Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,750
    PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

Good People Don’t Defend A Bad Man

At times in this life it can be a challenge to figure out who the bad people are, but sometimes they help you.

Sometimes they do the work for you.

Sometimes with their every vulgar, bitter word from their mouth, they testify to their personal malignancy and they make it easy to identify them.

Generally speaking, there are things that good people do and things good people don’t do.

Good people don’t refer to entire countries as “shitholes”—most notably countries that have given birth to our very humanity; ones that for hundreds of years have been colonized and poached and mined of their riches by powerful white men; countries whose people have been enslaved and sold and forced to come and build your country. 

Good people by any measurement we might use—simply don’t say such things.

Of course good people also don’t say they could grab women by the genitalia, either.
    They don’t defend racists and nazis and call them “fine people,” days after murdering a young girl and terrorizing an American city.
    They don’t brag about their penis size during debates, or suggest protestors at campaign rallies should be roughed up, or crack jokes about captured war heroes, or make fun of the physically disabled.
    They don’t.

Good people don’t tweet anti-Muslim rhetoric in the moments immediately following a bombing in order to bolster a position.
    They don’t leave American territories filled with brown skinned people without power for months upon months, after publicly ridiculing their public servants and questioning their people’s resolve.
    They don’t pull children from the arms of their parents and place them in cages and detention centers.

They don’t erase protections for the water and the air, for the elderly, the terminally ill, the LGBTQ.
    They don’t take away healthcare from the sick and the poor without an alternative.
    They don’t gouge the working poor and shelter the wealthy.
    They don’t abuse their unrivaled platform to Twitter-bait world leaders and to taunt private citizens.

Good people don’t prey upon the vulnerable, they don’t leverage their power to bully dissenters, and they don’t campaign for sexual predators.

But this President is not a good human being, and there’s simply no way around this truth.

He is the ugliest personification of the Ugly American, which is why, as long as he is here and as long as he represents this nation, we will be a fractured mess and a global embarrassment. He will be the ever lowering bar of our legacy in the world.

And what is painfully obvious in these moments, isn’t simply that the person alleging to lead this country is a terrible human being—it is that anyone left still defending him, applauding him, justifying him, amening him, probably is too.

At this point, the only reason left to support this President, is that he reflects your hateful heart; he shares your contempt of people of color, your hostility toward outsiders, your ignorant bigotry, your feeling of supremacy.

A white President calling countries filled with people of color shitholes, is so far beyond the pale, so beneath decency, and so blatantly racist that it shouldn’t merit conversation. It should be universally condemned. Humanity should be in agreement in abhorring it.

And yet today (like so many other seemingly rock bottom days in the past twelve months) they will be out there: white people claiming to be good people and Christian people, who will make excuses for him or debate his motives or diminish the damage. 

They will dig their heels in to explain away or to defend, what at the end of the day is simply a bad human being saying the things that bad human beings say because their hearts harbor very bad things.

No, good people don’t call countries filled with beautiful, creative, loving men and women shitholes or do most of the horrible things he does.

And good people don’t defend people who do.

You’re going to have to make a choice here.

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2018/01/12/good-people-dont-defend-bad-man/
    Made me sad and angry reading this.
    How low have people stooped that they voted and continue to support this germ.
    I personally have cut someone off from my life because of his support for Trump.
    I have too. I had a friend - a Canadian non-white person no less - who lost his mind and basically became a Trump troll for some reason. I tried to deal with it for a while, but he just got worse and worse, started digging his heels in, and even started getting in arguments with stangers in bars about it and shit. I finally just had to cut him off. Blocked him on facebook, got rid of his contact info. He basically just made the decision to be "the asshole". I think he gets off on it. I don't need that kind of idiocy in my life.
    so your "friend" didn't agree with people at a bar and they were arguing with him. take your time and read that over. 
    Your "friend doesn't agree with your politics as much as you don't agree with his but he didn't unfriend you. you unfriended him. 
    Like I always say, liberals want everyone to be free to believe whatever they want as long as you believe exactly as they believe. 
    I think your "friend" is lucky.

