Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Someone is a little unclear on the definition of "treason".

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-democrats-state-of-the-union_us_5a78b7fbe4b00f94fe93f924?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

President Donald Trump accused Democrats on Monday of being “un-American” and “treasonous” in a campaign-style speech in Cincinnati that was actually meant to tout the recent GOP tax bill and the economy.

“Can we call that treason?” Trump said, referring to Democrats who did not clap for him during his State of the Union address last week. “Why not? I mean, they certainly didn’t seem to love our country very much.”

Can we call that treason? Well, no, actually. 

to be fair, i watched the video. he was simply playfully responding to someone in the crowd yelling out "treason!". and the media is twisting it to make it sound like he insitgated it. that's just how he is. he talks to a crowd and cameras like he's having a one-on-one conversation. it's odd, and irresponsible, but hardly as bad as the media is spinning it. 
    It's worse than how the media is spinning it. Could you imagine any other president saying that? It would be news for days but with this dumpster fire it was probably covered for a couple hours last night and now on to the next disaster.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    The gang that can't  shoot straight strikes again......

Kellyanne Conway’s 'opioid cabinet' sidelines drug czar’s experts
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/06/kellyanne-conway-opioid-drug-czar-325457

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway has taken control of the opioids agenda, quietly freezing out drug policy professionals and relying instead on political staff to address a lethal crisis claiming about 175 lives a day. The main response so far has been to call for a border wall and to promise a "just say no” campaign.

Trump is expected to propose massive cuts this month to the “drug czar” office, just as he attempted in last year’s budget before backing off. He hasn’t named a permanent director for the office, and the chief of staff was sacked in December. For months, the office’s top political appointee was a 24-year-old Trump campaign staffer with no relevant qualifications. Its senior leadership consists of a skeleton crew of three political appointees, down from nine a year ago
    MAGA
    Making Addiction Great Again?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    dignin said:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-democrats-state-of-the-union_us_5a78b7fbe4b00f94fe93f924?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

President Donald Trump accused Democrats on Monday of being “un-American” and “treasonous” in a campaign-style speech in Cincinnati that was actually meant to tout the recent GOP tax bill and the economy.

“Can we call that treason?” Trump said, referring to Democrats who did not clap for him during his State of the Union address last week. “Why not? I mean, they certainly didn’t seem to love our country very much.”

to be fair, i watched the video. he was simply playfully responding to someone in the crowd yelling out "treason!". and the media is twisting it to make it sound like he insitgated it. that's just how he is. he talks to a crowd and cameras like he's having a one-on-one conversation. it's odd, and irresponsible, but hardly as bad as the media is spinning it. 
    It's worse than how the media is spinning it. Could you imagine any other president saying that? It would be news for days but with this dumpster fire it was probably covered for a couple hours last night and now on to the next disaster.
    That's a great point that I don't hear many people making.  This situation with tRump is off the charts.  Every day is further off the chart.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    dignin said:

I know what you are saying, but unfortunately, I'm not giving him a pass, but context is everything. if any other president were to say it, you are right, it would be shocking. But in light of everything else he has said, you have to take that into consideration. this is the new fucking normal, for at least 3 more years, whether we like it or not. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:

I know what you are saying, but unfortunately, I'm not giving him a pass, but context is everything. if any other president were to say it, you are right, it would be shocking. But in light of everything else he has said, you have to take that into consideration. this is the new fucking normal, for at least 3 more years, whether we like it or not. 
    It’ll be over in less than 3 years, thanks to Team Mueller and Team Trump Treason’s brilliance.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/06/kellyanne-conway-opioid-drug-czar-325457

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway has taken control of the opioids agenda, quietly freezing out drug policy professionals and relying instead on political staff to address a lethal crisis claiming about 175 lives a day. The main response so far has been to call for a border wall and to promise a "just say no” campaign.

Trump is expected to propose massive cuts this month to the “drug czar” office, just as he attempted in last year’s budget before backing off. He hasn’t named a permanent director for the office, and the chief of staff was sacked in December. For months, the office’s top political appointee was a 24-year-old Trump campaign staffer with no relevant qualifications. Its senior leadership consists of a skeleton crew of three political appointees, down from nine a year ago
    This current administration is a f***king embarrassment.. A 'border wall' and a promise to 'just say no', what a great plan!
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828

This current administration is a f***king embarrassment.. A 'border wall' and a promise to 'just say no', what a great plan!

