• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    didn't you get the memo?
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    no collusion everybody knows it no collusion
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited April 2018

Trump lied to me about his wealth to get onto the Forbes 400. Here are the tapes.

Posing as ‘John Barron,’ he claimed he owned most of his father’s real estate empire.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/trump-lied-to-me-about-his-wealth-to-get-onto-the-forbes-400-here-are-the-tapes/2018/04/20/ac762b08-4287-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html?utm_term=.f011ce632b4b

Con man
    Post edited by dignin on
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Tiki said:
    It was my involvement and the involvement of our great country that made the Olympics a very successful Olympics. If you look at ticket sales prior to what took place with respect to North Korea, it was going to be a big problem, and it turned out to be a very successful Olympics. So we've gotten us here, and I think we're going to be successful. But if for any reason I feel we're not, we end. Okay?

ALLRIGHTYTHEN
    What in the actual fuck is he talking about?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    dignin said:

Trump lied to me about his wealth to get onto the Forbes 400. Here are the tapes.

Posing as ‘John Barron,’ he claimed he owned most of his father’s real estate empire.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/trump-lied-to-me-about-his-wealth-to-get-onto-the-forbes-400-here-are-the-tapes/2018/04/20/ac762b08-4287-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html?utm_term=.f011ce632b4b

Con man
    His orangeness, his hair, his wealth, his intelligence, his health etc. etc.  Nothing is real about him
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited April 2018
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Con man
    His orangeness, his hair, his wealth, his intelligence, his health etc. etc.  Nothing is real about him
    Almost 63 million Americans voted for this con man. I'm still floored by it.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Con man
    That is just not true.
    We see much of DJT that is the real deal.
    His irascibility, his obsession with himself, his inability to think, speak, read or write above a middle school level, his lecherous view of feminine appearances, his greed, his utter lack of class and taste, his barely constrained racism...the list goes on and on, and the very sad thing is that he was elected based on those real qualities and not the fake ones.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • dignin said:
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Con man

Idiots... or morally bankrupt.

There's no in-between in my mind.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    dignin said:
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Con man
    And of those 63 million, I'd bet at least 60 million don't regret it.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    1dignin said:

Con man

Tiki said:
    " Where is our “Thank you America?” "

what an EMBARRASSMENT
    Tiki said:
    " Where is our “Thank you America?” "

what an EMBARRASSMENT
    This morning I had to drive by MLGo and I was shocked to see Air Force I still parked at PBI. Luckily I had no problems getting through, go home back to DC its getting  too hot go home. 

As former President Obama once said this man is a "bullshitter" completely. Yet his minions will tell all he speaks the truth....this is unreal hard to believe this ALL is happening in America.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• OnWis97 said:
    dignin said:
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Con man
    And of those 63 million, I'd bet at least 60 million don't regret it.

I'll 'one up ya': 60 million are digging it!
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    dignin said:
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Con man

I know many and they don't fit your narrative.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • dignin said:
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Con man

I said 'in my mind'.

I mean seriously... how the f**k could you vote for that guy?

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    I was just wondering.....I wonder if the reason Yrump is fearful of not showing his tax returns is that it will show how much debt he has incurred and most importantly to WHOM. 

It can be percieved hes just NOT as wealthy as he portrays himself.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    dignin said:
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Con man

I said 'in my mind'.

Easy..... he was the host of a TV game show
    edited April 2018
    dignin said:
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Con man

I said 'in my mind'.

I actually get voting for him.  Well, not really given how obvious it was that he was unqualified at best.  But what floors me is the degree to which they dig in their heels and still support him...still think he's great.  It's like they're still celebrating November 8, 2016.  And it's concerning to me. We're becoming desensitized to unprofessional behavior and narcissism. It's becoming normalized.

That people vote for him? Meh.  What's really freigtening is that they're going to vote for him again.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    edited April 2018
    It’s still a nothingwhopper. People just need to accept he’s the prez good or bad and just fight with their vote next election.  The “investigation” was old a year ago.
    This is where we are.  I don't actually believe it's a nothingberger, but I think we have a sense of where we're at.  Mueller's report's going to come out and point to some potentially bad stuff...working with Russians on the election, some campaign finance irregularities, and other stuff that nearly half the country will shrug off more than they did Obama's tan suit.  Unless Mueller finds a recording of a phone conversation with Putin saying to Trump "you will run for President and if you win, you'll be working for me if you don't want me to expose your secret" the findings are going to make barely a blip.  