Wow!  :lol:  You slipped in that "liberals want everything free" thing?  :lol:  Wow!  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    tbergs said:
    Why does he have a star?
    Is it because of his 2 second cameo in Home Alone?
    His shitty reality show. 
    I thought stars are only for film stars not reality tv stars.
    It wouldn't surprise me that he paid to have it placed on the walk given the narcissist that he is.
    Ummmm everyone that has a star pays for the star
    oh really, who would've thought....
    It’s true that someone pays for it, and it’s pretty expensive. I understand that generally the person or organization that puts in the nomination is responsible for paying. I think it’s safe to say that Trump had Cohen arrange the nomination and payment ;)
    That's just ridiculous. It should be awarded independently. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

At times in this life it can be a challenge to figure out who the bad people are, but sometimes they help you.

Sometimes with their every vulgar, bitter word from their mouth, they testify to their personal malignancy and they make it easy to identify them.

Generally speaking, there are things that good people do and things good people don’t do.

Good people don’t refer to entire countries as “shitholes”—most notably countries that have given birth to our very humanity; ones that for hundreds of years have been colonized and poached and mined of their riches by powerful white men; countries whose people have been enslaved and sold and forced to come and build your country. 

Of course good people also don’t say they could grab women by the genitalia, either.
    They don’t defend racists and nazis and call them “fine people,” days after murdering a young girl and terrorizing an American city.
    They don’t brag about their penis size during debates, or suggest protestors at campaign rallies should be roughed up, or crack jokes about captured war heroes, or make fun of the physically disabled.
    They don’t.

Good people don’t tweet anti-Muslim rhetoric in the moments immediately following a bombing in order to bolster a position.
    They don’t leave American territories filled with brown skinned people without power for months upon months, after publicly ridiculing their public servants and questioning their people’s resolve.
    They don’t pull children from the arms of their parents and place them in cages and detention centers.

They don’t erase protections for the water and the air, for the elderly, the terminally ill, the LGBTQ.
    They don’t take away healthcare from the sick and the poor without an alternative.
    They don’t abuse their unrivaled platform to Twitter-bait world leaders and to taunt private citizens.

Good people don’t prey upon the vulnerable, they don’t leverage their power to bully dissenters, and they don’t campaign for sexual predators.

But this President is not a good human being, and there’s simply no way around this truth.

He is the ugliest personification of the Ugly American, which is why, as long as he is here and as long as he represents this nation, we will be a fractured mess and a global embarrassment. He will be the ever lowering bar of our legacy in the world.

And what is painfully obvious in these moments, isn’t simply that the person alleging to lead this country is a terrible human being—it is that anyone left still defending him, applauding him, justifying him, amening him, probably is too.

At this point, the only reason left to support this President, is that he reflects your hateful heart; he shares your contempt of people of color, your hostility toward outsiders, your ignorant bigotry, your feeling of supremacy.

A white President calling countries filled with people of color shitholes, is so far beyond the pale, so beneath decency, and so blatantly racist that it shouldn’t merit conversation. It should be universally condemned. Humanity should be in agreement in abhorring it.

And yet today (like so many other seemingly rock bottom days in the past twelve months) they will be out there: white people claiming to be good people and Christian people, who will make excuses for him or debate his motives or diminish the damage. 

They will dig their heels in to explain away or to defend, what at the end of the day is simply a bad human being saying the things that bad human beings say because their hearts harbor very bad things.

No, good people don’t call countries filled with beautiful, creative, loving men and women shitholes or do most of the horrible things he does.

I personally have cut someone off from my life because of his support for Trump.
    I have too. I had a friend - a Canadian non-white person no less - who lost his mind and basically became a Trump troll for some reason. I tried to deal with it for a while, but he just got worse and worse, started digging his heels in, and even started getting in arguments with stangers in bars about it and shit. I finally just had to cut him off. Blocked him on facebook, got rid of his contact info. He basically just made the decision to be "the asshole". I think he gets off on it. I don't need that kind of idiocy in my life.
    so your "friend" didn't agree with people at a bar and they were arguing with him. take your time and read that over. 
    Your "friend doesn't agree with your politics as much as you don't agree with his but he didn't unfriend you. you unfriended him. 
    Like I always say, liberals want everyone to be free to believe whatever they want as long as you believe exactly as they believe. 

