Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,817
    RYME said:
    Like it or lump it Trump has been on a roll lately and his approval numbers are still climbing.
    on a roll? and his approval numbers are climbing? I haven't read/watched any american news lately, so I can't rebut that, but I'd like to know where you are getting that from. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,260
    RYME said:
    Like it or lump it Trump has been on a roll lately and his approval numbers are still climbing.
    on a roll? and his approval numbers are climbing? I haven't read/watched any american news lately, so I can't rebut that, but I'd like to know where you are getting that from. 

Trump's twitter feed.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RYME said:

Trump's twitter feed.
    LMAO
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    RYME said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    I don't see what the concern is here. If a Trump supporter wants to come on this thread and state why they think things are going well they are free to do so. Yes, they will face rebuttals, that should be expected. There is also nothing stopping someone who is in agreement with his policies or actions to come on here and rebut anyone who thinks otherwise. I think the main reason you don't see it happen very often is because it is hard to speak for anything he does because of the terrible person he is. You might as well go to the Bill Cosby or Harvey Weinstein threads and try to proclaim the great things they did and see where that gets you as well. Terrible people may momentarily be able to hide or conceal their true self by doing something that seems great, but that should not allow their acts to be forgiven or forgotten unless they make a change and seek forgiveness through acknowledgement of their misdeeds.
    Good point.
    And just for the record, I don't think Trump has done anything even remotely great besides market himself and sell his con to 40% of the country.
    Most of his "accomplishments" fell in his lap.  North Korea's testing facility destroyed itself.  Now they are using it as a way to get something from us and they will likely succeed.  They still know how to make a bomb and for all we know they have another underground site that is still functional.

The tax cuts are nice in part.  I don't disagree that we needed them for the middle class but there is no dispute that this was a major tax cut for the top 1%.

I don't think he deserves any consideration for the Nobel related to North Korea.  His twitter threats should put an end to any of that talk.
    How come no president prior never even came close to sitting down with North Korea?
    Did that fall in his lap too or did some of his ideas actually work.  
    Trump has been on quite a roll lately like it or lump it.
    Yes it fell in his lap.  You could argue that under his watch NK finalized their nuclear testing.  Now they have the information that they need.

My opinion would be that NK sees an opportunity to take advantage of an idiot.  All they have to do to get his attention is say what a great guy he is.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Trump supporters get slaughtered here for a legitimate reason. It's just like if, say, a Harvey Weinstein supporter came along and went off about how great that guy is. Wouldn't that person deserve to get "slaughtered" for defending a serial sexual predator? Or what if someone came on here voicing support for, say, Hitler? Well, any Trump supporter is defending a serial sexual predator too, as well as a con man, a liar, someone who is tearing apart environmental protections, and someone who defends neo-Nazis and who fakes being religious. Why should anyone be expected to be cool with someone who defends all that? 
    Charles Manson seemed like a nice guy.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    I agree that NK plans on taking advantage of Trump. All that Trump has done is be such an egotistical, weak POTUS than the NK finally saw their opportunity to have some power over the USA's leader instead of the other way around. No previous POTUS has been a person who NK viewed as easy to manipulate.
    RYME, you must not be aware of just how much of a laughing stock Trump is in that part of the world.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I agree that NK plans on taking advantage of Trump. All that Trump has done is be such an egotistical, weak POTUS than the NK finally saw their opportunity to have some power over the USA's leader instead of the other way around. No previous POTUS has been a person who NK viewed as easy to manipulate.
    RYME, you must not be aware of just how much of a laughing stock Trump is in that part of the world.

