maniac in the White House.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    my2hands said:

I warned you.

Is that what I coulda meant when I said “they are less so actually”.... 

so what is your point? 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I feel like some laws need to be changed or amendments added when it comes to this. Trump has highlighted some serious holes in the office of the president. The US needs to take steps that will work better to control a maniac in the White House.
    Not really. We just need congress doing their job. 

But hes only been in for less than 2 years and all kinds of crap headed his way....so while it may not move fast enough it seems like the checks and balances are working.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    PJ_Soul said:
    One thing I absolutely hope comes out of this is to make it a prerequisite that all candidates must release their tax returns going back 10 years at least....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    One thing I absolutely hope comes out of this is to make it a prerequisite that all candidates must release their tax returns going back 10 years at least....
    and lifelong SCJ's should not be appointed. oh, sorry, "nominated". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

But hes only been in for less than 2 years and all kinds of crap headed his way....so while it may not move fast enough it seems like the checks and balances are working.
    But when was the last time Congress did any kind of good job?? Obviously nobody can count on Congress. That's why laws needs to be changed.
    And I disagree that the checks and balances are all working. Trump has done an incredible amount of damage already. Checks and balances aren't exactly useful if they happen after the fact.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

But when was the last time Congress did any kind of good job?? Obviously nobody can count on Congress. That's why laws needs to be changed.
    And I disagree that the checks and balances are all working. Trump has done an incredible amount of damage already. Checks and balances aren't exactly useful if they happen after the fact.
    yeah I'm not sure what checks and balances have already worked.  
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The glacial pace that the US gubbmint (established 1789...) proceeds at as far as dealing with an unfit President needs to be addressed. 

However Constitutionally speaking..... this is all that's happening.
  • Options
    Avenatti on Cuomo! 

This is like Trent Reznor and Eddie Vedder sharing vocals. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    my2hands said:

I warned you.

I agree, too many. I'm pointing out that they're using an isolated incident to drum up the base and marginalize innocent people.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    my2hands said:

I warned you.

I agree, too many. I'm pointing out that they're using an isolated incident to drum up the base and marginalize innocent people.
    A tragic but statistically impossible incident...like winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning when you deposit the check.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    JC29856 said:
    my2hands said:

I warned you.

From the Washington post...

Numerous studies have failed to demonstrate that immigrants, legal or otherwise, pose a unique threat of committing crimes. In fact, some have shown that undocumented immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than native-born citizens. For documented immigrants, that number is even lower.

That hasn’t stopped people from seizing on another powerful anti-immigration anecdote.

This discussion has been closed.