Wow!  :lol:  You slipped in that "liberals want everything free" thing?  :lol:  Wow!  :lol:
    Liberals want their form of freedom which is agree to their view or be gone. Only the extremists can't see that freedom means free to have different views. 
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

They don’t.

Liberals want their form of freedom which is agree to their view or be gone. Only the extremists can't see that freedom means free to have different views. 
    Meanwhile, back here in reality, your POTUS calls any negative news about him, or any news that doesn't blindly serve his agenda, as "fake news" and dismisses it... while you applaud & cheer

Nice try though
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,634
    my2hands said:
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

They don’t.

Meanwhile, back here in reality, your POTUS calls any negative news about him, or any news that doesn't blindly serve his agenda, as "fake news" and dismisses it... while you applaud & cheer

Nice try though
    And calls the press, “enemies of the people.”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,309
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

They don’t.

Nice try though
    Unless your living in another country, he's your POTUS too. I don't applaud and cheer the negative. Some is accurate news, some is fake news. Trump has done some good for this country. You can't deny. I think he needs to tighten up on the epa issues a bit more. He needs to make changes to the immigration policy but not to the point that allows drugs and traffickers in with ease. I can see  good points made from both parties. There are also extremes with each that I don't agree with. 
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Oh, I could deny.  What good has he done?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

They don’t.

Yah.

Take your time and think about this.

Her friend proved he was a loser when he began spouting garbage that made him unlikeable. Politics are one thing... hatred and ignorance are a whole other.
    I must have missed the part with the ignorance and hatred in it. I only see wording like digging in etc. I don't see specifics. 

If her friend is defending Trump in any capacity... her friend is spewing hatred and ignorance. This was a given.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    When world leaders meet with other world leaders, they have several people there that record everything that is said. Then world leaders sign off on what has been recorded. This is how that type of business is done.

This f**king idiot has a closed door, one on one meeting with Putin- the leader of the country's biggest opponent and a man strongly suspected of having compromising material on Donald. And this doesn't alarm everyone

If no other time did it... this moment was where the wind should have left his enthusiasts' sails. But no. They make really lame excuses, deflect from the incident and stand behind him regardless. They are as fraudulent as he is. It'd be a cosmic joke if it wasn't an epic tragedy.

Stupidity has no depths.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,553
    PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

They don’t.

Yah.

Take your time and think about this.

Her friend proved he was a loser when he began spouting garbage that made him unlikeable. Politics are one thing... hatred and ignorance are a whole other.
    I must have missed the part with the ignorance and hatred in it. I only see wording like digging in etc. I don't see specifics. 

If her friend is defending Trump in any capacity... her friend is spewing hatred and ignorance. This was a given.
    When you support fear, hate, and ignorance  in any shape or form you are fearful, hateful, and ignorant as well.
  • Options
    Unless your living in another country, he's your POTUS too. I don't applaud and cheer the negative. Some is accurate news, some is fake news. Trump has done some good for this country. You can't deny. I think he needs to tighten up on the epa issues a bit more. He needs to make changes to the immigration policy but not to the point that allows drugs and traffickers in with ease. I can see  good points made from both parties. There are also extremes with each that I don't agree with. 
    Oh, I can deny, quite easily actually.... and NO, he's not my president, he can go fuck himself.... BUT, let me get on my soap box real quick about something.... 

"Drugs and traffickers in with ease"

Our country is being polluted with drugs by FORTUNE 500 companies, NOT Hispanic immigrants. The American opioid epidemic was brought to you by the major pharmaceutical companies, period. Big Pharma created a nation of addicts, and laughed all the way to the fucking bank. And now I have to listen to a clueless orange shit gibbon blame immigrants while maga morons cheer on not realizing who is really fucking them and their community

The real scumbags where suits, wake up america

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

They don’t.

