Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    BS44325 said:
    Kat said:
    Jeff Sessions Defends Trump’s Right To Speak Out Against Free Speech
    “The president has free speech rights too,” the attorney general said of Trump’s condemnation of NFL players who protest.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jeff-sessions-trump-nfl_us_59ca8732e4b0cdc7733534d4?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Um...the president is supposed to be the #1 supporter of the Constitution and he clearly isn't when he condemns the American right to peaceful protest. It's the opposite as in unAmerican. So JeffSessions, you are that too evidently. Did he send you out to say that drivel?

The President is not condemning the "right to protest" but the style in which it is being conducted. He has said that it is the player's right...he just doesn't like it and has the right to condemn it as disrespectful even though I disagree with him doing it. He also has the right to say an owner "should" fire a player but he doesn't have the right to "order" or "force" an owner to fire a player...which he hasn't done. An owner and/or league has code of conduct rules and they do have the right to fire a player. The NBA previously suspended Abdoul Rauf for failing to stand for the anthem. The NFL has fined players for wearing sneakers that paid respects to 9/11. Google just fired an employee for writing a memo. This forum bans people when they are in breach of posting rules. Free speech is not a one way street.
    He does not have the right to influence or threaten to influence, which is what he is doing.  Persuasive speech.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

PJ_Soul said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^^ All silly bullshit.
    Why in the fuck are you a Trump supporter BS? It's so weird. Are you just a contrarian?
    I've laid it out a million times. I don't like him but I think he is necessary.
    Yes, if you're aiming for the decline and fall of the USA, I agree he is necessary. But look, your comment about his UN speech suggests you're saying more than what you're claiming is your point. Are you so egotistical that you think you know what's best for the world when literally every single other reasonable leader on the face of the planet doesn't, along with all other reasonable people, military leaders, geniuses, scientists, et al? I think it's almost fascinating that you feel like you know something that all of these much more qualified and informed people don't (not to mention about 68% of all US voters).
    The decline and fall of the USA was already afoot. It probably still is. Every other reasonable leader has failed you along with all other reasonable people, military leaders, geniuses, scientists, et al. The emperor is wearing no clothes. More of the same will not do. Trump is the hail mary pass that in all likelihood will fail but at least it is a pass attempt.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    Kat said:
    “The president has free speech rights too,” the attorney general said of Trump’s condemnation of NFL players who protest.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jeff-sessions-trump-nfl_us_59ca8732e4b0cdc7733534d4?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Um...the president is supposed to be the #1 supporter of the Constitution and he clearly isn't when he condemns the American right to peaceful protest. It's the opposite as in unAmerican. So JeffSessions, you are that too evidently. Did he send you out to say that drivel?

The President is not condemning the "right to protest" but the style in which it is being conducted. He has said that it is the player's right...he just doesn't like it and has the right to condemn it as disrespectful even though I disagree with him doing it. He also has the right to say an owner "should" fire a player but he doesn't have the right to "order" or "force" an owner to fire a player...which he hasn't done. An owner and/or league has code of conduct rules and they do have the right to fire a player. The NBA previously suspended Abdoul Rauf for failing to stand for the anthem. The NFL has fined players for wearing sneakers that paid respects to 9/11. Google just fired an employee for writing a memo. This forum bans people when they are in breach of posting rules. Free speech is not a one way street.
    He does not have the right to influence or threaten to influence, which is what he is doing.  Persuasive speech.
    He certainly does have that right.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^^ All silly bullshit.
    Why in the fuck are you a Trump supporter BS? It's so weird. Are you just a contrarian?
    Yes, if you're aiming for the decline and fall of the USA, I agree he is necessary. But look, your comment about his UN speech suggests you're saying more than what you're claiming is your point. Are you so egotistical that you think you know what's best for the world when literally every single other reasonable leader on the face of the planet doesn't, along with all other reasonable people, military leaders, geniuses, scientists, et al? I think it's almost fascinating that you feel like you know something that all of these much more qualified and informed people don't (not to mention about 68% of all US voters).
    The decline and fall of the USA was already afoot. It probably still is. Every other reasonable leader has failed you along with all other reasonable people, military leaders, geniuses, scientists, et al. The emperor is wearing no clothes. More of the same will not do. Trump is the hail mary pass that in all likelihood will fail but at least it is a pass attempt.
    Hahaha ok! Yep!
    :dizzy:

Are you going to tell us the Earth is flat next?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Kat said:

No, he does not.  It is against the law.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^^ All silly bullshit.
    Hahaha ok! Yep!
    :dizzy:

Are you going to tell us the Earth is flat next?
    No but it looks like your warming models are off.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^^ All silly bullshit.
    That kind of reasoning is akin to a doctor prescribing heroin to someone as a pain reliever.  In all likelihood it'll end up fatal for the patient, but at least it was an attempt.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^^ All silly bullshit.
    What is this "failure" you speak of? I remember the Clinton years being pretty damn good. And Obama took us out that deep hole the neocons dug for us. Trump's impeachment will be a failure of him and his administration but there won't be a world failure. Keep selling your fear because fear is all you have to sell.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    BS44325 said:
    Kat said:

Dude. Wake up. The president is saying what he is saying to rile people like you up. That's it. Plain and simple. It is politics. And it's ugly as fuck because it's just driving a mac truck down the wedge he has helped create in this country.

Fuck him.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    Kat said:

Dude. Wake up. The president is saying what he is saying to rile people like you up. That's it. Plain and simple. It is politics. And it's ugly as fuck because it's just driving a mac truck down the wedge he has helped create in this country.

Fuck him.

Wake up? I agreed to this point already. It isn't riling me up as I disagree with him on this. What I'm saying is that he didn't create the wedge. The wedge existed. He is exploiting it while many of you take the bait. It is you that is riled up. Dude.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^^ All silly bullshit.
    That kind of reasoning is akin to a doctor prescribing heroin to someone as a pain reliever.  In all likelihood it'll end up fatal for the patient, but at least it was an attempt.
    Bad analogy.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    A leukemia patient is dying because the U.S. won't give her sister—and stem cell donor match—a visa
    By Gabe Ortiz   Wednesday Sep 20, 2017 · 3:25 PM CDT
    Helen Huynh and her family were devastated when she was diagnosed with an aggressive form of leukemia this past February, one that required immediate chemotherapy until she could undergo a lifesaving stem cell transplant. Despite the grim news, there was a ray of light for the Garden Grove, California, grandmother of three: one of her three sisters in her native Vietnam was a perfect match.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/9/20/1700156/-A-leukemia-patient-is-dying-because-the-U-S-won-t-give-her-sister-a-stem-cell-donor-match-a-visa
    More heartless and cruel.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Kat said:

Fuck him.

Wake up? I agreed to this point already. It isn't riling me up as I disagree with him on this. What I'm saying is that he didn't create the wedge. The wedge existed. He is exploiting it while many of you take the bait. It is you that is riled up. Dude.

He has contributed to the wedge dating back to when he refused to rent to black people in the 70's and 80's. He further contributed to the wedge when he said the central park 5 should be given the death penalty before they were even tried and never apologized afterwards. He then injected the wedge with steroids by pushing the fake/racist birther conspiracy theory upon us for years. Donald Trump is a disgusting, vile human being who has gotten to where he is by doing precisely what he has spent the last few days tweeting about.

Wake up.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^^ All silly bullshit.
    Bad analogy.
    How so?
  • Options
    Failure like the Iran nuclear accord? Failure of the ACA? Failure to reduce unemployment? Or failure to build a wall, overturn the ACA, and use control of all three branches of government to shove shit down the throat of America? I do believe there is $1BB+ loan coming due for 666 5th Avenue. Maybe its that failure that you speak of? Or maybe its the failure of trying to obstruct justice 7Xs? With so much winning, its hard to see the brilliant brilliance of the failures.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    edited September 2017
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^^ All silly bullshit.
    Bad analogy.
    How so?
    Yes, really? Maybe you @BS44325 have a bad analogy, but the two seem comparable to me.
    Post edited by tbergs on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^^ All silly bullshit.
    What is this "failure" you speak of? I remember the Clinton years being pretty damn good. And Obama took us out that deep hole the neocons dug for us. Trump's impeachment will be a failure of him and his administration but there won't be a world failure. Keep selling your fear because fear is all you have to sell.
    I second that. How was the US in decline?
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Kat said:

No, he does not.  It is against the law.
    word up
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    crime is crime
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^^ All silly bullshit.
    Bad analogy.
    How so?
    Really? I can't believe I am going to waste my time on this nonsense...

