Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    Yeah who gives a shit when/how the virus got started at this point! Many lives could of been saved with a competent president but unfortunately we had an imbecile running the circus hence 100’s of thousand perished..
    Well ya should care. How the hell do you prevent future pandemics without knowing how this one started? 
    We had a total playbook left behind by Obama administration! On how to handle a pandemic guess what Trumps administration did with it dismissed it, most virus start with humans involvement..
    I get it, dude. Trump is an idiot. I'm not talking about Trump's handling of things. He was terrible as expected. I'm talking about the origin of the pandemic and how Fauci and others were quick to dismiss the lab theory. You say most viruses start with human involvement, but for quite a while there, Fauci was suggesting you're a conspiracy theorist to suggest the lab was the origin. And Facebook was censoring posts linking the virus to the Wuhan lab.

I already know Donald Trump is a shady asshole. It's Fauci who I'm interested in learning more about. Why be so dismissive of the lab theory? Covering his own ass knowing the NIH gave funding to the Wuhan lab? 
    fauci has not denied NIH gave funding to the wuhan lab, he denies funding was given specifically on the basis of gain of function research. 

i think the pushback on the wuhan lab theory was because they knew full well what would happen (and did happen, to some extent) if it gained traction: racist attacks on chinese people. and because trump was suggesting china did it as a bioweapon. had fauci and others come out and said, at that point, "we don't know anything yet" instead of outright calling it false, people would have gone berserk, calling for WW3 on China. we could easily have had another cold war on our hands, during a pandemic, with trump at the helm. 

that's a trifecta for a massive fuck up. 
    Honestly it's a terrible reason to just not tell the truth.  Like the CDC with mask usage.  They messed up because instead of telling the truth they tried to manage the message and in order to do it actually lied.
    you think it's in the public interest to always come clean with what's going on, in real time??
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    Yeah who gives a shit when/how the virus got started at this point! Many lives could of been saved with a competent president but unfortunately we had an imbecile running the circus hence 100’s of thousand perished..
    Well ya should care. How the hell do you prevent future pandemics without knowing how this one started? 
    We had a total playbook left behind by Obama administration! On how to handle a pandemic guess what Trumps administration did with it dismissed it, most virus start with humans involvement..
    I get it, dude. Trump is an idiot. I'm not talking about Trump's handling of things. He was terrible as expected. I'm talking about the origin of the pandemic and how Fauci and others were quick to dismiss the lab theory. You say most viruses start with human involvement, but for quite a while there, Fauci was suggesting you're a conspiracy theorist to suggest the lab was the origin. And Facebook was censoring posts linking the virus to the Wuhan lab.

I already know Donald Trump is a shady asshole. It's Fauci who I'm interested in learning more about. Why be so dismissive of the lab theory? Covering his own ass knowing the NIH gave funding to the Wuhan lab? 
    fauci has not denied NIH gave funding to the wuhan lab, he denies funding was given specifically on the basis of gain of function research. 

i think the pushback on the wuhan lab theory was because they knew full well what would happen (and did happen, to some extent) if it gained traction: racist attacks on chinese people. and because trump was suggesting china did it as a bioweapon. had fauci and others come out and said, at that point, "we don't know anything yet" instead of outright calling it false, people would have gone berserk, calling for WW3 on China. we could easily have had another cold war on our hands, during a pandemic, with trump at the helm. 

He hasn't denied funding, but in the earliest days of the pandemic (say last March), he wasn't exactly forthcoming with that information. That's why I think at the time, he was trying to minimize the lab theory; trying to get eyes off the lab and the NIH's funding. 

I disagree with the second paragraph. I just don't get how it's racist to suggest Chinese scientists fucked up and that might the cause, but it's not racist to suggest that China's filthy, inhumane wet markets might be the cause. Why would one cause racist attacks on Chinese Americans and not the other? I also don't think saying "We don't know anything yet" would have led to people going berserk on China. But even if that was the fear, it's still better to be honest and say "we're not sure yet" than it is to dismiss one of the possible causes (the lab). That makes it looks as if scientists like Fauci were covering for China. So now you get the same anger towards China that you would've gotten a year ago, but coupled with anger towards people like Fauci who we're supposed to trust. 
    Agree that Fauci is and was a POS. Gutless puke. I’m not even sure the whole bunch of them who allowed that baby to lie month after month shouldn’t be held responsible for their non-actions.  If Trump would have handled the whole thing honestly he’d be sitting in the WH right now.  He was just too stupid to see it, his last opportunity to do something positive and he was just soooo stupid about it. 
    Completely agree. Trump had his chance to be a normal president in the midst of a real crisis, and he blew it. If he handled things correctly, he could've cancelled out a lot of the stupid bullshit from the first three years of his presidency.

In fact, if he didn't vilify Fauci and just stayed neutral, maybe everyone would see Fauci for what he is. But nope, Trump made him his enemy, so by proxy, he became an ally of the left.
    I too would like to know what Fauci "is". 