Freedom means free to choose who your friends are, too. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

tbergs said:
    Why does he have a star?
    Is it because of his 2 second cameo in Home Alone?
    His shitty reality show. 
    I thought stars are only for film stars not reality tv stars.
    It wouldn't surprise me that he paid to have it placed on the walk given the narcissist that he is.
    Ummmm everyone that has a star pays for the star
    oh really, who would've thought....
    It’s true that someone pays for it, and it’s pretty expensive. I understand that generally the person or organization that puts in the nomination is responsible for paying. I think it’s safe to say that Trump had Cohen arrange the nomination and payment ;)
    That's just ridiculous. It should be awarded independently. 
    The award is independent, but the installation of the star only occurs if someone pay for it. It’s not like there’s some Federal Office of the Hollywood Walk of Fame that pays for the stars. 
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

They don’t.

Friends are those who agree and enemies are those that don’t, right?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Oh, I can deny, quite easily actually.... and NO, he's not my president, he can go fuck himself.... BUT, let me get on my soap box real quick about something.... 

Our country is being polluted with drugs by FORTUNE 500 companies, NOT Hispanic immigrants. The American opioid epidemic was brought to you by the major pharmaceutical companies, period. Big Pharma created a nation of addicts, and laughed all the way to the fucking bank. And now I have to listen to a clueless orange shit gibbon blame immigrants while maga morons cheer on not realizing who is really fucking them and their community

Just ask Rush Limbaugh, who didn’t serve a day in jail for violating federal law. White privilege?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

They don’t.

No, those are some pretty screwed up definitions of friends and enemies. 

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

They don’t.

Given that the media that reports things that happen is now the enemy of the people, it’s pretty much national policy.  Regarding friendships, I don’t know what happened. I have friends that are Trump supporters and that doesn’t end the friendship.  But if they were to take on the personalities I see all over Twitter, etc. of those clowns who dedicate themselves to owning libs?  Yeah I’d be done.  Those people consider the US left to be the enemy.  If I cut someone like that off, I’m not the bad guy.

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    The economy has improved. ISIS is almost finished. Thank God.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Smellyman said:
    The economy has improved. ISIS is almost finished. Thank God.
    “My fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body.” - DT
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

They don’t.

This is true but if your friend doesn't agree with you, you think that instead of discussing and debating your sides, it's better to unfriend them. In that case it's obvious you all weree never really friends. Seems it better to discuss the differences so bits and pieces of each side may make more sense. I don't think the people I know on the far right and left will ever completely meet in the middle but I think every once in a while someone says that makes sense. It's like people can't see the forest for the tree, but if you step back and take a good look you can sense more than just your original view.
  • Options
    When world leaders meet with other world leaders, they have several people there that record everything that is said. Then world leaders sign off on what has been recorded. This is how that type of business is done.

This f**king idiot has a closed door, one on one meeting with Putin- the leader of the country's biggest opponent and a man strongly suspected of having compromising material on Donald. And this doesn't alarm everyone

If no other time did it... this moment was where the wind should have left his enthusiasts' sails. But no. They make really lame excuses, deflect from the incident and stand behind him regardless. They are as fraudulent as he is. It'd be a cosmic joke if it wasn't an epic tragedy.

Stupidity has no depths.
    I agree with you there. That meeting should have been recorded. I don't get it. It's not like he was hangin with a friend shootin the sh't. This meeting was business about our country. The interpreter has to have the info. 
  • Options
    You can’t trust a fucking word that comes out of Team Trump Treason’s mouth. He’s a serial, pathological liar. Everyone should refuse to meet or speak with him unless it’s recorded in its entirety. Shameful.

New York Times Publisher Rebuts Trump’s Account of Private Meeting - The New York Times https://apple.news/AzdAodm0tRKi2-3k8Dkq-PA

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

They don’t.

This is true but if your friend doesn't agree with you, you think that instead of discussing and debating your sides, it's better to unfriend them. In that case it's obvious you all weree never really friends. Seems it better to discuss the differences so bits and pieces of each side may make more sense. I don't think the people I know on the far right and left will ever completely meet in the middle but I think every once in a while someone says that makes sense. It's like people can't see the forest for the tree, but if you step back and take a good look you can sense more than just your original view.

You've drifted pretty far from the original post you are arguing about. PJSoul made it pretty clear that she tried to remain friends with this person for quite some time until deciding she couldn't anymore. 

