Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    http://www.citizenvox.org/2017/08/15/track-trumps-complicit-ceos-dont/

Update: Alliance for American Manufacturing’s Scott Paul stepped down from Trump’s council on Tuesday, Aug. 15.

Corporate executives who lined up to advise President Trump, embracing his pro-polluter, deregulatory and anti-tax policies while ignoring other elements of his outrageous conduct and policy agenda, are having second thoughts.

So far, three corporate executives (out of a total of 48) and a trade group exec have resigned from Trump’s advisory councils after the president shamefully delayed his condemnation of white supremacist violence after neo-fascist groups marched on Charlottesville, Va., and a marcher from Ohio allegedly drove a car into a crowd of peaceful demonstrators, killing Heather Heyer, an anti-racist activist, and injuring over a dozen others.

The remaining 45 executives are sticking with Trump.

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    JC29856 said:

Update: Alliance for American Manufacturing’s Scott Paul stepped down from Trump’s council on Tuesday, Aug. 15.

Corporate executives who lined up to advise President Trump, embracing his pro-polluter, deregulatory and anti-tax policies while ignoring other elements of his outrageous conduct and policy agenda, are having second thoughts.

So far, three corporate executives (out of a total of 48) and a trade group exec have resigned from Trump’s advisory councils after the president shamefully delayed his condemnation of white supremacist violence after neo-fascist groups marched on Charlottesville, Va., and a marcher from Ohio allegedly drove a car into a crowd of peaceful demonstrators, killing Heather Heyer, an anti-racist activist, and injuring over a dozen others.

good to know they draw the line at Nazis and not sexual assault by their leader. 
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,635
    PJPOWER said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    CM189191 said:
    JC29856 said:
    there is a war on statues now. Durham "confederate statue" was torn down

I'm not so sure that was a confederate monument more like a war memorial for the boys that wore gray.

The boys in grey? The confederate army wore grey. Good, no more monuments honoring losers. Tear them all down, can't happen fast enough. 
    Baffles me how much liberals enjoy tearing things down and setting things on fire...oh the festering rage, hate, and anger that emanates from polar politics...
    Yeah and Nazis like killing people. What's you're fucking "whataboutism" point this time?
    Whatabout whataboutisms, can I coin that term.  My point is that they are both major parts of the problem and not "progressing" things at all.  I'm not excluding the far right, so I'm not sure why you keep getting so defensive....unless you are an Antifa idiot?
    Stop defending nazis
    You're blind...where have I defended Nazis?  You guys and your one narrow liners and narrow mindedness...where is the ignore again?  It's actually getting a bit comical.  Stop hyperventilating and defending the fascist "Antifa"!

dignin said:

"There is never moral equivalence between Nazis and people who are against Nazis because one side are Nazis. To say that violence against Nazis is the same as violence by Nazis is saying it wouldn't have mattered who won the second world war." -Matt Haig

"Bothsideism" is a bullshit paradigm invented by bullies in an effort to claim they are victimized by those who stand up to their bullying. Self defence isn't bullying. Defending someone else from attack isn't bullying.

This is why we can't fall for this garbage Trumpism of "both sides are wrong". Because ONE side is simply fighting for their right to exist, their rights under the law. And the other side is fighting to retain omnipotent white dude power that should've never existed in the first place.

Any suggestion that fighting Nazis with violence makes us guilty is the same as saying that WWII was about bullying Nazis.

-Someone from Facebook

Stop defending Nazis
    Stop quoting my comments with non-substantial repies...
    Then stop defending nazis. That should not require substance, they are nazis.
    Stop defending "fascist" Antifa
    Why are you lumping all groups in with white supremacists? 

• Options
    pjhawks said:
    JC29856 said:

good to know they draw the line at Nazis and not sexual assault by their leader. 
    its all about "lumping" and "line blurring"!
  • Options
    Enkidu said:
    Trump tweeted this this morning.  He deleted it after about 20 minutes (I think).  

Wow.  Not very presidential.  After a woman was killed by a car this weekend.  

President Excrement. 
    It's perception I guess.  What is the saying that Americans live and swear by - freedom of expression. The article describes it as hitting a person with a CNN logo for a head.  I see it as Trump pushing CNN and they can't stop him.  You can see his feet trying to hold the train back he is not being hit.

Here is the background on it.  https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/15/trump-retweets-alt-right-provocateur-after-condemning-white-supremacists
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Maybe he should act with a little more decorum and not an internet troll?  

He talks of "making america great again"... at what point did "America" have this kind of thin-skinned child-like behavior from a President?

The image itself doesn't bother me so much... it is that the President of the United States needs to be above "re-tweeting" that.  Try being profound.  Try showing some sign of leadership.  Try doing something.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    MayDay10 said:
    Maybe he should act with a little more decorum and not an internet troll?  

