Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    To be fair, Trump is winning.  I don’t like it.  You and others keep posting stuff like this and being all giddy, but until something like this actually convicts him of a crime he is the one winning.  
    I don't know that he's winning. But he's not going to lose the way that some people are hoping. He's far more likely to add a "47" to that "45" than to be convicted of anything.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    He ain't winning shit.

I'm ready to go down Florida and arrest him my damned self. 
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    I think the party will eat him alive soon. He'll still have his 30% of the GOP Magat support but he's done.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I think the party will eat him alive soon. He'll still have his 30% of the GOP Magat support but he's done.
    why do you think this?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    mrussel1 said:
    To be fair, Trump is winning.  I don’t like it.  You and others keep posting stuff like this and being all giddy, but until something like this actually convicts him of a crime he is the one winning.  
    I wouldn't go that far.  He's spending millions on legal fees 
    I guarantee he's not spending nickel one from his own pocket though, he's got 80 million fools donating on a recurring monthly basis covering that for him.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,627
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I guarantee he's not spending nickel one from his own pocket though, he's got 80 million fools donating on a recurring monthly basis covering that for him.
    Sure, but that money could be used for something else that benefits him too. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    True, but how many Glamour Shots of Ivanka can one man own?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    OnWis97 said:
    I don't know that he's winning. But he's not going to lose the way that some people are hoping. He's far more likely to add a "47" to that "45" than to be convicted of anything.
    If you want to keep the Democrats in the White House, you would want him to be the Republican nominee. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    OnWis97 said:
    If you want to keep the Democrats in the White House, you would want him to be the Republican nominee. 
    I know we have went round and round about this, but I still think it would depend on the D candidate.  I don't feel the strong anyone but Trump vibe that I felt in 2020.  Hopefully I remain incorrect.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,627
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    True, but how many Glamour Shots of Ivanka can one man own?
    Ha!

• Options
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    I know we have went round and round about this, but I still think it would depend on the D candidate.  I don't feel the strong anyone but Trump vibe that I felt in 2020.  Hopefully I remain incorrect.
    Already hearing that Republicans are tiring of him. I think there was a poll recently where a higher number of Republicans now wish he would shut up about 2020 (he will not). Throw in all the legal woes that will only get more press the further down the line the get, combined with primetime 1/6 hearings this summer and-----what you get is a super toxic candidate. Just having him on tv and in the news every day will make people remember how bad things were under him. 

Someone like Desantis, on the other hand, is basically a more polished Trump (turd) who has the ability of a more wider appeal than Trump does. I'd be much more concerned about that kind of candidate that someone with Trump's baggage.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    POOTWH is really winning now that his ilk are required to give depositions in the NY civil investigation. Of course they’ll appeal. They have 14 days to respond or be deposed in 21 days. The Dumb One plead the 5th over 500 times, sure seems like winning to me. Yup:

“There was no collusion.”

“I don’t know any Russians.”

“I have nothing to hide.”

“I’ll sit down and talk to anyone.”

“We do everything by the book.”

“Only the guilty plea the fifth.”

“Very legal, very cool.”

“Fully exonerated.”

“Essentially no obstruction.”

“Very friendly and totally appropriate.”

“No quid pro quo.”

“Imminent threat.”

“I thought he was Israeli.”

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,488
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Already hearing that Republicans are tiring of him. I think there was a poll recently where a higher number of Republicans now wish he would shut up about 2020 (he will not). Throw in all the legal woes that will only get more press the further down the line the get, combined with primetime 1/6 hearings this summer and-----what you get is a super toxic candidate. Just having him on tv and in the news every day will make people remember how bad things were under him. 

Someone like Desantis, on the other hand, is basically a more polished Trump (turd) who has the ability of a more wider appeal than Trump does. I'd be much more concerned about that kind of candidate that someone with Trump's baggage.
    The thing about any candidates other than Trump is can they capture the adulation and loyalty of Republicans the way Trump does? His presentation and showmanship for the most part override the subject he is speaking about. They flock to him because of the show. As long as he is insulting someone they don’t like, they are good to go. I am not sure that anyone else they got who might run can match that. He has proven to be effective duping and manipulating the voter base in the past. I wouldn’t bet against him being able to do it again. 
  • Options
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:

The thing about any candidates other than Trump is can they capture the adulation and loyalty of Republicans the way Trump does? His presentation and showmanship for the most part override the subject he is speaking about. They flock to him because of the show. As long as he is insulting someone they don’t like, they are good to go. I am not sure that anyone else they got who might run can match that. He has proven to be effective duping and manipulating the voter base in the past. I wouldn’t bet against him being able to do it again. 
    Yeah you know. But for every deplorable person who likes that behavior, there are more people repulsed by it as evidenced by him never winning a general election. I would think a more polished turd would lose some of the really deplorables but would offset that loss by actually broadening the base. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689

Trump must testify in New York investigation, judge rules
    By MICHAEL R. SISAK
    57 mins ago

NEW YORK (AP) — Former President Donald Trump must answer questions under oath in New York state’s civil investigation into his business practices, a judge ruled Thursday.