And personally, I think the idea that ending a frienship because of disagreements means you were never really friends is total bullshit. I'm sure any reasonable adult person who thinks back over their life will see that they had friendships
  • Options
    my2hands said:

We  can blame the Bush era for the rise of the opioid crisis. All the f'cking pain management clinics opening. Plenty of drugs are coming from the south. Portugal who has legalized to an extent drugs is now the gateway for traffickers into Europe. We don't want any drugs here. Don't twist my words and make it sound like i'm saying keep immigrants out. That's not at all what I'm saying. There are a lot of immigrants that have come to this country legally, had to endure hardship while waiting and are pissed that other immigrants think they can just jump the line and get in front and make it that much more time for someone who is following the rules to get in. Not to minimize their horrid conditions for why they want to leave their countries. If you think it's ok, let me know where you're standing in line forPearlJam Ten Club GA. I don't have a ten club ticket either but you can let me cut in line in front of you and I can tell the guards how it would be biased for them not to let me in just because I don't have a ticket. I mean I really need to get in. It's causing me great distress not to get to see Eddie. You think they'll let me in? Maybe I can jump the fence. Maybe... 

• Options
    my2hands said:

We  can blame the Bush era for the rise of the opioid crisis. All the f'cking pain management clinics opening. Plenty of drugs are coming from the south. Portugal who has legalized to an extent drugs is now the gateway for traffickers into Europe. We don't want any drugs here. Don't twist my words and make it sound like i'm saying keep immigrants out. That's not at all what I'm saying. There are a lot of immigrants that have come to this country legally, had to endure hardship while waiting and are pissed that other immigrants think they can just jump the line and get in front and make it that much more time for someone who is following the rules to get in. Not to minimize their horrid conditions for why they want to leave their countries. If you think it's ok, let me know where you're standing in line forPearlJam Ten Club GA. I don't have a ten club ticket either but you can let me cut in line in front of you and I can tell the guards how it would be biased for them not to let me in just because I don't have a ticket. I mean I really need to get in. It's causing me great distress not to get to see Eddie. You think they'll let me in? Maybe I can jump the fence. Maybe... 

We don’t want any drugs here? Consumption and supply and demand is a big part of the problem. Maybe Americans should stop doing drugs? Might actually reduce what comes across the border. And maybe our government should stop fucking with governments south of the border and support democratic institutions so those folks wouldn’t have to flee north? But keep believing in that big beautiful wall boondoggle. I hope Team Trump Treason shuts the government down over it. That’ll Learn Ya.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    We don't want any drugs here? LOL

We MAKE them here, bro. You can thank the pharmaceutical companies for our massive opioid addiction problem, they pumped that poison into our communities all for the almighty dollar. You think people start off sticking needles in their arm?

Prescription opioid pain killers were pushed on America in heaps under orders from board rooms, not cartels

Know your enemy 
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Equating fleeing a violent, war torn nation with cutting in line for GA at a PJ concert.

Well done. 
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    my2hands said:

Equating fleeing a violent, war torn nation with cutting in line for GA at a PJ concert.

Well done. 
    Perhaps you missed the line I wrote about not to minimize the horrid conditions that the immigrants are coming from. 

Complaining about not getting the rail because people cut the line when there's people in other countries suffering and trying to get in legally but people keep cutting the line after coming to amt to bitch that people should be able to cut the line.  Hypocrosy. 
    Oh yeah and I forgot that they like to throw in the wording "first world problems" are you f'n kidding me?!? 
    Post edited by LongestRoad on
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    We don't want any drugs here? LOL

We MAKE them here, bro. You can thank the pharmaceutical companies for our massive opioid addiction problem, they pumped that poison into our communities all for the almighty dollar. You think people start off sticking needles in their arm?

Prescription opioid pain killers were pushed on America in heaps under orders from board rooms, not cartels

Know your enemy 
    I agree we're making them right here. The pharmaceutical companies should be responsible for stopping the epidemic just like the tobacco companies are now responsible for trying to help curb smoking. Doctors who are found doling out those drugs in mass quantities should be responsible too.
    Cartels are supplying plenty of drugs too. They need to be stopped. 
This discussion has been closed.