Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,637
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JC29856 said:
    Tiki said:
    I'll take 35-40 assholes in a crowd that the Police Commissioner William Evans estimated was about 40,000 people, ANY day.  

How many belligerent idiots on average do you think get thrown out per game at Fenway Park?  (12 to 15 is the answer)
    In a facility that holds 37,731 for baseball, if you have 17 people tossed that's 0.04505% of your attendees.
    Using the BPD numbers, if you had 34 arrests during the day of the protests that would still be 0.09011% of the people who showed up. 
    Statistically irrelevant. Live victims of immigrant crime, or voter fraud.  

There will be more eclipse eye injuries today in flyover country, statistically speaking, than douchebags at the Boston march. 

EIGHT total arrests for Charlottesvile.

I see what you did there, makes sense. Now lets apply this to the KKK/Neo-Nazis/general haters... I have been trying to get a total number of KKK Neo-Nazis for a week now, in order to better access the threat/crisis we face from hate groups today.  Absent hard evidence lets assume there are a total of 109,901 extreme haters in the US that will resort to violence in expressing/displaying their hate. This number does not include the closet haters or the haters that hate but will not resort to violence. Okay, now lets put these haters in a stadium, lets pick the big house, Michigan stadium. Hypothetically, we have every violent hater in America in one place, google search Michigan stadium so you have visual of the volume of violent haters. See them in there all hating, see the hate in their eyes and on their faces.
    My questions:
    Is 109k a good number, understated? Should I draw conclusions about Americans based on a population that I can fit into a college football stadium? If so, is their threat (whatever it may be, Im not sure) real, do they pose a real threat to our society, our democracy, our values as Americans?

The kkk and neo-nazi boogeymen sound sleeper cell terroristy to me, its been 14 years since I was promised that they existed, their threat was real and that someday they would attack, I'm still waiting. 

And let's not even bring up the fact that there were only a few hundred of these kkk and Nazi aholes out of the entire country that are showing up to these protests...Yet, they are the ones that the lefties are basing their opinions of conservatism off of.  Did someone mention hypocrisy?  
    https://youtu.be/4S2TZOdXAtQ
    She gets it ^^^ Or is she a white power Hitler wanna be?
    Oh! Wow look at you! You found one black person who shares your point of view. Congratulations. I enjoyed her other video "The myth of the coon: black lives don't matter." All videos from her have been uploaded within the last 4 weeks.

What website alerted you to her? The Gateway Pundit? Infowars? Breitbart? Free Beacon?
    So you don't share her point of view?  I think she is pretty spot on.  Fact is, you would call a white person "racist" for saying the exact things she is...let that sink in.
    I can speak for me, and likely for several on these boards.  Few have painted "conservatives" with the same brush as the neo Nazi/ KKK that organized and attended the Unite the Right rally in C'ville.  In fact, I've been very impressed with the impassioned condemnations by the American Conservative, NRO and other mainstream conservative writers.  
    The issues is with DONALD J. TRUMP and his inability to condemn them, and his equivocation that continues.  In Trump's world, "if you are with me, then you can do no wrong.  If you're against me, you can do no right".  Just ask Ken Frazier. 
    So in my view, your entire premise of the argument is mistaken.  It still boils down to: Are you with the neo-Nazis/racists or not?  There's no gray.  
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,303
    edited August 2017
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JC29856 said:
    Tiki said:
    I'll take 35-40 assholes in a crowd that the Police Commissioner William Evans estimated was about 40,000 people, ANY day.  

How many belligerent idiots on average do you think get thrown out per game at Fenway Park?  (12 to 15 is the answer)
    In a facility that holds 37,731 for baseball, if you have 17 people tossed that's 0.04505% of your attendees.
    Using the BPD numbers, if you had 34 arrests during the day of the protests that would still be 0.09011% of the people who showed up. 

There will be more eclipse eye injuries today in flyover country, statistically speaking, than douchebags at the Boston march. 

