He's a FRAUD yo.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Remember when "But Gorsuch..." was funny?

Ugh. Really?

Mitch McConnell and his hijacking of the supreme court for 11 months is responsible for Gorsuch, not the president. Any republican would've nominated someone with his credentials.

No kidding.

So what's the point of your post?
    If you're a conservative, which I am, and believe in conservative principles, which I do, then these decisions that have rolled out over the last few days are meaningful to you. They are far more important and long lasting then anything Trump himself can actually do. It explains why a conservative can support Trump even if he can be a jackass as "jackassery" in time will evaporate while these decisions will probably last a lifetime. The dwindling number of #NeverTrump conservatives would have preferred the average GOP voter to throw away their vote against their long term interests. But more to the point... I happen to think Trump is accomplishing a lot but there was a time only a few short months ago where many were saying "But Gorsuch..." as a punch line. What I am saying is that even if it was the only thing Trump accomplished just by the fact that he was elected (and there is no guarantee another republican candidate would have won the blue states Trump won) then it would have been more then plenty. People who hate these 5-4 decisions are probably not laughing now.

What's conservative about separating families from the border or banning muslims from entering our country, or forcing American companies like Harley Davidson to produce their product overseas as a result of Trump's dumb trade war, or adding billions (trillions?) to the deficit? I think I am missing something here.

There is nothing conservative about Donald Trump. Nothing. The man is a carnival barking fraud conservative who just placates to gun lovers, despite not being a gun enthusiast; and Christians, despite never going to church and never displaying any of their supposed values.

Perhaps you're excited about Space Force!

Companies like Toyota, Mercedes, Subaru, etc., came to build factories here in the US not because of tariffs but because it was cheaper.  I do wonder if Harley Davidson was contemplating a move and this sealed the deal?

I agree with everything else.  Trump has always said, years ago, that if he ran for president he would run Republican.
    if you are referring to that "interview" where he claimed he would run republican because they have the most gullible voters, that was proven false. he never said that. 

"I love the poorly educated" -direct quote. And whether he called them gullible or not, it's true. Him being president is all the proof you need.
    But many where "the poorly educated" as a badge of honour. Phd's and MSc's are overrated in the real world. It is you who confuses "poorly educated" with "stupid".

Did you see the video I posted earlier of Trump supporters being really excited about the Space Force? A large portion of his supporters are stupid and/or brainwashed.
    A large portion? 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

Ugh. Really?

Mitch McConnell and his hijacking of the supreme court for 11 months is responsible for Gorsuch, not the president. Any republican would've nominated someone with his credentials.

No kidding.

If you're a conservative, which I am, and believe in conservative principles, which I do, then these decisions that have rolled out over the last few days are meaningful to you. They are far more important and long lasting then anything Trump himself can actually do. It explains why a conservative can support Trump even if he can be a jackass as "jackassery" in time will evaporate while these decisions will probably last a lifetime. The dwindling number of #NeverTrump conservatives would have preferred the average GOP voter to throw away their vote against their long term interests. But more to the point... I happen to think Trump is accomplishing a lot but there was a time only a few short months ago where many were saying "But Gorsuch..." as a punch line. What I am saying is that even if it was the only thing Trump accomplished just by the fact that he was elected (and there is no guarantee another republican candidate would have won the blue states Trump won) then it would have been more then plenty. People who hate these 5-4 decisions are probably not laughing now.

What's conservative about separating families from the border or banning muslims from entering our country, or forcing American companies like Harley Davidson to produce their product overseas as a result of Trump's dumb trade war, or adding billions (trillions?) to the deficit? I think I am missing something here.

There is nothing conservative about Donald Trump. Nothing. The man is a carnival barking fraud conservative who just placates to gun lovers, despite not being a gun enthusiast; and Christians, despite never going to church and never displaying any of their supposed values.

Companies like Toyota, Mercedes, Subaru, etc., came to build factories here in the US not because of tariffs but because it was cheaper.  I do wonder if Harley Davidson was contemplating a move and this sealed the deal?

I agree with everything else.  Trump has always said, years ago, that if he ran for president he would run Republican.
    They likely built factories in the US because that's who gave them the best incentives ... 
    Don't forget that BMW's largest factory in the world is in Greenville, SC.  They export 70% of the cars built there.  That's all going to change.  It's also located right next to a Michelin plant (French company).  
    As things are currently I am no fan of those trade agreements...

We in Canada have lost plenty of auto jobs since these agreements have come to fruition.  I realize some of those losses are because of technology ... but last year CAMI in Woodstock Ontario shipped 400 jobs to Mexico, they did this 2 years after receiving millions in welfare...and that's just 1 example.

I'd rather tell these asshole companies who want welfare to leave ... the government can take the welfare they give these companies and re-train the people who loose their over a new policy of 0 corporate welfare, the employees that too old to make re-traing worthwhile, put on a pension.

Invest in individuals, not welfare corporations...

I think Canada would be stupid to sign a trade agreement that does not address corporate welfare.