• Options

Anthony Stephen Fauci (/ˈfaʊtʃi/; born December 24, 1940) is an American physician-scientist and immunologist who serves as the director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and the chief medical advisor to the president.

As a physician with the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Fauci has served the American public health sector in various capacities for more than 50 years, and has acted as an advisor to every U.S. president since Ronald Reagan.[1] He became director of the NIAID in 1984 and has made contributions to HIV/AIDS research and other immunodeficiency diseases, both as a research scientist and as the head of the NIAID.[2] From 1983 to 2002, Fauci was one of the world's most frequently-cited scientists across all scientific journals.[2] In 2008, President George W. Bush awarded Fauci the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian award in the United States, for his work on the AIDS relief program PEPFAR.[3]

sure looks like he's a liar/fraud/POS, doesn't it? SMFH

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    1979: Arthur S. Flemming Award[101]
    1993: Honorary Doctor of Science, Bates College[102]
    1995: Ernst Jung Prize (shared with Samuel A. Wells, Jr.)[103]
    1995: Honorary Doctor of Science, Duke University[104]
    1996: Honorary Doctor of Science, Colgate University[105]
    1999: Honorary Doctor of Public Service, Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania[106]
    2002: Albany Medical Center Prize[107]
    2003: American Academy of Achievement's Golden Plate Award[108]
    2005: National Medal of Science[109]
    2005: American Association of Immunologists Lifetime Achievement Award[110]
    2007: Mary Woodard Lasker Public Service Award[111]
    2007: George M. Kober Medal, Association of American Physicians[9]
    2008: Presidential Medal of Freedom[108]
    2013: UCSF medal[112]
    2013: Robert Koch Gold Medal[113]
    2013: Prince Mahidol Award[114]
    2015: Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters, Johns Hopkins University[115][116]
    2016: John Dirks Canada Gairdner Global Health Award[117]
    2018: Honorary Doctor of Science, commencement speaker, American University[118]
    2018: Honorary Doctor of Science, Boston University[119]
    2020: Federal Employee of the Year[120]
    2020: Presidential Citation for Exemplary Leadership, National Academy of Medicine[121]
    2020: Ripple of Hope Award from the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights[122]
    2020: TIME Magazine's Guardian of the Year, along with the frontline health workers, Assa Traoré, Porche Bennett-Bey, and racial justice organizers.[123]
    2020: Harris Dean's Award[124]
    2020: Knight of the Grand Cross - Order of Merit of the Italian Republic[125]
    2021: Public Welfare Medal of the National Academy of Sciences[126]
    2021: Dan David Prize[127]

I once got an award for spelling. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731

He hasn't denied funding, but in the earliest days of the pandemic (say last March), he wasn't exactly forthcoming with that information. That's why I think at the time, he was trying to minimize the lab theory; trying to get eyes off the lab and the NIH's funding. 

I disagree with the second paragraph. I just don't get how it's racist to suggest Chinese scientists fucked up and that might the cause, but it's not racist to suggest that China's filthy, inhumane wet markets might be the cause. Why would one cause racist attacks on Chinese Americans and not the other? I also don't think saying "We don't know anything yet" would have led to people going berserk on China. But even if that was the fear, it's still better to be honest and say "we're not sure yet" than it is to dismiss one of the possible causes (the lab). That makes it looks as if scientists like Fauci were covering for China. So now you get the same anger towards China that you would've gotten a year ago, but coupled with anger towards people like Fauci who we're supposed to trust. 
    Agree that Fauci is and was a POS. Gutless puke. I’m not even sure the whole bunch of them who allowed that baby to lie month after month shouldn’t be held responsible for their non-actions.  If Trump would have handled the whole thing honestly he’d be sitting in the WH right now.  He was just too stupid to see it, his last opportunity to do something positive and he was just soooo stupid about it. 
    Completely agree. Trump had his chance to be a normal president in the midst of a real crisis, and he blew it. If he handled things correctly, he could've cancelled out a lot of the stupid bullshit from the first three years of his presidency.

In fact, if he didn't vilify Fauci and just stayed neutral, maybe everyone would see Fauci for what he is. But nope, Trump made him his enemy, so by proxy, he became an ally of the left.
    so what "is" Fauci?
    Attention-whore, fraud, partisan hack. 

I'm sure you'll want examples.

Attention-whore:

What type of "doctor" poses poolside for a style magazine?

Fraud: Well I believe this due to him dismissing the lab theory when he knows it shouldn't have been dismissed. Not to say that the lab 100% definitely the cause of the pandemic, but it shouldn't have been dismissed.

Partisan Hack: Refusing to give recommendations that BLM protests shouldn't occur. Now this guy gave dozens if not hundreds of recommendations of how many people should convene in a place, how far away they should be, who should be wearing masks, etc. But when asked on capitol hill if he'd recommend against BLM protests (with hundreds to thousands of people in the streets), he refused. Well a SCIENTIST shouldn't let the cause of the gathering weigh on his recommendation. If you can't gather for a rock concert because it's not safe due to the virus, then you can't gather for a George Floyd rally because it's not safe for the same reason.

