Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I love me some Christine Sullivan. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    SCJ's should be elected. not appointed. 
    I disagree. No judge should be elected. I do think that the current appointment process is very flawed, though. 
    let me clarify. under the current corrup rules they get nominated and confirmed under. no party in power should be able to change the rules of how they get appointed. 

that being said, i ahve always thought that it was weird that a judge ran for his seat. however, it does mean they get held to account for the decisoins they render. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    I disagree. No judge should be elected. I do think that the current appointment process is very flawed, though. 
    let me clarify. under the current corrup rules they get nominated and confirmed under. no party in power should be able to change the rules of how they get appointed. 

that being said, i ahve always thought that it was weird that a judge ran for his seat. however, it does mean they get held to account for the decisoins they render. 
    the short sighted pettiness of our lawmakers will result in the downfall of this country.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,677

There are certain states where judges are elected officials.  No federal judges are elected, they are nominated and confirmed.  
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    my2hands said:
    I would vote for Bull Shannon over Trump

True story
    Most Americans would vote for Bull Connor.
    Ouch!  I would disagree with "most".. but buy "many".
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

There are certain states where judges are elected officials.  No federal judges are elected, they are nominated and confirmed.  
    this I know. I remember seeing ads during daytime tv when I was a teen for this local judge and against that local judge. thought it was odd, since it works much differently in canada. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601
    edited June 2018
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    If the SCOTUS worked the way it's supposed to, there wouldn't be all these split votes at all. Clearly those judges aren't doing their jobs properly (or at least about half of them aren't).
    But the country is about 52-48 split on most issues so it is actually working perfectly.
    Well, I know where you stand in this forum now, but my response for everyone else is: That isn't how it's supposed to work. Justice and law under the Constitution should not be a matter of opinion or politics. So it is working the exact opposite of perfectly. The Supreme Court is completely broken thanks to partisanship, and some of those judges should be ashamed of themselves. I've surprised they can sleep at night.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    vaggar99 said:

So you're a believer in his "private sector business skills"?
    it takes a special kind of person to declare bankruptcy 6 times.  that has to be an elite group.
    It takes a special kind of person to succeed out of bankruptcy that many times. That is a super elite group. Considering your country (and most) are teetering on the edge of bankruptcy that elite kind of skill might just come in handy.
    His stupid reality show is what saved him. 
    It sure did. Knowing when to pivot is key.
    Says the guy with no moral compass who won’t give the babysitter a ride home.
    Lol. I forgot about that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

this I know. I remember seeing ads during daytime tv when I was a teen for this local judge and against that local judge. thought it was odd, since it works much differently in canada. 
    You grew up in the States?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

We get tons of American TV/ads in Canada. Always did.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

no. watching american tv during summer holidays. when I say "local", sorry, I meant local to that channel's feed. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

For all of the attention on polls showing President Trump retaining clear support from Republican voters, there’s maybe a more important set of numbers to watch heading in November’s midterm elections – Trump and the GOP’s standing with independents.

And according to a trio of state polls released by NBC News and Marist College, these independent voters are breaking away from the president and the Republican Party.

In Arizona’s poll — which shows Democrat Kyrsten Sinema ahead of her possible GOP opponents by double digits – Sinema leads Republican Martha McSally by 17 points among independent voters, 49 percent to 32 percent.

In Ohio – where Democrat Sherrod Brown is up 13 points — the Democratic senator enjoys a whopping 21-point lead over Republican Jim Renacci among indies, 51 percent to 30 percent.

And in Florida — where Democrat Bill Nelson is ahead by just 4 points (which is within the poll’s margin of error – the Democrat’s lead over Republican Rick Scott among independents is 9 points, 50 percent to 41 percent.

And it’s not just the horserace numbers. Trump’s job rating among independent adults is below 40 percent in Arizona (36 percent), Ohio (37 percent) and Florida (39 percent).

Independent voters also prefer a Democratic-controlled Congress in these three states — D+2 in Arizona, D+6 in Ohio and D+8 in Florida.

Additionally, fewer than one-in-three indie adults say Trump deserves re-election — 29 percent in Arizona, 31 percent in Florida and 32 percent in Ohio.

And maybe most significantly of all, independent voters by double-digit margins — 14 points in Florida, 21 points in Arizona and 29 points in Ohio — say their vote in November will be a message to check and balance Trump rather than to pass his 

https://www.nbcnews.com/card/nbc-marist-polls-independents-break-away-trump-gop-n887091

Like I said, forget about his cult base. Trump can keep them.

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,059
    dignin said:

For all of the attention on polls showing President Trump retaining clear support from Republican voters, there’s maybe a more important set of numbers to watch heading in November’s midterm elections – Trump and the GOP’s standing with independents.

And according to a trio of state polls released by NBC News and Marist College, these independent voters are breaking away from the president and the Republican Party.

In Arizona’s poll — which shows Democrat Kyrsten Sinema ahead of her possible GOP opponents by double digits – Sinema leads Republican Martha McSally by 17 points among independent voters, 49 percent to 32 percent.

In Ohio – where Democrat Sherrod Brown is up 13 points — the Democratic senator enjoys a whopping 21-point lead over Republican Jim Renacci among indies, 51 percent to 30 percent.

And in Florida — where Democrat Bill Nelson is ahead by just 4 points (which is within the poll’s margin of error – the Democrat’s lead over Republican Rick Scott among independents is 9 points, 50 percent to 41 percent.