Trade agreements are done with countries, corp welfare is between a country and domestic business.  These two things seem to be unrelated.  I don't know anything about the situation in Ontario, but I do believe that global trade and the integrated economy is the single most important reason why we've had 80 years of intercontinental peace.  Wars are always about land, resources, and money (Crusades aside).  Having integrated economies has removed some of the incentive for war.  
    That's why I said it would have to be negotiated into the agreement ... Mexico and the US would never go for it.  I do hope Mexico gets dropped from NAFTA, no way we can compete with those low wages of Mexico here in Ontario.  Our auto workers make north of 20/hour into 30+/hour ... I'm with Trump, end NAFTA and Canada can negotiate an agreement with US.  I'm also in agreement to end supply management as well.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

Ugh. Really?

No kidding.

if you are referring to that "interview" where he claimed he would run republican because they have the most gullible voters, that was proven false. he never said that. 

"I love the poorly educated" -direct quote. And whether he called them gullible or not, it's true. Him being president is all the proof you need.
    But many where "the poorly educated" as a badge of honour. Phd's and MSc's are overrated in the real world. It is you who confuses "poorly educated" with "stupid".
    For fucks sake look at the unemployment numbers. Poof! There goes your BS  argument in the real world! Look at lifetime earning potential and quality of life factors. Team Trump Treason and his ilk would have us return to serfdom. Better get off the pipe yo!
    Return to serfdom? With those unemployment numbers and a growth rate pushing 4%? Who's on the pipe?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,450
    Tiki said:
    #SteamrollerTrump has zero "private sector business skills"

Always thought it was funny how there's hardly any other businessmen who came out to vouch and support the guy. You'd think such a successful businessman over multiple decades would have had tons of support from his peers. Nope. The man is a carnival barker who swindled 60 million people.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

Ugh. Really?

No kidding.

For fucks sake look at the unemployment numbers. Poof! There goes your BS  argument in the real world! Look at lifetime earning potential and quality of life factors. Team Trump Treason and his ilk would have us return to serfdom. Better get off the pipe yo!
    Return to serfdom? With those unemployment numbers and a growth rate pushing 4%? Who's on the pipe?

Thanks Obama.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,742
    edited June 2018
    That is true. It's been a long time since the unemployment rate has been a matter of big concern in the US (well before Trump came along of course). But with the economic disparity growing more and more all the time, unemployment numbers are becoming less and less meaningful. The meaningful stats are now related to cost of living vs income, consumer debt, and poverty stats. How fast is the number representing the working poor growing? That's what people should be concerned about.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Believer? Uhhhh...this isn't climate science we're discussing my2hands. I'm not a "believer" or a "denier". It is an attempt at something different...something that hasn't really been tried before. The results will determine whether the experiment is a success. So far it is working out well.
  • Options

vaggar99 said:
    BS44325 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

Ugh. Really?

No kidding.

he panders.  I can understand how the mouth breathers at his rallies go for it.  I will never understand how someone with an above 50 IQ could go for it.
    Because it's transactional.
    does decency play into your transactions?
    No. Unfortunately it does not anymore. That was tossed aside after Bush and Romney were turned into misogynist nazis. If they're gonna call you a racist no matter what then why care about decency.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

Ugh. Really?

No kidding.

Thanks Obama.
    Hilarious.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:
    That is true. It's been a long time since the unemployment rate has been a matter of big concern in the US (well before Trump came along of course). But with the economic disparity growing more and more all the time, unemployment numbers are becoming less and less meaningful. The meaningful stats are now related to cost of living vs income, consumer debt, and poverty stats. How fast is the number representing the working poor growing? That's what people should be concerned about.
    Correct and those numbers are starting to trend in a positive direction.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,742
    BS44325 said:

Believer? Uhhhh...this isn't climate science we're discussing my2hands. I'm not a "believer" or a "denier". It is an attempt at something different...something that hasn't really been tried before. The results will determine whether the experiment is a success. So far it is working out well.
    I think that is where you and others separate.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,794
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

Ugh. Really?

No kidding.

They likely built factories in the US because that's who gave them the best incentives ... 
    Don't forget that BMW's largest factory in the world is in Greenville, SC.  They export 70% of the cars built there.  That's all going to change.  It's also located right next to a Michelin plant (French company).  
    As things are currently I am no fan of those trade agreements...

We in Canada have lost plenty of auto jobs since these agreements have come to fruition.  I realize some of those losses are because of technology ... but last year CAMI in Woodstock Ontario shipped 400 jobs to Mexico, they did this 2 years after receiving millions in welfare...and that's just 1 example.

I'd rather tell these asshole companies who want welfare to leave ... the government can take the welfare they give these companies and re-train the people who loose their over a new policy of 0 corporate welfare, the employees that too old to make re-traing worthwhile, put on a pension.

Invest in individuals, not welfare corporations...

I think Canada would be stupid to sign a trade agreement that does not address corporate welfare.