Doctors always prescribe morphine as a pain reliever. Morphine and heroine are from the same family and as a pain reliever in controlled doses it is extremely effective. It is quite frequently used in palliative care situations so that a patient might die peacefully without pain. So your analogy makes zero sense because Trump is not the palliative pain reliever but is the untested alternative therapy that hopefully revives the patient (america). He is the new experimental chemo drug that might help even though it will likely have bad side effects. The status quo is the heroine. The status quo keeps the patient sick until it dies of natural causes. The analogy is bad.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^^ All silly bullshit.
    The Clinton Korea Nuclear deal is just starting to pay off.
  • Options

Failure like the Iran nuclear accord? Failure of the ACA? Failure to reduce unemployment? Or failure to build a wall, overturn the ACA, and use control of all three branches of government to shove shit down the throat of America? I do believe there is $1BB+ loan coming due for 666 5th Avenue. Maybe its that failure that you speak of? Or maybe its the failure of trying to obstruct justice 7Xs? With so much winning, its hard to see the brilliant brilliance of the failures.
    The Iran Nuclear Accord is Clinton Korea Nuclear Deal all over again.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

The Iran Nuclear Accord is Clinton Korea Nuclear Deal all over again.
    In other words--- he has nothing to say.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    I guess he is bored waiting for the impeachment stuff to gain any traction to battle against so the kneeling battle it is. Latest tweet folks....

Ratings for NFL football are way down except before game starts, when people tune in to see whether or not our country will be disrespected! The booing at the NFL football game last night, when the entire Dallas team dropped to its knees, was loudest I have ever heard. Great anger. But while Dallas dropped to its knees as a team, they all stood up for our National Anthem. Big progress being made-we all love our country! The NFL has all sorts of rules and regulations. The only way out for them is to set a rule that you can't kneel during our National Anthem!

What a nutcase. Jesus. Meanwhile in Puerto Rico....
    I admit I get a very tiny sense of glee out of the fact that this moron is clearly so ruffled by just about everyone in the NFL opposing him, lol. I'm sure that really, truly bothers him deeply. Otherwise he would be babbling about rating. You always know when something has really gotten under Drumpf's skin when he starts talking about ratings, and especially when he bashes and compliments something within the same rant. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    edited September 2017
    BS44325 said:
    CM189191 said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^^ All silly bullshit.
    No, tRump is not necessary. The world would be a better place if the tRump family never existed.
    Nope. The status quo was unacceptable. The world was and still is steamrolling towards catastrophe. 
    That I agree with.... Although I think it only became inevitable in November 2016. Before that it was still up in the air. And Trump is speeding up the process and increasing the level and breadth of catastrophe bigly. I gather you think that's a positive thing. I do not. I think his job is to minimize damage, not maximize it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    That tweet about NFL ratings being down is propaganda.

Trump Says NFL Ratings Are ‘Way Down’ Because Of Protests. They’re Actually Up.
    More people are watching top NFL games than ever watched “The Apprentice.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-nfl-ratings-way-down-not-tru_us_59ca65c3e4b06ddf45fb5cda?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    BS44325 said:

my2hands said:
    BS is only concerned with his team winning elections... nothing else matters.... this is also my countrproblem in a nutshell, people willing to do anything and explain away anything just to win and secure power... Mexicans are rapists... disrespecting veterans... bullying handicapped people... assaulting women... bullying in general... supportung fucking nazi's... educated supporters like BS should be ashamed of themselves 

By the way, neocons proved throughout the 2000's that they don't know shit and their ideas and worldview are filled with hubris and are nothing short of destructive and WRONG

I'm not shocked in the slightest dumb ass Trump is being duped by them, just like W was. 
    My team? That's just assholery.
    from your mouth to god's ears
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^^ All silly bullshit.
    The Clinton Korea Nuclear deal is just starting to pay off.
    Remind us again what the Bush administration did after NK detonated their first atomic weapon, professor?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Kat said:

Yep, the President's most important duty is to uphold the Constitution of the United States.  Sure, he has every right to say he disagrees with the protests.  What he doesn't have is a legal right to influence or threaten to influence the employment decisions of private entities as defined by Title 18, Section 227 of United States Code - a law which Jeff Sessions apparently has no clue exists.
    I am so running with this.  Post of the YEAR, my friend, post of the YEAR!
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    BS44325 said:
    CM189191 said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^^ All silly bullshit.
    No, tRump is not necessary. The world would be a better place if the tRump family never existed.
    Nope. The status quo was unacceptable. The world was and still is steamrolling towards catastrophe. 
    The status quo?  A rich white man was elected who only seems to be interested in lining his own pockets, and the pockets of other rich white men at your expense.  You got scammed and are too ashamed to admit it.  

The Sunk Cost Fallacy
    • The Misconception: You make rational decisions based on the future value of objects, investments and experiences.
    • The Truth: Your decisions are tainted by the emotional investments you accumulate, and the more you invest in something the harder it becomes to abandon it.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
This discussion has been closed.