Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,059
    PJ_Soul said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Ha pardoned Dinesh D’Souza.  Freeing criminal allies!  Second term...locking up political opponents?  Nothing to see here.
    He is now talking about pardoning Martha Stewart, and commuting that fucker Rod Blagojevich's sentence (yeah, the bastard to tried to help his reputation by going onto celebrity apprentice - Trump loved that corrupt criminal even though he didn't even do any work on the show - all he did was try to salvage his reputation. Didn't work, but Trump never cared about his crimes and corruption in the first place obviously).
    Blagojvetch should NOT be pardoned!!!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Ha pardoned Dinesh D’Souza.  Freeing criminal allies!  Second term...locking up political opponents?  Nothing to see here.
    He is now talking about pardoning Martha Stewart, and commuting that fucker Rod Blagojevich's sentence (yeah, the bastard to tried to help his reputation by going onto celebrity apprentice - Trump loved that corrupt criminal even though he didn't even do any work on the show - all he did was try to salvage his reputation. Didn't work, but Trump never cared about his crimes and corruption in the first place obviously).
    He's setting up the precedent to pardon "process" crimes.  It's paving a way for his children and anyone that is indicted in the probe.  
    Yep he will pardon more criminals than passing any good legislation, he only knows how to buy himself out of any crimes against him that’s all he ever did as a contractor buy his way past any red tape ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    There's been an angle to almost every pardon he has issued. Stewart and mob-Rod would be right in line with people who can either help him or serve some purpose for continuing his wealth. It's disgusting that the Trump family is going to remain wealthy for so many more generations.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    WHAT.
    AN.
    EMBARRASMENT.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Everytime I see Trump's press conferences I laugh because he's like some comical clown figure, someone you might expect from a Austin Powers movie. Then I remember, this guy is the president of the USA and in charge of the free world.
    Trump hasn't given a proper press conference in well over a year. Don't be fooled by these little things with foreign leaders where they're both required to take a few questions. Or when reporters are forced to shout questions to him while he walks to Marine One. These things are not press conferences. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    I am speechless at him considering pardoning two famous felons, two people who were proven to have committed fraud. Only because they are friends of his. And Kim Kardashian going to the WH to talk about fucking prison reform?

I am still unable to really conclusively tell if Trump is a massive fucking moron or if he is doing these things as a big fuck you to the left, or if it's just another distraction for everyone to get "triggered" over. 

I am just baffled. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,652
    edited May 2018
    I am speechless at him considering pardoning two famous felons, two people who were proven to have committed fraud. Only because they are friends of his. And Kim Kardashian going to the WH to talk about fucking prison reform?

I am still unable to really conclusively tell if Trump is a massive fucking moron or if he is doing these things as a big fuck you to the left, or if it's just another distraction for everyone to get "triggered" over. 

I am just baffled. 
    It’s to distract from the utter lunch failure Pompeo had with the Very honorable Un’s assistant, which ended abruptly. You can’t negotiate after revealing your bottom line. That might work with contractors you intend to stiff but not nuclear states.
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

I am just baffled. 
    It’s to distract from the utter lunch failure Pompeo had with the Very honorable Un, which ended abruptly. You can’t negotiate after revealing your bottom line. That might work with contractors you intend to stiff but not nuclear states.
    I hesitate on the "distract" option as that would paint President Shitface as tactical and intelligent. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

I am just baffled. 
    It’s to distract from the utter lunch failure Pompeo had with the Very honorable Un, which ended abruptly. You can’t negotiate after revealing your bottom line. That might work with contractors you intend to stiff but not nuclear states.
    I hesitate on the "distract" option as that would paint President Shitface as tactical and intelligent. 
    Careful now. President Shitface is as offensive as racism according to the White House. 
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,656
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    OnWis97 said:
    He's setting up the precedent to pardon "process" crimes.  It's paving a way for his children and anyone that is indicted in the probe.  
    Yup. He’s saying keep your mouth shut, don’t make any deals, and I’ll bounce you out of this later. 
  • Options
    tbergs said:

I am just baffled. 
    Careful now. President Shitface is as offensive as racism according to the White House. 
    good. let sara sanders confront me and I'll punch her in the gunt. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergs said:

I am just baffled. 
    Haha....and cue the thread about being proud of our comments here. lol
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,123
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:

I am just baffled. 
    I never knew he was a woman beater that used sexist language. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:

I am just baffled. 
    I'm not. obviously being facetious. I'd never hit a woman. Actually, I'd never even hit a man. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:

I am just baffled. 
    I'm not. obviously being facetious. I'd never hit a woman. Actually, I'd never even hit a man. 
    I just wanted to add to the incriminating data on you (in regards to the "being proud" comment/thread) ;)  I would hope you wouldn't
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:

I am just baffled. 
    I just wanted to add to the incriminating data on you (in regards to the "being proud" comment/thread) ;)  I would hope you wouldn't
    still proud. I think the word "gunt" is hilarious AF. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:

I am just baffled. 
    still proud. I think the word "gunt" is hilarious AF. LOL
    I can neither confirm nor deny if I chuckled out loud when I read it.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    I think I've been laughing out loud for about the last 10 minutes between the different comments on the threads in the AMT. It's the golden hour right now.
  • Options
    Roseanne and Bee are being used to widen the divide in this country, while this Admin widens the divide internationally. Bravo!

Instead of talking about real issues like the impending tariff increase at midnight: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44320221
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Roseanne and Bee are being used to widen the divide in this country, while this Admin widens the divide internationally. Bravo!

Instead of talking about real issues like the impending tariff increase at midnight: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44320221

This country is so fucked.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Here's where the US will get hit:

Canada said it would put 25% tariffs on certain types of American steel, as well as a 10% tax on other items, including yoghurt, whiskey and roasted coffee.

Mexico's Economy Ministry said it is planning new duties for steel, pork legs and shoulders, apples, grapes, blueberries and cheese.

Europe had previously outlined a list of items, including US bourbon, cranberries and jeans, as targets for retaliation.

I liked Trudeau's response.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/embed/p068rwlk/44320221

Post edited by tbergs on
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Here's where the US will get hit:

Canada said it would put 25% tariffs on certain types of American steel, as well as a 10% tax on other items, including yoghurt, whiskey and roasted coffee.

Mexico's Economy Ministry said it is planning new duties for steel, pork legs and shoulders, apples, grapes, blueberries and cheese.

Europe had previously outlined a list of items, including US bourbon, cranberries and jeans, as targets for retaliation.

I liked Trudeau's response.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/embed/p068rwlk/44320221

I sure hope the put tariffs on bourbon....keep it all here!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:

I am just baffled. 
    I stopped fighting and I hug it out now.  It's way more awkward but better in the end.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:

I am just baffled. 
    I stopped fighting and I hug it out now.  It's way more awkward but better in the end.
    I prefer the good ol' gunt bump. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:

I am just baffled. 
    Hmmm, that might get me back in to fights...  I don't know man...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:

I am just baffled. 
    it's hard to pull off without a...well....hehe.....you know. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:

I am just baffled. 
    it's hard to pull off without a...well....hehe.....you know. 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunt_River

Take a visit!
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,146
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    So just to be clear......there are people who are surprised that a textbook narcissist and pathological liar would try to make Memorial day about himself?? :o
    Lol. It's not really that it surprises me he thinks it or anything. What stuns me over and over again is that he doesn't filter it for appearance's sake, or that someone isn't monitoring every Tweet and stopping all the idiotic ones from getting sent. Surely Trump is aware by now that many of his tweets are damaging to him.... but he  just doesn't care. That's the weird part.
    He paid off a porn star for Chrissakes... there is literally nothing damaging to him at this point.  It's a sad commentary on the lives of the sycophants.  
    Which leads again to the question. ......