He talks of "making america great again"... at what point did "America" have this kind of thin-skinned child-like behavior from a President?

The image itself doesn't bother me so much... it is that the President of the United States needs to be above "re-tweeting" that.  Try being profound.  Try showing some sign of leadership.  Try doing something.  
    here's your answer PJFan. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Heather Heyer ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Heather Heyer ..
    A nice article about her and what she was like...
     https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/13/us/heather-heyer-charlottesville-victim.html

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
  • Options
    A message of conformity from our King. He really knows how to step up when needed. 
  • Options
    Heather Heyer ..
    The same Heather Heyer who the NAZIs feel like it would be a good idea to make their presence felt at her funeral?

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Is that line blurry enough?
  • Options
    Tiki said:
    Heather Heyer ..
    The same Heather Heyer who the NAZIs feel like it would be a good idea to make their presence felt at her funeral?

We get your point.  You're outraged.  Are you trying to get others as outraged as you as well?  You post more pictures of Nazis symbols and white supremacists than the press.  It feels like we are actually at a protest.   
  • Options
    Tiki said:
    Heather Heyer ..

They have their goals set really high, trying to one up the Westboro Baptist Church. The only thing that will do is take away from the services itself and possibly lead to violence. It would be nice if the media was banned or if they refused to film them, but we know that wont happen.
  • Options
    Tiki said:
    Heather Heyer ..

We get your point.  You're outraged.  Are you trying to get others as outraged as you as well?  You post more pictures of Nazis symbols and white supremacists than the press.  It feels like we are actually at a protest.   
    WHATEVER bro.
  • Options
    I just went back 12 pages on this mess.  PJFan your account is not accurate.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    Tiki said:
    Heather Heyer ..

They have their goals set really high, trying to one up the Westboro Baptist Church. The only thing that will do is take away from the services itself and possibly lead to violence. It would be nice if the media was banned or if they refused to film them, but we know that wont happen.
    It would be nice if they were met by the FBI, and rounded the fuck up.
  • Options
    You're on the wrong side of history, the both of you. 
  • Options
    Tiki said:
    Don't bother with him. I don't reply to his posts and usually just skim over them. 
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Totally agree Tiki......
    RIP Heather
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Tiki said:
    Heather Heyer ..

You don't have to tell me , I say the FBI should be there to arrest them at the services if they dare show up ! The way I see it the whole country has stood up against these groups of this horrible event ...
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Tiki said:
    Heather Heyer ..

You don't have to tell me , I say the FBI should be there to arrest them at the services if they dare show up ! The way I see it the whole country has stood up against these groups of this horrible event ...
    arrest them for what?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Tiki said:
    Heather Heyer ..

And you post stupid tweets from head bafoon the same way if your not outraged by this weekends events I don't know what to tell you !!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Tiki said:

Tiki, the odds of your statement here being true are about 1,000%. No need to read 12 pages of this garbage.  
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Tiki said:
    I don't think they made the list.
  • Options
    Tiki said:
    Heather Heyer ..

And you post stupid tweets from head bafoon the same way if your not outraged by this weekends events I don't know what to tell you !!

It's an outrage that this was even permitted in the first place. Did the Nazis walk into city hall and say "Pardon me, I am a Nazi white supremacist and my buddies and I want to have a little gathering downtown next week.  Can I get a permit please"?  answer - "Sure, just sign here and here and that will be $49.95 please. Will that be cash or cheque?  

That is what's outrageous.  Now you have all kinds of people telling others to get outraged and your not paying attention if you're not.  So what do you want people to do once you get them outraged?  They take to the streets, and then guess what you have a group of outraged people (that encouraged each other to be outraged)  in a city with no direction to focus their outrage.  What in the hell do you think is going to happen?  It's one thing to hate Nazis, supremacism and whoever else belongs in that rodent pile that should be exterminated.  It's quite another to go on and on about MUST HATE NAZIS at all costs.  This thread feels like it's divulging into a Nazi hate magazine.  I wouldn't even read one of those or even know where to find one in the first place.  It's a bit extreme to go on and on about hating Nazis is all I'm saying.   

• Options
    edited August 2017
    https://www.aclu.org/other/how-usa-patriot-act-redefines-domestic-terrorism

Section 802 of the USA PATRIOT Act (Pub. L. No. 107-52) expanded the definition of terrorism to cover ""domestic,"" as opposed to international, terrorism.   A person engages in domestic terrorism if they do an act "dangerous to human life" that is a violation of the criminal laws of a state or the United States, if the act appears to be intended to:  (i) intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or kidnapping.  Additionally, the acts have to occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States and if they do not, may be regarded as international terrorism.

Post edited by ikiT on
  • Options
    Tiki said:
    Heather Heyer ..

arrest them for what?
    Disrupting funeral procession or services I bet there are no such laws don't exist !!
This discussion has been closed.