And even if something that damning happens, half the country will dismiss it as fake and doctored.  Fox News will not cover it and the GOP will ignore it and protect Trump.  

All we can really do is try to vote him out in 2020 and that's a longshot.
  • OnWis97 said:
    It’s still a nothingwhopper. People just need to accept he’s the prez good or bad and just fight with their vote next election.  The “investigation” was old a year ago.
    This is where we are.  I don't actually believe it's a nothingberger, but I think we have a sense of where we're at.  Mueller's report's going to come out and point to some potentially bad stuff...working with Russians on the election, some campaign finance irregularities, and other stuff that nearly half the country will shrug off more than they did Obama's tan suit.  Unless Mueller finds a recording of a phone conversation with Putin saying to Trump "you will run for President and if you win, you'll be working for me if you don't want me to expose your secret" the findings are going to make barely a blip.  

And even if something that damning happens, half the country will dismiss it as fake and doctored.  Fox News will not cover it and the GOP will ignore it and protect Trump.  

All we can really do is try to vote him out in 2020 and that's a longshot.
    This is kind of the point where I've gotten myself to.

It's shitty.
    edited April 2018
    g under p said:
    I was just wondering.....I wonder if the reason Yrump is fearful of not showing his tax returns is that it will show how much debt he has incurred and most importantly to WHOM. 

It can be percieved hes just NOT as wealthy as he portrays himself.

Peace

Would that tax returns really be able to show to whom he was in debt?  (my two-income super-easy tax returns have not educated me on how the other half lives)

My guess is they'd just show that he's not as rich as he says, but to him, that's frightening...since all he cares about is what others think of him.
    dignin said:
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Con man

I said 'in my mind'.

Let me think back...though remember I didn't vote for him I do know many that did:

1) Abortion - some people I know have this a the only measuring stick.  If you are pro-choice, you are not electable in their minds.  Most of these people are highly religious.  But I have never been and I use to think somewhat like this as well.  Until I realized it was not smart to base decisions like this on only 1 matter that they do not even have the power to do anything about.

2) 2nd amendment - there are many that love their guns.  And really are responsible gun owners.  And for some reason they are convinced that any discussion about gun control mean taking all guns away.  So they won't vote for someone who is willing to have a discussion about gun control.  To be fair, over the last several years this has become my single-issue voter topic myself...but on the opposite side.

3) Big government - they are highly anti-government.  Think they are all crooks and waste tax $.  So a) wanted a non-washington person as president b) tend to vote republican thinking they will get tax break and spending will decrease.  (Unfortunately the republicans of late don't seem to give much tax relief and still spend way too much)

4) immigration reform - though I think many know it needs more than a wall...they wanted the government to enforce the laws we have that they've ignored for so long.

Honestly - those are the 4 biggest reasons I've heard. I was and still am intrigued about a true business person being president.  But not one like Trump, someone that had to run a corporation with a board and shareholders.  Trump was a dictator as a business man and now as a president.  Also - I could not overlook the fact that Trump had an extremely sexist and seems to be racist past, present and I'm sure future. 

To be honest - I actually am anti-abortion, anti-big government, and I want immigration reform and for the government to enforce our laws.  I just didn't like how trump was as a person and his extreme positions on those issues.  But many just wanted someone they thought would go against the "norm" and do something about those issues.  I wonder if they care about the details now?
    hippiemom = goodness
    The thing those Comey memos DO show is the newly elected (and very off the rails) President had his own set of rules of how he expected things to operate.  

Since that point in time we've grown accustomed to that type of behavior. 
    What once seemed unthinkable is working it's way toward NORMALCY.

Keep fighting that.  It's FASCISM.  

• dignin said:
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Con man

I said 'in my mind'.

Let me think back...though remember I didn't vote for him I do know many that did:

1) Abortion - some people I know have this a the only measuring stick.  If you are pro-choice, you are not electable in their minds.  Most of these people are highly religious.  But I have never been and I use to think somewhat like this as well.  Until I realized it was not smart to base decisions like this on only 1 matter that they do not even have the power to do anything about.

2) 2nd amendment - there are many that love their guns.  And really are responsible gun owners.  And for some reason they are convinced that any discussion about gun control mean taking all guns away.  So they won't vote for someone who is willing to have a discussion about gun control.  To be fair, over the last several years this has become my single-issue voter topic myself...but on the opposite side.