And it’s not just the horserace numbers. Trump’s job rating among independent adults is below 40 percent in Arizona (36 percent), Ohio (37 percent) and Florida (39 percent).

Independent voters also prefer a Democratic-controlled Congress in these three states — D+2 in Arizona, D+6 in Ohio and D+8 in Florida.

Additionally, fewer than one-in-three indie adults say Trump deserves re-election — 29 percent in Arizona, 31 percent in Florida and 32 percent in Ohio.

And maybe most significantly of all, independent voters by double-digit margins — 14 points in Florida, 21 points in Arizona and 29 points in Ohio — say their vote in November will be a message to check and balance Trump rather than to pass his 

https://www.nbcnews.com/card/nbc-marist-polls-independents-break-away-trump-gop-n887091

I believe this is why Shuster wants to wait until midterms to elect a new Supreme court judge.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I am not making this shit up. 

Last night on Anderson Cooper's show CNN Jeff Zeleny was reporting from the Trumpito rally in Fargo North Dakota, pre-dictator rant.  Over his shoulder the place looks crowded but the assembled are not hooting and hollering...they're just standing there.

What's on the PA?  Sympathy for the Devil.  Like concert level loud.  Zeleny had to yell over SFTD.  They had to adjust the audio when AC threw him a question. 

How much more explicit does it have to be?  Jesus H. Christ

http://www.reasontorock.com/tracks/sympathy.html 
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited June 2018
    https://youtu.be/hNRROKt-JKI

start at the one minute mark... it's just audio...play it LOUD
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,656
    Tiki said:
    I am not making this shit up. 

Last night on Anderson Cooper's show CNN Jeff Zeleny was reporting from the Trumpito rally in Fargo North Dakota, pre-dictator rant.  Over his shoulder the place looks crowded but the assembled are not hooting and hollering...they're just standing there.

What's on the PA?  Sympathy for the Devil.  Like concert level loud.  Zeleny had to yell over SFTD.  They had to adjust the audio when AC threw him a question. 

How much more explicit does it have to be?  Jesus H. Christ

http://www.reasontorock.com/tracks/sympathy.html 
    They played that song at rallies during the campaign. 
  • Options
    Rolling Stones are wussies for letting him use it
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Rolling Stones are wussies for letting him use it
    they have no choice. all they can is request that he doesn't. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    Yeah I thought I remember the stones telling him he couldn’t use it during the campaign?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    dignin said:

Yeah....independents, like myself, plus the reasonable 10-15% or so of repubs (not the 30% brainwashed deplorables) who voted for him before will shape things moving forward.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    has he come up with a nickname for maxine waters yet? like Mad Max? or maybe Blaxine? because you know you've made it when asshole gives you a nickname. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,656
    has he come up with a nickname for maxine waters yet? like Mad Max? or maybe Blaxine? because you know you've made it when asshole gives you a nickname. 
    ‘Extraordinarily low IQ person’ just wasn’t cutting it for me. No rhyme to it and no reference to gender or race.  
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    This is just like Eric Cantor getting beat by Dave Brat a few years ago, just opposite ends of the political spectrum  Unfortunately this is my district and I have to live with Dave Brat.  He is a doofus, completely lacking any social grace.  I knew Cantor and his wife and didn't think it could get worse.. alas it did.  
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    I was watching a Trump rally the other day for the first time since his campaign and you know what it remined me of? The Two-Minutes Hate from 1984. He's still rambling on about Hillary and they're still chanting "lock her up." It's pretty similar to how The Party in 1984 would make the party members watch footage of their enemy Goldstein and get fired up about it. But Goldstein might not even exist. Just as, from a relevance standpoint, Hillary doesn't exist anymore. There's been a lot of 1984 comparisons since the rise of Trump but this is the one that sticks out to me the most. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I was watching a Trump rally the other day for the first time since his campaign and you know what it remined me of? The Two-Minutes Hate from 1984. He's still rambling on about Hillary and they're still chanting "lock her up." It's pretty similar to how The Party in 1984 would make the party members watch footage of their enemy Goldstein and get fired up about it. But Goldstein might not even exist. Just as, from a relevance standpoint, Hillary doesn't exist anymore. There's been a lot of 1984 comparisons since the rise of Trump but this is the one that sticks out to me the most. 
    For me, it's the whole, 'the truth is lies, lies are the truth' thing going on, plus the idea that 'telling the truth is a revolutionary act' - at this point, Trump's made that pretty much true! But yes, the whole situation, administration, the man himself, all of his messages, everything, it is all insanely Orwellian, more so everyday.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    For me, it's the whole, 'the truth is lies, lies are the truth' thing going on, plus the idea that 'telling the truth is a revolutionary act' - at this point, Trump's made that pretty much true! But yes, the whole situation, administration, the man himself, all of his messages, everything, it is all insanely Orwellian, more so everyday.
    The topper was definitely Kellyanne Conway referring to some lies as "alternative facts." 

There's some Animal Farm parallels with this administration as well. Obviously Trump is Napoleon the pig, and Sarah Sanders is Squealer. And the pigs becoming friendly with humans at the end of the book is tantamount to Trump being friendly with the Putins and Kims of the world.....

"Four legs good, two legs bad" turned into "Four legs good, two legs BETTER" for the pigs.

"Allies good, oppressive leaders bad" has turned to "Allies bad, oppressive leaders tremendous" for the presidency. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Donald Trump is fucking awesome, you guys are clueless!

#MAGA
This discussion has been closed.