Trade agreements are done with countries, corp welfare is between a country and domestic business.  These two things seem to be unrelated.  I don't know anything about the situation in Ontario, but I do believe that global trade and the integrated economy is the single most important reason why we've had 80 years of intercontinental peace.  Wars are always about land, resources, and money (Crusades aside).  Having integrated economies has removed some of the incentive for war.  
    That's why I said it would have to be negotiated into the agreement ... Mexico and the US would never go for it.  I do hope Mexico gets dropped from NAFTA, no way we can compete with those low wages of Mexico here in Ontario.  Our auto workers make north of 20/hour into 30+/hour ... I'm with Trump, end NAFTA and Canada can negotiate an agreement with US.  I'm also in agreement to end supply management as well.
    How do you ask the US to sign an agreement that deals with whether a Canada can or cannot provide corp welfare to its domestic business?  I don't follow this line of argument.  

Second, do you support Canada signing the TPP?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,794
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

So you're a believer in his "private sector business skills"?
    it takes a special kind of person to declare bankruptcy 6 times.  that has to be an elite group.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

Ugh. Really?

No kidding.

Thanks Obama.
    Hilarious.

Ah, yes. 120 months or whatever of growth started on 1/20/17, right?

...just like the carnival barking leader you support would like for you to believe.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    BS44325 said:

I think that is where you and others separate.
    Well hang on... I was just told it is working out well but it's thanks to Obama. So I guess the first question is whether things are trending better or worse? It seems clear to everybody that things are trending better. That doesn't mean all sectors are excelling or that this trend will continue but clearly the trend is positive. The next question is whether Trump's policies are pushing this trend or whether the trend was "inevitable" thanks to something Obama did (the bailout? what else did he do?). I think Trump's policies (cutting thousands of regulations, tax reform, elimination of individual mandate, trade policy) on the whole are helping but if you don't believe it you certainly will be able to sit back and see for yourself. It is an experiment that his way, a different way, might be effective to reverse the stagnant levels of growth that are plaguing western economies. There is no "belief" here. I said from the beginning that his supporters will judge him on results and for now we are satisfied.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

Ugh. Really?

No kidding.

Thanks Obama.
    Hilarious.

...just like the carnival barking leader you support would like for you to believe.

No. It started after hitting rock bottom in 2008 but it has taken off only recently.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

it takes a special kind of person to declare bankruptcy 6 times.  that has to be an elite group.
    It takes a special kind of person to succeed out of bankruptcy that many times. That is a super elite group. Considering your country (and most) are teetering on the edge of bankruptcy that elite kind of skill might just come in handy.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

Ugh. Really?

No kidding.

Thanks Obama.
    Hilarious.

No. It started after hitting rock bottom in 2008 but it has taken off only recently.
    Hahaha

wow
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

Ugh. Really?

No kidding.

Thanks Obama.
    Hilarious.

Hahaha

wow
    Is math funny?
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

Ugh. Really?

No kidding.

Thanks Obama.
    Hilarious.

i would take steady growth over "taking off".  we all know what "taking off" ends up leading to
  • Options
    Fucking idiots

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    "I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and still not lose any support."
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

Ugh. Really?

No kidding.

Thanks Obama.
    Hilarious.

i would take steady growth over "taking off".  we all know what "taking off" ends up leading to
    Space Force never crashes!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Dear God: I will promise to believe in you if you do me just one favor.  Do not allow any Trumpists to reproduce.  If you are a benevolent God like the Bible says you are, you will do this for mankind.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    BS44325 said:

TRUMP “CHARITY” EXPOSED AS ELABORATE SCHEME TO MAKE GOLF DEBTS GO AWAY

New York prosecutors have accused the president and his kids of “persistently illegal conduct” related to the Donald J. Trump Foundation.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/06/trump-foundation-lawsuit

How Donald Trump Shifted Kids-Cancer Charity Money Into His Business

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/06/06/how-donald-trump-shifted-kids-cancer-charity-money-into-his-business/#33aaadd96b4a

We’ve Found $16.1 Million in Political and Taxpayer Spending at Trump Properties

Most came from political entities such as the Trump campaign, but government agencies chipped in, too. “I could offer clarity,” one federal employee explained, “but I choose not to.”

https://www.propublica.org/article/political-and-taxpayer-spending-at-trump-properties-16-1-million#146050

Well, he is something different. The past few presidents weren't con men.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    Dear God: I will promise to believe in you if you do me just one favor.  Do not allow any Trumpists or to reproduce.  If you are a benevolent God like the Bible says you are, you will do this for mankind.
    God is too busy helping Tebow now

https://nypost.com/2018/06/27/tim-tebow-suddenly-looking-like-a-pro-baseball-player/
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,728
    BS44325 said:
    vaggar99 said:

It takes a special kind of person to succeed out of bankruptcy that many times. That is a super elite group. Considering your country (and most) are teetering on the edge of bankruptcy that elite kind of skill might just come in handy.
    His stupid reality show is what saved him. 
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    vaggar99 said:

His stupid reality show is what saved him. 
    It sure did. Knowing when to pivot is key.
This discussion has been closed.