NK sees a man who will agree to anything to come home and say he got a win.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231
    PJ_Soul said:
    Trump supporters get slaughtered here for a legitimate reason. It's just like if, say, a Harvey Weinstein supporter came along and went off about how great that guy is. Wouldn't that person deserve to get "slaughtered" for defending a serial sexual predator? Or what if someone came on here voicing support for, say, Hitler? Well, any Trump supporter is defending a serial sexual predator too, as well as a con man, a liar, someone who is tearing apart environmental protections, and someone who defends neo-Nazis and who fakes being religious. Why should anyone be expected to be cool with someone who defends all that? 
    no one said it wasn't legitimate. look at tbergs post, then gern's reply, etc.  the point being made was that trump supporters are more than welcome to come here with their views. my point, which all of you are subsequently making, is that they are not. 
    Explain to me what you expect welcome to look like? They are not asked to leave or forced to leave. Yes, they will have to defend themselves just like any other thread here. If I go on the gun violence thread and proclaim that I love an Ar-15 just because it's fun to shoot, I am not going to be applauded for my view.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    N. Korea threatens to scrap Trump summit
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    There goes your Nobel HATE Prize.
  • Options
    Turns out Trumpito not honorable.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Absolutely. It's clear that Trump is preparing to make this whole thing the main talking point for his own greatness in the next election campaign. If he doesn't make it work, he'll have nothing significant to spin for his dumbbell followers.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I don't understand how anyone can't see thru this whole NK situation. It seems so obvious. It's like the Trojan horse of the modern day.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    I don't understand how anyone can't see thru this whole NK situation. It seems so obvious. It's like the Trojan horse of the modern day.
    Yeah, some seem to actually be putting their trust in Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump and their ability to be reasonable and do what's best for the greater good. :lol: It's like everyone's on E or something.
  • Options
    Those two IDIOTS.  Right?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:
    "DO YOU KNOW ANY GOOD NAZIS?" "(INSERT RACIST BY ASSOCIATION CLAIM HERE!)" are but a few of the shoutings I've seen on AMT. 
    After torch carrying shield wielding nazi's invaded a progressive southern city, caused a riot, and murdered a protester... Donald Trump said there were "good people on both sides"... 

Defend that all you want... it was a horrific, moronic, and hateful thing to say... I was putting that out as just one example, out of thousands, that Trump is a piece of shit that should not be supported by anybody... let's see that happen in your country and then see what you say

But feel free to play the contrarian role, you're pretty good at it
    and how predictable. I KNEW someone was going to accuse me of being a trump supporter or apologist or defender. just didn't think it would happen that fucking quick. 

what a joke. 
    That definitely was not my intention... i'm aware you think Trump is horrible and do not defend him in any way, ever, from what I can tell
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PJ_Soul said:

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,582
    Nothing to see here. And some were worried or pissed off about Hillary’s connections.

Trump helps sanctioned Chinese phone maker after China delivers a big loan to a Trump project - Vox https://apple.news/AOUvVpNxmRcer3alZmYYfPQ

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Nothing to see here. And some were worried or pissed off about Hillary’s connections.

Trump helps sanctioned Chinese phone maker after China delivers a big loan to a Trump project - Vox https://apple.news/AOUvVpNxmRcer3alZmYYfPQ

Trumpito not honorable.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    RYME said:
    Hell yeah he's doing great i was wrong about this idiotgiantfool never thought he would make a great president but look at him now all he needs to do now is bring peace between Palestine & Israel and he can be president for life what you think ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    RYME said:
    I was curious about what he has been on a roll about lately so I sought out his advisers and found this.

Is this what you mean?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    I was curious about what he has been on a roll about lately so I sought out his advisers and found this.

Is this what you mean?

I've been through this with Mr Ryme before. He does not watch or read any news despite sharing the same talking points that appear on Fox and Friends every morning.

It is an uncanny coincidence... the likes of which the world has never seen.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/05/15/north-korea-threatens-cancel-donald-trump-kim-jong-un-meeting/612350002/

I think they are just playing with him.  If tRump cancels (the exercises) then he's a puppet.  If he doesn't cancel then no peace prize.

President Dumbass foiled again.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    My wife just got back from Scotland.  She encountered no tRump fans there.  Lots of people from Europe on the tours that they went on and it was unanimous that tRump is a fucking idiot.  They especially hate him in Scotland due to the golf course and due to Irn Bru being banned from his resort since it might stain his carpets.

• Options

• Options
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    no one said it wasn't legitimate. look at tbergs post, then gern's reply, etc.  the point being made was that trump supporters are more than welcome to come here with their views. my point, which all of you are subsequently making, is that they are not. 
    Explain to me what you expect welcome to look like? They are not asked to leave or forced to leave. Yes, they will have to defend themselves just like any other thread here. If I go on the gun violence thread and proclaim that I love an Ar-15 just because it's fun to shoot, I am not going to be applauded for my view.
    ok, if your idea of "welcome" is "not being kicked out", then I suppose I misunderstood. I see those as opposite reactions, not similar. 

debating the issues, not yelling at people about how stupid/racist/complicit they are is what I consider "welcome". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ok, if your idea of "welcome" is "not being kicked out", then I suppose I misunderstood. I see those as opposite reactions, not similar. 

debating the issues, not yelling at people about how stupid/racist/complicit they are is what I consider "welcome". 
    I rarely see that I guess. There might be inferences made based on certain statements of support that indicate a belief someone is coming off as racist or an apologist.
  • Options
    RYME said:
    No
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:

But if they are being stupid/racist, etc.  How else would one react?

This discussion has been closed.