I see what you did there, makes sense. Now lets apply this to the KKK/Neo-Nazis/general haters... I have been trying to get a total number of KKK Neo-Nazis for a week now, in order to better access the threat/crisis we face from hate groups today.  Absent hard evidence lets assume there are a total of 109,901 extreme haters in the US that will resort to violence in expressing/displaying their hate. This number does not include the closet haters or the haters that hate but will not resort to violence. Okay, now lets put these haters in a stadium, lets pick the big house, Michigan stadium. Hypothetically, we have every violent hater in America in one place, google search Michigan stadium so you have visual of the volume of violent haters. See them in there all hating, see the hate in their eyes and on their faces.
    My questions:
    Is 109k a good number, understated? Should I draw conclusions about Americans based on a population that I can fit into a college football stadium? If so, is their threat (whatever it may be, Im not sure) real, do they pose a real threat to our society, our democracy, our values as Americans?

The kkk and neo-nazi boogeymen sound sleeper cell terroristy to me, its been 14 years since I was promised that they existed, their threat was real and that someday they would attack, I'm still waiting. 

And let's not even bring up the fact that there were only a few hundred of these kkk and Nazi aholes out of the entire country that are showing up to these protests...Yet, they are the ones that the lefties are basing their opinions of conservatism off of.  Did someone mention hypocrisy?  
    Oh! Wow look at you! You found one black person who shares your point of view. Congratulations. I enjoyed her other video "The myth of the coon: black lives don't matter." All videos from her have been uploaded within the last 4 weeks.

What website alerted you to her? The Gateway Pundit? Infowars? Breitbart? Free Beacon?
    So you don't share her point of view?  I think she is pretty spot on.  Fact is, you would call a white person "racist" for saying the exact things she is...let that sink in.
    It was Gateway Pundit, right?
    It was some random friend share on Facebook.  But way to deflect from what she is actually saying.  I do not think she if affiliated with any of those organizations and is actually speaking out against them...I think she sees things like the majority of non-eccentric Americans do.  Has there been an Antifa vs Nazi South Park episode yet?  Seems like a golden opportunity to make fun of some idiots.
    How long do you think it will take for Sean Hannity to have her on his show?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/21/politics/secret-service-donald-trump-family/index.html

Washington (CNN)The Secret Service cannot pay hundreds of agents to protect President Donald Trump and his large family, according to a report published Monday morning.
  • Options
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/21/politics/secret-service-donald-trump-family/index.html

Washington (CNN)The Secret Service cannot pay hundreds of agents to protect President Donald Trump and his large family, according to a report published Monday morning.
    Remember when he said he wouldn't have time to travel and take vacations? Yeah....no
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Latest tweet folks....

Jerry Falwell of Liberty University was fantastic on @foxandfriends. The Fake News should listen to what he had to say. Thanks Jerry!

and this about a retweet  

• Options

Evangelical students returning university diplomas to protest Trump

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/347258-evangelical-students-returning-university-diplomas-to-protest-trump

.....those crazy liberal college kids, huh?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited August 2017
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JC29856 said:
    Tiki said:

My questions:

I can speak for me, and likely for several on these boards.  Few have painted "conservatives" with the same brush as the neo Nazi/ KKK that organized and attended the Unite the Right rally in C'ville.  In fact, I've been very impressed with the impassioned condemnations by the American Conservative, NRO and other mainstream conservative writers.  
    The issues is with DONALD J. TRUMP and his inability to condemn them, and his equivocation that continues.  In Trump's world, "if you are with me, then you can do no wrong.  If you're against me, you can do no right".  Just ask Ken Frazier. 
    So in my view, your entire premise of the argument is mistaken.  It still boils down to: Are you with the neo-Nazis/racists or not?  There's no gray.  
    I agree with you 100%.  Which is also why I so adamantly appose this "Antifa" group.  Not the idea of being anti-fascist, but the actual organized group that calls themselves "Antifa" and wave their communism flags.  The far left do paint any conservative as a racist or Nazi.  It's been shown on this board plenty of times.  And, I know this is a "whataboutism", but did Obama not have this same "if you are with me you can do no wrong and if you are against me you can do no right" mentality?  There has been very little bi-partisanship at all over the past 8 years and I believe that was a strong precursor to the division that we are seeing today.  Look, I think Trump is an asshat too, but I've thought politicians were asshats for a long time...it's the actual people that I am getting concerned with now.  And yes, I think social media and media in general are the driving forces in this devision.  People see a Nazi picture on Facebook from CNN and all the sudden the .000001 percent of actual Nazis are an issue and all over the headlines.  The have now been given a voice whereas before they were bunkered down in their little Nazi meth labs.  That being said, actual meth labs are probably a way greater problem than all the Nazis in the world combined...but where are the marches against actual real problems?  Where are the anti child abuse marches of 30 thousand people?  The money driven media magnifies non-issues and the lemmings follow their lead.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    What exactly happens when you return your diploma?  Do you lose your qualification?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JC29856 said:
    Tiki said:

My questions:

It was some random friend share on Facebook.  But way to deflect from what she is actually saying.  I do not think she if affiliated with any of those organizations and is actually speaking out against them...I think she sees things like the majority of non-eccentric Americans do.  Has there been an Antifa vs Nazi South Park episode yet?  Seems like a golden opportunity to make fun of some idiots.
    I wish he would, and all other media outlets.  Will they?  No, because she has pointed out how the media IS the problem...they don't want that rhetoric going mainstream less they lose a rating point or two.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    ^
    Then why don't you take your "black girl who you found on the internet's" advice and just don't give antifa your time of day? Some of you spend so much time on here stressing this group who's only around to counter protest the other group you feel doesn't deserve anyone's attention.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JC29856 said:
    Tiki said:

My questions:

I wish he would, and all other media outlets.  Will they?  No, because she has pointed out how the media IS the problem...they don't want that rhetoric going mainstream less they lose a rating point or two.
    I don't consider state run media to be an actual media outlet so because this fits into what Trump would want his lemmings to believe, I whole heartedly believe it is only a matter of time before Hannity has her on his propaganda broadcast. He would love nothing more to proudly boast that he found one black lady who shares his point of view and then make it seem like there are countless others like her.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Falwell, Liberty U, Fox and Friends and then spouts fake news again.

What fucking clown
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JC29856 said:
    Tiki said:

My questions:

I don't consider state run media to be an actual media outlet so because this fits into what Trump would want his lemmings to believe, I whole heartedly believe it is only a matter of time before Hannity has her on his propaganda broadcast. He would love nothing more to proudly boast that he found one black lady who shares his point of view and then make it seem like there are countless others like her.
    So you disagree with her?  That's a pretty simple question that you keep dancing around for some strange reason.  I think there are a ton of people, black, white, brown and everyone in between that are logical and well spoken like her...who get all but ignored.  
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited August 2017
    JC29856 said:
    Tiki said:

My questions:

I would be hopeful they (KKK/Neo-Nazis) couldn't fill up McCoy Stadium in Pawtucket.   You couldn't fill up a decent sized movie theater with antifa.

Is it all of it a bullshit non-issue that's being blown out of proportion by the "fake news"?  Perhaps. Although no matter how you look at 'em, Swastikas look bad. Hate marches are bad. People don't like that shit.  They get loud about it for good reason, god love em.

Does Trumpito deserve it?  While "just saying what's on his mind" he did sort of step in it, up to his shin.  It's not the 1st time and it wont be the last.  Homie's sort of incompetent. 
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JC29856 said:
    Tiki said:

My questions:

file under hypocrisy:
    those that call out Trump for saying everything he disagrees with in the media regardless of the facts is "fake news" to those that frequently reply post with reference to Gateway Pundit, insert any other right wing publication, that they disagree with and call garbage, regardless of the facts.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JC29856 said:
    Tiki said:

My questions:

So you disagree with her?  That's a pretty simple question that you keep dancing around for some strange reason.  I think there are a ton of people, black, white, brown and everyone in between that are logical and well spoken like her...who get all but ignored.  
    I think she is one, "conservative" republican who happens to be black who has not experienced a lot of racism in her every day encounters. I think she is wrong to assume everyone else has similar experiences.