"Just say no" worked great in the Reagan era. And a huge chunk of the opiods are coming in from China, which incidentally already has its own wall.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    dignin said:

Lol

The bar is so low.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

Because accusations of treason are always playful.
  • Options

did you watch the video? I did. the video paints an entirely different picture than what I've seen from the media. I've said this before and I'll say it again, this is the shit that gives the "fake news" movement creedence. it's biased and sensationalisitic reporting. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    people keep asking the wrong questions when something like this happens. all I see is "how would the right have reacted if Obama/Hillary said this?". who gives a fuck? why not ask yourself this before you over react: "how would I have reacted if (the guy I liked) said this?". We all probably would have explained it away as playful banter at a rally based on historical and present context. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    people keep asking the wrong questions when something like this happens. all I see is "how would the right have reacted if Obama/Hillary said this?". who gives a fuck? why not ask yourself this before you over react: "how would I have reacted if (the guy I liked) said this?". We all probably would have explained it away as playful banter at a rally based on historical and present context. 
    This is what normalization looks like.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    dignin said:
    This is what normalization looks like.
    oh jesus. do people around here just have that on perpetual copy/paste?

what I'm referring to is what political bias looks like. some people just can't get passed it and see it for what it is. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

did you watch the video? I did. the video paints an entirely different picture than what I've seen from the media. I've said this before and I'll say it again, this is the shit that gives the "fake news" movement creedence. it's biased and sensationalisitic reporting. 

Yes, I watched the video. The fact that he can "playfully" call people who disagree with him treasonous and some eat it up is astounding, and yes, you're giving him a pass. "Can we call it treason? Ehhhh, why not?" - there are a few really good reasons why not, that any sitting president, and in fact anyone with any sense should know. But I guess I'm just a contrarian.
  • Options

Yes, I watched the video. The fact that he can "playfully" call people who disagree with him treasonous and some eat it up is astounding, and yes, you're giving him a pass. "Can we call it treason? Ehhhh, why not?" - there are a few really good reasons why not, that any sitting president, and in fact anyone with any sense should know. But I guess I'm just a contrarian.
    nope. I have given him zero passes since he came into office. but not everything he says requires the hysteria that some like to portray it as. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    the headlines I see when I google "trump treason" are laughable and fear mongering at its finest. "in dictator move...." is one of the funniest. But hey, I guess I'm a trump supporter now, right?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    disagree....way off here

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    But hey, I guess I'm a trump supporter now, right?
    Nah, I think just grumpy.
  • Options
    disagree....way off here
    yeah, cuz the left never overreacts over anything. 

everything I've seen lately is the sky is constantly falling.it's getting tiring. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:
    But hey, I guess I'm a trump supporter now, right?
    Nah, I think just grumpy.
    nope. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,303
    the headlines I see when I google "trump treason" are laughable and fear mongering at its finest. "in dictator move...." is one of the funniest. But hey, I guess I'm a trump supporter now, right?
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trump-cracks-the-seal-on-talk-of-treason?source=twitter&via=mobile

6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,126
    I wish I never had to hear anyone talk abou normalization again.

It’s the left’s “snowflake” or other stupid response on repeat. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    disagree....way off here
    yeah, cuz the left never overreacts over anything. 

everything I've seen lately is the sky is constantly falling.it's getting tiring. 
    I wouldn't say the left never overreacts but this is beyond any semblance of normal.  

I would also say that a lot of what you here as "if Obama did this, the right would be..." is just plain shock.  The way the right manipulates its base in this country is unreal.  They have convinced people that have no business voting republican to be ready at a moments notice to grab their guns and go to war for the GOP.  

• Options
    edited February 2018

• Options
    NewJPage said:
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trump-cracks-the-seal-on-talk-of-treason?source=twitter&via=mobile

reads like a Keith Olbermann diatribe, which to me are now more dramatic entertainmant than actual political commentary. it's not without its merit, obviously, but the hysteria, oh the hysteria. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    NewJPage said:

reads like a Keith Olbermann diatribe, which to me are now more dramatic entertainmant than actual political commentary. it's not without its merit, obviously, but the hysteria, oh the hysteria. 
    Rick Wilson is a conservative

• Options
    NewJPage said:

Rick Wilson is a conservative
    yeah, I know. I read the article. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,664

What should we call the constant minimization and redefinition of trump’s actions by the right? 
  • Options

agreed. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.