What' worse?
    The lying narcissist who'll say anything he wants no matter how hateful, ignorant, racist, etc.?
    Or the person who supports him and his behavior?

And when his party wins the house and Senate in a few months? Just watch him fire Rosie and  Bobby, uh oh. 

Dems need to learn the lessons of the last four congressional elections. So far this year, they are not impressive.
    What do you mean "so far this year"?  They swept Virginia (in Nov, but that was huge) including closing a 13 delegate deficiency in the state.  They beat Roy Moore and won the PA congressional.  What reference point are you using to say it's been unimpressive?

That's a good point, they have had impressive wins. I caution that this is a very small sample size with some extenuating circumstances... Beating an alleged child rapist in AL and having a good candidate in PA who happens to be a conservative Dem. How often does that happen? And the VA races occured before the tax cuts which was followed by sustained rising poll numbers for the Rs

My reference for "unimpressive" is the lack of narrative from the Dems: we can sometimes go months without hearing from Schumer or Pelosi. Whats the message, why vote Dem? Will they reallocate tax cut savings away from the wealthy to favor the middle class?

And propping up Pelosi as potential Speaker is handing the Rs a free punching bag.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,677
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    So just to be clear......there are people who are surprised that a textbook narcissist and pathological liar would try to make Memorial day about himself?? :o
    Lol. It's not really that it surprises me he thinks it or anything. What stuns me over and over again is that he doesn't filter it for appearance's sake, or that someone isn't monitoring every Tweet and stopping all the idiotic ones from getting sent. Surely Trump is aware by now that many of his tweets are damaging to him.... but he  just doesn't care. That's the weird part.
    He paid off a porn star for Chrissakes... there is literally nothing damaging to him at this point.  It's a sad commentary on the lives of the sycophants.  

What' worse?
    The lying narcissist who'll say anything he wants no matter how hateful, ignorant, racist, etc.?

And when his party wins the house and Senate in a few months? Just watch him fire Rosie and  Bobby, uh oh. 

Dems need to learn the lessons of the last four congressional elections. So far this year, they are not impressive.
    What do you mean "so far this year"?  They swept Virginia (in Nov, but that was huge) including closing a 13 delegate deficiency in the state.  They beat Roy Moore and won the PA congressional.  What reference point are you using to say it's been unimpressive?

That's a good point, they have had impressive wins. I caution that this is a very small sample size with some extenuating circumstances... Beating an alleged child rapist in AL and having a good candidate in PA who happens to be a conservative Dem. How often does that happen? And the VA races occured before the tax cuts which was followed by sustained rising poll numbers for the Rs

My reference for "unimpressive" is the lack of narrative from the Dems: we can sometimes go months without hearing from Schumer or Pelosi. Whats the message, why vote Dem? Will they reallocate tax cut savings away from the wealthy to favor the middle class?

And propping up Pelosi as potential Speaker is handing the Rs a free punching bag.
    I think what the Democrats have learned, rightly, is to campaign locally.  They don't need, and would be hurt by a national message right now.  All of the wins have occurred without the assistance of national Democrats.  Let the candidate represent themselves with a message that is right for their community.  I seriously doubt if you will hear some unifying message across the landscape for the midterms.  Deal with that in 2020.  
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,146
    edited May 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

What' worse?

What are you using to gauge not impressive? They’ve flipped seats at the state level already. Dems probably won’t flip the Senate but they have a decent chancenwith the House. Mueller will probably be done late July/early August, and we’ll see what the fallout is from there. 

To add to my other reply above, losing the House would be an absolute disaster for the Ds. Decent chance for the House?? Thats enough to give me agita  .

If they lose... I would guess ... Mueller and Rosie would be fired by the end of 2018 (rumors are Mueller will not be releasing any major reports before election day), Medicare and social security would be privatized by 2019 and, any other guesses? Obamacare completely repealed?

And Trump would be an overwhelming favorite for four more years. America loves to root for the winners.

Yes Dems, you better figure this House race out before November.

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
This discussion has been closed.