Judge Arthur Engoron ordered Trump and his two eldest children, Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr., to comply with subpoenas issued in December by New York Attorney General Letitia James.

Trump and his two children must sit for depositions within 21 days, Engoron said following a two-hour hearing with lawyers for the Trumps and James’ office.

“In the final analysis, a State Attorney General commences investigating a business entity, uncovers copious evidence of possible financial fraud, and wants to question, under oath, several of the entities’ principals, including its namesake. She has the clear right to do so.” Engoron wrote in his decision.

continues.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    "The mob takes the Fifth. If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?" -Donald J. Trump

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    why do you think this?
    It just seems like the signs are there.

He has even more baggage now than he did before. Too many open lawsuits, he has a political record now that isn't good, Pence and McConnell have both thrown him under the bus recently, etc.

My guess is they might ride him out and then dump him after the November elections. If they think they need him to win those they will hang on but if the GOP takes back the house I think they will start to move against him.  And if they don't win back the house they will most certainly dump his ass.

If the party wants a Pence, Haley, Desantis on the ticket for 2024 they need to push tRump out.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    do you really think it matters what Pence thinks/says/does? I see him as a minor player here. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    do you really think it matters what Pence thinks/says/does? I see him as a minor player here. 
    I do....Pence wants to be the nominee and that means he will be hammering tRump. That is a bad look even if tRump is the leading nominee.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    I do....Pence wants to be the nominee and that means he will be hammering tRump. That is a bad look even if tRump is the leading nominee.
    i guess. but trump was hammered by 15 other nominees and nearly every GOP congressperson in 2015 and he still came out on top. for sure, this is different, pence being able to hammer him on his record and all, but I don't know how much clout pence has in the GOP and its voters. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    edited February 2022
    i guess. but trump was hammered by 15 other nominees and nearly every GOP congressperson in 2015 and he still came out on top. for sure, this is different, pence being able to hammer him on his record and all, but I don't know how much clout pence has in the GOP and its voters. 
    but Pence has dirt.......

Trump and P.

Putin. Pence. Pee Tape....

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    He has zero chance of getting the nomination. The party has moved on from people like him and exists in the image of Trump.

Can he do any damage by "hammering Trump?" Hard to say. Not in the eyes of the party die-hards, but maybe to some undecideds.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    but Pence has dirt.......

Trump and P.

Putin. Pence. Pee Tspe....

2016 showed very little can affect trump negatively in the form of dirt. the p*ssy recording alone should have sunk any candidate in history. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    edited February 2022
    OnWis97 said:
    He has zero chance of getting the nomination. The party has moved on from people like him and exists in the image of Trump.

Can he do any damage by "hammering Trump?" Hard to say. Not in the eyes of the party die-hards, but maybe to some undecideds.
    What I've read suggests that the independents that leaned GOP will absolutely not support tRump again. I'm not sure how much they represent of the party but if it is even 5-10% that is significant. We know tRump controls the Magats that make up about 35% of the party....but the evangelicals prefer Pence over tRump.

I don't think Pence has a shot at the nomination...I just think he will do all he can to stick around until the end and that won't be good for tRump.  Imagine Pence and tRump on the same debate stage.  Pence is a fucking weasel but he would take tRump to the ground.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

• Options
    I disagree. I think trump mops the floor with pence. he did well against harris, but he just doesn't have it in him to be down and dirty and interrupting and all that. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JStCPkOBCM

He handled that fly like a fucking champ though

• Options
    he's too much like a soft spoken sunday morning minister. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options

• Options
    well he always seemed to be a bottom didnt he?

• Options

Judge rejects effort by Trump to toss Jan. 6 lawsuits
    By COLLEEN LONG
    5 mins ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal judge on Friday rejected efforts by former President Donald Trump to toss out conspiracy lawsuits filed by lawmakers and two Capitol police officers, saying in his ruling that the former president's words “plausibly” led to the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection.

U.S. District Court Judge Amit Mehta said in his ruling that Trump's words during a rally before the violent storming of the U.S. Capitol were likely “words of incitement not protected by the First Amendment."

“Only in the most extraordinary circumstances could a court not recognize that the First Amendment protects a President’s speech,” Mehta wrote. “But the court believes this is that case.”

The order is the latest example of growing legal peril for the former president. Just hours earlier, the National Archives said records found at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort contained classified information and that it had notified the Justice Department.

continues. ...

This discussion has been closed.