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I don't know the context of the magazine cover. Maybe he was trying to reach as many people as possible with his covid protocol message. I don't know. But being on one magazine cover doesn't make you an attention whore. 

he dismissed trump's assertion because he probably knew trump was talking out his ass and part of his job is to give facts while mitigating conjecture and public panic. 

he said repeatedly he is not political in his recommendations. he gave specific gathering instructions across the board, he didn't need to weigh in on any specific one, especially one as politically explosive as that one. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OMG he was on a magazine cover? 

What a prick.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    “Attention whore” for posing for one magazine cover? Boy, that sure outweighs over forty years of medical leadership and research :lol: 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    And wow, look at this; Fauci talking about the risks of protests 

https://www.businessinsider.com/dr-fauci-protests-perfect-set-up-for-spreading-covid-19-2020-6
  • Options

https://www.businessinsider.com/dr-fauci-protests-perfect-set-up-for-spreading-covid-19-2020-6
    Well that's not what he said on capitol hill when testifying. Mind you, he was sparring with Rand Paul at the time, but still, he wouldn't recommend against hundreds to thousands of people in the streets.

Since you guys seem like big fans of his that take exception to me being judgmental about "The Good Doctor" posing poolside, I'll also remind you that he throws like a pussy....

Let me guess, "but he's 80 years old!!!" 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    I understand the point of thinking they were dedicated but they all used the same excuse each time they ended their employment and were asked why they didn’t say something.  It was like the first one used that excuse and everyone bought it so it’s all good. Collectively I imagine, with some congressional backing, they all could have stopped him.  Just wish once someone would have had the nerve to say “no I need my job for the money”. I’m just not buying that all those who stuck around were doing it solely to protect us. I guess my opinion of everyone associated with politics is shaded. 
    But I respect your responses because you may be right. 
    I would certainly welcome that explanation if they were truly being honest and honorable. 
    This is true for a lot of them. But for Fauci, specifically, him staying on the job quite possibly saved tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands of lives. Like Russell said earlier, can you imagine the dipshit Trump would've replaced him with? Wuhan lab or a fucking bat....thank god for Tony Fauci. 

If I was Fauci I would have been gone the first second that orange shit undermined me, but to his credit he didn't take the easy way out. He stuck it out and still tried to do his job. 

IDK why that alone doesn't get him more respect. 
    I think he does... except within a certain 40% of the country

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2021/02/24/poll-puts-biden-approval-at-58--mccarthy-mcconnell-are-least-popular-national-figures/?sh=79843fac2f0f
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,654
    Let me guess, the faux outrage cocktail was particularly strong this morning? Particularly since Randy Paul and the faux news megaphone is calling for Dr. Fauci’s firing.

In other news, POOTWH’s blog almost lasted as long as two and a half Scarymooches.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Well that's not what he said on capitol hill when testifying. Mind you, he was sparring with Rand Paul at the time, but still, he wouldn't recommend against hundreds to thousands of people in the streets.

Since you guys seem like big fans of his that take exception to me being judgmental about "The Good Doctor" posing poolside, I'll also remind you that he throws like a pussy....

This is pathetic, and I'm not talking about the gif. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678

going to medical school and taking a job that pays you substantially less than you could make in the private sector has a detrimental effect on your available time to work on your mechanics.  I bet I could throw some chin music to make lots of critics look like pussies in the box. 
  • Options
    throws like a pussy? holy shit.  wtf?

I'm not a "fan" of his. that's ridiculous. I respect him as a 50 year public servant trying to eradicate highly infectious and killer diseases. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited June 2021

this shit post is not one of your best moments. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Yeah. That's a Trump level insult right there. Big ol' swing and a miss, Ledbetter!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312

lol your pathetic! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Lol. Oh you guys….

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Well, at least we’re all loling about it. 
  • Options
    It was just to get a rise out of you guys, obviously. With every response being as expected. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,879
    oh so that makes a troll then.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    It was just to get a rise out of you guys, obviously. With every response being as expected. 
    Slow afternoon at work? Colleagues getting you down? 
  • Options
    I had typed out “this is so ridiculous I’m thinking it may be a joke”, but then I erased it because people tend to get testy when told they’re ridiculous. Still fits though :lol: 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,126

Honestly it's a terrible reason to just not tell the truth.  Like the CDC with mask usage.  They messed up because instead of telling the truth they tried to manage the message and in order to do it actually lied.
    you think it's in the public interest to always come clean with what's going on, in real time??
    You don’t have to come out with the truth 100% but you can’t lie. It’s never a good idea. And almost all the time the truth is the best.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Nobody around here can handle the TRUTH!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    OMG he was on a magazine cover? 

What a prick.

Scoundrel!  Cast him to the lions!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    Maria Bikaki39s review of Broken and Screwed

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,526
    Truth hurts..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Truth hurts..
    For some, yes.

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.