3) Big government - they are highly anti-government.  Think they are all crooks and waste tax $.  So a) wanted a non-washington person as president b) tend to vote republican thinking they will get tax break and spending will decrease.  (Unfortunately the republicans of late don't seem to give much tax relief and still spend way too much)

4) immigration reform - though I think many know it needs more than a wall...they wanted the government to enforce the laws we have that they've ignored for so long.

Honestly - those are the 4 biggest reasons I've heard. I was and still am intrigued about a true business person being president.  But not one like Trump, someone that had to run a corporation with a board and shareholders.  Trump was a dictator as a business man and now as a president.  Also - I could not overlook the fact that Trump had an extremely sexist and seems to be racist past, present and I'm sure future. 

To be honest - I actually am anti-abortion, anti-big government, and I want immigration reform and for the government to enforce our laws.  I just didn't like how trump was as a person and his extreme positions on those issues.  But many just wanted someone they thought would go against the "norm" and do something about those issues.  I wonder if they care about the details now?
    1- speaks to the idiot (the welfare of the country means nothing when it comes to restricting a woman's choice... women... sheesh... just get barefoot int he kitchen already and know your place).

2- speaks to the idiot (scared a democratic government is planning on snatching everyone's guns).

3- speaks to the idiot (the government are all crooks so let's elect the biggest crook we know to really shove it in the government's face).

4- speaks to the immoral (having won the lottery of life... they refuse a lifeline to others in their finite time of being).
    dignin said:
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Con man

I said 'in my mind'.

1- speaks to the idiot (the welfare of the country means nothing when it comes to restricting a woman's choice... women... sheesh... just get barefoot int he kitchen already and know your place).

2- speaks to the idiot (scared a democratic government is planning on snatching everyone's guns).

3- speaks to the idiot (the government are all crooks so let's elect the biggest crook we know to really shove it in the government's face).

4- speaks to the immoral (having won the lottery of life... they refuse a lifeline to others in their finite time of being).
    You were right to quantify "in your mind" because I find your comments above to be part of the problem as to why we are where we are today.  Congratulations on making Donald Trump our president.

1) To many it is actually about saving a life.  Despite what you may think.
    2) I don;t think they are idiots for this, just unreasonable
    3) Again, I don;t think idiots.  It's not like they actually had a great choice to make there.  They wanted a non-washington type...heck so do I actually...and they were ok with ignoring personal faults to get it....I was not.
    4) Immoral?  Ok, that's just nonsense.  How many refugees you got living in your house?  Immoral, what a dumbass statement that just shuts down any real conversation.  again, nicely done.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    dignin said:
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Con man

I said 'in my mind'.

Easy..... he was the host of a TV game show
    A TV gameshow built around the false premise that he was a business genius. Many of us, myself included, wildly underestimated how many people actually believed what they were seeing.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • dignin said:
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Con man

I said 'in my mind'.

You were right to quantify "in your mind" because I find your comments above to be part of the problem as to why we are where we are today.  Congratulations on making Donald Trump our president.

1) To many it is actually about saving a life.  Despite what you may think.
    2) I don;t think they are idiots for this, just unreasonable
    3) Again, I don;t think idiots.  It's not like they actually had a great choice to make there.  They wanted a non-washington type...heck so do I actually...and they were ok with ignoring personal faults to get it....I was not.
    4) Immoral?  Ok, that's just nonsense.  How many refugees you got living in your house?  Immoral, what a dumbass statement that just shuts down any real conversation.  again, nicely done.
    You don't think it's immoral the recent deportations where good American people have been shipped to another country- some even after having serving the US military? You think considering such as immoral is 'nonsense'?

Congratulations on supporting Donald Trump! Let me say it again, nicely done.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    It took a village to elect a Trump.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    dignin said:
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Con man
    You’d be surprised at the folks who did I work in  pretty big health system umbrella of hospitals Northwell and most Doctors & sales reps I deal with everyday most voted for him ! Educated people not just hillbilly ‘s did ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Abortion?  Right-y's are WAY TOO JUDGEY.  It's none of your business pal.  Change the law you don't like it.

2nd Amendment?  That shit is OLD and should be gotten rid of.  Muskets are different from Assault Rifles. 
    Got a Driver's License? They make you get that because operating a car is dangerous. What about a gun operators license?

Big government?  What about Big military spending?  What about the waste of Gov't resources on those weekend golf trips? 
    Not staffing the State Department because you don't know what it does?  That's just STUPID.
    I'd rather have big gov't that actually attacks problems like poverty or the opiod crisis or racial inequality. 
    or EDUCATION.  or a million other things

Xenophobia is always wrong.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Agreed ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
This discussion has been closed.