Russell is correct in that this isn't the real issue though. The real issue, and the reason why this story will not die is because we have a president who cannot handle the most basic of presidential task of forcefully and unequivocally condemning the extreme alt right white supremacists. Her video would be way more impactful if she acknowledges this instead of making it out to be some media nonsense. Story would have largely died a week ago had the president been able to handle a task a 12 year old would have no problem with.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    JC29856 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JC29856 said:
    Tiki said:

My questions:

file under hypocrisy:
    those that call out Trump for saying everything he disagrees with in the media regardless of the facts is "fake news" to those that frequently reply post with reference to Gateway Pundit, insert any other right wing publication, that they disagree with and call garbage, regardless of the facts.
    The opinions of a random lady on a youtube video are considered facts to these people. Trump's America. 2017.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,038

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/347258-evangelical-students-returning-university-diplomas-to-protest-trump

Who the hell goes to a university run by Falwell anyways?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    3 million more people voted for not Donald Trump.  That's 800,000 more than a full season of Fenway Park attendance.
    Post edited by ikiT on
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520

Who the hell goes to a university run by Falwell anyways?
    Indoctrinated kids
  • Options
    "Well, I do think there's blame -- yes, I think there's blame on both sides. You look at -- you look at both sides. I think there's blame on both sides. And I have no doubt about it, and you don't have any doubt about it either. ... But you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides."

"I mean I know a lot about Charlottesville. Charlottesville is a great place that has been very badly hurt over the last couple of days. I own, actually, one of the largest wineries in the United States -- it's in Charlottesville."

That is kind of stupid, you have to admit.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JC29856 said:
    Tiki said:

My questions:

I think she is one, "conservative" republican who happens to be black who has not experienced a lot of racism in her every day encounters. I think she is wrong to assume everyone else has similar experiences.

Russell is correct in that this isn't the real issue though. The real issue, and the reason why this story will not die is because we have a president who cannot handle the most basic of presidential task of forcefully and unequivocally condemning the extreme alt right white supremacists. Her video would be way more impactful if she acknowledges this instead of making it out to be some media nonsense. Story would have largely died a week ago had the president been able to handle a task a 12 year old would have no problem with.

Similar to the previous president refusing to call out Radical Islamic Terrorists?  Oh God, another whataboutism...oddly enough, it took Trump way less time to specifically name the hate groups.  All you have to say is "I hate Trump" and everyone gets it.  He is an idiot, I don't know why anyone is so supprised at him not being able to convey a message in the most appropriate way possible.  I think the extreme left has done more to empower these hate groups than Trump ever could.  Who is funding the division?  Who has the most to gain by dividing the country based the actions of an almost extinct fringe group or two?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

I agree with you 100%.  Which is also why I so adamantly appose this "Antifa" group.  Not the idea of being anti-fascist, but the actual organized group that calls themselves "Antifa" and wave their communism flags.  The far left do paint any conservative as a racist or Nazi.  It's been shown on this board plenty of times.  And, I know this is a "whataboutism", but did Obama not have this same "if you are with me you can do no wrong and if you are against me you can do no right" mentality?  There has been very little bi-partisanship at all over the past 8 years and I believe that was a strong precursor to the division that we are seeing today.  Look, I think Trump is an asshat too, but I've thought politicians were asshats for a long time...it's the actual people that I am getting concerned with now.  And yes, I think social media and media in general are the driving forces in this devision.  People see a Nazi picture on Facebook from CNN and all the sudden the .000001 percent of actual Nazis are an issue and all over the headlines.  The have now been given a voice whereas before they were bunkered down in their little Nazi meth labs.  That being said, actual meth labs are probably a way greater problem than all the Nazis in the world combined...but where are the marches against actual real problems?  Where are the anti child abuse marches of 30 thousand people?  The money driven media magnifies non-issues and the lemmings follow their lead.
    I think you are understating the issue of racism in this country and that Trump has made the world a little safer for them today by his attacks on Judge Curiel (sp?), anti-Muslim rhetoric, his refusal to condemn attacks against mosques in this country and a whole slew of seemingly small things that add up to a corrupt set of principles.  
    He could have effectively neutered both the far left and the far right with clear language on where he stands on the issue of ethnocentrism after Charlottesville, and make clear that he welcomes all creeds and colors.  But he failed that test...twice in 48 hours.  
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JC29856 said:
    Tiki said:

My questions:

Similar to the previous president refusing to call out Radical Islamic Terrorists?  Oh God, another whataboutism...oddly enough, it took Trump way less time to specifically name the hate groups.  All you have to say is "I hate Trump" and everyone gets it.  He is an idiot, I don't know why anyone is so supprised at him not being able to convey a message in the most appropriate way possible.  I think the extreme left has done more to empower these hate groups than Trump ever could.  Who is funding the division?  Who has the most to gain by dividing the country based the actions of an almost extinct fringe group or two?
    For about the 100th time you are confusing me with a liberal, it seems. I wish Obama did call them Radical Islamic Terrorists. You know what he didn't do though? When condemning their actions (including waging a war against them) he did not say that "many sides were to blame." THAT is the huge difference and the reason why this argument you and a few other trump apologists have here never holds up.

Second half of your statement goes off the rails, again. You just have to look at what these people say on camera and on their websites to know that they feel way more empowered with a president who doesn't forcefully condemn their actions but instead always gives them a wink and a nod.

Who has the most to gain? Look who rose to the presidency based off of a racist conspiracy theory. Therein lies your, obvious, answer.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,038
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

I think you are understating the issue of racism in this country and that Trump has made the world a little safer for them today by his attacks on Judge Curiel (sp?), anti-Muslim rhetoric, his refusal to condemn attacks against mosques in this country and a whole slew of seemingly small things that add up to a corrupt set of principles.  
    He could have effectively neutered both the far left and the far right with clear language on where he stands on the issue of ethnocentrism after Charlottesville, and make clear that he welcomes all creeds and colors.  But he failed that test...twice in 48 hours.  
    Serious question.  Does Trump have a speech writer or does he shoot from the hip every time?

I would find it hard to believe that somebody writing his speeches could botch them up this bad.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

Maybe I live in the wrong area, but I just do not see this extreme racial divide that keeps getting "understated".  Sure, there are probably a few out there that hate people based on the color of their skin...but where, in your daily life, do you see this racist America outside of a KKK rally here and there?  I live in Texas, in a small city where bigotry thrived 100 years ago...but you would really have to go to extreme lengths to find examples of racism around here.  But let's pull out that magnifying glass again...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

Serious question.  Does Trump have a speech writer or does he shoot from the hip every time?

I would find it hard to believe that somebody writing his speeches could botch them up this bad.
    He does....but then he goes off script like with the "many sides, many sides" remarks which reveal his true identity.

Doesn't help that one of his speech writers is Stephen Miller though. Him and Gorka need to leave.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

My understanding is that he has prepared remarks but often goes off the rails.  That's what happened with that first set of remarks.  Reporting was that he went off script.  
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

Maybe I live in the wrong area, but I just do not see this extreme racial divide that keeps getting "understated".  Sure, there are probably a few out there that hate people based on the color of their skin...but where, in your daily life, do you see this racist America outside of a KKK rally here and there?  I live in Texas, in a small city where bigotry thrived 100 years ago...but you would really have to go to extreme lengths to find examples of racism around here.  But let's pull out that magnifying glass again...
    You're making the same exact mistake the lady in your youtube video makes.

chinese-happy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.